IGNORED

Who will watch the special?

Bad Wolf

Not watching. I want the bad ratings too bad.

But I will read any recap and might watch clips of Anna afterwards. As usual the interesting stuff will be 10 minutes out of the 90 minutes or even less. The Internet will provide the best/only watchable pices and I do not give them ratings nor do I have to go throu their crap on missions, Babys and the joy of living a godly life... 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have it on while I do other things on the computer.... if it as fluffy as the Megyn Kelly interview, I may need some Xanax to keep me from screaming at the TV.   I am sure there will be a group watching while in Chat and we can calm each other down.....

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

I might watch while doing something else (like folding laundry or dusting the bookcases) if I could be sure that my cable wouldn't report my watching and add to ratings.  But truly, I think they are boring, so it is not a big sacrifice not to watch.

You could dust ceiling fans & wipe down cabinets.... Like the prisoners of Maxhell. But the Maxhells don't watch The Beast! 

I don't have cable...so I won't be watching. Which is fine, I don't know that I would have anyway. I have always paid attention to the duggars from afar. 

Hell yes - while I do laundry etc  - except for the one on the 20th - I will be in Maui - I don't know if they have TLC :D 

the snarking will be amazing 

2 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I might. I'm trying to figure out how upsetting it might be from an assault victim standpoint before I commit, though. My guess is it'll be pretty bad, given how they tend to write everything off, so I'm pretty up in the air.

from that point of view - I will be disgusted if they applaud Josh

disgusted - i will have a huge fit 

i will lambast them on here :D

I might watch it - we do have cable and get TLC. The thing that really bugs me is that if the specials are anything like the television show, there will be several teasers shown, then a little bit of the show, then a shitload of commercials, then another lengthy recap/preview. Rinse lather, repeat. If you actually boil down a 30 minute show, there is really all of 8 minutes of new material. And that's being generous. That's one reason I gave up on the tv show (besides just getting fed up with the bull.)

If I thought the special would have any content to it, I might, but since I'm positive it will just be 40 minutes of Jill and Jessa being their dull selves with five minutes tacked on consisting of Anna looking dead-eyed and vacant, I'll pass. I haven't watch the Duggars since the Jubilee fiasco, and I ask myself why I lasted as long as I did.

5 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

If I thought the special would have any content to it, I might, but since I'm positive it will just be 40 minutes of Jill and Jessa being their dull selves with five minutes tacked on consisting of Anna looking dead-eyed and vacant, I'll pass. I haven't watch the Duggars since the Jubilee fiasco, and I ask myself why I lasted as long as I did.

I doubt it will have any content - except for Jill dabbing her eyes, Jessa spouting her crapola and Ben and Derick just nodding 

I will record it and watch as much as I can tolerate--probably fast forward through any DQ talking head as I can't stand her voice [and now that I think about it, JBoob, too].   I was considering using it as  a gift wrapping background noise, but I'm afraid I may start throwing things. 

Not watching... (we don't have cable so I couldn't even if I wanted to, which I don't.) I'm committing to boycott any company that advertises as well.

I will be hate watching, just as I have hate watched pretty much every episode since I came across the Duggars and their frumpers on the very first 14 Kids special on Discovery many years ago. I can't help it, I have a morbid fascination with fundies, and if I know that fundies are going to be on TV with the potential to broadcast their special brand of crazy, I just have to watch. Please feel free to judge me appropriately. 

I just want to see what Anna says. I don't care about Jill and Jessa toting around, going to doctor appointments, doing laundry, going to the grocery store, etc.

If I could watch it here in Aus I would; however the amount of screaming and swearing my housemates would have to endure... Probably best I can't watch it. [emoji41]

No I will not be watching, however if some serious shit goes down I will probably check it out online to see what all the hoopla is about.

I just cant watch it in good conscience and then hate on TLC for continuing to give these people air time.

It is time to go away Duggars, just shoo

I am sure I will do they same thing I have been been doing the last season or so. Tape the episode because something else more interesting to see live. Read Buzzard's recap and all the comments. Decide to watch it but forget to do so. Then finally delete it because I need room on my DVR. 

I'll watch. It's the best snark fuel. But I don't have cable; I've always managed to find a way to watch that doesn't contribute monetarily to the Duggars.

I'm notoriously bad at remembering to watch tv shows, so probably not. I'm not fundamentally opposed to watching it. Every single person with an account here can not watch and it wouldn't make a dent in the ratings. But unless I happen to be logged in here while the show is airing (which will remind me) AND the chatter here makes me want to watch, I'll likely miss it. I won't DVR it, so that's out. 

Archived