IGNORED

Who will watch the special?

Bad Wolf

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hellz to the no. Between the recaps posted here, the fact the tabloids will probably report on what Anna says and the very real possibility it will be uploaded to YouTube by the end of the week (or at least the juicy parts), there's no real reason for me to watch.

I'll be watching, Sunday night is stupid TV night for me - that's how I found myself caught up in 90 day fiance.  

I think it's going to be boring, they will not give us any new information.  Jessa being pregnant, on outings with her bff party planner, Jill planning her vacation, and 5 mins of Anna being exploited.  

31 minutes ago, Trynn said:

I don't have tv, so, no. Is it on today?

Sunday night

I'll watch it in a way that doesn't give TLC money. I'd love to do a recap blog or something (like WTF Fundie Families) because I know it's going to be such a shitshow.

Nah. I have an entire season of Cutthroat Kitchen to catch up on and Alton Brown is irresistible. So defrauding in his suits <3

Not me. I don't feel like giving them the time of day when I can just read about all the worst parts on here...!

I'm watching the first episode. Im not a Nielson household nor do I have a DVR so I won't count in the ratings

I will DVR it for sure, not sure when I will get around to watching, probably will watch in the background while I'm making dinner or something in the distant future. I'll admit I am curious as to how they work Anna and that in. I honestly can't believe she will be on (at least how the previews make it look) so I do want to see that.

I will probably DVR them and watch.  I'll admit it, I've been hooked since the first special and as much as I find it hard to watch I can't look away.  

apparently the first episode is 1.5 hours and the second one which is the baby shower is only an hour 

don't know about the last one - which would be the birth episode - betting a two hour episode of Michelle giving birth and the 911 call 

i want to see the moment that Jessa realizes she is in labour - her facial expressions should be amusing 

remember Derek's defrauding arms when he was helping Jill through her beginning labour :D

I will watch it. It will be fun and I want to see what Anna says/what they say about her. Now that 90 day fiance is done. SundayNightTrash

I have the feeling that Anna won't show up until the last special. They know that's why people will be tuning in so they're giving the impression that she's going to be in the first special. When there's no sign of her, viewers will watch the second, then the third, no matter how boring the content.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'll watch it in a way that doesn't give TLC money. I'd love to do a recap blog or something (like WTF Fundie Families) because I know it's going to be such a shitshow.

Watching it on your TV won't give them money, or even affect their ratings, unless you're a Nielson family. The only way they'll make money on your viewing of the special is if it's done through an authorized online streaming source. 

UGH. Fighting a battle with myself over this one. The revulsion is strong y'all. But is the curiousity stronger?!

3 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

UGH. Fighting a battle with myself over this one. The revulsion is strong y'all. But is the curiousity stronger?!

That's why I'm DVR-ing it. I'll read the recaps and see if it's worth watching/if my curiosity wins out. Lol

Noooòoooope. If there are recaps I will read them,  because those are way more interesting than having to watch them straight and unfiltered.  There is really no point to these specials other than voyeurism and I don't want to be part of encouraging   that. I think it is bad for their family to keep clinging to the TLC money/fame train and I just plain think it's bad tv. They rarely have anything interesting to say, rarely talk about anything with real emotion.    Plus I really not comfortable with the decision to have Anna be part of the special.  No, not watching. 

I think what we've seen so far are teasers, and they won't show anything about Joshgate until the last special. Remember the part about Josie having a seizure? They hope to hook us through all the specials. I'm guessing that they will be mostly about giving birth to the new blessings, and getting ready for their vacation. I mean mission. If we're really lucky, we'll see Derrick's dental surgery.

I am a straight weirdo here, I have actually never watched one Duggars episode ever. I don't think I have watched more then 3 minutes of any clips either. I came for skirt cheese, but stayed, on for hate butter and eventually Buzzard sucked me in with boozy recaps. So cant imagine watching, but do like boozy recaps.

10 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

I am a straight weirdo here, I have actually never watched one Duggars episode ever. I don't think I have watched more then 3 minutes of any clips either. I came for skirt cheese, but stayed, on for hate butter and eventually Buzzard sucked me in with boozy recaps. So cant imagine watching, but do like boozy recaps.

I actually started watching less and less once I found online discussions of the Duggars. The episodes themselves have never been at all compelling--you've seen one, you've seen them all, they're THAT repetitive--it was more the sick fascination with these freaks that made me tune in. Once I found people who watched who didn't think the family was, at worst, harmlessly weird, I didn't feel the need to watch as much. And on the rare occasions that I would tune in, I'd just glance up at the tv for a glimpse here and there, while doing stuff on my laptop.

Archived