IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 4

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/12/2016 at 1:12 PM, fundiefan said:

To name a few who have and continue to do the merry go round of the Internet - Candy, Courtney, the Duggars-hell, they sold their souls then tried to hide when their uglies came to light,

Are you talking about the Candy who had a blog about putting together a homemaking notebook? (among other things... end-time prophecy, maybe?) I used to read her blog regularly, trying to figure out the secret of keeping a house clean and orderly. Never really figured it out while the kids were little, but I'm getting better without so many people to clean up after anymore.

I never did get the hang of training the kids to do the housework for me, the way so many fundies seem to.

On 5/21/2016 at 10:16 AM, withaj said:

Looks like they're doing a letter theme -- As for boys, Js for girls, opposite to their mom and dad.

I will say I like Joanna a whole lot more than Jenifer.

I hadn't noticed that they might be using J's for the girls and A's for the boys, which is opposite of Josiah's and Abi's first initials. I know, I don't exactly like the name Jenifer, especially because of how it's spelled.

I just read Emily Brower's blog post from yesterday. She is only 6 weeks along. I know it's a decision everyone has got to make on their own, but she is announcing REALLY early IMO.

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

I just read Emily Brower's blog post from yesterday. She is only 6 weeks along. I know it's a decision everyone has got to make on their own, but she is announcing REALLY early IMO.

I think that's really early to publicly announce too! It looks like she's excited for the baby and she was ready to start blogging again, so she just had to announce it.

15 hours ago, ophelia said:

She announced super early last time, too. She and I have been pregnant at the same time twice now (!), and I'm way ahead of her and still have a few people left to tell. To each her own; announcing almost immediately just isn't my style.

I just hope everything goes well for her and the baby. I can't imagine what it must be like to suffer from a miscarriage.

@darkplumaged congrats to you! I hope you are doing fine.

21 hours ago, ophelia said:

I just hope everything goes well for her and the baby. I can't imagine what it must be like to suffer from a miscarriage.

@darkplumaged congrats to you! I hope you are doing fine.

Thank you, @ophelia! This pregnancy has been easier than my first, so far, and the baby is doing well.

@darkplumaged
That's great to hear.

Emily Brower updated her blog again. They are still going down the homebirth route although their insurance doesn't really cover it. And didn't she have some severe complications with her last birth? The army is also giving them a new house, because she is pregnant.

Interesting that they joined the Army...they would have Tricare which is really good insurance but I don't know how they cover homebirths...I wonder where they are stationed.  I am not sure she had complications last time but at least they will have a steady income and housing provided.

13 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

Interesting that they joined the Army...they would have Tricare which is really good insurance but I don't know how they cover homebirths...I wonder where they are stationed.  I am not sure she had complications last time but at least they will have a steady income and housing provided.

From what I have heard and observed (as an LCSW), it's fairly uncommon for medical providers outside of large practices or the VA system to take Tricare because it's a bitch and a half to get paneled. They also reimburse quirkily and are often weird about covering not-strictly-medical services.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Tricare either doesn't cover homebirths or midwives outright or they can't find a midwife willing to deal with it. 

I was a military wife and had to get a waiver from Champus to be able to use a civilian provider. The only reason they allowed it was that our first was delivered stillborn at NRMC Oakland due to their negligence by letting me go post date by 3 weeks without intervention. There has to be a really good reason for them to approve it...

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

They are stationed in Fort Bragg, NC. Ben used to work for his father's landscaping business and had an additional job to take care of his family. Seems like he didn't make enough money to feed their growing brood. Sometime in 2015 G-d talked him into joining the army and since he and his whole family are uber-patriotic and his brother was stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan a few years ago it seemed to be a good fit.

16 hours ago, PaisleyMoonbeam said:

I was a military wife and had to get a waiver from Champus to be able to use a civilian provider. The only reason they allowed it was that our first was delivered stillborn at NRMC Oakland due to their negligence by letting me go post date by 3 weeks without intervention. There has to be a really good reason for them to approve it...

That is horrific. I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry if this comes out wrong or insensitive. I think a lot of fundies who blog are more likely to announce their pregnancy very early because they see miscarriages as the same as losing an already born child. So they would talk about losing an already born child on a blog so it makes sense they would announce very early knowing miscarriage is a possibility. And these people don't seem to be very private so announcing early probably isn't a big deal to them.

I believe they also announce early because for far too many of them, pregnancy is the ultimate goal; it's what they were born & bred for. They've accomplished their life's purpose with becoming pregnant and that is news to be shouted.

Jacinda from Growing Home had her fifth, Ezekiel this week.  This is her sixth pregnancy, fifth child.

Beth Beasley is expecting her 3rd. She posted an announcement on her instagram account.

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is this person former fundie? How do you know of her?

She is well known to FJ for years. You can search her and/or her husband. Brandy & Jason Cormier.

1 hour ago, Kitcae said:

Nathaniel & Katelyn Wahlquist just had their 2nd child, Emmaline Rose, this morning. They had their first baby, Kathryn, just less than a year ago on June 29th, 2015! Two children from separate pregnancies born within a year! :tw_astonished:

http://valkommenestate.blogspot.com/2016/06/shes-here.html

http://nathanielandkatelyn.blogspot.com/

Yikes! Irish twins! I can't imagine. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked and unpinned this topic

Archived