IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

HAHAHAHA  that Jill helping to deliver a baby is contributing to anything. Yeah. Ok.

I don't know how the timeline for jaw surgery works, but from what I've seen of other facial surgeries like nose jobs, it can take a year or more of looking really off before everything settles. Assuming Derrick didn't use some hack oral surgeon, I think he has a good chance of looking better than pre-surgery once he finishes healing.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

You guys can be really awful, you know that? None of us know why Derick elected to have jaw surgery. It very well may not have been for cosmetic reasons. The man can't help what his face looks like. And can we quit with the fake hysteria about Zika? Millions of people live in those countries, not just Jill and Derick. Are they all taking precautions against every risk to your exacting standards?

1. You're right that I don't know why he had the surgery, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks awful. And, as another poster said, I'm allowed to have that opinion. And, for the record, I've had "necessary" (I say that in quotes because I've never been sold on the idea that it was truly necessary, despite the orthodontist's insistence) oral work done that has made me look worse than when I started, so I'm not being some "holier than thou" asshole or whatever. That said, I am inclined to believe that it was a cosmetic surgery. Let's face it, the Duggars are OBSESSED with perfect smiles and dentistry. They're also obsessed with making the world watch them get these procedures done. Now, it's possible that the surgery was something he needed to get done, I won't discount that, but I really, truly, believe that the Duggars saw his smile as a flaw that needed to be corrected, especially if he's going to be touring with them or on TV promoting their band.

2. What fake hysteria? The Zika virus might not be something we have to worry about here in the states, but it IS a problem where they are. The threat is ongoing in Central America, and especially in Guatemala. If people were posting about not protecting themselves from the Zika virus and they were still in AR, I could totally understand your complaint; but that's not the case.

3. And, we're not allowed to talk about Jill and Derick not being protected from the virus because millions of other people are at risk, too? That's completely asinine.

18 hours ago, jcanglin991 said:

I know how hard it can be to get in a shower with babies, and when people asked me in the early days if they could do anything for me, I wasn't ashamed to say can you hold the baby while I shower. I can't even imagine having two babies at the same time.  I had great family and friends and a lot of support. In Jill and Derrick's case though, they had his mother there for several weeks, Jill's family was there on a mission trip, and they are two adults with only one child and maybe half a job between them. If Derrick has time to paint her nails he has time to shower and groom himself. No offense to you, like I said, I can't even imagine the effort that goes into caring for twins.

Yeah I think I had a hard time finding time to shower when my twins were infants because my husband left for work around 7am and got home around 8pm, so I was not about to wake up early just to shower or stay up later to shower! I suppose if Derrick is around a lot, they probably each have time to do that stuff.

1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

Thank you, singsingsing. You saved me the trouble. I'm sure they arrived there w/a case of OFF. And the baby is probably one she helped deliver, which means she is making a contribution there. Izzy is giving that baby the once-over.

I'm sure I remember her posting or saying that she was not going to be delivering babies while Izzy was young.  Instead she was going to be dropping by the clinic sometimes to do stuff like handing out nutritional information. 

Also, and I'm just throwing this out there, I developed an allergy to Deet a few years after moving to the South, which means a case of OFF would not help me.  When I garden in the summer I have to wear long sleeves, long pants, gloves, and a hat with netting. Even before I developed the allergy I was very reluctant to use Deet on my face.

As to Derick's appearance...I could not have imagined he could get worse looking but this photograph must be fairly recent.  He looks deranged. I wonder how Jill feels about his appearance, after all he has changed a LOT since they were married.  Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

What the heck does Jill know about nutrition? It's not like her family ever gave  a damn about it. Unless she was taught about nutrition during her midwife training? And hopefully she'd be giving out information in Spanish...

44 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

What the heck does Jill know about nutrition? It's not like her family ever gave  a damn about it. Unless she was taught about nutrition during her midwife training? And hopefully she'd be giving out information in Spanish...

Debes comer el chicken-etti todos los días.

Just curious-do the adoption laws excluding Americans to  adopt in Guatemala cover private adoptions too? Can a mother potentially sign over her baby to the Dillard's?

i don't believe  the Dullards actually adopted, just wondering. 

3 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

1. You're right that I don't know why he had the surgery, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks awful. And, as another poster said, I'm allowed to have that opinion. And, for the record, I've had "necessary" (I say that in quotes because I've never been sold on the idea that it was truly necessary, despite the orthodontist's insistence) oral work done that has made me look worse than when I started, so I'm not being some "holier than thou" asshole or whatever. That said, I am inclined to believe that it was a cosmetic surgery. Let's face it, the Duggars are OBSESSED with perfect smiles and dentistry. They're also obsessed with making the world watch them get these procedures done. Now, it's possible that the surgery was something he needed to get done, I won't discount that, but I really, truly, believe that the Duggars saw his smile as a flaw that needed to be corrected, especially if he's going to be touring with them or on TV promoting their band.

2. What fake hysteria? The Zika virus might not be something we have to worry about here in the states, but it IS a problem where they are. The threat is ongoing in Central America, and especially in Guatemala. If people were posting about not protecting themselves from the Zika virus and they were still in AR, I could totally understand your complaint; but that's not the case.

3. And, we're not allowed to talk about Jill and Derick not being protected from the virus because millions of other people are at risk, too? That's completely asinine.

Someone needs to clue the Duggars in that skin care is just as important as a pretty/handsome smile.

I never thought Derick looked that bad. Jill could have done far worse.

Just saw a picture of Jim bob and Michelle surprising Jill and Derrick on people.com. Jill looks pregnant again to me which wouldn't be surprising. 

Hello FJ! Ive been a lurker on and off for years, i even remember reading Ruth and embarassingly believing her. However this is my very first post. Ive been tempted to post before now but never followed through with signing up a new account. Not sure why this was my ice breaker but better late than never.

Anyway as a Spanish speaker fairly immersed in Mexican culture I find the names of the children they describe strange..  Kevin, Jason? I was with friends from Hondoras last night and their names are Marcello, Roberto and Jose Luis.

While missionaries exploiting native peoples in need with spiritual blackmail pisses me off to no end, especially since I'm half native Hawaiian kanaka maoli and my people have a long history of subjugation by Christian missionaries that continues to this day, I think in this case i believe or at the very least hope its the racistic xenophobic naive SOS missionaries that are the ones being taken advantage of the most.

Local families in need of resources are probably savy to the pervasiveness of these wannabe white savior groups and coach their kids to milk the most out of them. Americanized names, stories of learning English and sick relatives, anything to best play the part and to make it seem like they're the ideal stereotype of docile brown people, eager to shed their native ignorance and savegry for the enlightenment of the brand of white washed Americanized evangelism theyre so greatful all these pseudo wannabes like the Dillards have opened their eyes to. As they very well should, laughing at the stupid gringos all the way wondering how people froma place like the US are stupid enough to think no one in El Salvador has ever heard of this Jesus guy before.

I have seen the people article and run here. I am calling it. Jill is pregnant. Not because she looks like she is (she really doesn't) but because people is teasting the waters. Not like they will listen to the negative comments, but i predict 2 or 3 weeks of articles before the announcement

@zee_four welcome. Sometimes the posts get a little heated, and you might get a downarrow for an opinion, but most people on here are respectful and fun. Long sentence, sorry.

I am hoping that Derrick's surgery maybe was Part 1 of several. I know someone who had their jaw realigned and she never looked like Derrick afterwards. She looked better right after surgery even with all the swelling etc. He does not look good. He does not really look very healthy.

Why couldn't the Duggars take outlet covers in their suitcases? Or is that something they are opposed to also? It must be hard for Cathy to be so far away from her grandson. She clearly adores him.

I still am of the opinion that they are both clueless about the Zika virus. I think they pray and assume it will have nothing at all to do with them. They have heard the warnings but allowed them to fly right through their heads.

I am still unsettled that they are approaching children. I am also unsettled as stated before they do not help their residents in the long run such as providing a fishing rod vs the single fish. So they are making those in need dependent on them and not independent like I feel those in their position should do. What will they do when Derrick and Jill fly back home? They will be in the same place they were before they arrived.

