IGNORED

Pecan and Priss moving to Texas

WonderingInWA

17 hours ago, clueliss said:

Does this mean the hellmouth in the bedroom was closed up?  Dang.

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

oh sure, they think it's closed... but wait till Halloween.

Oh, y'all! Fortunately, I was between sips of Bullet-Proof tea or there could have been a 'situation'. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

No, they'll get a post rehab Josh to help out.  That's where he'll be shipped off to..

On the one hand, hitting stuff with a hammer all day didn't make him less of a creepy sexually predatory selfish dickbag the last time, but on the other, I think that if he, Anna, and the M Kids move out to Big Sandy, it could be an OK arrangement for them as a family unit. At least, it's better than staying in the TTH or going on the show again. Josh is monitored (so either he'll have to shape up or get much, much sneakier, and frankly I don't think he's smart enough to get sneakier), Anna is close to her sister, the kids have their cousins close by, and TFDW and Josh can go on lots of awkward bro-dates. It's still not an ideal situation (which would be Anna kicking Josh's sorry cheating/molesting ass to the curb, taking the kids, giving TLC the finger, and running off to a mid-size city to start anew), but it's probably the best they/we have to work with.

I think Josh will be shipped out there to live and will be absolutely  miserable. Anna will probably like it, but I don't see Josh enjoying the strict, heavily monitored life living on an ATI compound. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I think Josh will be shipped out there to live and will be absolutely  miserable. Anna will probably like it, but I don't see Josh enjoying the strict, heavily monitored life living on an ATI compound. 

As long as he has uncensored internet he should be fine, fapping to online p0rn.

Wouldn't that be the whole point?  For Josh to be miserable?  And to feel guilt for not wanting that life more? 

I agree he'll be miserable, though will he be more or less miserable than he is at RU? 

It honestly would be a great place for them to go:

• It's a new place to make a fresh start without old habits/temptations (besides the internet, but the culture and influences would be different)
  • It's highly supervised, almost like a halfway or sober living house, with PLENTY of accountability partners
  • For Anna and the M Kids, they have support.  Anna is near Pris, and the M kids are near their cousins.
  • They also have a social group outside their family that will still be supportive of their situation.

But has there ever been a time that any of the Duggars, the Bates, the Kellers, the Maxwells, the Botkins, the Rodrigues, or any other fundy family has given happiness of themselves and their children as something to strive for? No, it is all about this amorphous future, the attainment of which, just incidentally, requires the parents to control every single aspect of their children's lives. This is, as far as I am concerned, not a religion, but a cover for people with fairly serious psychiatric issues to maintain control of their entire family, including the adults. Dysfunctional does not even begin to describe it.

If they were true christians, they would allow their offspring to read, absorb and then choose where their beliefs lay.

Sorry for the incoherence, I am so over these idiots destroying so many lives. Christ would even be angry  He NEVER preached coercion as a way of spreading the Word. And that is what these people do to their children - coerce.

I can totally see Josh being shipped down there. It makes complete sense for many reasons but having accountability partners everywhere seems to be the biggest one to me.  And also the relative isolation compared to NWA and DC.  

Yes, he will hate it but at this point all options that are deemed "Duggar family / JB acceptable" for Josh will not be fun.  JB will absolutely want him monitored but may know that he can't monitor him 24/7.   This way JB can "delegate" the monitoring to PT, Pris and other members of the group.  He will not be able to go anywhere without someone knowing.   As far as internet, remember that PT was to be accountable to Pris for his internet use, so guess who might be the "internet police" for Josh?

Do you guys really not have family who would come and help work if you were doing a remodel and they had the skills to be useful? I would hate for my family to spend money hiring professionals to do work that I'm capable of helping with so I would definitely take the time to work when I came to visit or even make a special trip to help. None of my skills include building of any kind, but still.  Beats just sitting around. 

I'd say this is actually one of the more historically Christian things these people do. Christians were meant to live in community and help each other out. It's a pretty clear way to be good stewards of their resources. 

These folks are very snarkable, I just don't find rehabbing houses with the help of friends and family to be that odd.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Oh, y'all! Fortunately, I was between sips of Bullet-Proof tea or there could have been a 'situation'. 

Sidetrack....

how does one make bulletproof tea? Same as bulletproof coffee?

I'm pretty convinced that's true. They're gonna ship them to Texas so Anna can have support and TFDW can teach Smuggy what it really means to be a good husband. 

1 hour ago, Grace said:

Do you guys really not have family who would come and help work if you were doing a remodel and they had the skills to be useful? I would hate for my family to spend money hiring professionals to do work that I'm capable of helping with so I would definitely take the time to work when I came to visit or even make a special trip to help. None of my skills include building of any kind, but still.  Beats just sitting around. 

I'd say this is actually one of the more historically Christian things these people do. Christians were meant to live in community and help each other out. It's a pretty clear way to be good stewards of their resources. 

These folks are very snarkable, I just don't find rehabbing houses with the help of friends and family to be that odd.

I understand what you are saying, and I do think that helping is great, as long as it's truly voluntarily.

But with fundies, it's rarely volutarily, but people get coerced into working for others.

Especially children or kidults still living with their parents don't have any choice, they are just free labourers who get exploited withouth any real consent, since they are expected to have a "servants heart" be it raising their siblings (usually girls) or having to work for others.

Of course, it's something completely different if someone is in dire straits, which Pecan isn't at all, he's just to stingy to pay for his shit himself.

And also, those fundies are usually very skilled grifters, and very good at dragooning/guilt tripping others to give them things for free, be it work or things or money. Just look at the Duggars, I don't think this is decent, or good Christian behaviour. It's actually one of my pet peeves that those fundies think it's ok to pressure or trick people (who probably don't have much money or time themselves) into providing for their otherwise unsustainable lifestyle, and then of course go around bragging how money-savvy they are and how wonderful they manage to live with one SOTDRT educated income and eleventy kids.

I just don't like this typical fundie mentality of "I want something, and y'all have to pay/work for it".

57 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Sidetrack....

how does one make bulletproof tea? Same as bulletproof coffee?

Yup, a dab of grass-fed butter, a little mct oil, then blend.  I'm not a coffee drinker.  And yes, I use small amounts of both, otherwise it's just too much. 

35 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I'm pretty convinced that's true. They're gonna ship them to Texas so Anna can have support and TFDW can teach Smuggy what it really means to be a good husband. 

Plus, a Texas summer will give anyone a foretaste of  what it means to roast in hell, so teachable moments will abound, beginning in May or early June.  The humidity will give it a sauna-like vibe, so he can sweat out those nasty sin thoughts. 

Going waaaaay out on a limb while driving the ISB:  Maybe Joshie has stayed at RU for so long because he's not coming back.  Guess we'll know soon.

17 hours ago, Grace said:

I'm with you here. I've renovated four of my own homes and have helped a lot of friends and family with projects and emergencies around their homes. I gladly offer to help, none of my friends/family has even had to ask. If I have the skills, tools and time, it just seems like it's the right thing to do. That said, sometimes it frustrates me that this level of assistance is seldom reciprocated (like when I'm trying to wire and hang a 14kg range hood solo - aaarg), but logically, I know that my renovation challenged friends just assume I've got my ish together and don't need their unskilled labour, and they are mostly right ;). Also, in my experience, people reciprocate in other ways, or pay it forward into the community as a whole, so it all works out. 

Also, it was really nice to see that the Pecan thief is so good about trying to credit the people who assisted for their work. I didn't expect that from him...

I think sharing work is pretty normal for them.  These folks also travel around the country together, for weeks or months at a time. They seem pretty communal.

I'm liking them more, though some of it is in comparison to folks like Josh and the Bates parents.  While I've always found the marriage a bit...odd, the two of them seem to really care for each other (I'm not picking up the frustration that I was years ago), appear scandal-free, and have managed to have only two children in about four years.

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

have managed to have only two children in about four years.

I know people think it is him but what if it is her trying to space them apart because of the poverty she grew up? I have no idea if Pecan grew up poor, if he also grew up poor that might be more their motivation for spacing than anything.

It's interesting that at the time the Duggars were struggling to complete the TTH they only had the one friend and TLC help.  Were they not as popular in the ATI circles at that time?

2 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I know people think it is him but what if it is her trying to space them apart because of the poverty she grew up? I have no idea if Pecan grew up poor, if he also grew up poor that might be more their motivation for spacing than anything.

I think it's him.  Anna had "baby fever", and with Josh no less.  I also don't think it would occur to Priss to say no.

IIRC, the Wallers were missionaries.  Don't think they were well off, or deprived of essentials.

I don't think either Pris or David were raised in poverty.  I think they had enough to eat, clean clothes, and beds to sleep in, at the very least.

Didn't the Keller raise all those kids in a trailer? I can't imagine there being enough beds for each kid to have their own. I could be totally wrong though.

Didn't Anna and Priscilla have bunk beds?

ETA:  If all or most of the kids had bunk beds, you house a lot more kids in a mobile home.  The Kellers didn't have an enormous family either. How many kids were there? 8?

That's true. It also depends on what people mean by trailer. There's the single-wide somewhat mobile kind that really doesn't have space for more than 2 bedrooms. Often though, people call double wide affixed manufactured homes trailors, and they can have several bedrooms. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived