IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds Part 2

happy atheist

10 hours ago, NotAnIncubator said:

Considering the girls had to bind their chests for modesty, the idea of an actual bra that fits properly is totally foreign and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they felt trashy or immodest. I've had cousins wear sports bras growing up to be 'modest' but refuse post-marriage and pregnancy to wear a proper bra. 

Oh wow, I didn't realize sports bras for modesty was a thing, my family was on the very very outside fringes of vision forum and my mom still got me properly fitted as soon as I had to start wearing a bra. I remember wearing a sports bra prior to fitting into a regular one for modesty, but that's it. 

Of course I wasn't aloud to have anything with even a smidgen of padding.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My family was  Traditional Southern Baptist and a few official IBLP/Ati'ers. They said it brought more attention wearing bras and they felt 'naked' and were extremely uncomfortable with the ebil bras. Theyre not used to anything showing the curvature or having them separated and supported. I heard more than once they felt like their boobs were on display. 

Those of us that were more blessed in the chest were expected to use ace bandages and sports bras to keep from defrauding the men during family functions and church. I broke away about 4 years back, showed up to Christmas two days ago at my Grandmothers and was actually asked to 'change or leave'. 

Wow, NotAnIncubator, I am so sorry you had to deal with that nonsense again this year.  Wishing you a peaceful and joyous holiday season from afar.

Ugh, ace bandages? I was trying to bind with the. Once, and I almost passed out! Sports bras are at least much safer. Personally, I always think mine are on display, even with my chest binder, which isn't very good because it's too big for me, and so are my worthless lumps of chestflesh.... ER, I mean, breasts.

23 hours ago, Valerie3kids said:

Can he be a rapper when he can not complete a sentence? Or fully be understood by anyone? Why can't these people just get jobs like the rest of us tend to do?

Worked for Iggy Azalea for like 2 years before people realized how much of a crap rapper she was.

I think a lot of people don't realize how much work goes into writing a really good rap song, since the genre gets dismissed so often as "money cash hoes" crap (and to be fair, a lot of stuff on the radio isn't great). I first got into hip hop and rap when I finally sat down and actually listened to the lyrics of a Kanye West song and realized how clever a lot of his lyrics were. I love wordplay and allusion, and a lot of rappers do those things masterfully. I don't think Ben has the education, the life experience, or the cleverness to make interesting allusions, play with language or expressions, or make salient points in a rap verse.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Worked for Iggy Azalea for like 2 years before people realized how much of a crap rapper she was.

I think a lot of people don't realize how much work goes into writing a really good rap song, since the genre gets dismissed so often as "money cash hoes" crap (and to be fair, a lot of stuff on the radio isn't great). I first got into hip hop and rap when I finally sat down and actually listened to the lyrics of a Kanye West song and realized how clever a lot of his lyrics were. I love wordplay and allusion, and a lot of rappers do those things masterfully. I don't think Ben has the education, the life experience, or the cleverness to make interesting allusions, play with language or expressions, or make salient points in a rap verse.

Thank you for the information as I do not listen to rap. It doesn't sound like it would be anything Ben would be successful at unless he is hiding some speaking talents. I don't think his brain works that fast and we have found/heard many times that his mouth doesn't . He has what my family tends to call "mush mouth". Looking down when he talks and not articulating anything he says. He really needs to stick with the lawn mowing as it seems to be the best thing for him.

I wonder what JB's opinion on them hanging with an ebil although religious rapper is? I bet he is about to pop an eyeball out. Ah, to be a fly on the wall.

When you have a newborn you wear what fits you and what works for feeding the baby. I know I looked rather frumpy at that stage, but I couldn't have cared less.  I don't think Jessa needs to cut her hair, it looks fine. 

Christian rap music however, is something I could live without. I can't imagine JB would approve either.

Interestingly enough there are several rappers who are outspokenly Christian who've achieved mainstream recognition recently—Lecrae, Andy Mineo, Tedashii, etc. I'm not a fan of rap or Christian music in general, but I know a producer for some of these guys and they place a heavy emphasis quality and lyricism—more like rappers who are Christian rather than making "Christian rap". Doesn't mean I'm a fan, but I respect their commitment to quality and apparently it's resulted in some measure of mainstream acclaim—Lecrae has performed on Fallon a couple of times, reached #1 on iTunes with his recent releases, etc.

This guy however I've never heard of, and I'm immensely surprised that the Duggars would be hanging out with a rapper, with all the ATI/IBLP-esque rhetoric about how evil African-influenced music is.

ETA: someone who knows Ben needs to tell him the '90s called and wants their backwards cap nonsense back. Hasn't been cool for 20 years and only results in making him look like a douchebro

1 hour ago, Valerie3kids said:

Thank you for the information as I do not listen to rap. It doesn't sound like it would be anything Ben would be successful at unless he is hiding some speaking talents. I don't think his brain works that fast and we have found/heard many times that his mouth doesn't . He has what my family tends to call "mush mouth". Looking down when he talks and not articulating anything he says. He really needs to stick with the lawn mowing as it seems to be the best thing for him.

I wonder what JB's opinion on them hanging with an ebil although religious rapper is? I bet he is about to pop an eyeball out. Ah, to be a fly on the wall.

I feel like JB would tolerate it because they've gotten accused of being racist/possibly racist/associated with racists in the past (their behavior abroad, being buddies with a family that has a shrine to Nathan Bedford Forrest in their house, considering naming a child after the Confederate Secretary of State, who granted was an interesting dude, but you shouldn't name your kid after him). Any further accusations could be dismissed with a "hey look our daughter hangs out with a black person". Plus it makes them look more hip and with the times.

I actually wonder what this religious rapper is like and if he's any good. In the meantime, I'm going to listen to Childish Gambino (aka Troy from Community) because his stuff is great.

55 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I feel like JB would tolerate it because they've gotten accused of being racist/possibly racist/associated with racists in the past (their behavior abroad, being buddies with a family that has a shrine to Nathan Bedford Forrest in their house, considering naming a child after the Confederate Secretary of State, who granted was an interesting dude, but you shouldn't name your kid after him). Any further accusations could be dismissed with a "hey look our daughter hangs out with a black person". Plus it makes them look more hip and with the times.

I thought it was the Bates with the Nathan Bedford Forrest shrine? Or do the Duggars have one too?

On 12/26/2015 at 0:40 AM, princessmahina said:

I know it's a blanket statement. It really is just a personal opinion. I have never seen a short (above collarbone length is my frame of reference) hairstyle that I thought was flattering on women. 

I mean, Marilyn Monroe, who was pretty much the definition of beautiful and stylish, had very short hair! Lady Diana. Not to mention non-white ladies like Lupita Nyong'o and many others! Hard to take seriously a statement so broad.

3 hours ago, Pupalup said:

I thought it was the Bates with the Nathan Bedford Forrest shrine? Or do the Duggars have one too?

The Bateses were the ones with the Nathan Bedford Forrest Shrine. But Jackson Duggar was originally going to be called Judah Benjamin. Judah P. Benjamin was the 3rd Secretary of State in the Confederacy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judah_P._Benjamin)

3 hours ago, Pupalup said:

Let me clarify: the Duggars have gotten some "are they racist or..." speculation/accusations because they are buddy-buddy with the Bateses, who do have a Nathan Bedford Forrest shrine. They also allegedly thought of naming Jackson Judah Benjamin, who was the Secretary of State for the Confederacy. I don't think they're out-and-out KKK "we openly hate non-white people" racist, but I don't think a Duggar-Hartono courtship will happen (and race will likely be the primary reason why it won't), they've acted extremely insensitively when traveling in predominantly non-white countries, and I don't think they're especially enlightened about contemporary race issues in the States. So basically, if they're racist, it's more (at this point willful) ignorance than real malice.

8 hours ago, twinmama said:

I mean, Marilyn Monroe, who was pretty much the definition of beautiful and stylish, had very short hair! Lady Diana. Not to mention non-white ladies like Lupita Nyong'o and many others! Hard to take seriously a statement so broad.

To be fair, Lupita Nyong'o could wear a turd and would still be ridiculously pretty. Her skin is amazing

On 27 December 2015 at 1:54 PM, NotAnIncubator said:

Considering the girls had to bind their chests for modesty, the idea of an actual bra that fits properly is totally foreign and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they felt trashy or immodest. I've had cousins wear sports bras growing up to be 'modest' but refuse post-marriage and pregnancy to wear a proper bra. Even some nursing bras that have too much 'oomf' are no-gos. Considering I'm a 42F pre-pregnancy, for my back's sake, I could care less about being modest. I need SUPPORT. Underwire. Extra straps, whatever I can get.

what?!? I've never heard of the Duggar girls binding... Have i missed something?? this family is even crazier than i thought...

6 hours ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

what?!? I've never heard of the Duggar girls binding... Have i missed something?? this family is even crazier than i thought...

I missed this also. I thought that was something that was left behind in my grandmother's time. That must be horribly uncomfortable.

This might have been mentioned earlier, but I was just on IG and OMG why do all of the grandDuggarboys look exactly like Jim Boob?? It's almost an eerie resemblance. I never thought Jessa looked at all like her dad. Heebie Jeebies. 

24 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

This might have been mentioned earlier, but I was just on IG and OMG why do all of the grandDuggarboys look exactly like Jim Boob?? It's almost an eerie resemblance. I never thought Jessa looked at all like her dad. Heebie Jeebies. 

Thank goodness the pig's boys look like Anna. 

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

Are you kidding me? Jessa is the girl kid that most looks like Jim Bob, IMO.

42 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Are you kidding me? Jessa is the girl kid that most looks like Jim Bob, IMO.

I find it really interesting which kids took after which parent. Jessa, Joy, and most of the boys are very, very Jim Bob (but Jessa and Joy are far better-looking than their dad). Josh, Josie, Jill, and arguably Jinger are very, very Michelle. I can't really place Jenny. I think Hannie is edging towards Jim Bob, but she has the Michelle face shape. It's shallow to say, but as horrid parents as they are, Jim Bob and Michelle did make some good-looking kids (well, most of the boys are going to be bald by 35, but they could rock the cue-ball look).

42 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said: Are you kidding me? Jessa is the girl kid that most looks like Jim Bob, IMO.

I find it really interesting which kids took after which parent. Jessa, Joy, and most of the boys are very, very Jim Bob (but Jessa and Joy are far better-looking than their dad). Josh, Josie, Jill, and arguably Jinger are very, very Michelle. I can't really place Jenny. I think Hannie is edging towards Jim Bob, but she has the Michelle face shape. It's shallow to say, but as horrid parents as they are, Jim Bob and Michelle did make some good-looking kids (well, most of the boys are going to be bald by 35, but they could rock the cue-ball look).

I also find their genetics interesting! I think the 3 kids that look most obviously like sisters are Jana, Jessa and Joy. The rest of them are scattered. Jinger looks the most different to any of the girls, but is the image of Michelle's father. Jill has the colouring of the rest of her siblings, but facially looks nothing like any of her siblings, or parents.

And then the Bates family, their kids all have very different looks except for a couple who have a younger "twin". (Like Michael and Addee)

It makes me wonder if my parents had 19 kids, what the rest of them would look like.

To me, Jill looks like a female version of Jim Bob.  Jinger looks a lot like Michelle.  Other than that, I don't find any of the other kids to resemble either parent much at all.  Maybe some of the little ones will eventually as they grow older.

I think Jinger looks like her grandpa Ruark. His picture was posted in one of the Duggar threads. Out of all the children I think Joy, James, and Jennifer will be the best looking of them all.

I think that Justin and Jackson look like Jessa. They both have her bone structure. Jackson alsonhasnthe big eyes where as Justin has her lips. Jill looks like jimbob and john David looks like Michelle's dad. Hannie is looking note like josh as she gets older. Joy and james look alike.  Jannie used to look more like  joy until  the last year.   The ones that I can't figure out  are the twin boys and Jason. I think they look very different from the rest.  I also think that Jinger and  Jenny look totally different from their sibs.  

The girls are all pretty. The boys don't retain their looks into adulthood. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived