IGNORED

Spurgeon? Jessa's Poor Baby Part 2

happy atheist

OMG - It's Spurgeon Elliott Seewald!

Methinks they should have spent MORE time on the first name!!

OH MY GOD. Short of the weirdo who named his kid Adolf Hitler (the recent one, not the original), this is the worst baby name I have ever heard. I think I almost had an orgasm from how happy this fuckery makes me. Life is good. 'Cept for poor Spurge. Sounds like slang for semen.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurgeon Seewald. Wow.

I did call it months ago that it would be a boy named after a prominent protestant figure, but that wasn't hard to predict. I even guessed Charles, but I never would have thought anyone would name a kid Spurgeon.

Ugh. That baby and I have the same initials, but I think my name is 100 times better. Poor kid. Why not name him Eliot Spurgeon? At least he would've had a good first name.

Their Facebook posts make my head want to explode. I'm not one to correct on a misspelled word or grammar issue. I can be relaxed about structure. 

But for the love of all things holy, some of their posts drive me nuts. "Who's writing this? Who's all there? Are the omelets posting this? Someones going to lose an omelet. Maybe Michelle already had one of the omelets fall on the floor from the first flimsy plate and she rinsed it off? These are the second try. Why does it seem like Michelle is writing this and it sounds like someone else? Or Michelle speaking in third person at one point?" People, these are the things that go through the minds of people when your sentences are jacked the hell up.

Well, the omelet on the floor part was just me imagining that scenario because those paper plates suck ass. Those paper plates are good for three things: 1.) fanning yourself on a hot day  2.) stapling two together and filling them with dried beans to make yourself a maraca 3.) to use for a disposable paint palate.

If you want to see if your pizza will indeed end up topping side on the floor and/or test the 3 second rule, use those paper plates.   

They're kidding. They have to be kidding. Surely they decided to name the kid something else, but didn't want all the leghumpers doing their thang... Maybe they want to keep their child out of the spotlight and chose an absolutely ridiculous name to give the public while really his name is Benjamin Jr or Matthew or something normal like that.

Jessa is trolling, right!?

Guess that explains why it took so long to announce the name.

Who the he'll picked Spurgeon?

Now I am going to think of Anne of Green Gables Moody Spuregon with his googly eyes. Good lord! 

I want to think she's punking us.  I don't have to like the name but this is not even possible. And now i can't want for the next baby to hear the next name because at this rate x15 kids. Omg. It will be a shit show of names. 

Charles Spurgeon was a 19th century preacher; it could be after him? It wouldn't surprise me if Bin suggested it.

Edited for forgetting the word preacher!

Spurgeon 

Spur 

I wonder if it was a spur of the moment thing, I urge them to use Elliott 

Where did they get this name? I have never heard such a thing and I am cracking up every time I read the name "Spurgeon."  My fiance has no clue why I am laughing and care about this:pb_lol:

Where did they get this name? I have never heard such a thing and I am cracking up every time I read the name "Spurgeon."  My fiance has no clue why I am laughing and care about this:pb_lol:

Charles Spurgeon is a theologian. They've said they're doing a heroes of the faith theme.

Here's the clip talking about where they got the (horrible) name. And yeah...they must be living in the pool house.

Fish Lips.  Baby Fish Lips.

I'm mailing it in to the Arkansas Department of What the Hell.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived