IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds Part 2

happy atheist

On 30/12/2015 at 8:29 AM, HermioneSparrow said:

Jessa doesn't look like AT ALL to me, she looks exactly like Michelle's sister Kathie...

106784863_136345877006.jpgphoto_230342_16142335_1_1_20130316.jpg

I think Aunt Kathie looks more like Jinger (although I can see a resemblance to both Jessa and Jana too). I have always thought Jinger and Jana have similarly shaped faces (a lot like Kathie's) and Jill and Jessa have similarly shaped faces (perhaps more like Michelle?). One of the things I find most fascinating about the Duggars and the Bateseseses is the similarities and differences among how their offspring look. It's quite amazing to see all of the different combinations that can come from the same two people. Jill and Jinger for example don't really look like sisters (much like Erin and Carlin) but are sort of linked together by siblings who resemble both of them, like Jessa and Joy (or Tori and Michael for the Bateseses). I have always thought that Joseph, Jedidiah and Jason look really similar, to the point where I tend to forget which is which.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize if this has been addressed, but I saw on the Dec. 27 Special thread that Ben left the room when Jessa started bleeding heavily. Where was that reported?

Freakin' Halle Berry looks outstanding with short hair. That said, the photo of Jessa and the rapper shows her with full on Michelle crazy eyes. She always looked like she had a little spark, even if it was just her being terribly attention hungry, but she looks like and empty-headed clone of her mother there. I hope it's just the "look" she's got going on (bad outfit, bad hair, slightly overwhelmed, unfortunate figure) and that when she's had a little time to recover from calving she'll find herself again because the world does NOT need another Michelle 

On 12/31/2015 at 9:59 PM, calimojo said:

honestly, I think John David looks like Michelle's dad much more that Joseph.  And I think Jana resembles Michelle's sister, especially around the mouth.    I think Jessa resembles her in the cheekbones and large eyes, but the lower half looks like Jana to me.  I wonder who Jenni looks like? 

Jenni looks like a mini Jana. Jim Bob's genes are strong as hell because most of the Duggar kids favor him, especially Jill....

9 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Jenni looks like a mini Jana. Jim Bob's genes are strong as hell because most of the Duggar kids favor him, especially Jill....

Jenni really does look like Jana. Hannie is getting hard to place; she looked a lot like Joy for a while, but now she reminds me of a mix of Jill and Jessa. I can't quite place Jordyn either.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Jenni really does look like Jana. Hannie is getting hard to place; she looked a lot like Joy for a while, but now she reminds me of a mix of Jill and Jessa. I can't quite place Jordyn either.

Hannie looks like Josh.

On 1/1/2016 at 6:54 AM, YourGodIsNotMine said:

I apologize if this has been addressed, but I saw on the Dec. 27 Special thread that Ben left the room when Jessa started bleeding heavily. Where was that reported?

I think it was because I recall a thread where people were saying it sounds shitty but it's ok because really what good will he be if he passes out from the sight of blood and takes medical attention away from Jessa.

2 hours ago, twinmama said:

I think it was because I recall a thread where people were saying it sounds shitty but it's ok because really what good will he be if he passes out from the sight of blood and takes medical attention away from Jessa.

I could see that making sense. I passed out once when getting my blood drawn (a combination of the lightheadedness and the psychological effect of seeing my own blood get collected in tubes :my_confused: ), and I could definitely see a sort of vicarious reaction occuring. At the same time it would be great to be able to provide support as the husband—but maybe he's had previous experiences reacting to blood and may have been wise for him to step out.

Yes, we discussed Ben leaving the room at length back when Spurgeon was born.  Lots of us, myself included, said we understood and wouldn't snark on it.

1 hour ago, Karma said:

Yes, we discussed Ben leaving the room at length back when Spurgeon was born.  Lots of us, myself included, said we understood and wouldn't snark on it.

Don't want to speak for @YourGodIsNotMine, but I took the question to mean, where did the original report that Ben left the room come from?  I'm curious too...was it a media report or something said on social media?

As I recall, it came from Ben himself who said he "had to step out for a moment."

He's barely out of his teens and I have seen a lot of young..and older...men go grey & collapse on the floor in the

face of trauma or blood, or...tetanus shots. Old ER nurse here; seen a lotta shit.

I don't fault Ben at all.  A guy I know almost passed out in health class just discussing childbirth.  He had to be taken out in a wheelchair.  Some people can't handle blood, some people can't handle seeing loved ones in pain.  Everyone has their little things they struggle with.

Before the '70's, men weren't allowed in the birthing suite for this very reason. Until one persistent dad handcuffed himself to his wife. That's what I like; a revolutionary!

In the country my daughter lives in (In So America), men are not routinely allowed in the Del room. My SIL was happy about that!

In the birthing rooms where I used to work,  we always had a chair right next to the bed so if Dad or whoever the support person was felt overwhelmed they could sit down.  They were recliners and so we would just reach down to raise the feet, as that is helpful to a person passing out. 

Most dads do fine.  Many are nervous they will lose it, but they get caught up in the moment and do fine.  But,  when complications arise, it is very scary for them.  No snark to Ben for needing to leave, if that is true.  

In the birthing rooms where I used to work,  we always had a chair right next to the bed so if Dad or whoever the support person was felt overwhelmed they could sit down.  They were recliners and so we would just reach down to raise the feet, as that is helpful to a person passing out. 

Most dads do fine.  Many are nervous they will lose it, but they get caught up in the moment and do fine.  But,  when complications arise, it is very scary for them.  No snark to Ben for needing to leave, if that is true.  

I was born in the early 70's and my dad fainted when I was born. I guess the nurses just stepped over him and kept right on going. [emoji14]

On 1/3/2016 at 2:52 AM, bashfulpixie said:

I don't fault Ben at all.  A guy I know almost passed out in health class just discussing childbirth.  He had to be taken out in a wheelchair.  Some people can't handle blood, some people can't handle seeing loved ones in pain.  Everyone has their little things they struggle with.

I have a friend who is 26 and has never had a blood test due to her fear of needles. (Lucky she has always been in good health!) I know she has had to have injections, because she has been overseas several times; but I know she is terrified of when she needs to have the needle that determines the bloody type of her bubba. She never had her injections at school either, always with her mum at a doctors surgery. 

One of my exes was/is the same. We went to high school together and she would always be crying her eyes out when it came to needle time. Even when we were 17-18 and she was convinced she was an adult.

I can't fault them though, we all have our quirks, dislikes, fears (even if they may seem irrational to others).

On 1/3/2016 at 3:43 AM, ksgranola1 said:

Before the '70's, men weren't allowed in the birthing suite for this very reason. Until one persistent dad handcuffed himself to his wife. That's what I like; a revolutionary!

Yep men were not even allowed when I was born (mid 80's) and if they were it was highly discouraged. 

Dad was drunk off his nut for the birth of my 4 siblings (I am the youngest) but he was there for my birth; so I feel a little special in that regard haha!

On 30.12.2015 at 8:29 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

Jessa doesn't look like AT ALL to me, she looks exactly like Michelle's sister Kathie...

106784863_136345877006.jpgphoto_230342_16142335_1_1_20130316.jpg

I swear I had a teaching instructor who looked exactly like that minus the glasses and with less voluminous hair.

I never got the Michelle/Jessa looking alike thing. Jim Bob said several times "you look just like your momma" to jessa but I never ever saw it.  She looks more like Jim Bob than Michelle to me. 

Yeah, I don't really see much of Michelle in Jessa. I think Jinger resembles Michelle the most out of the J'slaves. 

8 hours ago, Jenirishdancer said:

I never got the Michelle/Jessa looking alike thing. Jim Bob said several times "you look just like your momma" to jessa but I never ever saw it.  She looks more like Jim Bob than Michelle to me. 

I think it may just be a "jender" thing for them. Boys can't look like Michelle because they're not female and daughters can't look like Daddy because they are not male. Otherwise it may lead to confusing thoughts and desires planted by our good friend Satan. I also think she looks way more like Boob than Michelle.

If you look at the picture of Michelle when she was 18, you can see the girls in her face.

18 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

If you look at the picture of Michelle when she was 18, you can see the girls in her face.

I think it may be due to the fact Michelle's facial expressions have changed so much over the years. She has that "wide eyed" drugged out look now even at the most inappropriate times. I think it is from so many years of pushing her true feelings down that her face has frozen at this point. So if she had a more normal look we may be able to see the resemblance. The bug eyes and whisper voice just make my hair stand on end.

True Michelle has changed a lot! Remember one of the beach pics from Jill and Derick's honeymoon?  She looked like Michelle a bit. I remember we all were commenting on it.  Occasionally, I see Michelle in Josie.  

3 minutes ago, Jenirishdancer said:

True Michelle has changed a lot! Remember one of the beach pics from Jill and Derick's honeymoon?  She looked like Michelle a bit. I remember we all were commenting on it.  Occasionally, I see Michelle in Josie.  

Occasionally?  Josie is J'Chelle's mini-me.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived