IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 4

1 hour ago, dramallama said:

I'm surprised Martha isn't pregnant with #2 yet (as far as we know).  Maybe it'll be a boy and she can name it Alexander Alexander and call it Zalex or Zander.

This is my new fondest wish.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katie was holding a newborn in a carrier in her MIL's FB.  No mention of name, date etc but we know she was pregnant so there you go...8 babies in a little over 10 years of marriage......because that's healthy on every level for all involved.

On June 11, 2016 at 8:00 PM, fundiefan said:

Kennedy has been married 8 months and is 8 months pregnant. She isn't posting herself but she keeps popping up in other's IG feeds. She seems happy, but of course she is; she knows nothing else. 

Alyssa is now just over two months married. She has GOT to be cooking a new human. She isn't posting either, but come on, she's a Morton. Short of a 'condition', she is pregnant. 

Mortons plan their weddings around the female fertility schedule. As far as I can tell, there isn't a Morton alive - by marriage or birth - who hasn't reproduced by their first wedding anniversary. They get married merely for the sake of breeding, after all,. 

I'm fascinated by the fundie ability to get pregnant within weeks of getting hitched. My guess is it's a combination of youth, genetics and tons of sweet fellowship to make up for barely being allowed to touch each other pre-marriage. (And yes, I have wondered if some of these people are planning weddings around menstrual cycles to maximize the chance for a honeymoon baby.)

31 minutes ago, QuiverFullOfTacos said:

(And yes, I have wondered if some of these people are planning weddings around menstrual cycles to maximize the chance for a honeymoon baby.)

Is there any chance they're NOT doing this? Way too many honeymoon babies for it to have "just happened" so many times.

Just now, hoipolloi said:

Is there any chance they're NOT doing this? Way too many honeymoon babies for it to have "just happened" so many times.

Considering the families met to pick a date for Martha & Tayte, complete with both daddy's praying about it, I am pretty sure they do exactly thst.

Also saw a picture of Katie from Saturday and she has not popped yet.

2 hours ago, QuiverFullOfTacos said:

I'm fascinated by the fundie ability to get pregnant within weeks of getting hitched. My guess is it's a combination of youth, genetics and tons of sweet fellowship to make up for barely being allowed to touch each other pre-marriage. (And yes, I have wondered if some of these people are planning weddings around menstrual cycles to maximize the chance for a honeymoon baby.)

I have to admit that if I ever marry I'll plan my wedding date around my menstrual cycle too. Not necessarily to get pregnant on my wedding night, but to avoid having my period while walking down the aisle in a beautiful white gown ;-)

I planned my cycle around my wedding. We knew the venue we wanted, so we had to take available dates. Once the date was known, 11 months in advance, I manipulated my pills to change my cycle. It worked, too. As it turned out I really only needed to give myself a few days 'to be sure'. My period ended 4 days before the wedding, giving me a carefree honeymoon.

Fundies don't have long engagements; once the ring is on her finger, the wedding is at most, 3 or 4 months away. There is no time to adjust anything. So, they plan for the way it is and again, I have no doubt whatsoever that they plan specifically for honeymoon conception.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Fundies don't have long engagements; once the ring is on her finger, the wedding is at most, 3 or 4 months away. There is no time to adjust anything. So, they plan for the way it is and again, I have no doubt whatsoever that they plan specifically for honeymoon conception.

How would they adjust anything? They cannot take evil birth control pills.....

1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

How would they adjust anything? They cannot take evil birth control pills.....

You are correct.

And that is a perfect example of how the common sense world of most people can never fit into a fundi world. There is always something someone forgets or some rule that makes zero sense and anyone's argument falls apart. Now that I actually say that, I wouldn't be surprised if it were, in fact, part of their doctrine. If you can't dazzle them with your special godliness/hand picked by god religion, then baffle the hell out of them with rules.

Do the Mortons also follow the no fellowship while menstruating? Then they would definitely pick the date to be safely after the first week but not to many days because then they'd be unnecessarily delaying marriage and babies. Prime ovulation time.

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Do the Mortons also follow the no fellowship while menstruating? Then they would definitely pick the date to be safely after the first week but not to many days because then they'd be unnecessarily delaying marriage and babies. Prime ovulation time.

I don't think it has ever been addressed specifically, but they do follow the "woman is always available" line of thought. I suppose if the headship wants it during shark week, they do it. 

Sorry if this is a gross question but do fundies believe that tampons and diva cups are bad? 

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sorry if this is a gross question but do fundies believe that tampons and diva cups are bad? 

It's been brought up here sometimes, and I wonder as well! Some say it verges on a little too personal (especially if we're talking about particular fundie girls), but most anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that at least for maiden arrows, they are probably discouraged from using them. I have never known any fundies very well, but when I was in high school, even girls on the outskirts of purity culture were against using tampons because that obviously indicates your virginity is lost as well :pb_rollseyes:

I am more curious about period sex rules... I have heard hasidic jewish people tend to have so many kids because they strictly do not have sex for 10 days after the start of a period. So, by the time that's passed a lot of folks are really ready to rumble again, and just in time for that fertile window. 

I remember hearing that Michelle and JB Duggar don't do it for 40 or 80 days after the childbirth, depending on the baby's sex. I don't know if that's a Gothard rule or a biblical one, but I imagine there are similar standards applied to periods. Of course the headship has final say in whatever God wants though.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Two of the fundy-lite families that I've followed over the years have specifically mentioned using reusable pads and liners. No comment was made on the alternatives, so I'm not sure if they are viable options, or taboo for other reasons. 

I wasn't raised fundy by any measure, and my mother thought that any insertable item was bad. I was specifically told that tampons were for "fast girls", and she refused to buy them for me. (I bought them black-market from my friend Michelle.) 

15 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I remember hearing that Michelle and JB Duggar don't do it for 40 or 80 days after the childbirth, depending on the baby's sex. I don't know if that's a Gothard rule or a biblical one, but I imagine there are similar standards applied to periods. Of course the headship has final say in whatever God wants though.

I think in the Old Testament it is said that you should obstain from sex for 40 days if the newborn baby is a boy and for 80 days when it is a girl.

7 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Lots of fundies use tampons, though diva cups are more popular with the crunchy gals. 

I figured diva cups would be great for fundies since they all seem to like to be frugal and it saves money in the long run. 

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I figured diva cups would be great for fundies since they all seem to like to be frugal and it saves money in the long run. 

My first thought after reading your post was "buy used, save the difference." I hope this doesn't apply for diva cups, though. ;)

Oh please no!!! Too many images in my head!! That would be too bad.

I always thought that fundie girls might not be able to use tampons, because it would mean too much inappropriate touching in the eyes of their douchebag fathers. Because using tampons comes really close to female masturbation. Right?

Not. at. all.

John Clay Burnett and his wife Sarah has their first Eric Steadfast ( yes really) on June 11th.  They were married last August so do the math.  They are an ATI family we have discussed on occasion.

6 hours ago, Kak said:

Steadfast is a great fundie name.

It's so harmonious, with his cousins named Evan Trust and Ransom.. I can't find Ransom middle name but I'm curious.......

Kennedy Decker Morton announced her baby's name: Mia Jayden. She's 36 weeks along, and recently had a 3-D ultrasound. That surprises me a bit, since it suggests that she is receiving more pre-natal care than many of her SIL's. 

Mia Morton... well, I actually like the sound of that name. At least it is a whole lotta better than Alexandria Alexander! Really, WTF were Marth & her man child Tayte thinking... Jayden, on the other hand, sounds way too trendy for a Morton. Actually, I thought it's a boy's name but apparently it is not.

49 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Kennedy Decker Morton announced her baby's name: Mia Jayden. She's 36 weeks along, and recently had a 3-D ultrasound. That surprises me a bit, since it suggests that she is receiving more pre-natal care than many of her SIL's. 

You don't have to have prenatal care to get an ultrasound. There are clinics that do them, without doctors orders. 3D & 4D particularly. And they're freaking expensive. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked and unpinned this topic

Archived