IGNORED

Jinger's Love Life Part 2

happy atheist

I went back and watched the separate youtube blurbs that make up Digging In.   Its probably beren discussed here already but I was horrified that JB could not name his children without prompting.  I'll give him a pass on the birthdays.   But, once he got past Joseph and Josiah and onto the Howlers he really counldn't name them.   He was being prompted by Mullet and the kids.  There were some delightfully pained expression (especially Jinger's) as he struggled with names and dates.

What a douche

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, unforgiving said:

I think James has always come across as if he could smell the bullshit his parents were spewing, and so has Jenni. I find this fascinating because they are both "perfect daughter" Jill's younger buddies, and neither of them has ever seemed into it. I wonder if JB and Michelle thought Jill was soooo perfect that they checked in even less with her buddies than with the other sister moms, and therefore James and Jenni's brainwashing has not been as complete?

Joy was the same way, the parents let her be her until she hit puberty. Then she became a sister mom. She resisted the training for a while, but she seems to be taking it now. And, before her, Jinger was the same way. They don't really seem to care where the kids fall before, they'll be fully brainwashed by the time they're old enough to realize they can escape.

8 hours ago, unforgiving said:

I think James has always come across as if he could smell the bullshit his parents were spewing, and so has Jenni. I find this fascinating because they are both "perfect daughter" Jill's younger buddies, and neither of them has ever seemed into it. I wonder if JB and Michelle thought Jill was soooo perfect that they checked in even less with her buddies than with the other sister moms, and therefore James and Jenni's brainwashing has not been as complete?

You mean like below here? (Sorry I couldn't make it bigger, but he is the one in front in red.)

download.jpg

2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

This is my favorite James picture.

download.jpg

Hahaha, I love it! And Jenni didn't even bother to make an appearance :pb_lol:

There's a rumor that Jinger is getting a courtship special on TLC: http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1108209/jinger-duggar-may-get-married-on-her-own-tlc-spinoff?adbsc=social_20160108_57024446&adbid=685249572872929280&adbpl=tw&adbpr=14297868

I found the same rumor on a couple of other sites.....

ETA: I don't think she's courting Lawson Bates. 

1 hour ago, Kira said:

There's a rumor that Jinger is getting a courtship special on TLC: http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1108209/jinger-duggar-may-get-married-on-her-own-tlc-spinoff?adbsc=social_20160108_57024446&adbid=685249572872929280&adbpl=tw&adbpr=14297868

I found the same rumor on a couple of other sites.....

ETA: I don't think she's courting Lawson Bates. 

The original story is from The Inquisitr so I would take it with a grain of salt. When we see a legitimate Instagram account for Jinger then we will know there is a courtship in the works. Isn't that the Duggar  criteria for social media?

57 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

The original story is from The Inquisitr so I would take it with a grain of salt. When we see a legitimate Instagram account for Jinger then we will know there is a courtship in the works. Isn't that the Duggar  criteria for social media?

Yep. Gotta wait for Jessa or Jill to link their sibling in a post on instagram. 

1 hour ago, Gossamer1 said:

I agree with you about the Inquisitir. While it's true that the Duggar children get to use social media when they start courting, that's not how we found out about their courtships/engagements. 

On 1/4/2016 at 9:01 AM, Mothership said:

I went back and watched the separate youtube blurbs that make up Digging In.   Its probably beren discussed here already but I was horrified that JB could not name his children without prompting.  I'll give him a pass on the birthdays.   But, once he got past Joseph and Josiah and onto the Howlers he really counldn't name them.   He was being prompted by Mullet and the kids.  There were some delightfully pained expression (especially Jinger's) as he struggled with names and dates.

What a douche

Or how about one of those earlier specials where Michelle's descriptions of her kids get more and more vague as they go down.  I think Jasons was just something like "he's bigger now."

I went to you tube to look for "digging in" episode but there's like a dozen named that. can someone post a link to the ep. you all are referencing?

I don't have a legal link but you know you're right if they're on the couches. There are a number of videos of that particular episode on YouTube, so just pick one.

Oh no, I feel like Jinger courting will be a turning point in hoping some of them will escape. Jinger was my biggest hope.

I grew up in an oppressive environment, too, not religious though, but cultish and very oppressive towards women and children (e.g. women should not speek at the diner table, women should not read certain magazines, women should not travel alone, women should not attend university because they have lower iqs than men, women should not work as long as they are fertile, only after menopause they should work and bring in money,...). And I kind of understand Jinger in that she probably doesn't even think about escaping because she is just not equipped enough for the outside world. When I broke "half free" I couldn't even cope with the normal world and was in a depressive state for roughly 4 years before I caught up a little bit. Even now I think I'm almost 7-8 years behind in terms of social and emotional development. Jinger seems like a calm , shy person now, so for her it would probably be worse because of her religious background and being famous.

6 hours ago, isarhenne said:

Oh no, I feel like Jinger courting will be a turning point in hoping some of them will escape. Jinger was my biggest hope.

I grew up in an oppressive environment, too, not religious though, but cultish and very oppressive towards women and children (e.g. women should not speek at the diner table, women should not read certain magazines, women should not travel alone, women should not attend university because they have lower iqs than men, women should not work as long as they are fertile, only after menopause they should work and bring in money,...). And I kind of understand Jinger in that she probably doesn't even think about escaping because she is just not equipped enough for the outside world. When I broke "half free" I couldn't even cope with the normal world and was in a depressive state for roughly 4 years before I caught up a little bit. Even now I think I'm almost 7-8 years behind in terms of social and emotional development. Jinger seems like a calm , shy person now, so for her it would probably be worse because of her religious background and being famous.

Honestly, I really doubt any of them will escape before marriage unless you count "not getting married" as escaping (which I don't). Even if they truly hate everything the cult has "planned for them," all they know is the cult and a world full of media hounds. They've already seen what the media will do to their family during a crisis or scandal, and I'm sure the idea of facing that alone is truly terrifying. 

I think that we may see a few of the kids get married and then slowly slip away from the cult. It'll be gradual enough to not draw attention inside or outside the cult. It won't happen with Josh or Anna, though. I think the past year has been more than enough to ensure Josh toes that family line beautifully and spends all of his public encounters talking about how Jesus has saved him. And, as much as I would love for Anna to get out of that relationship, I highly doubt she's going to do anything to leave him or the cult. She has no real world experiences that would help her support her family without Josh, his parents, or her parents, and the thought of living even more in the spotlight as a single mother divorced from the Duggar brand probably scares the shit out of her. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, Lawson posted a picture with the caption "#iwillalways 2/4/2016," which I'm certain is a promotion for another album; but people are absolutely losing their mind because they think it means he proposed to Jinger and that's their wedding date. 

ETA: I tried to do that fancy embedding if Instagram some people are able to do. Clearly it failed. How is that done? Or is it one of those "you have to be on a desktop for it to work" features?

27 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

So, Lawson posted a picture with the caption "#iwillalways 2/4/2016," which I'm certain is a promotion for another album; but people are absolutely losing their mind because they think it means he proposed to Jinger and that's their wedding date. 

ETA: I tried to do that fancy embedding if Instagram some people are able to do. Clearly it failed. How is that done? Or is it one of those "you have to be on a desktop for it to work" features?

I just screen capped because I'm lazy :)

image.png

Some people are saying that this is the date that Michael's wedding airs on UpTV, and "I Will Always" is the name of the song he sang at it.

@GeoBQn You're probably right. I don't imagine it's a courtship, although I'd love to see any Duggar get out of the house. Of course he could be courting a different fundie.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

@GeoBQn You're probably right. I don't imagine it's a courtship, although I'd love to see any Duggar get out of the house. Of course he could be courting a different fundie.

If it was a courtship announcement, I don't think it was with a Duggar girl because that isn't a Duggar door ;p

49 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

If it was a courtship announcement, I don't think it was with a Duggar girl because that isn't a Duggar door ;p

HAHAHAHAHA!  That was literally my first thought! 

I think it's a song and or the wedding episode as well.  Funny thing is, he thinks he's being coy and cute, but the bait and switch wont win him any support.  People are going to be unhappy that he used the interest in is love life for self promotion.  

22 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

HAHAHAHAHA!  That was literally my first thought! 

I think it's a song and or the wedding episode as well.  Funny thing is, he thinks he's being coy and cute, but the bait and switch wont win him any support.  People are going to be unhappy that he used the interest in is love life for self promotion.  

I dunno. Him not courting means the leghumpers still have a chance. 

A big double door seems Church-ie but how many secular artists have we seen in that or similarly romantic poses and we never jump to the conclusion they're getting married.

Sorry if this has already been posted...or if it is in the wrong thread

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/03/jinger-duggar-video-confession-did-not-believe-jesus/

Despite reciting prayers with her siblings, the now 21-year-old says her “heart was not changed” until she felt “totally broken” at 14

“I grew up in a Christian home, of course, but I realized at a young age that I was sinner,” Jinger, donning black eye-makeup and a gold statement necklace, tells her 22-year-old sister Jessa‘s husband Ben Seewald, 19, in a Facebook clip.

“I came to my parents and I was like, I really need Jesus because I know in my own self I’m not going to be able to get to heaven. I’ve done so many bad deeds,” she admits. “I’ve sinned against God. I cannot save myself from my sins.”

“I was totally broken.”

There is a clip attached to the article of Jinger and Ben that I have no idea how to post. Oh yeah and this.....

But there’s still hope: Duggar critics have started a campaign to “free Jinger” from her fundamentalist family

12 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/03/jinger-duggar-video-confession-did-not-believe-jesus/

Despite reciting prayers with her siblings, the now 21-year-old says her “heart was not changed” until she felt “totally broken” at 14

“I grew up in a Christian home, of course, but I realized at a young age that I was sinner,” Jinger, donning black eye-makeup and a gold statement necklace, tells her 22-year-old sister Jessa‘s husband Ben Seewald, 19, in a Facebook clip.

“I came to my parents and I was like, I really need Jesus because I know in my own self I’m not going to be able to get to heaven. I’ve done so many bad deeds,” she admits. “I’ve sinned against God. I cannot save myself from my sins.”

“I was totally broken.”

There is a clip attached to the article of Jinger and Ben that I have no idea how to post. Oh yeah and this.....

But there’s still hope: Duggar critics have started a campaign to “free Jinger” from her fundamentalist family

Wow, that's almost a year old now and it's still heart-breaking.

Personally I stopped believing in Jesus at 10, uncoincidentally the same age I was when I did a semester at a Catholic school. Before that my grandmother took me to church occasionally. So glad I was never baptised.

I don't think this will be a courtship announcement. It'll be something underwhelming like an album announcement or the date they show Michaela's wedding.

5 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

“I was totally broken.”

I doubt there's much hope. Jinger's story is about going to Jesus, not away from him. And, of course she was struggling, her faith/church was blaming her for what Josh did to her at 8. 

That video was before Joshgate 1, I believe. I remember wondering how a young girl could feel so sinful. Well, now we know. Great job of protecting your daughter Duggar parents, then not getting her the help she needed.

Archived