Must disagree with the one comment about ministers and sentences. My dad was a minister for over 40 years and he had a very good grasp of the English language and how to write a proper paragraph. It was part of his seminary classes. Not all ministers lack clarity when they speak and write. :) 

Just reread some of Derrick's blog "of which I will not go into the details on". Did Jill proofread this for him? Looks like SOTDRT grammar to me.

24 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I have seen the people article and run here. I am calling it. Jill is pregnant. Not because she looks like she is (she really doesn't) but because people is teasting the waters. Not like they will listen to the negative comments, but i predict 2 or 3 weeks of articles before the announcement

How does one make an impromptu visit to a place 1500 miles away? "Oh, we just happened to be driving by El Salvador and thought we would drop in?" They've been there 4 months, since mid-October, not 6. I think Jill does look pregnant. I wonder if they got their first look at a Zika baby and it shook them?

36 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Nutritional info?  Good one.  I can imagine Jill leaving the clinic while everyone tries to figure out what "tater tot casserole" is.

I daresay the locals could teach Jill a thing or two about nutrition:  daily rice and beans and fresh fruit.

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

You guys can be really awful, you know that? None of us know why Derick elected to have jaw surgery. It very well may not have been for cosmetic reasons. The man can't help what his face looks like. And can we quit with the fake hysteria about Zika? Millions of people live in those countries, not just Jill and Derick. Are they all taking precautions against every risk to your exacting standards?

What's that supposed to mean? Are you commenting that people here are being nitpicky about every single thing they're doing or that the entire Zika thing is overblown?

The reason I don't think its completely horrible that people are nit picking about Jerrick is because she's not on birth control. If it was any other normal couple on BC, I wouldn't care about them contracting Zika because it's not harmful to adults usually. But Jill may very well be pregnant right now and promotes anti BC bullshit in these Latin American countries where there's already a huge stigma against birth control. Most women in Latin America don't know that much about birth control and take whatever information is given to them -- information that is usually given by missionaries and the Catholic Church.

5 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

If Jill is pregnant  her and Derrick truly are assholes.

and stupid.

2 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Just curious-do the adoption laws excluding Americans to  adopt in Guatemala cover private adoptions too? Can a mother potentially sign over her baby to the Dillard's?

All adoptions in Guatemala were essentially private adoptions -- there was no central agency that handled foreign adoptions, which was part of the problem and led to a lot of corruption. If the Dillards intend to return to the U.S. and have done some sort of illegal adoption (or a "hey, this woman told me to raise her kid, wink, wink" sort of informal adoption,) they won't be able to bring the child because they didn't follow the Hague Convention adoption rules.

What I don't know, is whether they can somehow manage to skirt the rules if they end up living in Guatemala long enough to become residents of that country. They may be able to get some sort of in-country adoption at that point, but I don't know that for certain.

Meh. Derrick looks awful. Absolutely awful. If my oral surgeon did that to my face, I'd bitch slap him/her into the middle of next week.

On February 12, 2016 at 1:26 PM, choralcrusader8613 said:

It kinda makes me think of a story in my area where people offered poor kids free pizza...if they went to a church service with them. I can't remember if it was just going to a church service or if they also had to get baptized, but either is pretty awful.

If you get pizza for being baptized, can you get baptized more than once and get extra pizza? :irony:

Just now, EmCatlyn said:

If you get pizza for being baptized, can you get baptized more than once and get extra pizza? :irony:

This reminded me to update the story: It was not a story in my area, but the kids did have to get baptized to get pizza. I'm attaching the article for anyone who's curious:

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-08-28/news/mn-38375_1_pizza-promised

19 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

If they did that they couldn't leghump anymore.

Maybe when Israel gets older he will decide to convert to Judiasm on his own because he will have an identity crisis from having a very Jewish sounding name.

"Israel" is not a very Jewish sounding name in Spanish.  So maybe he will go back to Central America and convert to Catholicism. ;)

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived