IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds Part 2

happy atheist

9 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I will say that it is refreshing to see Jessa wear a color other than that mustard cardigan.

As for her hair-- I like the bangs.  It's something different.  I'd love to see her chop more of it off (it looks unhealthy).  I think she'd do well to take some hair inspiration from Taylor Swift.

I don't like the bangs particularly based on their aesthetic value, but it marks a change in the always-stagnant Duggar hair saga, so I'm all for it.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, withaj said:

I don't like the bangs particularly based on their aesthetic value, but it marks a change in the always-stagnant Duggar hair saga, so I'm all for it.

I think her outfit makes her look so frumpy for lack of a better word. Jeepers you are only 22 years old must you dress like someone's grandmother? No offense to anyone's grandmother.

Maybe they have finally worn out the mustard colored sweater? It certainly has been worn enough.

I don't want to point fingers but I don't think Ben has allergies. I do think there is something else involved and it would be very easy to get it past any of the Duggars as they are so sheltered. They have no idea what to look for.

Do the Duggars et al celebrate Christmas?  Just read this interesting little tidbit from their favorite Spurgeon:

In 1871, famed Baptist evangelist Charles H. Spurgeon used his time in the pulpit on December 24 to exhort his flock against observing Christmas:

“We have no superstitious regard for times and seasons. Certainly we do not believe in the present ecclesiastical arrangement called Christmas: first, because we do not believe in the mass at all, but abhor it, whether it be said or sung in Latin or in English; and, secondly, because we find no scriptural warrant whatever for observing any day as the birthday of the Savior; and, consequently, its observance is a superstition, because not of divine authority.”

http://new.exchristian.net/2015/12/christianitys-own-war-on-christmas.html

5 hours ago, withaj said:

UGH new pictures of "Sweet Spurgeon" up on the Seewald website, including one of little Spurge sitting on Ben's lap with his baseball cap on sideways.

I can't even.

SMH...poor kid...

Jessa can pull off those bangs so I don't think they're all that bad. They do make her look about 10 years younger though. I don't think we can hate her for the frump factor. She's a mum, she's probably tired and out of her depth. If it's how she's comfortable I'm not going to hold it against her. Also I just defended a devil child... Holy cow what is wrong with me? I need a drink!

I think her outfit makes her look so frumpy for lack of a better word. Jeepers you are only 22 years old must you dress like someone's grandmother? No offense to anyone's grandmother.

Heh.  I don't think any grandmas are running around in a tiered ruffle grey skirt with a hot pink top.  I don't think it is frumpy so much as it is a very relaxed, comfortable style.  If she was wearing grey sweatpants it would probably be more normal looking. So yeah, new moms should not have to look hawt or fashionable.  I think Kim Kardashian  and all the other celebs set the bar too high for instant baby weight loss and sexy post birth outfits.

32 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Heh.  I don't think any grandmas are running around in a tiered ruffle grey skirt with a hot pink top.  I don't think it is frumpy so much as it is a very relaxed, comfortable style.  If she was wearing grey sweatpants it would probably be more normal looking. So yeah, new moms should not have to look hawt or fashionable.  I think Kim Kardashian  and all the other celebs set the bar too high for instant baby weight loss and sexy post birth outfits.

She only had the baby 5 minutes ago. I have a picture of me with my 2 month old back in the day and all I wore day in day out was pajamas and elasticized pants :P. I was all about the comfort and whether it was washable. So I will not judge. lol.  I think she looks good and I'm glad she's trying something different with her hair, though I think it could look even better if she took some of the length off (like a lot of the length).

I don't get the problem with her long hair. I think short hair looks terrible on women (just an opinion obviously). Her face is too angular for something really short anyway. The long curled hair is super flattering. The bangs are nice, but probably high maintenance. They seem like an odd choice for a woman with a newborn. 

Also, I've been waiting for a picture of Spurgeon in a baseball cap since he was born. About damn time, Seewalds. 

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

I don't get the problem with her long hair. I think short hair looks terrible on women (just an opinion obviously). Her face is too angular for something really short anyway. The long curled hair is super flattering. The bangs are nice, but probably high maintenance. They seem like an odd choice for a woman with a newborn. 

Also, I've been waiting for a picture of Spurgeon in a baseball cap since he was born. About damn time, Seewalds. 

I'm not knocking her long hair, but long hair does need to be properly cared for and trimmed to make it look healthy.  If she trimmed off a few inches at the ends she'd look better.  (Jill too).

21 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I'm not knocking her long hair, but long hair does need to be properly cared for and trimmed to make it look healthy.  If she trimmed off a few inches at the ends she'd look better.  (Jill too).

She does need a trim, definitely. All of them could do with a proper trim.

Nothing screams I'm an individual, thinking, adult woman who can make her own decisions, like wearing the same hair style as your 8 other sisters (and mother) and just the way "daddy" likes it.

Really, do none of them have any individual or personal style or preference.

Clones- they are all clones????

The bangs look a tad long, but maybe she just wanted a change. As for the outfit, I think she's 100% going for comfort. That's an interesting change from being a perfectly made up,  smug selfie princess. 

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Nothing screams I'm an individual, thinking, adult woman who can make her own decisions, like wearing the same hair style as your 8 other sisters (and mother) and just the way "daddy" likes it.

Really, do none of them have any individual or personal style or preference.

Clones- they are all clones????

What I will say again and again...these specials only emphasize they have no individual thoughts or ideas.  And they are too afraid to diversify

And a picture of spud in a hat -who called it first

2 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

The bangs look a tad long, but maybe she just wanted a change. As for the outfit, I think she's 100% going for comfort. That's an interesting change from being a perfectly made up,  smug selfie princess. 

Well then we would pictures of pjs with a skirt

The bangs are fine, but will soon be pulled back as they are already too long.  She needs a good bra, as that is why she looks frumpy.  Baby has her lips, but otherwise looks like a very generic baby.  He will no doubt get cuter as he gets closer to 6 months.  Bradley Bates is still the cutest fundie baby ever.

And why, in that one pic is JB sporting a scruffy face?  I have never seen that man show any signs of a whisker before. 

Ben's a tool.

The end

21 hours ago, Pupalup said:

I'm not liking the bangs, they make her look childish. I actually think Jessa would look very cute with a pixie cut, but that's obviously out of the question.

I think a pixie cut would be too short for her since she doesn't have "small" facial features. She is obviously beautiful but her mouth and her chin are too large for really short hair. But she could do well with a long bob I think...

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-shares-instagram-spurgeon-seewald-raising-eyebrows

Quote In a sneak peek at the final episode of TLC's special Jill & Jessa: Counting On, Jessa is already more than 20 hours into birthing baby Spurgeon Elliott when her younger sister Jana says the 23-year-old has been "quite the trouper."

Jana, 25, adds that Jessa's husband Ben, 20, "has been right beside her, cheering her on the whole time."

Jeez, do the writers at People Mag glance over their articles before publishing them on the web? (/rant)

I'm so glad somebody else caught that too. It like she must be younger because she would be married otherwise, right? Thankfully not.

And I like Jessa's bangs. At that length, maintenance will be a bitch, but I think it's cute nonetheless. I recently cut little whispy sidesweeping bangs into my hair, and jessa has me considering going bolder.

10 hours ago, calimojo said:

The bangs are fine, but will soon be pulled back as they are already too long.  She needs a good bra, as that is why she looks frumpy.  Baby has her lips, but otherwise looks like a very generic baby.  He will no doubt get cuter as he gets closer to 6 months.  Bradley Bates is still the cutest fundie baby ever.

And why, in that one pic is JB sporting a scruffy face?  I have never seen that man show any signs of a whisker before. 

Ben's a tool.

The end

YES- all the Duggar PG and lactating mothers need appropriate sized bras.  Jessa is the worst. Those hounds will be hanging really low if she does not get proper support.

14 hours ago, calimojo said:

Ben's a tool.

The end

Wishing baby spud a new year filled with photo ops, a crunchy father and mother who looks like she needs a good bra.

wishing you all a peaceful and happy day and me a safe flight home.

here is to the new year filled with Ben crying, spud staring into the camera endlessly and jessa running away from jb

never the end

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

YES- all the Duggar PG and lactating mothers need appropriate sized bras.  Jessa is the worst. Those hounds will be hanging really low if she does not get proper support.

Release the hounds 

love it

can I use that forever

10 hours ago, calimojo said: The bangs are fine, but will soon be pulled back as they are already too long.  She needs a good bra, as that is why she looks frumpy.  Baby has her lips, but otherwise looks like a very generic baby.  He will no doubt get cuter as he gets closer to 6 months.  Bradley Bates is still the cutest fundie baby ever.

Ben's a tool.

The end

Unfortunately she'll never get the chance to have a proper fitting. [emoji853]

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived