IGNORED

Spurgeon? Jessa's Poor Baby Part 2

happy atheist

OMG - It's Spurgeon Elliott Seewald!

Methinks they should have spent MORE time on the first name!!

I honestly thought this was a joke and then I kept scrolling. Poor kid. That's so much worse than Albus Severus. I refuse to call this kid Spurgeon.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband and I have done it pretty much by ourselves with each kiddo, and we would have LOVED the help. When my grandchildren  are born, I will do whatever I can for as long as I can so that parents and baby can rest, nurse, and bond. I just can't understand all of the "how dare they get help" crap about this. 

Speaking only for myself, I think the help is ridiculous because Ben doesn't do anything. Jessa doesn't do anything. These two have nothing but time to rest and bond. Sitting around doing nothing (other than taking pictures, posting bible verses, and eating fast food) seems to be their day-to-day occupation; there's no evidence of work or having any real responsibilities other than this baby. They have nothing but time to devote to their new child.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, that's all. What on earth are they going to call him??

I accidentally hit "report post", I think it was me, sorry. DO NOT report post. 

You know, JBoob and Michelle don't look so stupid for the name Jinger anymore. Even if they are stupid for THOUSANDS of other reasons. Even if my computer still wants to autocorrect Jinger to Jigger. #babyspurge

It was seriously just an interruption clip on My Big Fat Fabulous Life.

FYI - explanations of names mine. not theirs.

I read that and I STILL wonder what the hell is going on. With all the decent names out there, THAT'S what they choose? 

I'm sorry but "Spurgeon Seewald" sounds like an exploding sea algae. Or an STD.

Does anybody know anything about these people? I've never heard of them. 

So in the video they say his nickname has been Quincy since before he was born -- does that mean that's going to be what they call him? Sure as hell beats Spurgeon. WHICH IS NOT A NAME, it is a misspelled fish.

ETA: Whoever edited the Wikipedia article thinks so -- he's listed as Spurgeon "Quincy" Elliot Seewald. 

:popcorn:

Since someone in Chat (i think) said that Spurgeon "sounds like a fish" ....

I nominate we call the baby "Fish Lips."    (gotta honor mama's endless selfies somehow!)

Why not Charles if they named him after Charles Spurgeon?! It's not even a nice-looking name, let alone sounding and I don't like to criticize name choices... I think of spooge. Ugh. 

Oh... my... goodness....

They had 6 days to come up with a name and that's the best they can do!!!!!!!!!!! Why couldn't they have used Elliot as the first name? Why?

Why not Charles if they named him after Charles Spurgeon?! It's not even a nice-looking name, let alone sounding and I don't like to criticize name choices... I think of spooge. Ugh. 

Ugh exactly what I thought. Charles Elliot is actually a nice, classic name.

Why do they hate their adorable little child so much? I hope when little Spurgie grows up he escapes as a fuck you to his parents.

And here we all were thinking it would be something anti-climatic and boring.

That's an awful name... If they nicknamed the baby Quincy all through the pregnancy (I didn't actually read that though, just on here), why not name him that?

I have a high tolerance for weird names but, no. That name is horrible and Jessa and Ben deserve all the mocking that will come their way over this.

I'm actually surprised that Jessa would go for something so ugly.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived