IGNORED

Who will watch the special?

Bad Wolf

I will probably watch, though most likely the next day from the DVR. 

I have only seen the same old same old "I cried a lot of tears" preview. Are there other ones that mention Anna being on specifically or is it just rumour? 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be watching. I'm so sick of the preview, "We will get through this fire", I  change the channel when it comes on. For specials that were suppose to be about the girls , the previews are Josh focused. To me it shows Jill and Jessa are not leading new exciting lives if they are so wrapped up in Josh's cheating. My husband has more siblings then the Duggars and 2 have cheated over the years. One of the cheaters had kids so we spent more time then usual taking their kids out but the cheating really didn't really change our lives and we will in a gossip filled suburb so people knew.

I will read the recaps and I'm sure the dozens of articles that will spin Anna's words every which way they can. I bet her segment is less then 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I have the feeling that Anna won't show up until the last special. They know that's why people will be tuning in so they're giving the impression that she's going to be in the first special. When there's no sign of her, viewers will watch the second, then the third, no matter how boring the content.

I have something of that feeling also, but I don't see how they can delay it if they are going to make the controlling idea of the specials how the family is going on with life in spite of the "challenges" and pain of the scandals. Maybe they will give a quick glimpse of Anna in the first special and promise more for later.

It won't be shown in Ireland so I don't have a choice about watching it, boo hoo...

Fortunately, the good Lord purposed to send Buzzard into my life! 

:Yes:

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I was under the impression that this was only going to be one show. Is it going to be more than that, like a mini-series of sorts?

1 hour ago, bucherwurm said:

I have only seen the same old same old "I cried a lot of tears" preview. Are there other ones that mention Anna being on specifically or is it just rumour? 

Yea, she's in that preview, kind of sandwiched in. 

22 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I was under the impression that this was only going to be one show. Is it going to be more than that, like a mini-series of sorts?

3 episodes. Probably: Dilly Dally and pretend missionary work, Baby Seewald (I refuse to use his name -- I'm still hoping they reveal his real name is Charles or Elliot, and that they were just messing with us) and I can't figure out how they'll make Jessa and Ben look interesting beyond that, and then Josh cheating. 

I'll turn it on if I think of it.  Am expecting the usual blather from Jill and Jessa, Michelle being presented as the wise and experienced matriarch, praising the Lord in both good times and bad, stupid popups, and occasional reminders about Joshley and what victims they all are.  Maybe a "we never thought we were better than anyone else but sure weren't expecting this" lecture from JimBob.  It should be quite a snarkfest.

45 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

They always said it was going to be three specials, but I had thought they would do "Jessa  Has a Spurgeon" in December and "Jill and Der-Dill Play Missionary" sometime in January or February and the third special in March or April would focus on what was coming up in the "Life of the Exciting Duggar Daughters and Sons and Grandkids" ..new courtships, pregnancies, first words, first teeth, etc. 

Now it turns out that it is going to be a miniseries -- a continuation of the more "exciting" storylines from when the 19K&C left off last year.  Jessa will not birth the See-Fishy until the third  "special" and during the first two we will probably get a lot about Jill's preparation for her mission and how important her midwife education will be in the service of the Lord in between recipes for chickenetti and so forth.  We may hear about the outpouring of support from fans and see Jill patting heads and talking blood pressure and soap among the heathens in Central America.

<yawn>

We won't hear what Jessa really thinks of Spurgeon as a name, we won't see Jill and Dill do anything useful, we won't get a real sense of what is going on in the family or even, I would bet, just exactly Anna and the kids are living.

But if there is enough interest, there may be a second set of specials for March and April, I bet... <double yawn>.  Even if they do a special on "The Prodigal Comes Home Smugly Contrite" it will be bland and boring.

I'll just read a recap online, too. I used to watch the show when you could stream it on Netflix, when I was going through an I'll-watch-any-reality-junk phase. I can't imagine that (very boring) Jill and Jessa are going be all that thrilling, so I'm not too worried this will spin off into a lengthy series. Hope I won't have to eat my words. :my_confused:

I don't have cable, so I won't be watching at the time. I'll probably just read a recap unless people report that it's wildly more interesting than I imagine it's going to be.

Will not be watching.  Can't stand looking at any of their smug, pious, faces and to listen to the complete BS they will be spewing will make me want to do great harm to my TV.   

No, I won't be watching, though I am looking forward to Buzzard's take on it. Even though we're not a Nielsen rating family, I don't want to support the show in any way, shape, or form. The best chance any of them have of breaking free is if this family moves out of the limelight pronto. I'm more than happy to start following other fundie families if this one drops off the radar.

13 hours ago, bucherwurm said:

I have a feeling that Anna will be seen for about 5 minutes total. I honestly want to hear what she has to say, but I bet it's going to the same stuff we have been reading online from the 'close family sources'.

There is a chance this could be the last time a trace of the Duggars will be on TLC. I don't think the ratings will be too hot. They aren't trending on social media the way they used to pre Joshgate.

I won't be watching the special but will read Buzzard's recap.

I also don't think that Anna will be shown (if she is shown) for very long and frankly I think that is the draw for the specials, never mind it's supposed to focus on Jill and Jessa.    The interest post-Joshgates are on the level of watching a trainwreck.

OMG! Just saw Jill criticize Josh for allowing them to defend him when he was hiding stuff. On Good Morning America just now. Sorry if this is a repeat.

GMA seemed like it was going to be an interview with Anna, but it was only a summary and not an interview - promising candid interviews with Anna on the specials.

There were a few clips I hadn't seen before  and quick visual scenes of talking heads with Jinger, Jana, and one of the boys.   I think the specials are going to be a snooze fest, with each of the 3 specials containing a few clips of Anna so TLC can keep exploiting her for ratings.   

They said they reached out to Josh for the piece and did not hear back.  No wonder he is in "rehab".

5 minutes ago, Hermen-uetics said:

GMA seemed like it was going to be an interview with Anna, but it was only a summary and not an interview - promising candid interviews with Anna on the specials.

Seriously! Why did they say they had an exclusive? They had exclusive access to TLC's clips? I bothered to turn on the TV for this?!

10 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

Seriously! Why did they say they had an exclusive? They had exclusive access to TLC's clips? I bothered to turn on the TV for this?!

I know - right!

I get that the morning shows need to do fluff pieces, but its usually during thier second hour.  This peice of garbage was on in the first hour, Hello GMA there is real news happening!

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

OMG! Just saw Jill criticize Josh for allowing them to defend him when he was hiding stuff. On Good Morning America just now. Sorry if this is a repeat.

And THAT is where most of my schadenfreude over the Ashley Madison news came from. Sure, there's the fundie hypocrisy and all that jazz, but what really made me cackle was imagining how Jill and Jessa felt, because those two smug twits went on national tv to defend their brother and reprimand everyone who thought that a teen molesting his sisters was a big deal. And then they took part in that special on child molestation, and Miss Constant Vacant Smile Jill looked seriously pissed at having to be there, sure that she already new all she needed to know. I hope she really did "cry a lot of tears" when she heard about AM.

1 hour ago, IreneIssh said:

Exactly my thought.  This felt more like a soft ad for TLC than a GMA exclusive.   Duggars/TLC have now become product placement on mainstream TV.

Seriously, is there a financial link between CBS and TLC?  Or was it just a slow news day and GMA decided to do a boring Duggar promotion?  There "reaching out to Josh" seemed to be the only nod to making this a real story. Did find it interesting that neither JBoob or DQ showed up as a promoted talking head.  Maybe they are smart enough (savvy enough?) to stay in the background and let the girls try to repair  the family image? Doubtful they can manage to stay off camera, but it was interesting.

Also, why does Anna do those stupid Gothard curls whenever she's on TV?  She looks so good with her hair straight/natural.

Archived