IGNORED

Who will watch the special?

Bad Wolf

On 12/9/2015 at 2:34 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Your right to spout harmful messages ends the second it can be heard by someone it can harm.

The absolute best thing that I have read all week. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am watching because me and my mom are horrible people (it sort of makes me feel better because we will be snarking on them hardcore while watching).

But just like a few other people have said, it's like a train wreck you can't look away from.

I am still at a loss as to how TLC can put all of these people back on the air....Molesting little children is no joke......I just hope the advertisers stay away. I wonder about these peoples finances, I am sure that Jill and Jessa must be paid separately, leaving me wondering if the new financial norm for this family may cause rifts, I hope so. I firmly believe that Jill and Derek are only in central America for filming and it was a luck break for them that the specials are being aired.  My guess is that is why there has been so much back and forth between Arkansas and Guatemala. I am going to read Buzzard's review, not watch.

Ha, no one needs to watch the specials...

TLC has released so many previews that anyone who has watched them all has already seen everything :bananna-demon:

Maybe I am mean but I am kinda curious to see Jessa in labour! 

Hope that episode of the specials will not end up like Baby Dilly birth special. That episode drove me insane - all about Michelle, and 5 seconds of nothing on Jill. Since Jill had an epic 70 hour labour or something similar, there should have been plenty to show. 

Baby Dilly birth episode was first episode I saw since I think Josh's courtship, when I started to get weirded out by no kissing, chaperones , and the weird handsy thing going on. I am probably slow on the pick up but that was when I first  got creepy vibes and realised this family ain't what I thought they were and I stopped watching. 

Still not sure if I will watch though, i don't have the channel anymore and can't remember how I watched Jill's baby episode, maybe Youtube? 

I am a sinner .....I can't wait. It will be a lot of tater tot casserole, I vote for no real "meat", as in juicy tidbits. Still, I am shallow and will watch. 

I will be DVRing it and watching later because I just can't not watch this trainwreck. I'm hoping to turn it into some kind of drinking game where I take a sip every time they say something or do something in particular. So far, I'm thinking every time someone cries, and each time someone mentions a "secret life", and I would love to hear anyone else's suggestions. The idea is to get me good and drunk, so don't be shy!

Recaps only for me. The preview, 2 seconds of "action", review, repeat format TLC loves so much drives me crazy.

Also, straight to hell with those sanctimonious child molestors. 

On 12/9/2015 at 2:56 PM, pumpkie0 said:

so now they are angry and feel dupped why because their new shows may not get the ratings?  Because people were still saying they didn't want to see them?  I don't believe this for a minute he will be welcomed back in they are only changing their tunes to save these specials

Too bad none of them will stop and consider that they spent years duping their viewers by pretending they didn't have a dirty little secret in their closet. If they could have covered up Josh's cheating they would have kept on presenting themselves as an example of wonderful family values. 

Looking forward to the recap - it's not on tv here.  I will probably watch it online later, although it seems like there's been so much of it released in the clips that by the time TLC puts in their usual repetitive fillers (in case we've forgotten what we saw three minutes earlier), there will be very little new content.

I'll be watching.  I have a fresh box of kleenex ready with my name written on it.

If someone were going over Niagara Falls in a barrel, I'd probably watch that too. No way to stop them, but you can wave bye bye at least.

5 hours ago, ShebrewDefrauder said:

I will be DVRing it and watching later because I just can't not watch this trainwreck. I'm hoping to turn it into some kind of drinking game where I take a sip every time they say something or do something in particular. So far, I'm thinking every time someone cries, and each time someone mentions a "secret life", and I would love to hear anyone else's suggestions. The idea is to get me good and drunk, so don't be shy!

how about you take a drink everytime 

- ben says something shallow while trying to come across as a deep thinker 

- Benssa speaks about their little baby whose name we so love to  snark on 

- jirick speaks about Izzy 

- Jirick speaks about their holy godly mission to spread the righteous gospel 

- Anna appears on tv 

- jirickbenssa speak about how their lives have changed 

and as a bonus 

take two drinks everytime you feel that you'd much rather play board games with your tongue than watch this family 

8 hours ago, ShebrewDefrauder said:

How about taking a drink every time a Duggar uses the word "blessing" to describe something that was either completely random or came about through someone's entirely human effort?

On 12/7/2015 at 5:38 PM, EmCatlyn said:

I might watch while doing something else (like folding laundry or dusting the bookcases) if I could be sure that my cable wouldn't report my watching and add to ratings.  But truly, I think they are boring, so it is not a big sacrifice not to watch.

I think if you wait at least a week or ten days , it own't count in Nielsen ratings. I don't have tv .but kind of glad to not be tempted to watch the fake crying.

I'm pretty sure all the clips released had all of the "important" stuff. The rest will be typical boring Duggars

9 hours ago, ShebrewDefrauder said:

Drinking game idea sounds awesome!

4 hours ago, Karma said:

Looking forward to the recap - it's not on tv here.  I will probably watch it online later, although it seems like there's been so much of it released in the clips that by the time TLC puts in their usual repetitive fillers (in case we've forgotten what we saw three minutes earlier), there will be very little new content.

I think it is on Foxtel on 15 th December.

On December 9, 2015 at 2:56 PM, pumpkie0 said:

so now they are angry and feel dupped why because their new shows may not get the ratings?  Because people were still saying they didn't want to see them?  I don't believe this for a minute he will be welcomed back in they are only changing their tunes to save these specials

They cried before when money was at risk- to save their show. All fake. They are crying again for money. Even if they don't want to I'm sure JB is making them. It's disgusting. 

Archived