IGNORED

Teri Maxwell gets passive aggressive about the ABC girls

anjulibai

So what would happen if a wife read a Dad's Corner and didn't agree with it but the husband did?????

The wife could pray (in high dudgeon and with much passive-aggression) like Teri prayed for Steve to remember to order pizza. :lol:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wife could pray (in high dudgeon and with much passive-aggression) like Teri prayed for Steve to remember to order pizza. :lol:

I just pray he looks at his damn text messages. He doesn't answer voicemails. But he does look at texts. But since he's an atheist I just hope for the best.

I read The Clan of the Cave Bear when I was 12/13. Can you even imagine a Maxwell reading that? Neanderthals, sex, and hallucinogenic drugs used in spiritual ceremonies?

I read The Mists of Avalon at 12/13. Holy paganism, Batman. Christianity does pretty much triumph at the end though, so they would like that part, I guess. Of course the 1000 pages or so leading up to it would probably make Sarah cry. Ugh, fundie kids (and kidults) miss out on so much. I mean Erika Shupe limits her kids fiction reading. I would have died without my books. :(

I read The Far Pavilions, Gone with the Wind, and The Prince of Tides in middle school.

The Moody books would have been something I might have read in elementary school when I was still learning to read, but they would not be something I'd have chosen.

I read Animal Farm in 6th grade. In 3rd and 4th grade I was reading books like My Teacher is an Alien and That Scatterbrain Booky. In 1st grade I was reading classics like Charlotte's Web... I doubt the Maxwell *adult* "kids" would be able to read any of those books.

The only way I would have read the Moody books would be if they were assigned, and I would make sure to write something about how "God is stupid and isn't real anyways" in the book report.

I read The Clan of the Cave Bear when I was 12/13. Can you even imagine a Maxwell reading that? Neanderthals, sex, and hallucinogenic drugs used in spiritual ceremonies?

Hehe! I was reading Jackie Collins "Hollywood" series at that age. My mom was recently mortified by that tidbit a couple of weeks ago. I got my 11yo "The Lord of the Flies" at the library, and my mom went all pearl-clutching on me. When I reminded her, that she had no problem whatsoever, letting me check out Jackie Collins from the library at 12/13, she quickly unclutched her pearls, and changed the subject.

I suppose you guys have seen this, but Elissa had her baby. Calia Grace.

I just saw an ad for Legos that was celebrating the joy and wonder of discovering and dreaming and it featured girls! There were girls playing doctor with their dolls, girls with mice in mazes, girls with toy parachutes and toy space ships and girls, of course, building with their Lego bricks. (Not the pink ones either.) The ad pointed out that their girl's experiments didn't always work, but that was part of learning and growing. It was brilliant and it makes me sad that the ABC girls won't get a chance to experience that.

On the other hand,without taking away fromthe fact that that the ABCs are Maxwells and Fundie in the extreme, their education and upbringing will be positively worldly compared to NR Anna and Christopher's kids. I get the impression that Josh and his sisters wouldn't even be allowed to get so far as deciding that they like playing with their aunties more than Teri.

My English level is not very good, so maybe I haven't understood well last Maxwell blog entry. Is Nathan explaining his IT course/business is a disaster and he's looking for another one?

What does he do for a living? He has 4 children to feed.

My English level is not very good, so maybe I haven't understood well last Maxwell blog entry. Is Nathan explaining his IT course/business is a disaster and he's looking for another one?

What does he do for a living? He has 4 children to feed.

Kind of. He used to run a business, "ITonRamp," that offered computer courses. He has now decided to stop offering said courses. But the Maxwells don't write very well- see the Moody books by Sarah.

That's a good question- what do all of these manly providers do to you know...provide for their families? I am very confused as to how they are paying for houses in cash and the like when seemingly no one in the family has a 8-5 job. If we pulled such a stunt I don't know how we'd put food on the table, much less pay off houses right and left.

The Maxwells seem fairly well set compared to a lot of the mega family bloggers out there. I know that at one point Steve had a good job, but money is finite....surely they'd have run out by now. What gives? I'd love to figure it out so my husband can take an early retirement. :think:

On the other hand,without taking away fromthe fact that that the ABCs are Maxwells and Fundie in the extreme, their education and upbringing will be positively worldly compared to NR Anna and Christopher's kids. I get the impression that Josh and his sisters wouldn't even be allowed to get so far as deciding that they like playing with their aunties more than Teri.

I'm hoping that Mel's worldly family helps pull the ABCs from fundie world and then they are able to take Joshua and the others with them as well. I can dream!

That's a good question- what do all of these manly providers do to you know...provide for their families? I am very confused as to how they are paying for houses in cash and the like when seemingly no one in the family has a 8-5 job. If we pulled such a stunt I don't know how we'd put food on the table, much less pay off houses right and left.

The Maxwells seem fairly well set compared to a lot of the mega family bloggers out there. I know that at one point Steve had a good job, but money is finite....surely they'd have run out by now. What gives? I'd love to figure it out so my husband can take an early retirement. :think:

Others have tried to figure out how much income the Maxwells actually need to get by, but it seems like their ultra-cloistered lifestyle must be pretty inexpensive.

1) Plenty of SAHDs to purchase and prep food in bulk, including cooking dried beans for those famous bean burritos

2) No cable, no mortgage, possibly a big-ass iPhone bill every month

3) How much do they honestly drive in a normal week? I bet cars last forever for them.

4) Skirts and t-shirts don't cost much.

5) DIY a lot of home maintenance, haircuts and the like.

6) Grifting Relying on love offerings for places to stay and meals when they travel

7) What some might call a vacation can't cost much. Gas and cabin rental would be about it for atypical costs.

Also, Steve's pension from his working days could be pretty generous. They might even have real health insurance!

So, that's just the main Maxwell household. The married sons seem to have a couple of businesses that may well earn them actual money.

They don't look like they lack for anything except freedom, intellectual stimulation, friendship, joy and real parental love!

Others have tried to figure out how much income the Maxwells actually need to get by, but it seems like their ultra-cloistered lifestyle must be pretty inexpensive.

1) Plenty of SAHDs to purchase and prep food in bulk, including cooking dried beans for those famous bean burritos

3) How much do they honestly drive in a normal week? I bet cars last forever for them.

6) Grifting Relying on love offerings for places to stay and meals when they travel

7) What some might call a vacation can't cost much. Gas and cabin rental would be about it for atypical costs.

Also, Steve's pension from his working days could be pretty generous. They might even have real health insurance!

So, that's just the main Maxwell household. The married sons seem to have a couple of businesses that may well earn them actual money.

They don't look like they lack for anything except freedom, intellectual stimulation, friendship, joy and real parental love!

You know, I didn't think about pension. My husband will be eligible for his at 55, so that's a very real possibility.

What do the man-children do?

You know, I didn't think about pension. My husband will be eligible for his at 55, so that's a very real possibility.

What do the man-children do?

There's more info in the One Ton Ramp thread, but they have an irrigation business and work in IT. Also, one of the sons has a realtor's license, but it's unclear if he actually sells houses for anyone outside the family.

I've always wondered how Chris, Joe, and Nathan support their families. They all work in IT I guess, helping small, local businesses. I know when my office has a computer issue we call a computer guy who works on his own and he comes out and charges a ton of money. That's what I envision them doing.

This is what Nathan's bio says

we-communicate.com/systems-administration.html

linkedin.com/pub/nathan-maxwell/13/8a5/312

Too many technical words for me.

John also is a "realtor" and possibly does irrigation.

OMG, Nathan's linkedin:

During my time with Communication Concepts, I have focused on the following:

--Information Security - Assisting small business in a variety of vertical markets with hardening their IT infrastructure. Yes, that's alot of technical jargon. The translation to this is my goal is to ensure an organization is as secure as possible. Budgets, risk tolerance, legacy equipment, current infrastructure all are factors in crafting an info-sec plan that fits like a glove.

--PCI-DSS Compliance - PCI compliance is a growing regulatory headache for SMB's. Depending on how credit cards are processed, compliance can be a few check boxes on an online form, or a project that involves a forklift infrastructure and process upgrade.

--Network Administration (even PC support) - Consultant's skillsets can disappear into the clouds. Clouds in this case refer to a fairytale land devoid of reality. I continue to stay involved with my clients at the server, network, and desktop level. This keeps my skills current and allows reality to actively invade my consulting projects

The fuck is this dribble? Does he really think this sounds professional?

OMG, Nathan's linkedin:

The fuck is this dribble? Does he really think this sounds professional?

Lemme translate that for ya

During my time with Communication Concepts, I have focused on the following:

--Information Security - Assisting my families small business websites by installing antivirus applications on their computers

--PCI-DSS Compliance - Installed 'Square' on my sisters' Ipads so they can process credit card orders

--Network Administration (even PC support) - Ran some on-line classes teaching stuff about computers and iphones that you could find free videos for on youtube

Whenever I would revise my resume, I would look at other resumes of people in the same industry, especially those that worked at bigger firms, and would then model my resume after their resume. I don't understand why he didn't search for people who perform the same type of work and model his LinkedIn account after theirs. He could use that newfangled Google all the young kids are talking about. People don't put the crap he does to explain their work history.

Twin2, I think you are completely correct. His resume uses big words and babble but really, outside of the credit card thing, I think most people could say they have done the same work he says he provides. We just do it on our little home computers and it takes no more than a few minutes. We are now all IT people.

Sounds like he does basic tech support for small businesses who are too small to have their own IT staff, so they have someone they can call in whenever stuff needs doing.

His profile is really poorly written however, and I wouldn't outsource my business IT stuff to someone incapable of forming a logical sentence. I'd love for him to talk IT to my Senior Network Engineer hubby though - he'd soon know how much if anything Nathan knows.

I may be fairly new to the job market, but I know that you shouldn't use super-long, rambling descriptions of what you did on your resume or LinkedIn. Have a bullet-point list of your responsibilities and accomplishments at your place of work in simple, active-voice sentences. If you have quantitative evidence of how well a project went or how much work you did (e.g. "Sales increased by 20%" or "Was account manager for 124 companies"), include that. If you have to use jargon, don't point out that you're using it. Just use it as simply as possible. His resume looks and sounds more like a very garbled OKCupid profile than a resume.

His profile is really poorly written however, and I wouldn't outsource my business IT stuff to someone incapable of forming a logical sentence. I'd love for him to talk IT to my Senior Network Engineer hubby though - he'd soon know how much if anything Nathan knows.

Well, at least he doesn't mention Jesus anywhere on his linked-in profile......

Sometimes I think of all the things the Maxwell kids don't know, that is pretty much common knowledge for everyone else. If any of them ever did decide to leave they would be culturally ignorant, way beyond the level of most other fundies who leave.

This. My fundie upbringing left me culturally illiterate in so many ways, some of which (exposure to classical music, theater, and literature) I could make up for but others, like the tv shows and movies my peers grew up watching, I never did.

Trivia was a popular party game when I was an undergrad. I totally sucked at it but I gradually became better just by memorizing other people's answers. I still have no idea who Rootie Kazootie was, but I know his girlfriend was Polka Dottie.

{snip}

There is also:

1. Homeowners insurance

2. Home maintenance parts-- even DIY can cost lots of money-- and landscaping supplies

3. Vehicle insurance

4. Vehicle maintenance

5. Personal items such as grooming supplies, art supplies, gifts, craft supplies, fancy running shoes

6. Medications inc. OTC

7. Tithing. I would hope that somebody as Biblical as Stevehovah would tithe 10% to somewhere

Our two vehicles are killing our budget this month. Both had new brakes installed in the last 6 months but now the truck is have a problem with it's brakes so it needs to go in the shop. The Passat not only got clobbered by stray debris on the freeway so that the front turn signal had to be replaced entirely last week, during the oil change they told us the axle needs to be replaced ASAP. Also the passenger door window has stopped working and needs a new motor. Blah! There goes $1000 of unexpected expenses.

Archived