IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

32 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

In Asia they sell the stuff that you plug in and it will disperse a liquid or a vapour and it will kill all mozzies in your room in ten minutes. I can finally sleep with windows open. I bought a boat load of the stuff and take it wherever I go. It smells a bit like diesel, but that is only a fair trade off. If you sleep with windows closed you can switch it off once they all drop dead. For an allergic mosquito magnet like me it is a life saver. And so much fun to see the little pests crash.

I have however found nothing that will keep them off me outside, unless I cover every square inch of exposed skin every few hours with DEET (also under my watch). Also I cannot wear light clothes, because they bite right trough them. Or lose fitting or they'll fly underneath. 

I suppose mozzies are a conservative conspiracy to force women to cover up. 

Don't you have those things in the US?

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Don't you have those things in the US?

Don't know. They don't sell it where I am from, since mosquitos only come in summers and carry no diseases. So I suppose people are not annoyed enough and in sufficient numbers to demand a chemical solution. 

1 hour ago, paulypepper said:

Is it just me, or do others here start getting itchy just from reading this thread? :pb_lol:

Not just you. *scratch*

On 2/14/2016 at 6:24 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Anna looks like the opening notes of Sounds of Silence are playing in her internal soundtrack. "I married THIS guy? I made a huge mistake..."

LOL Poor Anna.

1 hour ago, caszandra said:

Reading about all of your experiences with mosquito's make me glad to live somewhere without them as I am sure they would love me just like the midgies we have here, horrible little beasties who love nothing better than using me as a snack bar when they get the chance lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/outdoors/articles/midge/

Nightmarish little beasties! Their only saving grace is they don't spread disease, but they attack in formations, and by the battalions - I've never had so many bites as once on Mull.

Which is why I am amazed that there is a nudist colony on an island on Loch Lomond: I can only dread to imagine where some of their bites are :my_confused::my_huh:

3 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

Nightmarish little beasties! Their only saving grace is they don't spread disease, but they attack in formations, and by the battalions - I've never had so many bites as once on Mull.

Which is why I am amazed that there is a nudist colony on an island on Loch Lomond: I can only dread to imagine where some of their bites are :my_confused::my_huh:

If you are ever back in Scotland and see a wee pale blue lassie running around waving her arms around her head say hello as it's probably me trying to get the little bastards to stop biting me lol.

I have no idea how the nudists on Inchmurrin manage it, they must have skin of steel!

1 minute ago, caszandra said:

If you are ever back in Scotland and see a wee pale blue lassie running around waving her arms around her head say hello as it's probably me trying to get the little bastards to stop biting me lol.

I have no idea how the nudists on Inchmurrin manage it, they must have skin of steel!

Certainly balls of steel :kitty-wink:

I've seen these mosquito zapper things that look like tennis racquets, and you simply wave them around and if a mosquito comes in contact with the wires, it gets zapped.  It's quite fun to zap them this way, though you do look a little foolish.

I'm FINALLY watching 'Counting On' as I am in a friends' house visiting and they have TLC On Demand on their cable service.  I think it is funny/ridiculous/telling that Jill is always talking about how she could "impart some of her knowledge" in her midwifery skills to either the staff or the patients.  She has never once said that she could LEARN something from someone else.  This grandiose thinking really yanks my chain.  I wonder if it ever occurs to her that she isn't the definitive source of knowledge on the subject or that the trained professionals in Central America might just be able to teach her something, given her limited scope of training and experience.  The whole notion is laughable to say the least.

My rant is over.  Carry on.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived