IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds

happy atheist

Too bad his middle name isn't Robert, then he could be Spunge Spurge Bob.

who lives in a compound in Arkansas? 

SPURGEBOB SEEWALD!!! :my_biggrin:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see the message from A Mommy’s Butterfly Midwifery?

Here's the message from their Facebook account:

"I didn't want to respond in this forum but due to the overwhelming support and calls and emails. We were not Jessa Seewald's midwives. I am sad that Jessa suffered a post partum hemhorrage. I am happy that Jessa and "Quincy" are home,safe and sound. Both Jessa and Jill made decisions that do not fairly reflect home birth nor the care of the midwives in this state. But what matters most is Healthy Baby, Healthy Mama!"

After reading the People Magazine article about Jessa and the birth of baby "Quincy" I was shocked. Jessa didn't actually have a "real midwife". According to the article, her midwives were Michelle, Guinn, Jana, and Jinger. I hate to tell People but they are not midwives; their family members. They don't have the training or certification. I would rather have Jill than Michelle. Is Jim Bob really that cheap? Jessa is lucky that one of them was smart enough to call 911. Hence, I am not surprised by the message from A Mommy’s Butterfly Midwifery.

Also, the article mentioned that both Grandma Duggar and Jana were staying the night to help take care of "Quincy". Poor Grandma Duggar. I wonder if she had to go back to laundry duty in the morning. Why couldn't Michelle or Jinger spend the night? Michelle doesn't have little ones anymore.

Finally, labor was so rough for Jessa that she wanted an epidural and told Ben she would not be having anymore children. She has since changed her mind. I wonder if any of this will be shown on her special. They have to wait to adopt because they now have an infant. I don't picture Jessa having 19 children after this experience.

"I didn't want to respond in this forum but due to the overwhelming support and calls and emails. We were not Jessa Seewald's midwives. I am sad that Jessa suffered a post partum hemhorrage. I am happy that Jessa and "Quincy" are home,safe and sound. Both Jessa and Jill made decisions that do not fairly reflect home birth nor the care of the midwives in this state. But what matters most is Healthy Baby, Healthy Mama!"

Woah, throwing some serious shade there!

After reading the People Magazine article about Jessa and the birth of baby "Quincy" I was shocked. Jessa didn't actually have a "real midwife". According to the article, her midwives were Michelle, Guinn, Jana, and Jinger. I hate to tell People but they are not midwives; their family members. They don't have the training or certification. I would rather have Jill than Michelle. Is Jim Bob really that cheap? Jessa is lucky that one of them was smart enough to call 911. Hence, I am not surprised by the message from A Mommy’s Butterfly Midwifery.

Also, the article mentioned that both Grandma Duggar and Jana were staying the night to help take care of "Quincy". Poor Grandma Duggar. I wonder if she had to go back to laundry duty in the morning. Why couldn't Michelle or Jinger spend the night? Michelle doesn't have little ones anymore.

Finally, labor was so rough for Jessa that she wanted an epidural and told Ben she would not be having anymore children. She has since changed her mind. I wonder if any of this will be shown on her special. They have to wait to adopt because they now have an infant. I don't picture Jessa having 19 children after this experience.

I just saw this on Pickles and wanted to come here and see if this had been discussed, as I might have missed it.

This isn't that surprising to me, that her attendants were her family. When Anna went into labor with Kenzie and their doctor was away, they decided to nix their hospital plans and go with a homebirth (which might have been their actual plan all along? I don't really know. That's how they portrayed it on the show). It was attended by Michelle, Jill, and Mrs. Query, with Joshie acting as the midwife and doing the actual delivering.

I feel like that delivery was the beginning of the end for Duggar spawn births in that now they're all birthed at home with minimally trained midwives/just family attending.

This makes me curious about who attended Meredith's birth. Was it someone qualified? Was it someone she had birthed with before? Or was it just Michelle and Josh each grabbing a leg and telling her to push?

Given the choice of a woman who had 19 births and has no real education vs. a CPM with no real education but who has at least attended a ton of births, I'd scarily go with the CPM. Wouldn't be my first choice, though. I'm talking an emergency situation.

Woah, throwing some serious shade there!

Good for them! I wouldn't want that kind of negativity surrounding my business because those two airheads decided to go it alone. How fucking stupid. I am all for SAFE home births attended by a QUALIFIED midwife, preferably one with a Masters Degree. But to not have anyone there who is medically trained is just the most idiotic, most reckless thing I have ever heard. Especially when they can more than afford it. 

I seem to remember reading that Caillou means "bald" in French (maybe French Canadian)?  I just assumed h had alopecia, yet nobody talks about it. But yeah, I always wondered why he was bald.  He didn't annoy me as much as Dora.  Barney is a whole other ballgame. 

So...is Bin supposedly still working for Boob?  Or is he a Stay-at-home-grifter?  He did get an associate's degree, so perhaps he is actually working on a bachelor's degree.  If he's smart, he'd do it in a useful field like accounting, but I won't be holding my breath.  How does he plan to support Blessa's make-up bills?

In French "caillou" means a pebble or small stone. I always thought it was a reference to how stubborn the character was. 

Looking it up just now, you're right, it's also used in a common phrase to mean completely bald. 

Its really amazing to think, but you could probably homeschool your child on freejinger alone and they'd get a better education than most fundies.  Between all the reading, history, religious, and literature references we go pretty deep!

True. There is another site,Stuff Fundies Like, that many of you would probably enjoy. It is a very intelligent snark site of mostly former fundies that I have learned so much from all while LMAO.

Is there a thread somewhere about the housing situations? Are we assuming that Benessa and baby Quincy (you will never get me to call him The Other Name...NEVER!!!) have moved back into the fancy pool mansion, or was the name announcement just shot there? Is this Boobs plan -- have all his kids birth in the Moldy House, then promote them to the Fancy Pool Mansion?

"Get your deal here, folks! Now up for sale is the actual Duggar house where 90% of the Duggars have given birth or been born! Comes with original TUB! Own a piece of television fame!!!!11!!1!!!!"

actually when i first saw this my thought was why wasn't jinger there instead of jana?? aren't jinger and jessa BFFs? You would think Jessa would rather have her bff staying the night to take care of little sea cucumber...

HAHAHAHA That is beautiful.  

I really hope the Duggies wise up, but even after Jill's experience, they did the same thing. I hope the girls all live through their deliveries. All in all a sad situation for them. 

Good for them! I wouldn't want that kind of negativity surrounding my business because those two airheads decided to go it alone. How fucking stupid. I am all for SAFE home births attended by a QUALIFIED midwife, preferably one with a Masters Degree. But to not have anyone there who is medically trained is just the most idiotic, most reckless thing I have ever heard. Especially when they can more than afford it. 

Plus they probably didn't have quality pre-natal care!   

Any certified Actuarial Professionals want to add here the mortality rate for mothers and babies 100 years ago!!1!!1!  Who in their right mind would want to go back to that?

I really hope the Duggies wise up, but even after Jill's experience, they did the same thing. I hope the girls all live through their deliveries. All in all a sad situation for them. 

I doubt they will wise up. It sounds extremely cynical, but I don't think they give a rat's ass about their daughters' health or safety. I really do think it's going to take a daughter dying or a baby being born with severe disabilities due to untreated/undetected abnormalities or a complicated birth for them to realize that what they're doing is the medical equivalent of putting a fork in an electrical socket. Though then again, dead daughter or disabled baby = MOAR SPECIALS AND PEOPLE COVERS = $$$$, so maybe even those things wouldn't stop them.

Well now. What a ringing endorsement for Jill's burgeoning midwife career.

Well now. What a ringing endorsement for Jill's burgeoning midwife career.

I hope Jill puts that quote on any pamphlets she makes for advertising. I would soooo choose her as a midwife with that kind of endorsement :my_dodgy:

And, of course, THEIR SONS do not have to endure this risk personally now do they?

Only the daughters. I do find this very sad. I will not look forward to hearing of any more pregnancies, but I guess I will hear about them anyway. Sigh.

Just leaving this here in case it gets "edited."  I partially obscured the posters but it was a public page.  This speaks volumes about the current relationship between the Duggars and "a mommy's butterfly."  Clearly quite a bit has changed since they were on the show, teaching Jill, operating out of a Duggar home...

butterfly.jpg

If Calliou was my kid, I would probably be in jail. 

Even my three year old points out how naughty Calliou is. And he's not exactly an angel in his own right. lol

is there anyone out there who has experience with calvinism? because while i am familiar with their theology and the concept of the elect, i have never understood how it plays out rationally in people's every day lives.  what's the point of doing anything at all if you think you've been preordained for salvation before birth? why be a good person or even a good christian in that case, since you can't do anything to change it? also, what is the point of being "saved" if you're already marked for salvation?

I am not super knowledgeable, but here is what I know / suspect.

(a) This I know. Doing the right thing or being a good person isn't necessarily important, what is important is your relationship with Jesus. So if you are a Christian, as defined / decided by God, and commit murder but Jesus forgives you, that is OK. So, they can basically do whatever they want as long as they think / believe Jesus will forgive... it can hurt others and that is OK if they think / believe Jesus will forgive. That is the slippery slope in all of this IMO. [ETA I know a few really deeply good Christians who still value doing the deeply good thing, but sadly fewer than those that have a more nuanced view.]

(b) I suspect, that the rationale is that Jesus has 'chosen' (haha love this vis a vis their thoughts on Judaism :)) the elect, so whether you are a Christian and do wrong, or become a Christian after doing wrong, that was per-ordained, both the wrong doing and the being Christian, and God forgiving you because you are a Christian. You were 'chosen' either because whatever God knew you would do was deemed to be OK by God or you were 'chosen' and therefore whatever you do will be OK and God will forgive (not sure).

It's all sort of convoluted but I've given up on trying to understand the 'logic' in religion. The logic appears more to be "I was told" therefore such and such must be true (even if it contradicts each other) ... versus a true if, then type thought process of scenarios based on any empiracle information (which would be data or facts, which they don't really care much about).

I am not super knowledgeable, but here is what I know / suspect.

(a) This I know. Doing the right thing or being a good person isn't necessarily important, what is important is your relationship with Jesus. So if you are a Christian, as defined / decided by God, and commit murder but Jesus forgives you, that is OK. So, they can basically do whatever they want as long as they think / believe Jesus will forgive... it can hurt others and that is OK if they think / believe Jesus will forgive. That is the slippery slope in all of this IMO.

(b) I suspect, that the rationale is that Jesus has 'chosen' (haha love this vis a vis their thoughts on Judaism :)) the elect, so whether you are a Christian and do wrong, or become a Christian after doing wrong, that was per-ordained, both the wrong doing and the being Christian, and God forgiving you because you are a Christian. You were 'chosen' either because whatever you did was known to be OK by God or you were 'chosen' and therefore whatever you do will be OK and God will forgive (not sure).

It's all sort of convoluted but I've given up on trying to understand the 'logic' in religion. The logic appears more to be "I was told" therefore such and such must be true (even if it contradicts each other) ... versus a true if, then type thought process of scenarios based on any empiracle information (which would be data or facts, which they don't really care much about).

A big part of this is often looking for signs that you are chosen.  Praying often, preaching, acting like a good christian and so on are seen as signs of being one of the elect.  Therefore one should do these things, because it means you might have been chosen. . . 

It is hard to wrap your head around, at least for me.  Historically having monetary wealth was also a sign of being chosen.  

So how will the Jessa special spin this? Do they admit that there was no midwife? I assume it would have done so had Jessa not had to go to the hospital. Do they now just skip the whole labor and show Jessa and Spruge afterwards? I wonder if they will even address it. My guess is that the actual delivery/baby will take place the last 5 minutes of the special. 

This leads into my other thought. What now? The baby has been born, named and the two specials filmed and will air. Then what? What can there possibly be to talk about now? Honestly, other than FJ, there weren't likely to be many people that cared that Jessa was pregnant or what she named her baby, no matter how hard People Magazine/TLC try to make them relevant. The Paris attacks pretty much took away what little attention Jessa got. There really is no story to tell.

So I just don't see where they go from here reality show wise. The gimmick was a big family that did things differently. Now you have several little families that do exactly what we have already seen the big family do. And as much as I love babies, they do not make for interesting TV week after weak. A baby's skills are pretty much limited to sleeping, pooping and eating. Spurge and Izzy aren't th Olson twins that can carry a show. Jessa and Jill have nothing to offer to make a show interesting. They literally do not say anything interesting or do anything interesting to sustain interest.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived