IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 4

Are any of you familiar with Mrs Rabe from Creekside Cottage? Not sure if her family is considered fundie lite. Her daughter Emma was already prepped & had a semester of college paid for last fall...but for some reason she was having "feelings" about not returning to school. These were "feelings" that didn't make sense to her at the time. So she didn't go back to school. But guess what...a few weeks later she's engaged and got married Dec 29th. Now we have a little honeymoon baby on the way. Am I the only one who thinks she ditched school because she was in LOVE & distracted. But in Emma's world "God" told her she shouldn't go back to school but instead get married & have a baby ASAP. Her older sister has been married for years & no baby yet.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Is that the Mrs Rabe that was a frequent commenter on the old Morton blogs?

Yes. She actually visited the Morton farm a few years back. One of her daughters even wrote a blog post about how impressed  she with how "hard working & mature" the Morton boys  were. She actually dissed about how she wouldn't be interested in a guy who plays video games all day. Hey I know quite a few young men who work hard AND play video games.

Katie's pregnancy has been known for a while. 

But, even if it hadn't been visually confirmed, it would be a pretty safe bet to say she is expecting anyway. She's a S'Morton. It's her job to make the babies. 

5 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Yes. She actually visited the Morton farm a few years back. One of her daughters even wrote a blog post about how impressed  she with how "hard working & mature" the Morton boys  were. She actually dissed about how she wouldn't be interested in a guy who plays video games all day. Hey I know quite a few young men who work hard AND play video games.

Thank you for the explanation. Is she some kind of a Morton leghumper that discovered the family through their blog or is she a real life aquaintance of them? She was such a HUGE fangirl back when they were still updating. It was quite irritating. Just like she had a crush on them.

Jasmin Baucham Holmes had her son yesterday. Walter Wynn Holmes.

Cute name, cute baby, asshole grandfather.

I can't tell if Rebecca Serven Loomis is pregnant in their FB photo. I know she has struggled and gained quite a bit of weight so no snark here at all...I feel sorry for her, I know they all say the size of their "quiver" doesn't matter but you all know damn well it does to them..to have to suffer with miscarriages and weight gain and two small children must be hard.

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

I can't tell if Rebecca Serven Loomis is pregnant in their FB photo. I know she has struggled and gained quite a bit of weight so no snark here at all...I feel sorry for her, I know they all say the size of their "quiver" doesn't matter but you all know damn well it does to them..to have to suffer with miscarriages and weight gain and two small children must be hard.

Oh, gosh. She has gained so much weight recently that it's impossible to say. I wonder what's going on with her health. I went from skinny to chunky, too, but it was over a period of many years, and I don't eat as healthfully as I imagine she does. I feel for her--major body changes on top of miscarriages and infertility must be very difficult.

Holy shitskies, Batman!  How ARE all of these people?  *scurried off to investigate via Dr. Google*

1 hour ago, darkplumaged said:

Oh, gosh. She has gained so much weight recently that it's impossible to say. I wonder what's going on with her health. I went from skinny to chunky, too, but it was over a period of many years, and I don't eat as healthfully as I imagine she does. I feel for her--major body changes on top of miscarriages and infertility must be very difficult.

She's had a very hard time with at least 5 pregnancies, only 2 of them lasting to term & live birth. I also feel for her.

The quiverful stuff is so destructive -- it must be even harder to live with as belief system when you're one of nine, your sisters seem to have kids easily & quickly, but you miscarry more often than not.

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

She's had a very hard time with at least 5 pregnancies, only 2 of them lasting to term & live birth. I also feel for her.

The quiverful stuff is so destructive -- it must be even harder to live with as belief system when you're one of nine, your sisters seem to have kids easily & quickly, but you miscarry more often than not.

I cannot imagine the amount of pressure women like Rebecca that suffer from infertility or other health issues must feel. It is indeed so destructive and it's getting even worse by not allowing these women to see a therapist or get any kind of professional help since this would be considered to be ungodly. Sick sick sick!

I saw some pictures of Rebecca and was shocked.  But maybe she is taking fertility drugs? Or are those a big no-no in her family?

I just feel for her, miscarriages are never easy and must be even harder if your sole purpose in life is to have babies....

I don't think they would ever take fertility drugs.... the thing that drives me nuts is it can't be healthy to miscarry over and over again...I am sure your God wants you to be healthy, enjoy the family you have and preventing pregnancy is NOT a sin.....It also must be hard because the expectation is they stay skinny even after multiple pregnancies.  I have a soft spot for Rebecca I really do.

59 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

I don't think they would ever take fertility drugs.... the thing that drives me nuts is it can't be healthy to miscarry over and over again...I am sure your God wants you to be healthy, enjoy the family you have and preventing pregnancy is NOT a sin.....It also must be hard because the expectation is they stay skinny even after multiple pregnancies.  I have a soft spot for Rebecca I really do.

I've never actually understood how the women who stay skinny manage to do it. And it must be hard to find motivation to workout and diet after having a baby when you know you're just getting knocked up in three to nine months anyway.

Struggling with weight is hard enough. It must be even harder when you're part of a religious movement that puts an emphasis on women being physically attractive for their husbands.

I've also wondered how QF-ers view situations when God says the quiver is full after 2 or 3 kids. I wonder how many couples who end up with smaller families through no choice of their own end up staying in the movement.

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 2:19 PM, withaj said:

She was Sarah Girotti, do we know her married name? Or are you just using Girotti for simplicity?

Her married name is Husulandorf.....

On 6/8/2016 at 9:10 AM, QuiverFullOfTacos said:

Struggling with weight is hard enough. It must be even harder when you're part of a religious movement that puts an emphasis on women being physically attractive for their husbands.

I've also wondered how QF-ers view situations when God says the quiver is full after 2 or 3 kids. I wonder how many couples who end up with smaller families through no choice of their own end up staying in the movement.

Surprisingly, there are at least some. They tend to be quietly pitied and treated as second-class citizens even while the "leadership" is proclaiming that there is no second-class citizenship based on the number of children in a family.

BTDT.

3 hours ago, refugee said:

Surprisingly, there are at least some. They tend to be quietly pitied and treated as second-class citizens even while the "leadership" is proclaiming that there is no second-class citizenship based on the number of children in a family.

BTDT.

I have not found that to be the case, generally. 

Kennedy has been married 8 months and is 8 months pregnant. She isn't posting herself but she keeps popping up in other's IG feeds. She seems happy, but of course she is; she knows nothing else. 

Alyssa is now just over two months married. She has GOT to be cooking a new human. She isn't posting either, but come on, she's a Morton. Short of a 'condition', she is pregnant. 

Mortons plan their weddings around the female fertility schedule. As far as I can tell, there isn't a Morton alive - by marriage or birth - who hasn't reproduced by their first wedding anniversary. They get married merely for the sake of breeding, after all,. 

@fundiefan I think Darth was pregnant but not yet a mom at her first wedding anniversary.  What I find even more amazing is that Katie and Kressant both had 2 at their 2nd anniversary.  Yikes. 

I'm surprised Martha isn't pregnant with #2 yet (as far as we know).  Maybe it'll be a boy and she can name it Alexander Alexander and call it Zalex or Zander.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked and unpinned this topic

Archived