IGNORED

Pecan and Priss moving to Texas

WonderingInWA

My guess for names:

Peter, Patrick, Philip, Preston, Perry, Parker, Pierce, Percy, Percival, Phineas, Palmer, Prescott, Piers, Philemon, Pio, Princeton or Prince

Danya, Daya, Darcy, Dacia, Dakota, Dahlia, Daisy, Dalia, Damaris, Damara, Danielle, Danica, Darla, Daphne, Daria, Darlene, Diane/Diana, Deanne/Deanna, Dawn, Deborah/Debra/Debora, Delaney, Destiny, Deidre/Deidra, Denise, Demetria, Deona, Desiree, Desdemona, Desiree, Devon/Devona, Dinah, Dolly, Dolores, Dominica, Donna, Dominique, Dorcey, Dorcas, Dora, Dorothy/Dorothea, Dori, Drew, Drusilla

I do think they seem like a nice couple and good parents. II do, however, worry for their future and the fact that I don't see either ever living the fundie lifestyle. ATI is likely going to implode before long and I am not sure what David will do afterwards. In Chicago, they would have had some opportunity to find other jobs, but in that Texas location, not so much. They don't seem like terrible people, just sort of naive and ignorant, which is the fault of their parents, not them. I hope the best for Paul and Davia and the new child too. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I wonder what it would be like to try to live like Priscilla for a day. Whenever my fiance said anything I would stare at him adoringly. When he finished I'd say YESSSSS!!! or thank you for that testimony of God's love for us and smile so big. Sounds fun. :my_biggrin:

I want to do this to a Tinder date. It would be horrible and weird but I'm really tempted to.

16 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I hear ya.  That video from way back when, where she said that colorful autumn leaves are storing energy for spring, really got me.

Did she get that out of a Wisdom booklet?

Even non-fundies can pick up the oddest non-facts. I remember someone I know who's brilliant in many areas, who floored me by telling his kids a non-fact about the moon in complete seriousness. I don't know where he learned it, and like I said, the guy is brilliant in his very technical field of expertise.

(His parents were not educated people, so maybe it's something his mother or father casually tossed off one day when he asked a 3yo's question...)

30 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I want to do this to a Tinder date. It would be horrible and weird but I'm really tempted to.

Do this after they fill out the 2 page courtship quiz!

22 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Wait-- are you telling me that they had successful sweet fellowship before the Hellmouth was closed up?  Is she expecting around Halloween?

I've seen Rosemary's Baby. I'm concerned.

HAHAHAHAHA :56247958035f1_32(18):

1 hour ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

Holy shit, what? Its like she's five :D

But then I realise that one day, in a few years time, she will be homeschooling. Surely David wouldn't allow that to happen, he lives with her full time....but fundies don't care whether their kids are literate as long as they can memorize Bible verses.

This is sadly true. 

I definitely hope they name it Dinah if it's a girl, but I can also see Dorothea or Dawn for a girl. Peter is the only bible/christian name I can think of for P. 

2 minutes ago, tumblr said:

I definitely hope they name it Dinah if it's a girl, but I can also see Dorothea or Dawn for a girl. Peter is the only bible/christian name I can think of for P. 

Pilate...

5 minutes ago, tumblr said:

Phillip and Phineas are biblical names

I guess Danielle for a girl and Peter for a boy

I think they might go with Isaac for a boy, after David's late brother. Or, maybe more to their taste would be giving a girl the namesake. But how do you feminize Isaac? Izzy? (Heh)

Why did TFDW choose a picture of barbed wire to make his announcement?  Is this an unconcious reference to his prison - both big sandy and his marriage?

babypecan.thumb.jpg.9975fcda967e2885f61f

If they're sticking with the letter theme they have, I'll go with Peter (biblical) for a boy and Danielle (feminine form of a biblical name) for a girl.

2 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

Twin boys Phineas and Pherb. :P

And Pherry if it's triplets! :D 

My guesses, because I like names:

Philip or Peter [because I don't see them getting kre8v with the boy name]

Danielle/Daniella or Dara

3 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

I think they might go with Isaac for a boy, after David's late brother. Or, maybe more to their taste would be giving a girl the namesake. But how do you feminize Isaac? Izzy? (Heh)

If they stick with the letter theme, Isaac will probably be a middle name.  If they don't, very well could be a first name.

(The Waller kids have their parents' middle names).

Peter Isaac or Daisy Sue.

Unlike many of the fundie families we discuss here, I'm not pitying this child prior to birth.  D & P seem to be genuinely loving and considerate parents.  And while I don't agree with a lot of their beliefs, I'd be surprised if these children turned into haters.

I do hope that their homeschooling, aside from purely bible-based learning, will be as part of a larger group of adults and children.

9 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I wonder what it would be like to try to live like Priscilla for a day. Whenever my fiance said anything I would stare at him adoringly. When he finished I'd say YESSSSS!!! or thank you for that testimony of God's love for us and smile so big. Sounds fun. :my_biggrin:

So I had to introduce hubs to these 2 tonight. I had him watch the valentine video. He actually made it through the entire video! I wish I could have video taped his facial expressions. The first time Pris talked his eyebrows went up to his hairline. A couple times he shook his head and at one point he had that look dogs get when they can't figure out what their human is saying. His facial expressions were priceless!

Anyway I had to introduce him so I could share your post with him because it cracked me up so bad! He laughed and said if I did that to him he would be scared as hell. Either I went mental or he was in big big trouble!

In case you wondered what he said when the video finished, he said "are they trying to be the duggars?" And he said his gaydar went off. Then I told him about the leaf comment and she would be homeschool, his eyes rolled out of his head (he teaches HS).

I'm sticking with my prediction of Priscillo for a boy, and I'll say Divine for a girl.

Dear lord I hope for Divine. Such a great stripper name to boot.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived