IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

Studies have shown that people who are O type blood are more likely to be bit by biting insects. A blood types are half as likely as O types to get bit, and B types fall in the middle.

Also, 85% of people secrete a chemical in our skin that announces a blood type. Those people are more likely to get bit by people who don't secrete said chemical, regardless of their blood type. (So an O non-secreter will be less likely to be bit than an A secreter).

I did hear that there is conflicting evidence about the microcephaly, but everything at this point says that there has to be more testing to determine one way or the other.

I guess I'm one of those really unlucky A blood type people who gets bitten above and beyond what everyone else around me seems to. I also tend to welt up badly when I get bitten [emoji20] Maybe my feet just stink worse than my friends'.

I don't know what my blood type is for sure, but I get eaten alive by mosquitoes., also, bedbugs. If someone has an infestation, I'm the only one who gets bitten and I react quite strongly.

My grandma, on the other hand, hardly reacts to bites at all, and she only gets bitten after my cousin and I leave and the bugs need to find new victims.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, missegeno said:

As for the sun, I have very pale skin, tan slowly, but never burn (Hispanic and Irish genes)

Same here, I'm extremely pale, enough that people often randomly comment that I must burn like crazy, but I don't tan or burn easily at all. I have a winter complexion with dark hair, so I guess that's why.

Mosquitoes and other insects couldn't care less about me, so I wonder if I'm in the 15% of people that doesn't secrete that chemical.

On February 13, 2016 at 3:38 PM, MarblesMom said:

I had to go look.  First words out my mouth: "The fucking green shirt again." 

On February 13, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Bad Wolf said:

I bet we all have green shirt nightmares.

On February 14, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Valerie3kids said:

My thoughts also. I hope she has more than one of those shirts or they must stink and are threadbare. Maybe she thinks green is a good color for her? 

She does have a few other lime shirts besides the recently photographed one. Couldn't help myself, had to check. Green must be her favorite color, it's clearly a love that multiplies...

image.jpg

9 minutes ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

She does have a few other lime shirts besides the recently photographed one. Couldn't help myself, had to check. Green must be her favorite color, it's clearly a love that multiplies...

image.jpg

My mom calls that color "Exorcist Barf Green". Why Michelle thinks it's a flattering color for her is beyond me.

14 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

My mom calls that color "Exorcist Barf Green". Why Michelle thinks it's a flattering color for her is beyond me.

So accurate :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Studies have shown that people who are O type blood are more likely to be bit by biting insects. A blood types are half as likely as O types to get bit, and B types fall in the middle.

Also, 85% of people secrete a chemical in our skin that announces a blood type. Those people are more likely to get bit by people who don't secrete said chemical, regardless of their blood type. (So an O non-secreter will be less likely to be bit than an A secreter).

I did hear that there is conflicting evidence about the microcephaly, but everything at this point says that there has to be more testing to determine one way or the other.

I don't find that true... in my experience, the A's get eaten alive (or maybe it's the RH factor, I'm a  negative).. I get eaten alive, and my DH, (O+) sees nothing. MY BFF in HS used to use me as mosquito repellant!

I'm going to So American in 2 weeks and then on to Costa Rica.  I already have my arsenal ready- and now, I'm sitting here scratching.

The hubs and I are both O+. I get bitten like crazy, while he gets nothing.

I admit green is my favorite color. But the only green I ever wear is dark hunter green. I wouldn't wear slim green. Those shirts need to be burned. Does she ever wear anything other than button downs? Her breastfeeding days are over. She doesn't need the easy access anymore!

I'm O+ and the mosquitoes see me and think "Dinner!"  If I get a bite on my hands, I immediately spray them with Windex (yeah, it helps) and get them under hot water, as hot as I can stand.  I may be at the sink for a while but it's better than having to go to the emergency room to have my rings cut off.

I'm type A blood, and mosquitos LOVE me. I also react really badly (bites get very swollen), but I think that stems from the week at Girl Scout camp I came home with ~600 bites. Never had any kind of tests, but they didn't swell as much before that time, but now they do. 

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I'm going to So American in 2 weeks and then on to Costa Rica.  I already have my arsenal ready- and now, I'm sitting here scratching.

The hubs and I are both O+. I get bitten like crazy, while he gets nothing.

Word on the street is that Victoria Secret Bombshell repels mosquitos like nobodies business.  I have not yet tested it out, but their previous front runner scent for this task was Amber Romance.  That I have tried and it worked better than OFF, etc.  Enjoy your trip!

4 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I'm O+ and the mosquitoes see me and think "Dinner!"  If I get a bite on my hands, I immediately spray them with Windex (yeah, it helps) and get them under hot water, as hot as I can stand.  I may be at the sink for a while but it's better than having to go to the emergency room to have my rings cut off.

I'm O+ too, but mosquitoes tend to go for my legs. When I lived in southern China, I got EATEN ALIVE. I still have scars on my lower legs from the bites two years later. I couldn't wear skirts or shorts without people looking at my legs and commenting on how many bites I had.

On February 16, 2016 at 8:02 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I admit green is my favorite color. But the only green I ever wear is dark hunter green. I wouldn't wear slim green. Those shirts need to be burned. Does she ever wear anything other than button downs? Her breastfeeding days are over. She doesn't need the easy access anymore!

I wondered that too. There are few photos with crew neck shirts worn under suit jackets or cardigans, but this is seriously the only plain shirt pic I found on google. 

image.jpg

38 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I don't find that true... in my experience, the A's get eaten alive (or maybe it's the RH factor, I'm a  negative).. I get eaten alive, and my DH, (O+) sees nothing. MY BFF in HS used to use me as mosquito repellant!

Ha, my husband is O- and gets eaten alive, I'm A+ and pretty much never get a bug bite. Gotta love anecdata.

15 minutes ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

I wondered that too. There are few photos with crew neck shirts worn under suit jackets or cardigans, but this is seriously the only plain shirt pic I found on google. 

image.jpg

They're both wearing green? Is there a rule that once a Duggar "girl" gets married, she gets a closet full of ugly green shirts?

19 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Ha, my husband is O- and gets eaten alive, I'm A+ and pretty much never get a bug bite. Gotta love anecdata.

"Anecdata" I never heard that term before and I love it! I need to start using it.

1 hour ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

Thank you for putting the fashion photo collage together!

44 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I'm O+ and the mosquitoes see me and think "Dinner!"

We have mosquitoes like crazy around here in the summer.  All of us got eaten alive the first summer, except for the vegetarian.  

My theory on Michelle and her lime green shirts is that in the 80s she had one of those "Season" consultations done, and was told that lime green compliments her season.

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

My theory on Michelle and her lime green shirts is that in the 80s she had one of those "Season" consultations done, and was told that lime green compliments her season.

Lime green is an Autumn color in the Color Me Beautiful scheme of things.  Is J'chelle an Autumn?  

I said above that mosquitos see me and say "Dinner" and I'm a vegetarian.

On 2/15/2016 at 8:55 AM, DuggarWatch said:

Derick's jaw surgery left his teeth misaligned with his nose.  The shaggy hair and beard he is now sporting might be a self-conscious attempt to cover up his appearance.  He also seems to speak with a lisp now.  This guy is seriously in bad shape.

56c1d8c3f3686_0DerickTeeth.PNG.d55ed25fe

they both look tired, but thats understandable since they have a baby... and are actually caring for him by themselves.  No slaves in sight.  Derick does not look good, though. Its more than just tired. 

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Maybe she was wearing a shirt in that color the first time JB laid eyes on her and fell into a swoon.  A green shirt with puffy sleeves - ah sweet mystery of life, at last I've found you!!!

3 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

image.jpg

There is probably too much hair to be able to fit through without stretching the necks of the shirts. lol

I don't think the limegreen looks so bad on Michelle. And I thought lime green was a spring color? Autumn and spring are warm seasons (color-wise), warm limegreen is spring, a darker warm green like gras is autumn. I think she wanted to have a signiture color but not one that makes her look old like dark colors. the limegreen is fresh and young. she could have picked worse.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived