IGNORED

Pecan and Priss moving to Texas

WonderingInWA

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finally made it to their site.  Good lord.  Their personal stories.  So many words.  And yet... So little substance.  So. Very. Poorly. Written and not a compound thought (forget a complex one) anywhere. 

These people will teach their children at home?  Those poor, sweet babies. 

18 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I want to do this to a Tinder date. It would be horrible and weird but I'm really tempted to.

Please, YES, do this (and film it)...

Or should I say, YESSSS

22 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

I think they might go with Isaac for a boy, after David's late brother. Or, maybe more to their taste would be giving a girl the namesake. But how do you feminize Isaac? Izzy? (Heh)

How do you feminize Isaac? Well, David was sure feminized. And I don't mean his daughter being named after him. 

I take that back, I know no females that act like David. 

Sorry, I'm in a tacky mood I guess. 

Adam and Valerie Waller also moved to Texas, and there's another Waller coming, as Valerie is due in June. Thanks @BullyJBG in the baby thread.

http://muellermice.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/update-on-mueller-family.html

Robert and Kendalyn have been quiet lately, no confirmation of a move from them. I think Robert and Adam both work in computers, does that mean R & K moved too?

I just hope to God, that these people will not somehow become parents to a little intelligent, intellectual child.
The patriarchal lifestyle can be chrushing enough to a more average person, but imagine having to live that life with a bright, inquisitive mind :my_sad:

A girl I knew in high school was the child of parents with extremely low IQ (think Forrest Gump), and she had 4 siblings who were alle very intellectually limited. She however was very, very bright, not just compared to her family, but a true intellectual from the time she was a little girl. She was interested in philosophy, science and literature. She loved her family dearly, but developed a whole host of pschycological issues.
I can't help but thinking how many of the blessings, have to go through something like that. 

5 hours ago, Kak said:

Adam and Valerie Waller also moved to Texas, and there's another Waller coming, as Valerie is due in June. Thanks @BullyJBG in the baby thread.

Robert and Kendalyn have been quiet lately, no confirmation of a move from them. I think Robert and Adam both work in computers, does that mean R & K moved too?

Funny, this thread about PT and Priss got me wondering about about Adam and Valerie.

So they moved to TX also, thought that Adam worked for IBLP too but these two tend to be a bit quiet about their lives.   At least compared to PT.

4 hours ago, Iokaste said:

I just hope to God, that these people will not somehow become parents to a little intelligent, intellectual child.
The patriarchal lifestyle can be chrushing enough to a more average person, but imagine having to live that life with a bright, inquisitive mind :my_sad:

A girl I knew in high school was the child of parents with extremely low IQ (think Forrest Gump), and she had 4 siblings who were alle very intellectually limited. She however was very, very bright, not just compared to her family, but a true intellectual from the time she was a little girl. She was interested in philosophy, science and literature. She loved her family dearly, but developed a whole host of pschycological issues.
I can't help but thinking how many of the blessings, have to go through something like that. 

I wonder if Roald Dahl is on the fundie approved reading list. Matilda would be good for a kid like that.

4 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

I wonder if Roald Dahl is on the fundie approved reading list. Matilda would be good for a kid like that.

IMO he would not be, because he encourages children questioning authority figures. Danger! Disobedience!

3 minutes ago, adidas said:

IMO he would not be, because he encourages children questioning authority figures. Danger! Disobedience!

And I'm sure some fundie parents could construe what Matilda does as magic and evil. Plus The Witches, even though they're shown to be the bad guys in that story.

Generally I think the only people ON the approved list are like-minded, Christian authors.  OTHER authors might put in subtle influences that lead children to Satan, perhaps so subtly that the parents do not catch it until their child moves out of their home unmarried to major in Women's Studies at an accredited liberal arts college, dye their hair green, and practice Wicca.  

Some families occasionally extend the list to include older works from when Family Values still existed, but Eliza Bennet does not always keep sweet and Lydia is too shameful to speak of!  

On 2/23/2016 at 11:31 AM, dairyfreelife said:

My guess for names:

Peter, Patrick, Philip, Preston, Perry, Parker, Pierce, Percy, Percival, Phineas, Palmer, Prescott, Piers, Philemon, Pio, Princeton or Prince

Danya, Daya, Darcy, Dacia, Dakota, Dahlia, Daisy, Dalia, Damaris, Damara, Danielle, Danica, Darla, Daphne, Daria, Darlene, Diane/Diana, Deanne/Deanna, Dawn, Deborah/Debra/Debora, Delaney, Destiny, Deidre/Deidra, Denise, Demetria, Deona, Desiree, Desdemona, Desiree, Devon/Devona, Dinah, Dolly, Dolores, Dominica, Donna, Dominique, Dorcey, Dorcas, Dora, Dorothy/Dorothea, Dori, Drew, Drusilla

I do think they seem like a nice couple and good parents. II do, however, worry for their future and the fact that I don't see either ever living the fundie lifestyle. ATI is likely going to implode before long and I am not sure what David will do afterwards. In Chicago, they would have had some opportunity to find other jobs, but in that Texas location, not so much. They don't seem like terrible people, just sort of naive and ignorant, which is the fault of their parents, not them. I hope the best for Paul and Davia and the new child too. 

PLEASE JESUS LET IT BE DANICA.

On 2/23/2016 at 0:00 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

I want to do this to a Tinder date. It would be horrible and weird but I'm really tempted to.

He'd probably buy you a ring.  

49 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Danica!

Pffffttttt.....Ha! Ha!  I'm glad I'd already swallowed my gulp of iced tea!

12 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Generally I think the only people ON the approved list are like-minded, Christian authors.  OTHER authors might put in subtle influences that lead children to Satan, perhaps so subtly that the parents do not catch it until their child moves out of their home unmarried to major in Women's Studies at an accredited liberal arts college, dye their hair green, and practice Wicca.  

Some families occasionally extend the list to include older works from when Family Values still existed, but Eliza Bennet does not always keep sweet and Lydia is too shameful to speak of!  

Funny thing is, that quite a lot of the books that are approved and held up as aspirational to the young maidens in these families, were actualyl quite "feminist" for their time. "Little Women" is about women's suffrage and figuring out who you are and running with it, even if it is outside the norm, "Little House" shows that women, even when tied down by corsets and crinolines, have always struggled for independence and individuality (even if Laura is presented as opposed to women's suffrage) and as you say Jane Austen really doesn't support a patriarchal worldview. 
Then I guess comparative literature and analytical reading isn't really taught in SOTDRT, huh?

6 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

No girl Waller would ever be named any form of Daniel thanks to the fallen Keller brother..... 

They also won't be name after any of the other fallen Keller children. 

On 2/25/2016 at 2:39 AM, Kak said:

Yeah--I keep on waiting for move announcements from various Staddons, and from Brandon & Michaela, since the January article in the Longview TX newspaper said all the moves would be completed in "4-5 months"

On 2/24/2016 at 1:50 PM, Odd1Out said:

How do you feminize Isaac? Well, David was sure feminized. And I don't mean his daughter being named after him. 

I take that back, I know no females that act like David. 

Sorry, I'm in a tacky mood I guess. 

Closest I can think of is Isla. Isabella/Isabele? Not many options besides Izzy.

I agree with a couple others...I can totally see Delilah or Danica  (though the later would probably too close to Korrupt Keller. Oh, and I think it's a girl. 

6 hours ago, umbrellaella said:

Closest I can think of is Isla. Isabella/Isabele? Not many options besides Izzy.

I agree with a couple others...I can totally see Delilah or Danica  (though the later would probably too close to Korrupt Keller. Oh, and I think it's a girl. 

Pretty sure Danica was a joke... the whole Josh debacle.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived