IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 9: They slosh through the rain.

Coconut Flan

I really suspect that neither Jill nor Derrick particularly wanted children of their own right now, but maybe they didn't realize that until after Jill was pregnant (since that took roughly 3 days for that to happen). Perhaps she was just starting to adjust to being her own human, starting to enjoy a quiet house, etc, things most people learn throughout their early 20's, and thinking "this really isn't so bad, I could get used to this" and then here she has this baby come along, one in a string of many, and she kind of resents him for it. I know that's an unfortunate way to think, especially for a professional baby-maker who presently has a child, but I kind of could see where she was coming from.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on a "mommy" forum and there was this one annoying woman who thought she was the best mother ever (for many ridiculous reasons.) She criticized those of us who baby/toddler proofed our houses. My kid sticks his finger in every hole he can find. I am not about to leave sockets uncovered. He's not unattended ever. But all it takes is for me to turn my back to unload the dishwasher. I am not risking that. He's 2, not 6. He doesn't understand the consequences of things yet.

I do think that some kids, by nature, maybe aren't "explorers" or whatever. Her baby definitely wasn't. She was content to just lay there. Even as a two year old, she's content to just watch t.v. for hours. I suppose in that case, you wouldn't need to worry so much about your child electrocuting itself or falling down the stairs. Of course, she should probably worry about a t.v. or something falling on her kid. I doubt she's anchored any heavy furniture. But yet SHE is the superior mom because she's super "laid back."

So annoying.

I think Jill and Derick are those types of people that think as long as they are godly, nothing bad will happen to their child. Yeah, good luck with that.

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2539998/god-did-not-call-us-to-convert-catholics-jill-duggar-dillard-responds-to-critics-attempts-to-set-record-straight-on-mission-work/#PvxAJLou8kvio6kI.99 "

So they're not converting Catholics, just telling Catholics about Jesus in the most condescending white-savior way possible.

I keep wondering...WHY does she think it's OK that she shared photos of all these young children on her public media, webpage, etc.?  Have the children's families given them permission to use their images?  If they are orphans, then no one has the right to give permission for their images to be used.   In the US, this would be a BIG no-no...everywhere my kids participate in sports, educational programs, etc., we have to sign a waiver if it's OK with us for them to use our kids' images for promotional purposes or whatever.  But for years, Duggars have been taking photos of people in other countries I assume without their permission.  NOT OK.  Even if the kids are truly orphans with no family or guardians (and some may not be...maybe family was just too poor to raise any more kids...), still NOT OK.  These pics make me all rage-y inside.

26 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I was on a "mommy" forum and there was this one annoying woman who thought she was the best mother ever (for many ridiculous reasons.) She criticized those of us who baby/toddler proofed our houses. My kid sticks his finger in every hole he can find. I am not about to leave sockets uncovered. He's not unattended ever. But all it takes is for me to turn my back to unload the dishwasher. I am not risking that. He's 2, not 6. He doesn't understand the consequences of things yet.

I do think that some kids, by nature, maybe aren't "explorers" or whatever. Her baby definitely wasn't. She was content to just lay there. Even as a two year old, she's content to just watch t.v. for hours. I suppose in that case, you wouldn't need to worry so much about your child electrocuting itself or falling down the stairs. Of course, she should probably worry about a t.v. or something falling on her kid. I doubt she's anchored any heavy furniture. But yet SHE is the superior mom because she's super "laid back."

So annoying.

I think Jill and Derick are those types of people that think as long as they are godly, nothing bad will happen to their child. Yeah, good luck with that.

A family that lives where I grew up have far too many kids for the empty-headed mother to take care of, when one of them ended up drowning in their pool (the mother couldn't understand how it happened, his older brother was supposed to be watching her. The "older brother" being the oldest of the not yet school aged kids, so ~5 years old) the family gave an interview to the newspaper about how wonderful it had been that God had given them a chance to know the child and that isn't it so great that they can donate her tissues? The whole thing was just wonderful because that was god's plan and it's beautiful. 

Needless to say there are many members of the community that were furious about her glib response to allowing her child to die, but no one was surprised because they have been consistently negligent in their parenting, expecting God to handle it while they try for more kids.

3 minutes ago, Mrsaztx said:

A family that lives by my parents have far too many kids for the empty-headed mother to take care of, when one of them ended up drowning in their pool (the mother couldn't understand how it happened, his older brother was supposed to be watching him. The "older brother" being the oldest of the not yet school aged kids, so ~5 years old) the family gave an interview to the newspaper about how wonderful it had been that God had given them a chance to know the child and that isn't it so great that they can donate her tissues? The whole thing was just wonderful because that was god's plan and it's beautiful. 

Needless to say there are many members of the community that were furious about her glib response to allowing her child to die, but no one was surprised because they have been consistently negligent in their parenting, expecting God to handle it while they try for more kids.

What the fuck?!? And who would expect a 5 year old to be in charge of anyone? They have short attention spans and you have to remind them to wipe their boogery noses because otherwise they'd be content just to be boogery. That awful woman and poor child. :(

25 minutes ago, JHeathen said:

I keep wondering...WHY does she think it's OK that she shared photos of all these young children on her public media, webpage, etc.?  Have the children's families given them permission to use their images?  If they are orphans, then no one has the right to give permission for their images to be used.   In the US, this would be a BIG no-no...everywhere my kids participate in sports, educational programs, etc., we have to sign a waiver if it's OK with us for them to use our kids' images for promotional purposes or whatever.  But for years, Duggars have been taking photos of people in other countries I assume without their permission.  NOT OK.  Even if the kids are truly orphans with no family or guardians (and some may not be...maybe family was just too poor to raise any more kids...), still NOT OK.  These pics make me all rage-y inside.

Jill probably thinks those orphans are "blessed" to be around her, since the Duggar "ministry" assumes that just being a Duggar is sufficient for other people to throw money at them. The Duggars have no conception that their own children have separate needs and wants, so why would they think a bunch of brown skinned Catholic orphans do?

1 minute ago, HarryPotterFan said:

What the fuck?!? And who would expect a 5 year old to be in charge of anyone? They have short attention spans and you have to remind them to wipe their boogery noses because otherwise they'd be content just to be boogery. That awful woman and poor child.

Ya, it's infuriating, even several years later, for everyone but them it seems. Most of the neighbor's are stunned only one has died so far since they routinely have to do things like pick them up from the actual roads because they're driving their power wheels on them (a 45mph road), I saw a child in diapers climb out of the second story window onto the roof, I've seen them jumping from the roof into the pool, seen the 6 and unders walking along the same busy road with no shoulder, somebody must be watching over them since none of the others have died yet. And talking to the parents does nothing

I can appreciate all of the safety devices and precautions these days and I can't see why anyone would neglect to use them. I say this because as I child even though I was watched and cared for things happened as I slipped away. I still have a burn scar on my arm from when I fell out of my high chair onto a hot oven door, and I fondly remember many a time sticking metal objects into electrical outlets...:my_smile: yeah you would think I would have learned the first time. Could be why we always had a lot of spare fuses...hehehe

32 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

I can appreciate all of the safety devices and precautions these days and I can't see why anyone would neglect to use them. I say this because as I child even though I was watched and cared for things happened as I slipped away. I still have a burn scar on my arm from when I fell out of my high chair onto a hot oven door, and I fondly remember many a time sticking metal objects into electrical outlets...:my_smile: yeah you would think I would have learned the first time. Could be why we always had a lot of spare fuses...hehehe

Exactly. It's not like many people (hopefully non) actively look for cars without airbags or seat belts just because they don't intend to get in car accidents. Safety devices as a whole I do believe have bettered society and dare I say, made things safer!

I feel like this is all related with the Dullards. I agree with those who have said they are clueless when it comes to parenting but its more than that. They are clueless idiots who are also know-it-alls. Jill thinks she knows everything about everything about parenting because she was a sister mom and Derick agrees. After all, that is her jurisdiction.

Its the same attitude that leads these idiots to preach christianity to christians in a country where they don't speak the language. They are clueless about what they are doing but they think they know everything better than everyone else. Its really a dangerous combination.

I have to say that I was struck by Derick's shift to say that education isn't important. I never had any high hopes for Izzy going to real school, but the Dullards have, up to this point, been acting like they want Izzy to be the next Pistol Pete. Derick's words basically are saying that we don't care about education as long as there is Jesus. Any wishes for Izzy to go to college are over.

Derick will probably find some way to have Izzy be an "honorary" Pistol Pete for a day or something just to say there was 3 generations of it. He really guzzled that Duggar koolaid. 

Both of the Dillard brothers seem so eager to latch on to the tit of fame. It makes me wonder if maybe Cathy did raise them with a lot of fundie aspirations or if they just became fame whores on their own.

7 hours ago, artdecades said:

I feel like this is all related with the Dullards. I agree with those who have said they are clueless when it comes to parenting but its more than that. They are clueless idiots who are also know-it-alls. Jill thinks she knows everything about everything about parenting because she was a sister mom and Derick agrees. After all, that is her jurisdiction.

Its the same attitude that leads these idiots to preach christianity to christians in a country where they don't speak the language. They are clueless about what they are doing but they think they know everything better than everyone else. Its really a dangerous combination.

I have to say that I was struck by Derick's shift to say that education isn't important. I never had any high hopes for Izzy going to real school, but the Dullards have, up to this point, been acting like they want Izzy to be the next Pistol Pete. Derick's words basically are saying that we don't care about education as long as there is Jesus. Any wishes for Izzy to go to college are over.

Did he actually say that? Am I missing something? I only watched parts of the 3rd episode... 

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Did he actually say that? Am I missing something? I only watched parts of the 3rd episode... 

I think this might have originated from his blog post, after Jill "became a midwife". Derrick wrote: Now begins the fruit of that labor, that is, having a valuable skill and “tool in the tool belt” to use for the furthering of God’s Kingdom. It’s important for us to not just get an education for the sake of getting an education. That is not a true education. The purpose of any educational endeavor, whether primary, secondary, or post-secondary, ought to be to prepare to contribute to society, and for Christians, that means productivity for the Kingdom. Notable verses I’ve been meditating on recently are Ecclesiastes 9:10, Colossians 3:23, Matthew 6:33, and Romans 6:6. I would encourage everyone to get a Bible, open it, read it, and see what God might be speaking to you today.

http://dillardfamily.com/blog?ID=7638a227-710c-40a5-b979-a39204411470

When I was small, my parents didn't have any child proofing locks on one of the cabinets, which lead to me pulling a huge bottle of vodka out of the cabinet and dropping it on my big toe.

Good times, good times.

My oldest wasn't very adventurous and never really got into cabinets, drawers, etc.  She was the type to watch a disney movie over and over and over again or just play with her toys.  My 2nd and 3rd were within the normal range for exploration, I think.  My youngest has extreme ADHD and we cannot turn our backs on him for half a minute!  He is 7 now so we don't have to worry about him messing with electrical outlets and the like, but he gets into some very impressive (not in a good way) situations with great regularity.

19 minutes ago, Elvis Presby said:

My oldest wasn't very adventurous and never really got into cabinets, drawers, etc.  She was the type to watch a disney movie over and over and over again or just play with her toys.  My 2nd and 3rd were within the normal range for exploration, I think.  My youngest has extreme ADHD and we cannot turn our backs on him for half a minute!  He is 7 now so we don't have to worry about him messing with electrical outlets and the like, but he gets into some very impressive (not in a good way) situations with great regularity.

That's exactly it...there isn't a one size fits all parenting style because all children are so different. But people like the Duggars don't understand that. They do the same thing for each child. It's asinine to me. I still wonder what they would have done if a child had a disability. Or some sort of developmental delay. Or something like ADHD. Would they have altered their parenting style for that child? Doubtful.

2 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

That's exactly it...there isn't a one size fits all parenting style because all children are so different. But people like the Duggars don't understand that. They do the same thing for each child. It's asinine to me. I still wonder what they would have done if a child had a disability. Or some sort of developmental delay. Or something like ADHD. Would they have altered their parenting style for that child? Doubtful.

Very doubtful.  I find it hard to believe they don't have at least one child with ADHD.  If they do, that child probably got a hefty dose of visits with the rod.  The thing is, these kids DO get better as they get older even though they will always be more impulsive and adventurous.  You just can't beat ADHD out of a child.  In fact, you should work extra hard to preserve their self esteem because these kids hear all day long what a pain in the butt they are from the rest of the world.  Sad but true.

I never baby proofed. But my daughter was the type that could sit for hours with a book while quietly playing with my grandmothers         antique tea set. If I'd had a child like my friends son, you'd better believe I'd pad my whole house. One time, when he was around 3, I was babysitting him and I made the mistake of going pee. I was in there 5 minutes, and I came out and found him on top of the refrigerator, dumping all my cereal out onto my kitchen floor. Kid was like a cat, he could get up anywhere.

7 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Sadly, I don't think they would even have noticed if a child had a disability, developmental delay or ADHD itself. The first problem is that the older girls are raising their siblings and I am not even sure they would notice that something is wrong. Second, I don't think it would matter even if they knew as they don't care about any of the children getting the most out of their lives or living up to the best of their abilities. Besides, they will never alter the parenting style they believe is perfect. 

10 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I would never have a pool. 

We had one for many years when my kids were little, we had a safety fence, pool alarm  and were really paranoid when our kids were small and even not so small.   It was nice to be able to swim with them, and I'm glad we had it. Since our youngest is now a teenager, we've recently "traded in" the pool for a hut tub. :)

Just now, snarkysuki1724 said:

We had one for many years when my kids were little, we had a safety fence, pool alarm  and were really paranoid when our kids were small and even not so small.   It was nice to be able to swim with them, and I'm glad we had it. Since our youngest is now a teenager, we've recently "traded in" the pool for a hut tub. :)

Your avatar makes me very happy. That is all.

Funny that the Duggars made their living for a decade + on the fact that they have 19 children, when in reality, they have always viewed their offspring as ONE. 

Those kids have always been seen as 1 unit- not individuals.

I do not believe that any 1 couple can successfully, adequately or safely parent 19 individual children to adulthood.

12 minutes ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

Growing up in Australia, we always had a swimming pool. Nearly all of my friends did, too. Safety fences started to become mandatory when I was a kid. Swimming lessons, and water (pool+ocean) safety are part of Aussie culture from a very, very young age.

We have a pool too.  It's nice to be able to play out there with the kids during the summer and have all that fun without having to leave the house, pack a pool bag, or have to worry whether or not we are swimming in pee.  :kitty-shifty:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived