IGNORED

Teri Maxwell gets passive aggressive about the ABC girls

anjulibai

I just wasted more time that I care to admit reading that blog...omg. Is there anything they talk about other than Jesus and doing things as a family? I would have long ago gone insane, had I grown up in that family. I feel so bad for all the children that are being brought into that hell on earth.

I just posted something similar on another thread. The boredom is almost too much to endure! I can't handle it. II have my own relationship with God and I have conversations all day long without talking about "the Lord" or "our wonderful Creator" *gag* I can't take it!And if I were around my family that often surely something terrible would happen! I just can't imagine their reality... It's beyond horrifying.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG, Nathan's linkedin:

No it's not, it's just you talking down to your readers. Because they wouldn't understand difficult words such as "IT infrastructure" and need a translation :roll:

OMG, Nathan's linkedin:

The fuck is this dribble? Does he really think this sounds professional?

And good God, the grammar! "alot" "small business" "SMB's" ????

If this were just a quick text or email I wouldn't say anything, but one's resume? He didn't think to have his published, professional writer sister ( :roll: ) take a quick looksy? I can't decide if this is a result of arrogance or an even shittier education than I thought.

I don't know how Nate, Chris, and Joe could get 9-5 full time IT jobs with another company since they don't have college degrees.

There's been a post up about Jesse's birthday, which they properly celebrated last Thursday. The ABC girls feature, as per, as does Josh, and Drew is visible in the background of one of the pictures. No sign of Ruthie and Lydia, as ever. No real indication of what they did, either. Anna made pepperoni strombolis, and there was the usual cake and present opening. Apparently Tina really likes being in pictures.

Seems a typical Maxwell birthday. Special dinner, special dessert, special presents, special Bible time, special family time, blah, blah, blah.

Perhaps Christopher and Anna don't want their girls on the blog? That's the only reason I can think Ruthie and Lydia are rarely featured.

I don't know why, but I'm really amused by the fact that Christina is slightly taller than her same aged cousin.

...snipped...

The fuck is this dribble? Does he really think this sounds professional?

And good God, the grammar! "alot" "small business" "??

If this were just a quick text or email I wouldn't say anything, but one's resume? He didn't think to have his published, professional writer sister ( :roll: ) take a quick looksy? I can't decide if this is a result of arrogance or an even shittier education than I thought.

We don't know that Poor Sarah *didn't* edit it!

Now, that's a chilling thought. But I'm used to those, vis-a-vis Maxhell.

Seems a typical Maxwell birthday. Special dinner, special dessert, special presents, special Bible time, special family time, blah, blah, blah.

Perhaps Christopher and Anna don't want their girls on the blog? That's the only reason I can think Ruthie and Lydia are rarely featured.

I don't know why, but I'm really amused by the fact that Christina is slightly taller than her same aged cousin.

No cake and the cheapest ice cream on the planet. Why did they needed the convenience of home? Can't they at least splurge on good ice cream for a birthday?

No cake and the cheapest ice cream on the planet. Why did they needed the convenience of home? Can't they at least splurge on good ice cream for a birthday?

Oh wow. I didn't even notice the lack of cake. Did they seriously just stick candles into a tub of ice cream? Is this their idea of f*n? The numbers also have great chunks out of them at the top- is that them trying to get rid of the wick?

Oh wow. I didn't even notice the lack of cake. Did they seriously just stick candles into a tub of ice cream? Is this their idea of f*n? The numbers also have great chunks out of them at the top- is that them trying to get rid of the wick?

I think they are reused.

If Teri loves her grandkids so much, why just the one hour? 20 minutes each, scheduled. Seems so cold. What is she afraid will happen if they had unscheduled time together? So much of my time with my grandparents was completely unscheduled. Just hanging out, having talks, living in the moment.

Maybe the parents like their kids enough that they won't allow more than that.

Thank you :) I was thinking of doing a parody of the entire book: a summer with the moodys through the eyes of their neighbors. But I'm not sure there's enough interest, and It would probably be a very short book, as the moody children tend to be very isolated.

Summer with the Moodys and Zombies

Or, they have used the candles for previous birthdays and they have burned down from use.

The no cake thing doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Maybe Jesse doesn't like cake. Maybe one of the girls tried to make the cake and it didn't come out right, or maybe they found the oven broken. Maybe Jesse wanted ice cream because they bought cake on his real birthday on the road but didn't have ice cream then. Maybe the cheap ice cream brand is his favorite. I know that I prefer a cheap brand of lemon lime popcicles over the more expensive name brand popcicles.

The no cake thing doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Maybe Jesse doesn't like cake. Maybe one of the girls tried to make the cake and it didn't come out right, or maybe they found the oven broken. Maybe Jesse wanted ice cream because they bought cake on his real birthday on the road but didn't have ice cream then. Maybe the cheap ice cream brand is his favorite. I know that I prefer a cheap brand of lemon lime popcicles over the more expensive name brand popcicles.

Ice cream would be sad if you really enjoyed cake, but perhaps Jesse prefers ice cream over cake? I can totally admit that sometimes I like the cheapo brands of certain things over the name brands.

Also, considering that this is the Maxwells we're talking about, I'm glad they had ice cream at all. Its better than animal crackers!

I don't know how Nate, Chris, and Joe could get 9-5 full time IT jobs with another company since they don't have college degrees.

That is the rub, isn't it. I know a lot of IT professionals and only one is successful without a degree, and he's a literal programming genius.

That is the rub, isn't it. I know a lot of IT professionals and only one is successful without a degree, and he's a literal programming genius.

My hubby doesn't have a uni degree, and he's a Senior Network Engineer with a large ISP. He and his team pretty much built part of another earlier ISP's entire network, so he's pretty highly regarded.

He does though have extensive TAFE qualifications, which are probably our version of Community Colleges.

There are some good certifications you can get by studying yourself and then sitting the applicable test. Microsoft MCSE and MCSA, Cisco CCNA and CCNP, and similar qualifications from Oracle and Juniper to name a few. They don't come from a uni AFAIK, and are recognised IT qualifications that employers look for, and indeed some will state them in employment ads as required certifications applicants need to have in order to be considered. These have to be kept current though as IT changes.

So he could actually have some marketable qualifications that he gained through home study.

My hubby doesn't have a uni degree, and he's a Senior Network Engineer with a large ISP. He and his team pretty much built part of another earlier ISP's entire network, so he's pretty highly regarded.

He does though have extensive TAFE qualifications, which are probably our version of Community Colleges.

There are some good certifications you can get by studying yourself and then sitting the applicable test. Microsoft MCSE and MCSA, Cisco CCNA and CCNP, and similar qualifications from Oracle and Juniper to name a few. They don't come from a uni AFAIK, and are recognised IT qualifications that employers look for, and indeed some will state them in employment ads as required certifications applicants need to have in order to be considered. These have to be kept current though as IT changes.

So he could actually have some marketable qualifications that he gained through home study.

My husband has only an AA along with a myriad of computer certifications that I can't name. All of his computer knowledge was/is self-taught and he runs a classified system for the government. I imagine it would be harder, but if the MaxDudes know enough they could probably land something decent.

My husband has only an AA along with a myriad of computer certifications that I can't name. All of his computer knowledge was/is self-taught and he runs a classified system for the government. I imagine it would be harder, but if the MaxDudes know enough they could probably land something decent.

True. I work in cyber security (not the technical side, the management side) and we have a few subcontractors who didn't finish a B.S. (though most at least started or got an AA) and they are in high demand and make good money. However, as you said with your husband, most have a lot of computer certifications and also have attended lots of conferences/courses and have pretty good people skills. On top of just being really skilled IT wunderkind type people.

My understanding is that the MaxDudes ( :lol: ) don't have many advanced certifications, certainly don't network or go to conferences, and I'm willing to bet their social weirdness comes through even in phone conversations with potential employers. Cyber security can be a bit of an incestuous world outside DC and freelance guys get jobs via references or doubling back on projects they've worked on before. The Maxwell projects seems more to be one and done types, and even if they weren't, I doubt Steve's sons are wowing people with their innovative thinking or great people skills.

Now I'm slightly obsessed with hiring a Maxwell for a project just to see what it's like...

I know a lot of successful IT people and I can count on one hand the number who have a degree in CS. A fair few have degrees which are completely unrelated, and as many or more have some college but not a degree.

The Maxwells not having degrees wouldn't bother me at all if I were looking to hire. IT is about what you can do whether you got the fundamentals from school or otj. I also give little weight to certs because I know a lot of people with certs who I wouldn't let within 10 feet of any of my servers. Some people with certs are awesome and some are just good at brain dumping and exams but can't apply it irl. For what they do if I were hiring it would be all about the work history to get in the door and the interview. In depth conversation and when helpful taking it to a test environment with dummy data so they can show, not tell.

So once again Sarah's terrible blogging skills strike. We have a birthday party with gifts and ice cream but we are not shown the gifts. Come on! That is blogging 101-- if you show someone opening a gift you should then either tell people what it was or take a photo. What was in the giant box? Was that his stuffed panda or was that just a random kid's toy left on the sofa? Bah! Sarah drives me nuts.

When I checked the comments a couple of people remarked on the Stromboli and asked for the recipe. That might have been a nice way to close out the post, but this is Maxhell were they don't cater to anyone's curiosity. Too bad if you want the recipe-- just google it on your own. Too bad if you want to know what gifts Jesse got, only Jesus is important and that's all you need to know.

I have a full time IT job without a college degree, and no, I'm not a minimum wage help desk jockey. In fairness though, I don't work 9 - 5. ;)

I know a lot of successful IT people and I can count on one hand the number who have a degree in CS. A fair few have degrees which are completely unrelated, and as many or more have some college but not a degree.

The Maxwells not having degrees wouldn't bother me at all if I were looking to hire. IT is about what you can do whether you got the fundamentals from school or otj. I also give little weight to certs because I know a lot of people with certs who I wouldn't let within 10 feet of any of my servers. Some people with certs are awesome and some are just good at brain dumping and exams but can't apply it irl. For what they do if I were hiring it would be all about the work history to get in the door and the interview. In depth conversation and when helpful taking it to a test environment with dummy data so they can show, not tell.

But do you think the MaxDudes have any impressive work histories to show off? And honestly, I think they are a combination of incredibly arrogant and awkward as hell in interviews. If a Maxwell deigns to ever even be interviewed...

I like how there was this whole other page of posts that I didn't see. A fine example of my awesome tech skills. :shrug:

In other news, Bethany is going to be a real stunner when she grows up.

Archived