IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 4

16 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Perry replied to someone that Kim is due in mid November.

It is on Kim C's public Facebook page now: https://www.facebook.com/inashoeblog/

jeezus, I was hoping #12 would be her last since she's at least 43 now.  

Also a cute pic of one of her girls with green hair.  Don't stand next to Erin Bates Paine, edgy girl!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

of course she is...how long before that poor woman "loses it"? Isn't that about 8 in 9 years.....? The Mortons/Smiths scare me, they are living out the Quiverfull lifestyle in full force.

If a S'morton woman isn't nursing a baby of less than 4 months,it's pretty safe to presume she's pregnant.

2 hours ago, uber frau said:

If [it's] a S'morton woman isn't nursing a baby of less than 4 months, it's pretty safe to presume she's pregnant.

Fixed that for you.

Oh, a race! Who will out breed the Duggars? Courtney or Kaite? Pretty much neck & neck right now, with both on #8. 

Checked the Morton blog....they were married 10 years on the 8th of April so yeah, 8 kids in a little over ten years. That's nuts, how can they think that is healthy for her and her children?

I don't think that they care.

Kressent is one baby behind Katie but she's a few years younger and I think she'll beat her.  Ultimately though, I think Courtney will win. She started later than both of them but she's producing babies at a faster rate (#8 is due a bit before #1 turns 7) and hasn't slowed down.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Oh, a race! Who will out breed the Duggars? Courtney or Kaite? Pretty much neck & neck right now, with both on #8. 

Interesting... Kressant is still in the race, too, plus I think she was a little younger than Katie when she got married. It's entirely possible that she will out-breed them all.

Courtney's uterine game is strong now, but she made the rookie mistake of getting married AFTER her childhood was over, hence cutting into valuable baby-making time. On the other hand, she's out-pacing Kressant and Katie at her current rate. This one will be close. Courtney just turned 30, and may have another year or two of Annual Arrows, but after that, she'll likely slow down to 18-month or even (gasp!) 2-year gaps between little monosyllabic C's. Kress and Katie have both been solidly in 18-month gaps for the past few years. Katie is 34 or 35. Mama Morton had her last child when she was around 44-45. Katie may have another 10 years of fertility left.

I think my money is on Courtney for a few reasons: she's determined to have a million kids, twins apparently run in the family, and she has hospital births. If either Kress or Katie had a birth injury or problem after a delivery, it may never be diagnosed or treated. It may not be life-threatening, but their fertility could be compromised in a way that isn't easily detected by a midwife using portable equipment. To date, no Morton has produced a multiple birth. The law of averages is bound to catch up with them eventually, but it seems unlikely to be a common phenomenon in the future based on their output so far. 

^^^^Excellent summary, Solomon Fundy, but GODDAMN it's depressing.

On the Mortons Are Back From Paraguay thread, posters are listing some "best of" from the Morton Clan blogs. 

Found this one from some years ago when Rachel went into labor at 35 weeks while on bed rest. 

I am back at their house....she [Rachel] is about 7 cm, and is having some back labor. Nana and I just prayed together for her, and Little Man....Kressant, Mama and Dorothy are in the bed room helping her, and Daddy is giving Wesley a crashcourse on how to deliver a baby, if he still plans to stay home....I smile to myself...Daddy is so cool and calm. But of cource he always is. He is so great! Wesley is following his footsteps wonderfully. I've called the Smiths, they are on their way!!

re: bolded - OMG WTF are these people thinking? Are they that delusional? Fortunately, Wesley's brain started working the Lord told Wesley to get their asses to the hospital:

It is 9:30, and we are in the car, (Daddy, Mama, Martha, the little boys and I} following Wesley and Rachel to the hospital~Wesley felt the direction of the Lord to drive to the hospital so they could either stop the labor or help deliver the baby and give him any medical help he might need afterwards.....We are so proud of Wesley, hearing the Lord's direction and being wise and prudent..

How convenient that the Lord finally chimed in so as not to allow them to be medically negligent parents to an unborn child!

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

On the Mortons Are Back From Paraguay thread, posters are listing some "best of" from the Morton Clan blogs. 

Found this one from some years ago when Rachel went into labor at 35 weeks while on bed rest. 

re: bolded - OMG WTF are these people thinking? Are they that delusional? Fortunately, Wesley's brain started working the Lord told Wesley to get their asses to the hospital:

And, if I recall correctly, Wesley and Rachel's next baby was born the following year at home. The Good Lord apparently didn't make time to counsel Wesley on common sense that particular day.

Cleve and Lise have had all of their babies in a hospital, which is interesting considering that none of the other Morton offspring or spouses have preferentially given birth anywhere other than their own home. They also have longer spacing between births than their contemporaries in the family. I wonder if Lise has a known medical issue, or if they are actively preventing some months. Kennedy and Andrew will be setting the stage for the next batch of "young marrieds", though I'm inclined to think she'll attempt a home birth too. Clearly, Martha has elected to do her birthin' at home, like her sisters.

Also, is anyone else flabbergasted that Martha hasn't announced a second pregnancy? Zandry will turn one on September 23, a little over 5 months from now. That's possibly a Morton Miracle. She doesn't look preggers in any of the recent Instagram pics (not that there are any distinct angles), and none of the shots of her from the recent Alexander family blog post show any signs, either. 

I won't be surprised about no pregnancy announcement until Zandry (ugh) turns one. Martha doesn't have an established track record yet. 

I can just imagine God in heaven facepalming over the stoooopid people who consult with him. "Go to the hospital, you moronic arsehat! You're wife's in labour!"

On 4/9/2016 at 6:44 PM, Kira said:

Did anyone see Addie's IG profile pic? Katie Smith is expecting #8

Is her IG public? What's the name she goes by? 

34 minutes ago, JMO said:

Is her IG public? What's the name she goes by? 

It's private. adeline_grace91

ETA: Katie Smith is 33, Kressant will be 30 in July and I think Courtney is 31 or 32

Lance and Megan Seppi just had their second, Nadia Frances.  She was born at home of course and is only 13 months apart from their first.  The crazy continues with this family.....

15 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Lance and Megan Seppi just had their second, Nadia Frances.  She was born at home of course and is only 13 months apart from their first.  The crazy continues with this family.....

I predict an insane number of kids from these two. Lance is, shall we say, "out of his league" with Megan-- after many years of adult celibacy-- and one can only imagine how he pesters the poor woman for constant gratification. 

On April 11, 2016 at 9:31 PM, SolomonFundy said:

And, if I recall correctly, Wesley and Rachel's next baby was born the following year at home. The Good Lord apparently didn't make time to counsel Wesley on common sense that particular day.

Cleve and Lise have had all of their babies in a hospital, which is interesting considering that none of the other Morton offspring or spouses have preferentially given birth anywhere other than their own home. They also have longer spacing between births than their contemporaries in the family. I wonder if Lise has a known medical issue, or if they are actively preventing some months. Kennedy and Andrew will be setting the stage for the next batch of "young marrieds", though I'm inclined to think she'll attempt a home birth too. Clearly, Martha has elected to do her birthin' at home, like her sisters.

Also, is anyone else flabbergasted that Martha hasn't announced a second pregnancy? Zandry will turn one on September 23, a little over 5 months from now. That's possibly a Morton Miracle. She doesn't look preggers in any of the recent Instagram pics (not that there are any distinct angles), and none of the shots of her from the recent Alexander family blog post show any signs, either. 

Isn't Lise's father a doctor? I thought that was why she had hospital births. She may also just naturally have longer spacing between babies. I breastfed my three exclusively and on demand until 9 months and didn't get a period until 10 months postpartum. We are comparing her fertility to her Morton sister-in-laws, but not everyone has the fertility of a rabbit. :face_rabbit:

1 hour ago, Sydney Fox said:

Isn't Lise's father a doctor? I thought that was why she had hospital births. She may also just naturally have longer spacing between babies. I breastfed my three exclusively and on demand until 9 months and didn't get a period until 10 months postpartum. We are comparing her fertility to her Morton sister-in-laws, but not everyone has the fertility of a rabbit. :face_rabbit:

Lise's father is a doctor, but I'm not sure how much bearing that had on her birth preferences. Her brother's instagram last year had a couple of posts related to a head wound he sustained at work. He drove himself to his parents' home instead of going to the closest hospital so that his mother and father could stitch it up in the kitchen. I'd probably do the same thing if I had a parent who could spare me an ER visit and an insurance bill, but it does speak to a certain expectation of self-sufficiency in the family.

Good point about her fertility. Frankly, I tend to forget that they aren't all cut from the same fertile cloth since the other women who married into the clan are just as fecund as the Morton-born.

Dorothy has only just had her third in nearly 5 years. She's 25&the only one who wasn't pg within 45 seconds of sayimg her vows.

When Katie was her age,she was producing a baby every year. 

Does anyone know how far apart the Smith bio-kids were spaced? The girls all seem to be super duper fertile.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked and unpinned this topic

Archived