IGNORED

Pecan and Priss moving to Texas

WonderingInWA

• Bridge vids:  I wonder if anyone has ever re-measured that to make sure the sign is correct.  It looks like there is a horizontal yellow thing hanging there that is a little bit lower than the bridge but not actually part of the bridge.  And if this is such a problem, maybe the township needs a bigger sign or more signs that the yellow diamond one.  We have an underpass at the end of our street.  There are 3 signs:  one at the top of the street, one in the middle and then just before  But occasionally a vehicle gets stuck.  The last being a dog wash van that got wedged in there pretty good. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:
  • Bridge vids:  I wonder if anyone has ever re-measured that to make sure the sign is correct.  It looks like there is a horizontal yellow thing hanging there that is a little bit lower than the bridge but not actually part of the bridge.  And if this is such a problem, maybe the township needs a bigger sign or more signs that the yellow diamond one.  We have an underpass at the end of our street.  There are 3 signs:  one at the top of the street, one in the middle and then just before  But occasionally a vehicle gets stuck.  The last being a dog wash van that got wedged in there pretty good. 

This bridge has received national attention multiple times, plus the bridge itself supports a high-traffic stretch of train track, so yes, it's been inspected thoroughly. The height is correct. There are numerous signs on the bridge itself, as well as the road approaching it in both directions. These include flashing lights, and an LED sign that spells out the dangers of speeding due to the low clearance. Plus, the speed limit through there is about 20 mph. Most of the people you see in these videos are going at least twice that. I'm originally from NC and have family in this area. The signs aren't subtle. The yellow thing hanging down is a steel crash bar that was installed several years ago to help deflect some of the potential structural damage that the crashes are causing to the bridge. The bar has already been replaced a couple of times due to the frequent direct hits that it takes. 

The road (and underpass) are often used as a "cut through" by truck drivers who aren't from the area. They see the signs, but just don't pay attention. Since the trestle is owned by a local railway, they would have to interrupt a lot of lucrative service in order to close the trestle so that the bridge could be raised, and there's nowhere for the trains in question to be redirected. Corporate greed aside, there would have to be some manner of keeping those trains running during a lengthy construction project. The road surface can't be lowered due to some structural issues, plus the whole bridge is situated on top of a major section of the city sewer works. 

It's basically the perfect storm of bridge hijinks. If people were dying, things would probably escalate one way or the other. But, so far, no one has been killed or seriously injured.

On 27 December 2015 at 8:09 AM, Curious said:

When I was a kid, my family owned a lumber yard and I've seen a fair few homes being constructed.  I've never seen a house with no basement that isn't built on a slab before.   It looks like the house has a bit of a crawlspace or something.

It really doesn't look to be high enough off the ground for an adult to get under there though, based on the Hellmouth bedroom picture.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that the ground in the hellmouth looks obviously dig out on the one side.

I can't imagine what would cause that kind of damage and why the ground would not be relatively level in te pit.

Most houses in Australia are like this. It is hard to get under the house to do work when the crawl space is tiny. 

We we had no hellmouth as such, but we pulled up some floorboards to reinforce the area under an old fireplace (our house is 115 years old) and after that experience we've promised that we will NEVER buy a house like this again. Give me a slab any day. ;)

On 5 January 2016 at 7:10 AM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

1. So glad Suzette has better glasses. The others were absolutely cringe-worthy no matter how unworldly you want to be.

2.Davia must have finally seen her father for what he is--just look at that expression!!

3. Paul is David's mini me but with fuller cheeks. All manly sporting that truck shirt, too. Better than matching his sister like Mommy & Daddy always do.

4. Once they get in the new house Davey will have to man up and get to work with Priss on #3

The girl looks like the kid in the gif who is startled and disgusted by her friend's blow out.

Warning: don't click if you can't cope with snot.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/MBEDz

How is a dishwasher the only thing left in the kitchen?  That whole house skeeves me out. That's no hobbit hole. Hobbit holes are tidy and well kept. I don't know what that is.

On 12/25/2015 at 9:44 AM, accountingstar said:

Their prior mailing address was 544 BONNIE BRAE RD, HINSDALE, IL 60521-2818

That is a really nice upper middle/upper class area. Quite a step down to the Big Sandy hovel.

23 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

Hobbit holes are tidy and well kept.

Well, mine is, LOLOL

Meh, that house isn't that bad - if you are a contractor who knows what you are doing and can put some $$ into it. 

Pecan Thief very obviously doesn't know what he is doing.  He used a bolt cutter on the electrical meter box, which doesn't belong to him, while preaching about only using bolt cutters on things that do belong to him!:dance:  I wonder whether his Electrical Engineer dad has broken that news to him yet!  Will he admit to crass stupidity when he is accused of fiddling with the meter to "glean" free power?

Honest to goodness, I know I'm really late to the game here, but it is almost as delicious as sanctimonious Davy gleaning many pounds of pecans into a Bible Bee bag and getting caught in the act at gun point.

The whole (sic) in the floor looks as though it was meant to be reinforced for a water bed.  Definitely with a mirrored ceiling above. 

Poor Priscilla.  I hope they don't actually move in to the house until major improvements and repairs are completed and the wiring is inspected by a qualified electrician.  I shudder to think about what the plumbing is like.

Filthy toilet next to the clean-looking bowl scrubber.  Why does this photo fascinate me?  I want to know more about the people who did this to this house.

toilet.jpg

19 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Filthy toilet next to the clean-looking bowl scrubber.  Why does this photo fascinate me?  I want to know more about the people who did this to this house.

That is so vile.  I'm going to snip that pic right out so no one has to see it again.

But who on earth did this to this home?  How did it get in this condition?  What happened here?

6 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

That is so vile.  I'm going to snip that pic right out so no one has to see it again.

But who on earth did this to this home?  

church_lady_could_it_be_satan.jpeg

See, I would LOVE that toilet because I could use those shelves as BOOKCASES. I love me some bathroom reading. 

That toilet is Trainspotting level of disgusting. I'd replace it. 

And I too love toilet reading. The cabinet surrounding the bathroom radiator holds the bathroom literature collection. 

7 hours ago, Cats B4 Quivers said:

That toilet is Trainspotting level of disgusting. I'd replace it. 

And I too love toilet reading. The cabinet surrounding the bathroom radiator holds the bathroom literature collection. 

Another toilet reading lover! I inherited my love of reading on the can -- my parents are currently custom-building their new house, and they specifically asked the architect to include shelving next to the toilets so they can have bathroom libraries.

A while ago I came across a picture, well two pictures of David and Pris with toilet seats around their necks.  It was on another family's blog (they were visiting this family). That pic would go really well here, but alas I cannot find it. does anyone else remember this, or know where to find?

11 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

church_lady_could_it_be_satan.jpeg

This could be used for absolutely anything. I LOVE the Church Lady. :special-snowflake2:

On 1/6/2016 at 8:57 PM, Mrsaztx said:

Is the woman slow? Or just fundie-sweet?

That's the million dollar question. My unpopular opinion is that she's fundie sweet, with a heaping helping of insecurity and insufficient positive feedback from her asshole husband, but lots and lots of members here think she has some sort of deficiency. FWIW, she comes across much better than usual in this video. 

5 minutes ago, halcionne said:

That's the million dollar question. My unpopular opinion is that she's fundie sweet, with a heaping helping of insecurity and insufficient positive feedback from her asshole husband, but lots and lots of members here think she has some sort of deficiency. FWIW, she comes across much better than usual in this video. 

I don't think that she has any actual cognitive deficiencies or delays; I think she's just not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and a minimal education, relative social isolation, and a cultural need to present herself as sweet, meek, and submissive all amplify that. If she grew up/lived in a non-fundie environment, I think she'd just be kinda ditzy, but not nearly as "off" as she always seems.

49 minutes ago, halcionne said:

One thing that never seems to get brought up is that she clearly has a speech impediment, which has nothing whatsoever to do with intelligence. Anna has it very slightly, but Priscilla's is obvious. I think David is cruel by making her constantly do these videos since she's clearly uncomfortable speaking for the camera - but hey, what do I know, maybe she's the one who wants to push herself out of her comfort zone. Anyway, take a woman of average intelligence with an obvious speech impediment, who is shy and awkward but trying really, really hard to present herself as the perfect fundie lady and share her husband's message with the world - and you'd get something a lot like Priscilla.

To me, Priscilla is like the "eleventy" young woman whose name I cannot remember:  not a fair target for snarking.  The Pecan Thief, yes, definitely.

14 hours ago, amandaaries said:

But who on earth did this to this home?  How did it get in this condition?  What happened here?

I would definitely replace that toilet.  Gross.

As I understand it, the house was a foreclosure (or forecloser in Pecan-speak).  Some people decide to rip the house apart and take anything that isn't nailed down, and some things that are, when they are foreclosed on.  Ripping out wiring, pouring cement down the plumbing, and general nastiness like defecating all over the house are not unknown.

Per Pecan, it was then bought by someone who intended to renovate it, but God made that guy too ill to complete the work, so that David and his "young family" could be blessed with buying it cheap.  Don't you just love the way God works in mysterious ways to benefit Fundies? You'd think David could have spared a prayer or good wishes for the sick previous owner.  But no. 

David is fair game for snark because he is insufferably conceited and sanctimonious.  However, I don't like to snark on Priscilla either and agree with the opinions above.  I don't see any delays or deficiencies, just a not very bright, badly educated, sweet and immature young woman doing her level best to be a good submissive Fundie wife.  I do see a lot of anxiety in her face, especially in those stupid videos that she is obviously uncomfortable making.  As with Anna, I don't see her making a break for freedom from the cult anytime soon.  It makes me sad.

19 hours ago, adidas said:

Warning: don't click if you can't cope with snot.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/MBEDz

thank you sincerely for the warning; I can't cope with snot, so I'm not clicking!!  (incidentally, snot is the only thing I can't cope with......)

1 hour ago, catlady said:

thank you sincerely for the warning; I can't cope with snot, so I'm not clicking!!  (incidentally, snot is the only thing I can't cope with......)

I can cope with snot just fine (I've got a sneezy, snotty dachshund) but that was too much.  Gross!

On 12/31/2015 at 11:35 PM, PennySycamore said:

A good high school friend of my brother's told him that he wanted to be a trucker because he'd just get to sit on his butt and drive.  Of course, it takes more than that.

ETA:  I just had a thought of Josh with the "lot lizards", i.e., the prostitutes that hang out at truck stops.  :brainbleach:

The next time you take a road trip, note how many truck stops are next to strip clubs, "massage" parlors and adult video stores.

Long story, but I used to know some skeevy long haul truckers. Joshley would fit right in with that bunch.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived