IGNORED

Spurgeon? Jessa's Poor Baby Part 2

happy atheist

With global warming and deforestation, the use of paper plates is a pet peeve of mine. I don't even use them when camping. And at home I use cloth napkins.

Even the younger kids can wash plates. Or everyone has their own set (different colors or styles - plate, bowl, cup, utensils) and is responsible for their own.

This family is so wasteful.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello FJers --
Very lonnng-time lurker, first post.  Just have to bow down to all of you!  You'll never know how much joy you've brought me over the many months of lurking.  Even DH has figured out that if I start cackling excessively from another room - and can't be bothered to explain why - that I'm hanging out with you.  :)
Except for last night.  Which is when I switched over to hours of cray-cray with Chrisley Knows  Best.  Oh my hell.  Those freaks are a hoot!
Sadly, tonight's entertainment appears to be My Big Fat Fabulous Life.  Occasionally humorous, mostly just sad.
Carry on!

I just hope it was Michelle and not Jana who made those lackluster omelets, because if it was Jana, then that is not a ringing endorsement to potential Prince Charmings advertising her aptitude as a homemaker helpmeet, and I for one do not wish to see her stuck at the TTH making subpar omelets for the howlers much longer.

Not Jana, Grandma Michelle made those lacklustre omelettes.  And I agree with everyone above - why paper plates. Even though the house is crowded with all those visitors, it doesn't take long to wash up!

The paper plates drive me mad! I can kinda understand if you're super lazy and have a giant family etc, but cooking for 2 people? Not much washing up involved in 2 flipping proper plates!

I'm guessing Michelle made them, as Jana would be on baby duty. 

I just hope it was Michelle and not Jana who made those lackluster omelets, because if it was Jana, then that is not a ringing endorsement to potential Prince Charmings advertising her aptitude as a homemaker helpmeet, and I for one do not wish to see her stuck at the TTH making subpar omelets for the howlers much longer.

From what I've seen, the fundies don't seem to care about a lack of cooking skills, so long as you can make things like tatertot casserole and green beans from a can.

I wish someone could explain to me WHY Jessa and Jill each registered for (and received) "real" dishes.  Makes no sense since no one in that whole fam-damily can be bothered to wash a plate or two.
That being said - DH is our chief dishwasher (by his choice).  He, too, prefers paper plates.  I do not.
Upthread poster who mentioned that hot foods get soggy very quickly on paper plates is correct.  In all of my years making from-scratch meals for my family every single day, we still never used paper plates.

Didn't they have a couple of different sets of China on their wedding registry-- like daily and formal ware?

The idea of Ben and Jessa sleeping in their bed at night with the door closed while CinderJana takes care of the baby bothers me a lot.  It reminds of how Michelle and JB always put themselves first.  I guess that is going to be Jessa and Ben's role model for a good marriage. 

I'll never forget the first two weeks I had with my new daughter.  I had waited 8 years after the death of my first born and then I had her and there was so much joy.  I ended up having another Caesarian but that first night after she was born I held her on my chest all night. Then when we finally got to leave the hospital I moved into the nursery and slept with her for two weeks because my marriage bed was elevated and it was too hard to get in it because of  my stitches. She and I just slept and fed and slept and fed.  My mom was by in the day to make meals and clean and help bathe her granddaughter but otherwise we were pretty much on our own and it was bliss.

With global warming and deforestation, the use of paper plates is a pet peeve of mine. I don't even use them when camping. And at home I use cloth napkins.

Even the younger kids can wash plates. Or everyone has their own set (different colors or styles - plate, bowl, cup, utensils) and is responsible for their own.

This family is so wasteful.

You know, I kind of 'got' the paper plates when you were talking about 19 kids.  But just Jessa and Ben!!!  Anyway, surely the worst washing up is the pan etc - and I'm pretty sure you can't get paper frying pans.  Do they also use disposable cutlery or do they actually wash up knives and forks :)

So, Mama MEchelle was over and made omelettes for the new parents.   She wrote on the plates - Mommy Jessa and Daddy Ben.     On PAPER PLATES.   
What the hell is it with the paper plates for that family?    Even with people over to help with the baby are they using so many dishes that washing is a big deal? 

Sorry - but I feel that food on a paper plate just doesn't appeal.   Ok, a PB&J on those cheap plates.  But if you have to use them for a meal can't you at least get some decent stuff?    Sheeshh

I just had to quick say - I SO agree with you!  It's wasteful and it is not that hard to wash dishes.  Just keep up with it, GEEZ.  OMELETS on paper plates?  So gross.  So drippy and floppy.  So Duggar.  And so BinJessa, too, sadly.   

So, Mama MEchelle was over and made omelettes for the new parents.   She wrote on the plates - Mommy Jessa and Daddy Ben.     On PAPER PLATES.   
What the hell is it with the paper plates for that family?    Even with people over to help with the baby are they using so many dishes that washing is a big deal? 

Sorry - but I feel that food on a paper plate just doesn't appeal.   Ok, a PB&J on those cheap plates.  But if you have to use them for a meal can't you at least get some decent stuff?    Sheeshh

The plates don't bother me too much in daily life it your running to games practices etc.  But if your making a special breakfast for the parents (why for ben he does nothing he can fix the dang breakfast), wouldn't you want to put it on dishes, maybe grab some flowers etc?  Writing on the cheap paper plate juvenile which sums up michelle perfectly she asks like teen girl all the time.  Now onto the cooking she very rarely ever cooked at home and that is according to her own daughter so do we really think Michelle cooked them no just put the stupid childish name on a paper plate.  As for the name stall I'm over it.  They got kicked of the tv for all the crap they have done, Tlc decides to allow these two girls to come back on and is supporting them with all their stupid games.  Serioulsy they had names picked, if they decided he didn't look like name it doesn't take almost 10 days to pick another.  They think they are so popular and in demand that their fans will wait for anything.  Time to show this family no we don't care of support you anymore.  This is just plain annoying for gods sake Princess Kate named her kids quicker and she is someone Jessa and this family are nothing more than has beens. 

I tried to post this in the previous thread, but I guess it got lost.

One of the People articles says this:

"When I was in labor, I told Ben, 'Babe, we are not having any more kids after this,' " Jessa says, with a laugh. "I was teasing – we will have more kids. But in that moment of pain, I believed it!"

I had a similar moment just after the somewhat difficult birth of our first child.

But I don't think Jessa can have it both ways: EITHER she was teasing, OR she believed it. I'm inclined to believe that her labor was so hard that she really believed it.

Sadly, for those of us who hope the Duggars will stop over-populating the earth, women tend to gradually forget just how bad labor and delivery were. (I know I must have--within three years of the birth of our first, I was, by choice, pregnant with our second.) So my guess is that Jessa will obey the supposed dictates of God (and her uterus) and will be pregnant again within a year.

Despite her claims about wanting to adopt.

I'd also like to add that as a college student who also works, I have no dishwasher and so paper plates are super simple to me because I'm constantly on the go. But it just occurred to me that they have a complete home kitted out with a dishwasher, washer, and dryer AND they have help (via their mother and Janerella) so really...doing stuff like using paper plates is kind of unnecessary.  

From what I've seen, the fundies don't seem to care about a lack of cooking skills, so long as you can make things like tatertot casserole and green beans from a can.

add produce blessings one after another

Well, I would never judge a woman who says, "We're never having another kid."  Pregnancy and childbirth aren't very friendly for some of us.  And the thought of choosing to go through that torture again can be beyond imagination.
Disclaimer:  I, too, declared that with Thing-1's pregnancy (hereafter "T1") and meant it.  God had other plans.  And so T2 was born just a bit past a year later.
Wouldn't trade my two precious ones for anything - but never, ever again.

I vote we call him Baby Seaweed Seewald.  

God gave us seaweed, right? Sounds good to me!

I've been trying to keep up, but admittedly I might have missed a few posts during my work-time skimming. Any takers for Spongebob Seewald yet?

I don't know why they need the help.  Many of us had hard labors (36) emergency c section and it was me and my husband that was it.  Not sure where it came from that they are sleeping while icky and Jana are doing the baby duty but come on Ben is lazy and he should be helping with Jess.  Nothing like making her look more like a princess.  If you old enough to have kids then get up and take care of them or let dad do everything but feed them.  Funny Michelle didn't even take care of her  own kids but now is the dedicated grandmother.  What will happen when they have a second child shortly after have the whole family cater to them?  Again speaking as one that had a second child 12 months after my first and a second c section and again my husband and I did it no help. 

PennySycamore

I don't know if Jessa has risked out of future home birth because of her postpartum hemorrhage or not, but it can't be a point in her favor.  On the other hand, Jill most definitely risked out of future home birth.  Even most staunchly pro-VBAC people would agree with that.  VBAC is low-risk, but not no-risk.

I doubt it will stop Jill or Jessa or whom ever is the next daughter.  MEchelle had Jinger at home and this was after she had 1 c/section. 

Unless she had a different cut or there were other issues, Jill could have a home birth, I think it would be preferred that she had one hospital birth behind her, but I'm sure she can find one of her buddies to attend a home birth, while it's definitely not the safest option for her. 

When you barley have any counter space, paper plates make more sense. I have fiestaware but for just me... paper plates work. 

I am fairly certain we have seen Jill and Jessa use real dishes.

If Mama Duggar made and served the omelets, then she's the one who decided on paper plates. That has no bearing on Jessa and Ben. Michelle couldn't be bothered because then she would have to wash the plates. Better use paper plates and make less work of it.

Point taken.  Because even Michelle knows not to write with a Sharpie on "real" dishes.  Right?

I agree with whoever upthread mentioned the germ/smell factor with Sharpie next to your breakfast.  Ugh.

Perhaps FJ could petition the governmental department responsible for tracking baby names.
I nominate:
Leonard Kravitz Seewald

As I said in the other thread, I'm hoping for a Bradrick -type name and I think I've settled on what it should be: Triumph Thanksgiving Seewald. Until that glorious day I shall refer to the kid as Seespawn.

And there's no fucking excuse for paper plates and there's no reason for Jana or anyone else to be caring for that baby other than Jessa and Ben.

I don't know why they need the help.  Many of us had hard labors (36) emergency c section and it was me and my husband that was it.  Not sure where it came from that they are sleeping while icky and Jana are doing the baby duty but come on Ben is lazy and he should be helping with Jess.  Nothing like making her look more like a princess.  If you old enough to have kids then get up and take care of them or let dad do everything but feed them.  Funny Michelle didn't even take care of her  own kids but now is the dedicated grandmother.  What will happen when they have a second child shortly after have the whole family cater to them?  Again speaking as one that had a second child 12 months after my first and a second c section and again my husband and I did it no help. 

My husband and I have done it pretty much by ourselves with each kiddo, and we would have LOVED the help. When my grandchildren  are born, I will do whatever I can for as long as I can so that parents and baby can rest, nurse, and bond. I just can't understand all of the "how dare they get help" crap about this. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived