IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 2

Coconut Flan

We can thank one of her kids for reminding her about twitter.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Ironing a pair of pants is really not that hard. She should just get over herself

Couldn't Mark, oh, I dunno, iron his own damn pants? He has hands and arm muscles and motor control. Let him take care of his own shit like the big strong adult man that he is.

4 minutes ago, neat said:

Valuable fundie life lessons from Sierra on IG today... 

Ironing a basic "pair of paints" does sound pretty difficult... 

1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Couldn't Mark, oh, I dunno, iron his own damn pants? He has hands and arm muscles and motor control. Let him take care of his own shit like the big strong adult man that he is.

That's women's work, obviously. If he so much as touches that iron, he will turn into a woman. No fundie rehab center could save him then... 

3 minutes ago, neat said:

That's women's work, obviously. If he so much as touches that iron, he will turn into a woman. No fundie rehab center could save him then... 

I'd pay to see that, ha ha ha. Great post. 

Damn it, Sierra, it's good to know how to iron, but did that really require its own Instagram post? I'd rather see the chocolate-covered fruit, and I hate fruit anywhere near my chocolate!

she has too much time on her hands 

8 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

omg you are suggesting the leader of the group iron his own pants 

what would the little soldiers say ?

15 minutes ago, nst said:

oh, dear, sorry for the quote box; I messed up.

why oh why does it take nearly seven minutes to iron pants?  I don't mean to show off, but I can iron a prairie skirt (much more fabric involved) in maybe half that time.

and she once burned a silk shirt?   i hope that was just youthful spite at learning a chore she didn't like.  every iron I've owned/used has one of the lower settings labeled for silk.  it's not hard if you pay attention.

35 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

My husband can often be found sitting at the sewing machine or ironing his clothes. Why? Because they are HIS clothes and he can take care of himself because he is a 29-year-old grown ass man. But what do I know? I'm just an ebil liberal, pro-choice, pants wearing heathen. Ok. Snark over.

7 minutes ago, catlady said:

why oh why does it take nearly seven minutes to iron pants?  I don't mean to show off, but I can iron a prairie skirt (much more fabric involved) in maybe half that time.

and she once burned a silk shirt?   i hope that was just youthful spite at learning a chore she didn't like.  every iron I've owned/used has one of the lower settings labeled for silk.  it's not hard if you pay attention.

That actually happened to me once. I was in a rush and needed that shirt. Never wil happen again. I miss that shirt, it made my boobs look amazing :pb_lol:

Problems.

1. First you have to read the directions.

2. Then you have to believe them.

3. Then you have to be practical and test the iron on an inconspicuous part of the fabric. That's a lot for a crazy fundie to handle.

10 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

That actually happened to me once. I was in a rush and needed that shirt. Never wil happen again. I miss that shirt, it made my boobs look amazing :pb_lol:

I was in a hurry ironing once, too and somehow the iron fell on the carpeted floor - hot iron facing down! I picked it up quickly, but it had managed to make a permanent iron-shaped melt pattern in the carpet. Ay ay ay :5624796058123_Aseaoftearscrying:I've been extra careful ironing since!

Getting back to Sierra and Mark - yes, I really don't understand why he couldn't have ironed the pants himself. I do a lot of the laundry and ironing for my husband, but when I have my hands full, he takes over. I can only imagine Sierra has not just her hands, but her arms full with all of those little kids and a newborn. Of course, no one in Fundie land has ever heard of an egalitarian relationship so I shouldn't be surprised. 

This is why I own a steamer. It even has an attachment that makes creases. Can't mess up, takes 30 seconds. 

33 minutes ago, catlady said:

she wants validation in every form - little soldiers seem to be not relevant 

10 minutes ago, Casserole said:

This is why I own a steamer. It even has an attachment that makes creases. Can't mess up, takes 30 seconds. 

and this is why I take clothes to be altered :D 

and a cleaning lady 

the list could go on 

28 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

My husband can often be found sitting at the sewing machine or ironing his clothes. Why? Because they are HIS clothes and he can take care of himself because he is a 29-year-old grown ass man. But what do I know? I'm just an ebil liberal, pro-choice, pants wearing heathen. Ok. Snark over.

Mr. CL can iron, too, although not very often.  but if he needed pants *now* he could get the job done himself.  he also folds and puts away his own laundry (I sort it and run the machines, but that's it); these are useful skills that every adult should have, like much else in the home.  the reality is, I could drop dead or become disabled unexpectedly; he needs to be able to survive day-to-day if I'm not able to do for him.

If she weren't so busy dipping strawberries for her cottage business peddling crap to leghumpers she would have done laundry at the correct time and he would have had ironed pants.  (bottom line - he can iron he's own danged pants in my world)

19 minutes ago, season of life said:

795 likes for a post about ironing...

see, and that's the sad part of this. There's people (I assume predominantly young fundie women) who see these types of posts and think "YEAH THAT'S RIGHT!" 

I do the sewing and he actually irons better than I do (7 years of military service ironing his own uniforms). We both do our own laundry as well as our sons who are 19 and 21. 

I'm assuming from her post she was helping him get out the door quickly as he only had 10 minutes. Makes sense to me "I'll iron for you while you shave." Not really any different than my husband or son running out to brush the snow off my car to save me time.

2 hours ago, catlady said:

Mr. CL can iron, too, although not very often.  but if he needed pants *now* he could get the job done himself.  he also folds and puts away his own laundry (I sort it and run the machines, but that's it); these are useful skills that every adult should have, like much else in the home.  the reality is, I could drop dead or become disabled unexpectedly; he needs to be able to survive day-to-day if I'm not able to do for him.

Mr. Museum still needs work on folding his clothes. He takes the dirty clothes from his hamper, does the laundry and then just dumps his clean clothes back on the floor to be used when he sees fit. I have to pick and choose my battles.

I couldn't even tell you the last time I ironed anything. So if I did...it may be worthy of an Instagram post from me. And then my husband would likely die of shock.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived