IGNORED

Pecan and Priss moving to Texas

WonderingInWA

2 hours ago, Casserole said:

Davia was quite a trendy name in some New Jersey Italian families for a while... I didn't know it wasn't a socially acceptable name choice.

If her Dad's name wasn't David, it wouldn't be so strange.  Heck, even in the UK, might not seem as  strange.   Nigella Lawson's father was named Nigel...and her sister's name was Thomasina (also another sister was called Horatia.).  Georgina is also quite a common name there.  I guess as PracticeMakesPerfect implied....David probably wasn't all that in to fellowship.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they just liked the idea of naming a kid after David, but they didn't want to go the David Jr. route (because if they did, why wouldn't they have named Paul David?), and they liked Davia. I know that's not as ~hilarious~ as assuming it has something to do with the fact that David's ~sooooo gay teehee~, but it seems like a slightly more plausible explanation.

Maybe the boys get Priscilla's "P" first letter and the girls get David's "D"?  Seems a bit strange, but so does he.

I'm a poet.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that this is their name "theme", too.

28 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Maybe the boys get Priscilla's "P" first letter and the girls get David's "D"?  Seems a bit strange, but so does he.

I'm a poet.

I actually think it's a cute theme, as far as naming themes go at least. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe they just liked the idea of naming a kid after David, but they didn't want to go the David Jr. route (because if they did, why wouldn't they have named Paul David?), and they liked Davia. I know that's not as ~hilarious~ as assuming it has something to do with the fact that David's ~sooooo gay teehee~, but it seems like a slightly more plausible explanation.

@singsingsing thank you!

I agree with other posters that they will probably do a P and D theme. It's kinda cute. 

8 hours ago, Casserole said:

I've personally met 3 little girls with that name and none of them were named after a David. All three pronounce it "d-AH-vi-AH" as well, if that makes a difference. Not sure how the Waller's pronounce it. 

Now, that sounds a bit like "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" there----Iron Butterfly, anyone?

6 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Not sure how the Waller's pronounce it. 

I think it's Da-VEE-ah.

1 minute ago, nickelodeon said:

Better get my pink polo ready for the gender reveal partay!!!

In Prissy voice: "Yeeeeeeeessssss!"

I'M STILL NOT CONVINCED THESE TWO AREN'T BROTHER AND SISTER (yeah, I know they aren't but goddamn they look more alike than Priscilla and her ACTUAL Keller brothers WTF genetics.  I've read people are most attracted to other people who resemble themselves but THEY COULD BE TWINS!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8WZ8Wi85gM#t=25

Also if you go on their blog and watch the house progress video it looks like they did close up the Hobbit doorway.  Sadface :(

2 hours ago, Ursula said:

I'M STILL NOT CONVINCED THESE TWO AREN'T BROTHER AND SISTER (yeah, I know they aren't but goddamn they look more alike than Priscilla and her ACTUAL Keller brothers WTF genetics.  I've read people are most attracted to other people who resemble themselves but THEY COULD BE TWINS!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8WZ8Wi85gM#t=25

Also if you go on their blog and watch the house progress video it looks like they did close up the Hobbit doorway.  Sadface :(

I just watched that video and I just feel so uncomfortable. Everything about their videos always seems so superficial and forced, more so than most fundie families' posts and videos. Priscilla seemed to really struggle with articulating just what she was 'thankful' for in her marriage, and kept repeating the term 'meeting the needs of my husband'. 

We've always known their belief system is harmful, particularly for women, but I just really hope Priscilla is truly happy about baby number 3.

I'm also sad that it looks like David is still just going through the motions - he said all the right things but his expressions seemed so 'If I look happy people will believe I am'. It's just all very strange and forced, and I was hoping that they'd both relax a little and find some comfort with one another once they settled into marriage. They're obviously way too entrenched in ATI to become individuals or to acknowledge their own wants/needs/hopes/dreams.

6 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

According to their blog David and Prissy had sweet fellowship and she's expecting blessing #3. 

It was about time really. I'll take a guess that they'll have a boy and will name him Priscillo (someone above mentioned the name).

Priscilla's speech always reminds me of someone who just got braces and isn't use to them yet, It makes me think that she may have injured her jaw at some point and not had it heal correctly. I have no good evidence to support this theory at all though. 

As for the couple's happiness I think it has a lot to do with the whole keeping sweet thing. When you are forced to always smile it becomes a lot harder to smile during even the happiest of moments and after a while everything seems forced. 

Did anyone else see the video posted at the same time as the announcement, Paul recites John 3:16 before bed, Unsure if this is some kind of Gothard thing or just something they choose to teach sense Easter or what ever they call it is around the corner. I want my damndest to find it cute but I just can't. 

The 'announcement' video wasn't too bad this time around...relatively speaking.  David actually pulled Priscilla close at the beginning and it appeared to be genuine.  

I think Priscilla feels like she has to say something- and when she starts she hasn't pulled the thought together so it comes out in one huge run.  I really wish she could be part of an actual public speaking group.  

That video was painful to watch.  David actually seemed like a loving husband. That was the most genuine way I think I've seen them interact with each other.  The Christian word salad that comes out of her mouth is so hard to follow sometimes.  

Priscilla can't help the way she speaks, but I wish David would realize that she's just not cut out to do all these videos - I mean, hey, most people aren't. And somehow I doubt Priscilla is the one who wants to do the videos.

Allow me to point in the direction of a rabbit here:  the man that Suze Keller is currently living with--is he her boyfriend, fiance, or husband?  He has a daughter and on SK's Instagram, she likes to post pictures of all four of them as family.  Just curious.

Wait-- are you telling me that they had successful sweet fellowship before the Hellmouth was closed up?  Is she expecting around Halloween?

I've seen Rosemary's Baby. I'm concerned.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived