IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds Part 2

happy atheist

10 hours ago, actuallyjessica said: Edit: nevermind

Go ahead 

and tell us your life story _ I have all day

i can't swim anymore,..

I was asking for a picture source and then found it... Hence the NEVERMIND.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

I was asking for a picture source and then found it... Hence the NEVERMIND.

Ah

hence the never mind

Who is excited to see jessa in pain and for Derrick to buy new shoes? :)

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Unfortunately she'll never get the chance to have a proper fitting. emoji853.png

Hell, it's not hard to do yourself! Not that they would venture to a source that would guide them through it.

Hasn't anyone mentioned that unnecessarily droopy girls detract from one's countenance??

On 12/24/2015 at 3:20 PM, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Heh.  I don't think any grandmas are running around in a tiered ruffle grey skirt with a hot pink top.  I don't think it is frumpy so much as it is a very relaxed, comfortable style.  If she was wearing grey sweatpants it would probably be more normal looking. So yeah, new moms should not have to look hawt or fashionable.  I think Kim Kardashian  and all the other celebs set the bar too high for instant baby weight loss and sexy post birth outfits.

Amen.  She just had a very large baby.  I am not going to nitpick her for dressing comfortably.

On 12/25/2015 at 4:42 PM, princessmahina said:

I don't get the problem with her long hair. I think short hair looks terrible on women (just an opinion obviously). Her face is too angular for something really short anyway. The long curled hair is super flattering. The bangs are nice, but probably high maintenance. They seem like an odd choice for a woman with a newborn. 

Also, I've been waiting for a picture of Spurgeon in a baseball cap since he was born. About damn time, Seewalds. 

You think short hair looks terrible on women, as in every single woman?  Never does short hair look good if it's on a woman?  I know it's just an opinion, but that's kind of "wow."  

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

Amen.  She just had a very large baby.  I am not going to nitpick her for dressing comfortably.

You think short hair looks terrible on women, as in every single woman?  Never does short hair look good if it's on a woman?  I know it's just an opinion, but that's kind of "wow."  

i think when "short hair" is mentioned, some people may imagine a pixie crop. i think jessa would look lovely with a 'lob'... similar to this:
c73e13278d1c317c71a3ae42f2d3e420.jpg

2 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

I know it's a blanket statement. It really is just a personal opinion. I have never seen a short (above collarbone length is my frame of reference) hairstyle that I thought was flattering on women. 

2 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

I thought the same thing. Wow. And not in a good way. Gender stereotypes are often so deeply ingrained that people don't even realize they are affected. That is why breaking away from religious followings such as the Duggars treating women as less then men can be so difficult. It's a form of brainwashing from birth. Realizing that your views are wrong on a basic level and hurtful is a lot to wrap their head around. They will fight the notion that what they are saying is so bad. They will find a group "of friends" to back up their ignorance. It takes a big wake-up call to get them truly thinking. 

Oh my!  I could make a collage of female celebs past and present going back to the 50's with side by side short vs. long hair where the short is far more attractive on them.  Just my opinion of course though.  :my_rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Oh my!  I could make a collage of female celebs past and present going back to the 50's with side by side short vs. long hair where the short is far more attractive on them.  Just my opinion of course though.  :my_rolleyes:

Truth. Though I'm a bit more middle-of-the-road on the issue: some women can rock short hair and some would even look less striking with longer hair (Halle Berry, Lupita Nyong'o, Audrey Hepburn, Ginnifer Goodwin), and some just look better with longer hairstyles (Liv Tyler, Jennifer Lawrence, that girl from The Big Bang Theory). I tried to go short for a while and realized that I look a lot better with mid-length to long hair because it softens my features, which I think are really angular. I don't know if Jessa would look good with a pixie cut (I just can't visualize her with one), but I think Alyssa Bates-length or a Taylor Swift style collarbone-length cut would look really cute on her. I do like the bangs, even though bangs are really annoying to maintain.

Here's the bangs pic: 

Spoiler

jessa.thumb.jpg.a78b025299470f859a3aedca

Damn, some of you criticizing how she looks now would be frothing at the mouth if she were dressed well, with full make-up, done hair, and flattering pose. 

We've seen her with bangs before. I'll guess it's a hairpiece, which are lots of fun imo. Why aren't we talking about how they met this Christian rapper at Ben's parents' house? Jessa's looks here are so unsnarkworthy that I had actually seen the picture and not given it a second thought before all of the comments about her hair and outfit started.

So who thinks that Ben now wants to be a Christian rapper?

As to the bra thing, the Duggar girls have probably never been fitted for a bra. I feel like every time I go into the lingerie department at Nordstroms or to Victoria's Secret someone is chasing me with a tape measure. They probably don't even know that your size can differ based on the manufacturer. I can't see them spending money on nice quality bras. They probably buy used bras as it is. 

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

So who thinks that Ben now wants to be a Christian rapper?

As to the bra thing, the Duggar girls have probably never been fitted for a bra. I feel like every time I go into the lingerie department at Nordstroms or to Victoria's Secret someone is chasing me with a tape measure. They probably don't even know that your size can differ based on the manufacturer. I can't see them spending money on nice quality bras. They probably buy used bras as it is. 

And he is promoting them in his Instagram.  He says they have a platform, more like a tiny soap box.

the platform made me laugh so hard....Ben thinks if looks like a rapper he will get higher 

no puns intended, I got it!!!!! Ben wants to start to rap thinking that will advance him, what he doesn't realize is he is just interchangeable.

hence the backwards cap

upgraded my seat ;)

1 hour ago, halcionne said:

We've seen her with bangs before. I'll guess it's a hairpiece, which are lots of fun imo. Why aren't we talking about how they met this Christian rapper at Ben's parents' house? Jessa's looks here are so unsnarkworthy that I had actually seen the picture and not given it a second thought before all of the comments about her hair and outfit started.

My only thought was that her bangs looked very cute (give her a Bump-It and some cat eye makeup and she'll look like Zooey Deschanel), I'll give the rather meh skirt a pass because she has a baby and I don't expect anyone who shoved a shrieking watermelon out of her cooch a few weeks ago to dress like they're at Fashion Week, and LORD I DO NOT PRETEND TO HAVE MUCH CREDIT WITH YOU BUT DO NOT CALL BIN TO BECOME A RAPPER.

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

My only thought was that her bangs looked very cute (give her a Bump-It and some cat eye makeup and she'll look like Zooey Deschanel), I'll give the rather meh skirt a pass because she has a baby and I don't expect anyone who shoved a shrieking watermelon out of her cooch a few weeks ago to dress like they're at Fashion Week, and LORD I DO NOT PRETEND TO HAVE MUCH CREDIT WITH YOU BUT DO NOT CALL BIN TO BECOME A RAPPER.

Can he be a rapper when he can not complete a sentence? Or fully be understood by anyone? Why can't these people just get jobs like the rest of us tend to do?

2 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

Can he be a rapper when he can not complete a sentence? Or fully be understood by anyone? Why can't these people just get jobs like the rest of us tend to do?

He would definitely suck as a rapper.  How I would love to see him perform and record a rap.  Then, the Duggar family could provide back-up vocals.  I can hear "and like" (provided by Jessa) dubbed in the beat before each line begins.  And then each line would be followed by a dubbed-in "uhh...yeah" (provided by Jill).  There would be a few of JB's "you guize" sprinkled throughout.  It would be very much like that episode of the Cosby show where Stevie Wonder recorded his conversations with the Huxtables and then mixed their words into his jam recording!

On 25 December 2015 at 6:05 AM, SassyPants said:

YES- all the Duggar PG and lactating mothers need appropriate sized bras.  Jessa is the worst. Those hounds will be hanging really low if she does not get proper support.

She will need a good sheepdog bra if those hounds hang too low.  

I used the phrase sheepdog bra in chat the other night and while I've heard it used in Australia, it wasn't known by the Americans in chat.  So to explain in advance, a sheepdog bra is one which rounds them up and herds them in :)

Considering the girls had to bind their chests for modesty, the idea of an actual bra that fits properly is totally foreign and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they felt trashy or immodest. I've had cousins wear sports bras growing up to be 'modest' but refuse post-marriage and pregnancy to wear a proper bra. Even some nursing bras that have too much 'oomf' are no-gos. Considering I'm a 42F pre-pregnancy, for my back's sake, I could care less about being modest. I need SUPPORT. Underwire. Extra straps, whatever I can get.

On 12/25/2015 at 7:42 PM, princessmahina said:

I think short hair looks terrible on women (just an opinion obviously).

I think I look fabulous with super short hair...and, I happen to be a woman.  (That's just MY opinion........um, about the hair, not about my being a woman.)

It might be a post-partum thing to change one's hair. I did it after both my pregnancies.   I don't like Jessa's bangs.  Perhaps, now that she's a mom, she's realizing that all the attention doesn't hover around her and she's shifted her priorities from being in front of the mirror and taking selfies to doting on her son.  I'm sure both the boys in her house think she's beautiful, no matter what. 

I know how to pick and size a bra....

My girls looked a whole lot worse then Jessa when I was breastfeeding. The only bras I could wear were sports nursing bra types. Anything with even a little bit of support caused me to get blocked ducts. So of all the snarkable things the duggars offer I find it unnessasary and petty to snark on a woman's brests. Especially a nursing mom. 

As for her bangs.... I'd bet she's starting to enter the postpartum hair loss phase. I virtually went bald around my forehead. If my hair wasn't curly and frizzy I would have done short bangs to try and hide it. Unfortunetly I can't pull them off though so I literally had bald spots then awful peach fuzz. My hear was a mess for over a year. Pregnancy is the gift that keeps on giving.

Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster, please lay it upon Bin's heart to purpose to become a Christian rapper.  I need all the laughter I can get in life.  Ramen. :flyingspaghetti:

12 hours ago, Karma said:

So to explain in advance, a sheepdog bra is one which rounds them up and herds them in :)

The one I've heard (UK) is 'rounds them up and points them in the right direction'! :my_biggrin:

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived