IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds Part 2

happy atheist

I think her bangs are cute, but would be cuter if she chopped her hair off to shoulder length. Every time I've ever cut bangs I've regretted it about 24 hours later, so I'm jealous of anyone that can pull it off. I've always found maintaining decent looking bangs to require Herculean effort.

But the more pressing matter: Jessa and Ben have been hanging out with a Christian rapper called Flame. I may have to research Christian Rap now, because this is a genre I never knew existed.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

snipped

Does anyone remember the BBC series about a family living like they were in England during WWII, The 1940s House? I recall the women in that show using sandpaper to "shave" their legs.  Sounds painful!

I thought we saw the woman use a loofah mitt or a pumice stone to buff off her leg hair? Still not fun. 

42 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I thought we saw the woman use a loofah mitt or a pumice stone to buff off her leg hair? Still not fun. 

You may be right about the pumice stone. I mainly recalled that whatever method they used looked rather painful.

New people article about Jessa- includes the eyebrow picture posted up thread. People is on a duggar roll today.

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-shares-instagram-spurgeon-seewald-raising-eyebrows

The article:

We already knew Jessa (Duggar) Seewald's labor was incredibly intensebut a new clip shows exactly how painful and exhausting an experience it was for the first-time mom.

In a sneak peek at the final episode of TLC's special Jill & Jessa: Counting On, Jessa is already more than 20 hours into birthing baby Spurgeon Elliott when her younger sister Jana says the 23-year-old has been "quite the trouper."

Jana, 25, adds that Jessa's husband Ben, 20, "has been right beside her, cheering her on the whole time."

Duggar matriarch Michelle, 49, provides narration during home video clips of her daughter's first labor, marking Jessa's progress over what would eventually be a 48-hour process.

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

No stranger to complicated pregnancies and deliveries, Michelle confirms in a separate interview that Ben, 20, "was just solid – he stuck by [Jessa's] side" throughout.

Flash forward two months later: Jessa is long past the pain and now taking pure pleasure from Spurgeon. She happily posted a sweet snap of her little man on Instagram Monday, writing, "Love it when he raises his little eyebrows like this!" next to a smiling emoji with hearts in its eyes.

The Seewalds have proudly shared many photos of baby Spurgeon – who was born Nov. 5 – on social media.

Most recently, the tot was modeling adorable hand-me-downs from his cousin Israel David Dillard, the 8-month-old son of Jessa's sister Jill, 24, and her husband Derick, 26.

VIDEO: What's in a Name? Jessa (Duggar) Seewald and Ben Seewald Name Son Spurgeon Elliot Seewald

5 hours ago, hollywood said:

I like her hair, if only she would cut a few inches just to trim those nasty ends.

I am thinking she could cut 6 inches and her hair would look better! Maybe a good 10 inches and she could donate to locks of love or any of other places that make wigs.

5 hours ago, mrspicolli said:

If you can't see the picture, like I couldn't, go to flame314 IG account:  https://www.instagram.com/flame314/ and it is posted there.

comments on the flame dude's IG about them seem pretty positive. Oh, and there have been Christian rap and RnB groups around for a long time. I always liked Deitrick Haddon. Makes you wannu dance...uh oh...on second thought. We don't listen to this devil music. 

17 hours ago, mrspicolli said:

For some reason, I had a weird feeling when she was still pregnant that her post-baby "look" would include bangs. Granted I imagined hair a bit shorter than that.

For goodness sake, Ben, take your hat off indoors or at least turn it around. My grandson thought that was cool when he was 8. He outgrew it,

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

For goodness sake, Ben, take your hat off indoors or at least turn it around. My grandson thought that was cool when he was 8. He outgrew it,

he can't take off his hat, then he has to show his JB-hair...

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-shares-instagram-spurgeon-seewald-raising-eyebrows

In a sneak peek at the final episode of TLC's special Jill & Jessa: Counting On, Jessa is already more than 20 hours into birthing baby Spurgeon Elliott when her younger sister Jana says the 23-year-old has been "quite the trouper."

Jana, 25, adds that Jessa's husband Ben, 20, "has been right beside her, cheering her on the whole time."

Jeez, do the writers at People Mag glance over their articles before publishing them on the web? (/rant)

But I'm not at all surprised Michelle basically narrated the home videos. How else to naturally move her and JB into talking roles in the show?

I like the bangs. Now, if she'd only cut the rest of her hair...

Yep, still amazed that for as long as these people have been on camera, they still possess zero sense of what looks and sounds good on camera. Really, Michelle? You thought narrating Jessa's labor was a good idea?

48 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I like the bangs. Now, if she'd only cut the rest of her hair...

Yep, still amazed that for as long as these people have been on camera, they still possess zero sense of what looks and sounds good on camera. Really, Michelle? You thought narrating Jessa's labor was a good idea?

Well clearly Ben and jessa don't seem to be able to narrate. She is in pain and he is in fake pain. At one point during their walk they are looking at the camera, before they hold each other.

and what is that room that was in front of the white car.?

but I do like the colour of jessa's labour dress.

Not sure about the bangs. Looks a little messy to me but it could be due to the side pony tail thing she has going on. Is that something they all do after giving birth move to a side pony tail, as that is how Jill wore her hair for quite some time after Izzy was born.

The hats just need to go Ben. You look like a juvenile not a father nor a minister. Nothing close to the "look" I think you are hoping to pull off. Just get rid of them.

Michelle is so emotionally stunted that she sees nothing wrong with narrating the labor tape of her daughter. I would have been nervous and worried and wondering if there were something I could be doing to help out. Anything to help. Not narrating a tape. Ack.

Watching that moment in the preview clip of Bin taking Jessa for a walk in the woods, I imagined him taking her to his secret crop of indica for some medicinal smoke. Perhaps this stoner is projecting a little bit.

Walking around outside at 9 CM dilated...something tells me that the "reality" of this reality TV special is anything but.

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Walking around outside at 9 CM dilated...something tells me that the "reality" of this reality TV special is anything but.

Again serious question

whats wrong with being outside nine cm dialated

i say at least she is wearing shoes lol outside I mean

5 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Watching that moment in the preview clip of Bin taking Jessa for a walk in the woods, I imagined him taking her to his secret crop of indica for some medicinal smoke. Perhaps this stoner is projecting a little bit.

I've always believed Bin was a stoner. His eyes are always droopy and red, the really 'basic' ideas he has. He just reminds me of a stoner-fratboy-Jesusfreak-beer pong-playing jock.

8 minutes ago, NotAnIncubator said:

I've always believed Bin was a stoner. His eyes are always droopy and red, the really 'basic' ideas he has. He just reminds me of a stoner-fratboy-Jesusfreak-beer pong-playing jock.

Assuming he is, do you think JB knows?  :56247957a2c7b_32(17):

8 minutes ago, NotAnIncubator said: I've always believed Bin was a stoner. His eyes are always droopy and red, the really 'basic' ideas he has. He just reminds me of a stoner-fratboy-Jesusfreak-beer pong-playing jock.

Dude there's an episode where JB and DQ visit a head shop in San Francisco. They really didn't have a clue. I doubt Jimbob would know what to look for. Also Bin is JB's bitch, so JB wouldn't have any reason to dig into Bin's shortcomings.

In essence, what better group of people to be not sober around. No one would notice a thing. "My you must have been hungry!" and "oh honey, do you have allergies?"

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

Do enough mental gymnastics and you can get anything by JB. But i see Bin spinning it like this "God created the pot plant. It makes clothing, medicine, fuel, building material plus some people use it to feel closer to god. The government hates God so they made it illegal. I smoke to be closer to god and as a form of sticking It to 'The Man' ". 

I'm not liking the bangs, they make her look childish. I actually think Jessa would look very cute with a pixie cut, but that's obviously out of the question.

UGH new pictures of "Sweet Spurgeon" up on the Seewald website, including one of little Spurge sitting on Ben's lap with his baseball cap on sideways.

I can't even.

On 12/19/2015 at 4:32 PM, artdecades said:

You can insure just about anything if you are willing to pay for it. Pets are no exception.

So true. From what I understand there are some people who have their boobs insured.

I will say that it is refreshing to see Jessa wear a color other than that mustard cardigan.

As for her hair-- I like the bangs.  It's something different.  I'd love to see her chop more of it off (it looks unhealthy).  I think she'd do well to take some hair inspiration from Taylor Swift.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived