IGNORED

Teri Maxwell gets passive aggressive about the ABC girls

anjulibai

I read The Far Pavilions, Gone with the Wind, and The Prince of Tides in middle school.

The Moody books would have been something I might have read in elementary school when I was still learning to read, but they would not be something I'd have chosen.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not even sure I'd have been able to force myself to finish the moody books as a child, and I was the kid who ALWAYS finished a book I started.

You wrote some fantastic parodies of Summer With the Moodys when Steve was kind enough to let us have a FREE Moody book. I'm still chuckling about Maude's mint.

For those who haven't seen them, I think Trynn's parodies start on this page: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=25912&start=200

ITA with many posts above. I also wonder what Melanie thinks about Terifying invading her space every week to read to the girls for exactly 20 minutes each. Outstanding questions in my mind:

- Was Melanie asked if it was OK or did Teri invite herself?

- Isn't 20 minutes an awfully long time to make a child <3 sit quietly and be read to if said child isn't in the mood that day?

- Why does Terifying have to lug her book bags across the road? Don't the ABCs have their own books or are their books deemed unsuitable?

- Does Chapter Book mean Moody books only? The poor kids!

You wrote some fantastic parodies of Summer With the Moodys when Steve was kind enough to let us have a FREE Moody book. I'm still chuckling about Maude's mint.

For those who haven't seen them, I think Trynn's parodies start on this page: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=25912&start=200

ITA with many posts above. I also wonder what Melanie thinks about Terifying invading her space every week to read to the girls for exactly 20 minutes each. Outstanding questions in my mind:

- Isn't 20 minutes an awfully long time to make a child <3 sit quietly and be read to if said child isn't in the mood that day?

- Why does Terifying have to lug her book bags across the road? Don't the ABCs have their own books or are their books deemed unsuitable?

Nathan & Melanie might have a contraband copy of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" over at their house. So, that's why Terri brings her own books.

I don't understand why she's not reading to Drew, too. She said she has board books for ages 1-3. I suppose penis owners should only be read to by other penis owners? :penguin-no:

I don't understand why she's not reading to Drew, too. She said she has board books for ages 1-3. I suppose penis owners should only be read to by other penis owners? :penguin-no:

Ruthie is a year and a half. Why isn't Grandma reading to her?

Ruthie is a year and a half. Why isn't Grandma reading to her?

I guess because this post is about spending time with Mel and Nate's kids?

I'm not surprised she isn't reading to Drew or Ruthie. Toddlers aren't going to sit quietly for 20 minutes and it doesn't sound like Teri is very flexible and going to break to allow some playtime. Josh might be interested but perhaps his schedule conflicts?

I kind of hope Melanie set tve 20 minute limit because she knew the girls would be bored.

I doubt Drew and Ruthie are being excluded for sinister reasons. We have already seen a post about Teri's visits to Chris and Anna's family. The babies and moms probably enjoy a rest while the older kids are being Terri-fied.

Thank you :) I was thinking of doing a parody of the entire book: a summer with the moodys through the eyes of their neighbors. But I'm not sure there's enough interest, and It would probably be a very short book, as the moody children tend to be very isolated.

Thank you :) I was thinking of doing a parody of the entire book: a summer with the moodys through the eyes of their neighbors. But I'm not sure there's enough interest, and It would probably be a very short book, as the moody children tend to be very isolated.

Please do.

I think if I did that, stevehovah could successfully Sue. Once I set up my new kindle (old one got stolen, sadness) I shall begin this endeavor. Updates will be slow, on account of how, unlike Poor Sarah, I have a real life to live.

There'd be plenty of interest on here :D

I think if I did that, stevehovah could successfully Sue. Once I set up my new kindle (old one got stolen, sadness) I shall begin this endeavor. Updates will be slow, on account of how, unlike Poor Sarah, I have a real life to live.

Sorry your Kindle was stolen. I'm sure Steve might want to sue but parody is protected. Self-publishing might be a risk you may not want to take but do please continue the parodies on FJ when you can. They are brilliant. :)

I was just thinking that if I was to write a parody of the Moodys I would call my book The Noodys ( pronounced: Nudies.) Summer with the Noodys takes on a whole new meaning.

I was just thinking that if I was to write a parody of the Moodys I would call my book The Noodys ( pronounced: Nudies.) Summer with the Noodys takes on a whole new meaning.

Maybe the whole Noody family can go to a Free Spirit Gathering for vacay!

I was reading Helter Skelter, Stephen King, and V.C. Andrews in my early teens. The Moody books wouldn't have appealed to me at all, not even as true horror. :lol:

Me too, along with a healthy dose of Anne Rice.

WOAH. So after reading this thread I couldn't resist the temptation and decided to poke around on their blog. I found this gem.

"Before you read any Dad’s Corner, may I share a caution? Dad’s Corners are from a father’s heart to another father’s heart. It is our desire that these Corners would build the family up and never create a controversy between a husband and wife. It is possible to undermine our goal if a mom read and agreed with a Dad’s Corner and the husband didn’t. Never would we want to undermine respect for Dad in the direction he has chosen for the family. Therefore, we would encourage moms not to read Dad’s Corners first, unless as a couple, you have discussed and agreed who should read the Dad’s Corner first."

How are these people for real???? God forbid your wife ever disagree about a RANDOM BLOG POST. How will you ever continue???? All of your precious authority is totally lost if you have different opinions oh god the horror!

Why does she even have to agree anyway? Isn't the point just supposed to be that she trusts him completely? It shouldn't make a difference if she disagrees as long as she agrees to obey him.

I know this stuff isn't new to any of you but I just had to get that out of my system :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Maybe the whole Noody family can go to a Free Spirit Gathering for vacay!

The Moodys Noodys Go To Burning Man! :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads:

I finally read the post.

Well I see it as an epic fail. I mean, they are showing they are not able to keep granddaughters attention at home, so grandma has to move to another house to get their attention.

It is supossed Maxwell educacation focuses in selfcontrol and training kids. But they cannot make them listening to grandma if aunties are near.

Don't they see the post shows they are not perfect and that they are changing schedules depending on children's preferences? Not that it's bad...but it isn't maxwellian.

I read The Clan of the Cave Bear when I was 12/13. Can you even imagine a Maxwell reading that? Neanderthals, sex, and hallucinogenic drugs used in spiritual ceremonies?

WOAH. So after reading this thread I couldn't resist the temptation and decided to poke around on their blog. I found this gem.

"Before you read any Dad’s Corner, may I share a caution? Dad’s Corners are from a father’s heart to another father’s heart. It is our desire that these Corners would build the family up and never create a controversy between a husband and wife. It is possible to undermine our goal if a mom read and agreed with a Dad’s Corner and the husband didn’t. Never would we want to undermine respect for Dad in the direction he has chosen for the family. Therefore, we would encourage moms not to read Dad’s Corners first, unless as a couple, you have discussed and agreed who should read the Dad’s Corner first."

Quote snipped

If the mere reading of a blog post can cause dissension in a patriarchal household, wouldn't it be best to just keep the womenz illiterate?

With SOTDRT, they'll be there in another generation or two.

Steve Asshat Maxwell said

It is possible to undermine our goal if a mom read and agreed with a Dad’s Corner and the husband didn’t.

So what would happen if a wife read a Dad's Corner and didn't agree with it but the husband did?????

So what would happen if a wife read a Dad's Corner and didn't agree with it but the husband did?????

Or if a wife didn't agree with a Mom's corner but the husband did. Are fathers allowed to read precious words of wisdom from the mouth of one Titus2 mom to the heart of another without their wives prior consent? Of course they are, it's patriarchy, but the Maxwells seem to like splitting groups by gender to hear their sacred wisdom.

It doesn't matter if a wife disagress and the husband does agree - she has to submit to his wishes.

So, if any disharmony happens, it's because the wife isn't doing her godly duty.

Archived