IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 2

Coconut Flan

omg Tea infusers that don't look like they'll let tea leaves into your tea. I may have to invest in some because all of ours are crap.
@Caribou - do they leave a plastic/artificial taste in your tea?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't get the Nessie infusers until next week (they're shipped out of Israel!) @OnceUponATime, so I can't speak to them directly, but I have several plastic ones and have never had an issue with taste before. I've never seen a difference between them and my metal ones. But, I like my tea steeped strong and served with lemon, so that may affect my taste buds! 

19 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

omg Tea infusers that don't look like they'll let tea leaves into your tea. I may have to invest in some because all of ours are crap.
@Caribou - do they leave a plastic/artificial taste in your tea?

Be really careful with the rubber ones, they have to be cleaned right away. I had a yellow submarine one and I left it over night before cleaning it because I was sick. The next day it was filled with mold. 

On 2/26/2016 at 7:22 PM, PracticeMakesProgress said:

Growing up in the South, I never knew tea was served in any other fashion but ice cold with multiple cups of diabetes powder (sugar) dissolved in the water prior to steeping. My husband's family has spent significant time traveling abroad, that's when I learned there were different types of tea, it can be loose leaf, and it can be served hot. My eyes have been opened! 

I'm a northern girl through and through, and when I ordered iced tea straight up no sugar at a Denny's in Virginia, the waitress looked at me like I'd just announced a proclivity for eating babies. I just don't like really sugary drinks unless they're bubble tea (my one weakness)!

I don't understand the expensive strawberry thing. The candy shop in the Amish (PA Dutch, to be precise) market in Kingston, NJ sells beautiful, tasty chocolate dipped strawberries for around $3 (don't remember exactly, but it isn't more) for four large (but not the woody tasteless kind) and beautiful chocolate-dipped strawberries.

On 2/28/2016 at 6:08 PM, patsymae said:

I don't understand the expensive strawberry thing. The candy shop in the Amish (PA Dutch, to be precise) market in Kingston, NJ sells beautiful, tasty chocolate dipped strawberries for around $3 (don't remember exactly, but it isn't more) for four large (but not the woody tasteless kind) and beautiful chocolate-dipped strawberries.

Aah, you're going to give me berry envy. There were a lot of PA Dutch near where I grew up in OH, and a lot of PA Dutch owned business/gift shops, etc. Now that we don't live there anymore, I kind of regret that we never touristed around more. Also that we only drove down to Jungle Jim's once.

23 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

Aah, you're going to give me berry envy. There were a lot of PA Dutch near where I grew up in OH, and a lot of PA Dutch owned business/gift shops, etc. Now that we don't live there anymore, I kind of regret that we never touristed around more. Also that we only drove down to Jungle Jim's once.

Jungle Kim's is awesome. When I lived in Cincinnati my friend did all his shopping there--but overwhelming. A whole aisle of olive oils? There were plans to build hotels and make it a foodie Mecca.

yeah, shop at Amish markets and stands every chance you get. Everything always tastes fantastic and they can tell you where it all came from, right down to which farms for the butter and yogurt

15 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Jungle Kim's is awesome. When I lived in Cincinnati my friend did all his shopping there--but overwhelming. A whole aisle of olive oils? There were plans to build hotels and make it a foodie Mecca.

yeah, shop at Amish markets and stands every chance you get. Everything always tastes fantastic and they can tell you where it all came from, right down to which farms for the butter and yogurt

Foodie mecca, absolutely. No hotels though. :) He actually built a second location on the east side of town that is less crowded and far easier to navigate... and fortunately for me, it's about 2 miles away...

There are also some great Amish markets about 1 hour east of the city.

33 minutes ago, djmd said:

Foodie mecca, absolutely. No hotels though. :) He actually built a second location on the east side of town that is less crowded and far easier to navigate... and fortunately for me, it's about 2 miles away...

There are also some great Amish markets about 1 hour east of the city.

You guys are so lucky. I lived just northeast of Dayton, so it was a 50+ mile trip to get down there. We almost never went down to Cincinnati unless we were crossing the river to go to the Newport Aquarium.

On the other hand, I live 20 minutes away from the Mall of America, now, so maybe it evens out in the end... :pb_lol: And I've got to admit, not living in a swing state in election year anymore is GREAT. 

"And I've got to admit, not living in a swing state in election year anymore is GREAT. "

Yeah, when I lived in Ohio I always felt like somehow I would be personally responsible if there was a terrible outcome.

I hate living in a swing state.  Besides feeling like everything comes down to us, it's means non-stop political commercials from the day after the conventions until election day.  Even the Olympics is wall to wall garbage commercials.

On 1/29/2016 at 4:54 AM, missegeno said:

Uterus didelphys! It's scary because in many cases, you don't know if you have it until a complication arises (though it frequently is accompanied by an extra vagina). Often, it means the womb isn't even able to accommodate one baby, because it is actually split into different compartments. Sometimes, a second embryo will begin to grow if the woman is impregnated during her pregnancy. In most of those cases, a c-section will be required to remove both once one fetus has outgrown their portion of the womb. (If I weren't in my current field, I would absolutely have pursued a career in reproductive health - I'm such a nerd for it!).

Growing up, my friend's grandma had this. She had gotten a hysterectomy after the fourth kid She had had several miscarriages as well and her lady parts were in rough shape. Her doctor said it was for the best and she agreed. No more babies!

A few months later she's back in her doctor's office, pissed, telling him she is sure she is pregnant. He told her it was impossible but she said "I've been pregnant 7 times and I know when I'm pregnant. I am pregnant! " I don't know how he missed it during the surgery but sure enough, she was pregnant. Two uteri. The one that got left was small and misshapen. The doctor figured that's where all the miscarriages had come from. There was no way the baby could survive full term so she had another hysterectomy.

1 hour ago, patsymae said:

"And I've got to admit, not living in a swing state in election year anymore is GREAT. "

Yeah, when I lived in Ohio I always felt like somehow I would be personally responsible if there was a terrible outcome.

Live here now. I couldn't agree with this more.

4 hours ago, patsymae said:

3 hours ago, HRM1216 said:

Live here now. I couldn't agree with this more.

I like telling people how fist fights used to break out at my high school over presidential candidates. I almost wish I had been there in 2008 to watch the sparks fly over Obama. Almost.

@Shoobydoo I was a freshman in high school for the 2008 elections. There are not words lol. The first time I got to vote in 2012 as a college freshman the attitudes were even worse. Crazy crazy.

@HRM1216 The 2008 election was my first one, but I was on my study abroad trip. I voted absentee. I literally turned 18 a week before election day. :pb_biggrin:

12 hours ago, frugaldreams said:

Growing up, my friend's grandma had this. She had gotten a hysterectomy after the fourth kid She had had several miscarriages as well and her lady parts were in rough shape. Her doctor said it was for the best and she agreed. No more babies!

A few months later she's back in her doctor's office, pissed, telling him she is sure she is pregnant. He told her it was impossible but she said "I've been pregnant 7 times and I know when I'm pregnant. I am pregnant! " I don't know how he missed it during the surgery but sure enough, she was pregnant. Two uteri. The one that got left was small and misshapen. The doctor figured that's where all the miscarriages had come from. There was no way the baby could survive full term so she had another hysterectomy.

Wow that's an amazing story, I had no idea things like that could happen! 

When you learn French at the SOTDRT. Plurals are hard y'all::

As an Iowan, I get the obnoxious political ads and campaign calls, but I also like seeing political bigwigs having to come to the small town Pizza Ranches and actually having to act like they give a shit toward what we care about. Even Donald Trump entered a Pizza Ranch...

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Let us all hope that Sierra prepared the strawberries on site in the health-inspected venue, since she does not have a catering license. 

Am I wrong or does Sierra use the comma in weird places? For example, in her recent post about her husband, she used the comma like this: Your passion for your faith, is what is leaving a Godly legacy unto the 3rd and 4th generations.

12 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

As an Iowan, I get the obnoxious political ads and campaign calls, but I also like seeing political bigwigs having to come to the small town Pizza Ranches and actually having to act like they give a shit toward what we care about. Even Donald Trump entered a Pizza Ranch...

Is that a chain restaurant? Or a term for something else? It makes me hungry because I love to dip my pizza into ranch dressing:mrgreen:

12 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Let us all hope that Sierra prepared the strawberries on site in the health-inspected venue, since she does not have a catering license. 

Of course not! It's probably a Duggar kitchen special.

15 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I def have to snark back at Mrs. Dominguez since she snarked me...it's hors d'oeuvres ...thanks for caring!!!! :my_tongue:

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived