IGNORED

Pecan and Priss moving to Texas

WonderingInWA

Utah has a vodka distillery in Ogden. The name of the vodka is Five Wives. It can be found in Utah liquor stores. It tastes good for take price point. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

@Black AlissYes!  Now I remember seeing that ad too!

Didn't know about St. Provo Girl...just googled it and oh my heck, that's hilarious spoof on St. Pauli Girl.

Speaking of Utah breweries, we frequented the one in Moab which featured an ale called Dead Horse Ale, their slogan was "you can't beat a dead horse".  I have a hat with that slogan from that brewery.

http://www.themoabbrewery.com/brews.html

Dead Horse Ale is pretty dang good stuff and they have had some great gear over the years.  The one you mentioned is great advertising.  Another favorite of mine is the thongs that say "I feel a draft" over the logo.  Ah, good stuff, good stuff.

3 minutes ago, Whoosh said:

Dead Horse Ale is pretty dang good stuff and they have had some great gear over the years.  The one you mentioned is great advertising.  Another favorite of mine is the thongs that say "I feel a draft" over the logo.  Ah, good stuff, good stuff.

It is good advertising.   I have worn that hat around locally (IL) and every time I do folks ask about where the place is.

Another one is the hat showing the brewery's GPS coordinates.

25 minutes ago, Whoosh said:

Just a note that Dead Horse Point State Park is not far from Moab, in a sort of, "I can see my house from up here" way.  Worth the drive up there for the incredible views.  Dead Horse Ale could get you in the mood, but not recommended if driving that twisty road to the eponymous Dead Horse Point. Check it out, yes, it IS that amazing: 

http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/dead-horse/

12 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I think Josh will be home for a year because JB & Michelle will want to take control in making sure their marriage is being repaired. After one year is up, I think Josh and Anna will head to Big Sandy. JB & Michelle know that some of their kids are very angry at Josh and so, they are just going to keep him around long enough to make sure that Anna doesn't run away anywhere but after that, I believe they will send him off to Big Sandy for sure.

You are probably right, but having Josh around the family is probably not the best thing all around.  As you note, many of the siblings interviewed are clearly pissed off at him and his prior victims still living in the house or the area may be even more upset now.  They forgave him years ago because they had to, but this new behavior may bring up a lot of bad memories.  If I were Michelle in particular, I'd probably want him at least an hour a way from the homestead and would encourage scheduled visits only.

Anna isn't going to leave.  My gut sense from her TLC interviews is that she's afraid HE will leave her.  In her mind, his actions are all about her.  She didn't keep him happy at home, she wasn't attractive, desirable enough, he prefers the company of worldly women.  And I'm sure her in-laws (and sadly, possibly her parents) are reinforcing these feelings, even if it's in a subtle way. 

It's conundrum for the Duggars for sure. 

If Josh tries to live at the Duggar compound people are constantly going to try to get photos. If they ship him off to the Alert base to work in IBLP that most likely won't happen, so I can see Jim Bob realizing it wouldn't be wise to keep Josh around. He is a liability. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Just a note that Dead Horse Point State Park is not far from Moab, in a sort of, "I can see my house from up here" way.  Worth the drive up there for the incredible views.  Dead Horse Ale could get you in the mood, but not recommended if driving that twisty road to the eponymous Dead Horse Point. Check it out, yes, it IS that amazing: 

http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/dead-horse/

Dead Horse Point is indeed amazing and worth the drive.  We partook of the namesake ale after we made the drive. 

7 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Utah has a vodka distillery in Ogden. The name of the vodka is Five Wives. It can be found in Utah liquor stores. It tastes good for take price point. 

Wow. When I lived in Utah it was a  25 minute drive just to get a decent espresso!

Mike and Suzette Keller visited the Pecans, and all we get is this ig post. Paul is starting to look like Mike, imo.

8 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Mike and Suzette Keller visited the Pecans, and all we get is this ig post. Paul is starting to look like Mike, imo.

1. So glad Suzette has better glasses. The others were absolutely cringe-worthy no matter how unworldly you want to be.

2.Davia must have finally seen her father for what he is--just look at that expression!!

3. Paul is David's mini me but with fuller cheeks. All manly sporting that truck shirt, too. Better than matching his sister like Mommy & Daddy always do.

4. Once they get in the new house Davey will have to man up and get to work with Priss on #3

Why can't they just be nice grandparents/loving grandparents?  Why does everything have to be godly with these two?

On 12/31/2015 at 3:08 PM, PennySycamore said:

There's a bridge in Durham, NC that trucks crash into all the time despite it's 11'8" clearance being clearly noted.  There is a website with videos of these crashes:

http://11foot8.com

This is my new favourite website.  I cannot stop watching those videos.

19 minutes ago, Boogalou said:

Felt compelled to check it out and I love the blurb at the bottom: "The train trestle prominently featured in all videos here has earned a reputation for its unrelenting enforcement of the laws of physics." :pb_lol:  So many are rental trucks, I feel terrible for the renters that probably had to pay through the nose for doing that.

On 12/25/2015 at 1:06 PM, church_of_dog said:

More mystery/oddity -- when you look at that address on Google Maps, it shows a business called "The Hen House Quilts and Crafts" located there.  So, okay, the previous resident ran a business there perhaps.  That doesn't explain the extreme disrepair but whatever, things happen and people live all sorts of ways.  But in the listing that says quilt/crafts business, it also says store as well as "night club".  :shock:     

I know I'm the odd ball of the group but a quilting night club sounds like my kinda place.  A little music, a little booze, and a whole bunch of fabric.  I'd be in heaven. 

1 minute ago, grandmadugger said:

I know I'm the odd ball of the group but a quilting night club sounds like my kinda place.  A little music, a little booze, and a whole bunch of fabric.  I'd be in heaven. 

Grandma, I'll party with ya!

35 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Pitch it on Shark Tank/Dragon's Den :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Pitch it on Shark Tank/Dragon's Den :pb_lol:

LOL I can't imagine what the sharks would be thinking.

5 hours ago, Boogalou said:

Omg, the second crash on the June 22 2015 video had me dying. The most adorable truck crash ever.

On 12/27/2015 at 5:31 AM, Mela99 said:

Isn't that a fairly small house for all the children they'll probably have?

Ah come on now, Zsu has already confirmed you don't need a big house (even with 1,000,000 kids) because it's about living smarter, not bigger... or some crap like that, I don't know.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived