IGNORED

Jinger's Love Life Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My reaction at the picture: "WTF?!?!?! Wait, there is no way this is jinger, that's some good photoshop skills."

I had a mini heart attack:pb_lol:

On 3/15/2016 at 11:42 AM, QuiverDance said:

Thinking of Duggar daughters coming into contact with vibrators in the wild reminded me of this "Is it Mascara or is it a Vibrator" quiz my boyfriend sent me a few months ago.  

https://aboveaverage.com/quiz-drugstore-mascara-tube-or-vibrator/

10/10! I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed. 

It's not Maybelline, she's definitely born with it. Congrats! Rest assured you'll never accidentally put a mascara tube up yourself.

11 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

tumblr_o47ots95pB1rxqftbo1_540.jpg

So Jinger has a doppelgänger on tumblr.

That's 'Paige', a professional wrestler with the WWE. I never made the connection before, but yeah the similarities are there. Please don't hate me for knowing way too much about wrestling...:my_shy:

That's 'Paige', a professional wrestler with the WWE. I never made the connection before, but yeah the similarities are there. Please don't hate me for knowing way too much about wrestling...:my_shy:

The British one from Total Divas, right? Haha. I can see the resemblance but from the front view it's not quiet so extreme. This picture makes them look like sisters/twins more than any of her other siblings lol.

Wow. Jinger and Jessa are leading some defrauding second lives as wrestlers and cheerleaders. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

On 3/18/2016 at 7:47 PM, actuallyjessica said:

Wow. Jinger and Jessa are leading some defrauding second lives as wrestlers and cheerleaders. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Just think, Josh could be living a secret life as a chaste churchgoer. Snort.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2015 at 9:46 PM, calimojo said:

You are right though that victim blaming is common world wide.  Even women who are raped by invading soldiers are shunned by their own societies. 

I always wonder about the use of the word fundie.  To me the Duggars are different from the fundamentalists that I know.  They have a very weird and thwarted sense of fundamentalism.  I use the term on here because we all know who we are referring to, but honestly, we should probably all start to use the word "Cultist" instead because this actually more accurately descriptive of who these people are and how twisted their beliefs are. 

Over the years I have worked and interacted with fundamentalist Christians and many of them are the kindest and most gentle people.  While they wouldn't condone homosexuality or marriage equality, they also would be kind.  They would love the sinner and hate the sin. Yes, to others that is condescending, but it is a far cry better than what a Gothard cultist would do.    Yes, there are non-gothard fundies who are also crazy and cultish too. 

Interesting take. I don't know a LOT of fundies (I do not come from a place where religious extremeism is particularly common) but I do know several families. I would say that the victim blaming, condescension, and stridentness is maybe less evident, less in your face, but no less there. I wonder if part of it is that the Duggars have been on tv so long that all their toxic beliefs have had a chance to surface. Many of the fundies I know are very kind, gentle people on an individual level and in public. But if you get them alone away from the "sinners" they claim to love and be kind to, it is a very different story. They are perhaps better practiced at speaking in a way that appears kind and nonjudgmental, but my experience has been they are happy to throw the sinner under the bus if they think no one will find out. But if they were given a national platform and told how much everyone loved them and their toxic views, who knows who they would turn into?

I think it is also very individual, because I see a very gentle spirit in someone like Erin Bates and I think that even with her toxic beliefs she may not embrace the fire and brimstone aspects of fundieism (I'm using Erin as an example everyone will be familiar with, though I also know a young woman from a fundie family whose family is rather.... loud about their dislike of liberals/gays/and in particular Jewish people, but she is more gentle and although fundie doesn't embrace that same level of personal dislike).  I do think he overall culture of fundamentalism encourages a toxic kind of otherism and hatred of those who are different. But I think ATI/IBLP doctrinized that hatred in a way that is appealing to hateful people. 

Also, fundie encompasses so many different ideas and aspects and interpretations that of course, I'm sure that kind and gentle fundamentalists exist in droves (and you appear to have lucked out in knowing them!) but so do the hateful ones. For myself, I distinguish between fundamentalists (who just follow a certain Christian doctrine and the word has no moral judgment when I use it) and fundies (who to me are people like the Duggars, and I definitely have a moral judgment when I use it).

On 3/18/2016 at 3:26 AM, Yes, TOTALLY said:

@WhyNotJulie that is scary! I feel like Jinger has been freed and she's in Mexico on holiday with Amy or something!

Yes, but not with Amy. With cool people instead.

On 3/15/2016 at 11:46 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

10/10. Clearly I've been single too long, the vibrators were easy to identify.

9/10 here. I thought the vibrators were easy to identify, too. The lelo one has visible buttons on it. The only one I got wrong was the silver mascara.

On March 18, 2016 at 6:07 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

10/10! I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed. 

I got 7 out of 10.  Similarly unsure if I'm proud or embarrassed.  But in my case, it's more about having no experience with mascara (since the late 70s, at least) than it is about anything else! :my_tongue:

9/10 I'm a mascara collector and have never used a vibrator.

On 3/18/2016 at 9:16 PM, WhyNotJulie said:

tumblr_o47ots95pB1rxqftbo1_540.jpg

So Jinger has a doppelgänger on tumblr.

1) Not orange enough to be Jinger.

2) That bra/bikini top looks way too supportive to be on a Duggar.

On 3/18/2016 at 6:47 PM, actuallyjessica said:

Wow. Jinger and Jessa are leading some defrauding second lives as wrestlers and cheerleaders. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

And then there's Anna the stock photography office worker... lol 

I wouldn't say they are bad. But I wouldn't say they are great either. I also don't think having a nicer camera makes someone a photographer. There's more to it than just snapping photo. I think that she could definitely get better if she were allowed to take some classes.

Yes, she needs some classes, and not just something online. I got bored with her pictures, and stopped looking. That's a good indication that they're not that good.

On 12/17/2015 at 1:48 AM, TuringMachine said:

I have to imagine Jim Bob's trying his very best to get a courtship going for one of his kids. Gotta have something to keep the new show going once they run out of things to say about Josh.

Oh JOY!  Maybe we'll be treated to another minigolf session!:brainbleach:

I don't think they're all that bad. I think they're pretty nice, actually. They're family photos taken by someone who has talent, but has never gotten the chance to study it in depth. When accounting for that, I think they're pretty good.

As far as photographs by untrained fundie children go, Jinger's pictures are much better than the Maxwells and much worse than the Arndts. The Arndts might have had some training though.

If I had a friend take some pictures for me free of charge for fun and they turned out like Jinger's, I'd be content with them. If I'd paid someone to do them, I might not be as happy. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of fancy photo shoots for kids (or adults, for that matter) anyway. They're cute and all, but so are the simple ones of me that my Mom had taken at the local department store when I was a kid. And nothing beats candid pictures of kids just being kids in their ordinary clothes on an ordinary day.

They're boring. She has a good camera, and that's about it. No inspiration or anything new there. 

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

As far as photographs by untrained fundie children go, Jinger's pictures are much better than the Maxwells and much worse than the Arndts. The Arndts might have had some training though.

If I had a friend take some pictures for me free of charge for fun and they turned out like Jinger's, I'd be content with them. If I'd paid someone to do them, I might not be as happy. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of fancy photo shoots for kids (or adults, for that matter) anyway. They're cute and all, but so are the simple ones of me that my Mom had taken at the local department store when I was a kid. And nothing beats candid pictures of kids just being kids in their ordinary clothes on an ordinary day.

I agree with this completely. If the photos were free...then yeah, that would be great. But if there were super expensive? Nah. We haven't had any professional photos like this taken of our family. I think we might when my son is older and (hopefully) better in front of a camera. We have taken him to JCPenney a couple times because it's super cheap and the pictures are usually decent for what they are. I am much more of a candids person. I take thousands of pictures a year. They aren't professional or anything (just taken on my point and shoot camera) but they are capturing moments perfectly.

Archived