IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds Part 2

happy atheist

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

I think that Justin and Jackson look like Jessa. They both have her bone structure. Jackson alsonhasnthe big eyes where as Justin has her lips. Jill looks like jimbob and john David looks like Michelle's dad. Hannie is looking note like josh as she gets older. Joy and james look alike.  Jannie used to look more like  joy until  the last year.   The ones that I can't figure out  are the twin boys and Jason. I think they look very different from the rest.  I also think that Jinger and  Jenny look totally different from their sibs.  

The girls are all pretty. The boys don't retain their looks into adulthood. 

I was thinking that about Josiah recently. (I'm gonna go to hell for saying this...then again, I'm on this forum so...*shrugs* oh well, right? :P )

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the girls would be prettier if they didn't slather on so much makeup.... But then I tend to think people in general look better without it, or with very little.

3 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

I was thinking that about Josiah recently. (I'm gonna go to hell for saying this...then again, I'm on this forum so...*shrugs* oh well, right? :P )

I think he's the best looking of the older boys.  But those hairline genetics are vicious.

Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster, please lay it upon Bin's heart to purpose to become a Christian rapper.  I need all the laughter I can get in life.  Ramen. :flyingspaghetti:

I agree with this, it would make my 2016.

12 hours ago, DigDugger said:

To me, Jill looks like a female version of Jim Bob.  Jinger looks a lot like Michelle.  Other than that, I don't find any of the other kids to resemble either parent much at all.  Maybe some of the little ones will eventually as they grow older.

I think that Jill got Michelle's longer face, but she got Jim Bob's mouth (the really big teeth and full lips). Josie is a mini-Michelle through and through. I'd say that round face + large/full mouth = Jim Bob, longer face + thinner lips = Michelle.

6 hours ago, DigDugger said:

I think he's the best looking of the older boys.  But those hairline genetics are vicious.

I may have just seen an unflattering picture of him recently then. That happens :)

I've always thought James is the spitting image of Famy.

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I've always thought James is the spitting image of Famy.

He really is. If someone said he was Deanna's son and Amy's brother, no one would ever question it.

On 12/29/2015 at 6:41 AM, DigDugger said:

Honestly I think Joe is looking pretty good. He doesn't look older than his age, he's in good shape, seems happier than JD and Josiah. He does have the hairline but probably all of them will.

Too bad for Jeremiah about that

On 12/29/2015 at 1:05 AM, calimojo said:

I think that Justin and Jackson look like Jessa. They both have her bone structure. Jackson alsonhasnthe big eyes where as Justin has her lips. Jill looks like jimbob and john David looks like Michelle's dad. Hannie is looking note like josh as she gets older. Joy and james look alike.  Jannie used to look more like  joy until  the last year.   The ones that I can't figure out  are the twin boys and Jason. I think they look very different from the rest.  I also think that Jinger and  Jenny look totally different from their sibs.  

The girls are all pretty. The boys don't retain their looks into adulthood. 

You inspired me to go grab some photos.

It is surprisingly hard finding photos of Justin as a baby...

Jessa face 22.jpg

Jessa face teen.jpg

Jessa baby.jpg

justin face.jpg

Justin face kid.jpg

justin face young kid.jpg

jackson face.jpg

jackson face young kid.jpg

jackson face baby.jpg

I'm hopeless at seeing similarities in family faces. I might just figure out identical twins.I'm impressed with people who can.

On 12/22/2015 at 9:58 AM, PennySycamore said:

I think leg and underarm shaving predates Betty's iconic bare legs, but it may have well spurred much more widespread interest in leg and pit shaving. In Nell Kimball: Her Life as an American Madamn, edited by Stephen Longstreet, Nell writes that the owner of the brothel would shave the women's legs and (sometimes) underarms because they didn't want the women to have access to straight razors due to suicide risk.  Nell began her career as a prostitute after the Civil War so she was writing about the 1870s.  

Wikipedia says that underarm shaving began in English-speaking countries such as the US and Canada about 1915 when some fashion magazines showed a woman with shaved underarms.  It didn't become common in Europe until after WWII.  Oddly enough, underarm and leg shaving is part of Islamic culture and was practiced by the ancient Greeks as well.

Does anyone remember the BBC series about a family living like they were in England during WWII, The 1940s House? I recall the women in that show using sandpaper to "shave" their legs.  Sounds painful!

Still can sand (buff) your hair off. I tried it years ago.... not for me.

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/214281/450.jpg

Jessa doesn't look like AT ALL to me, she looks exactly like Michelle's sister Kathie...

106784863_136345877006.jpgphoto_230342_16142335_1_1_20130316.jpg

Jessa-Duggar.jpeg

As for Joe and Jinger... they look like grandpa Ruark

ben83ces_medium.jpg

9dd76a339c454cc4c3b24b95e4e6c563.jpg

Wow, that uncanny. He is the image of Michelle's father. And yes, Jinger, too! I was a little confused by how she didn't look like the other girls.

On 12/26/2015 at 0:40 AM, princessmahina said:

I know it's a blanket statement. It really is just a personal opinion. I have never seen a short (above collarbone length is my frame of reference) hairstyle that I thought was flattering on women. 

Really?? NEVER??! What about some of the women listed earlier in this thread? You really don't think short hair looks flattering on them?

On 12/29/2015 at 8:39 PM, YourGodIsNotMine said:

Thank goodness the pig's boys look like Anna. 

I think Michael looks a lot like photos of young Josh. I can't find the one I am thinking of though. I remember seeing it on an episode. He's quite young and maybe wearing overalls? I don't remember exactly. I just remember thinking how much it looked like Michael.

10 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Jessa doesn't look like AT ALL to me, she looks exactly like Michelle's sister Kathie...

106784863_136345877006.jpgphoto_230342_16142335_1_1_20130316.jpg

Jessa-Duggar.jpeg

As for Joe and Jinger... they look like grandpa Ruark

ben83ces_medium.jpg

9dd76a339c454cc4c3b24b95e4e6c563.jpg

honestly, I think John David looks like Michelle's dad much more that Joseph.  And I think Jana resembles Michelle's sister, especially around the mouth.    I think Jessa resembles her in the cheekbones and large eyes, but the lower half looks like Jana to me.  I wonder who Jenni looks like? 

On 12/26/2015 at 1:40 AM, princessmahina said:

I know it's a blanket statement. It really is just a personal opinion. I have never seen a short (above collarbone length is my frame of reference) hairstyle that I thought was flattering on women. 

I know it's a blanket statement, but I suspect you've never seen a woman of color in person.:pb_rollseyes:

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I know it's a blanket statement, but I suspect you've never seen a woman of color in person.:pb_rollseyes:

Heck, even many of us white girls with natural curls look better and find our hair much easier to manage with short hair.

On December 28, 2015 at 10:48 PM, Bethella said:

The Bateses were the ones with the Nathan Bedford Forrest Shrine. But Jackson Duggar was originally going to be called Judah Benjamin. Judah P. Benjamin was the 3rd Secretary of State in the Confederacy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judah_P._Benjamin)

Wow, the joke would have certainly been on them since Judah Benjamin happened to be .....Jewish!!    

Mimi gave him his Christmas stocking and first Christmas outfit- wonder what the Duggars gave him for Christmas (I consider the house, car and salary for a made up job gifts to his parents)?

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived