IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

So, according to the Duggars, a fetus is a person from the moment of conception and needs to be protected. But exploiting and exposing your children who have already been born is just fine. Then again, they exploit their fetuses as well. I just think it's interesting that they're so invested in the well-being of a fetus, but don't seem that interested in the well being of their actual children.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, according to the Duggars, a fetus is a person from the moment of conception and needs to be protected. But exploiting and exposing your children who have already been born is just fine. Then again, they exploit their fetuses as well. I just think it's interesting that they're so invested in the well-being of a fetus, but don't seem that interested in the well being of their actual children.

The well-being of a fetus is keeping it alive. Exactly the thing they do fir the rest of their children. TThe problem is that they only do that and nothing more.

The well-being of a fetus is keeping it alive. Exactly the thing they do fir the rest of their children. TThe problem is that they only do that and nothing more.

Very true.  The problem with a lot of these people is that they are incapable of recognizing the needs of others beyond the obvious animal needs. There is no room for individuality or personality.

Very true.  The problem with a lot of these people is that they are incapable of recognizing the needs of others beyond the obvious animal needs. There is no room for individuality or personality.

This has long been one of my biggest problems with the Duggars, and I think it is a result of not just the numbers but their religious beliefs. I was raised in a home where I wasn't allowed to be an individual (not fundie, just a controlling mother), and when I became a parent it was my number one priority to allow my children to become the individuals that they were meant to be. As a result, I have 5 very wonderful and very unique adult children, who are also very tolerant and loving towards everyone.

After being cancelled at AHEA, is anyone getting the feeling that the Dufuses need more than just a Jessa spawn to revive interest in the brand?  Like a Jana level courtship?  I think the casual humpers are getting tired of babies.

I believe the cancellation had much more to do with people realizing (and then voicing their concerns once they were done realizing)  that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are not to be emulated.  Not as successful parents, not as successful home schoolers, not as "good Christians".  Because they are NONE of those things.

Now that people REALIZE those facts (which Free Gingerites have long known & discussed) I don't think a wedding, or two, or three ...or more spawn... even ten or twenty ... are going to revive their brand.

Just my opinion, and my hope!  

This has long been one of my biggest problems with the Duggars, and I think it is a result of not just the numbers but their religious beliefs. I was raised in a home where I wasn't allowed to be an individual (not fundie, just a controlling mother), and when I became a parent it was my number one priority to allow my children to become the individuals that they were meant to be. As a result, I have 5 very wonderful and very unique adult children, who are also very tolerant and loving towards everyone.

that's how my mom raised me, she let me be the little girl who loved dress up and shooting hoops at the same time !

After being cancelled at AHEA, is anyone getting the feeling that the Dufuses need more than just a Jessa spawn to revive interest in the brand?  Like a Jana level courtship?  I think the casual humpers are getting tired of babies.

With so many people in the family there are endless opportunities to revive interest.I have some suggestions for JB

1 JB could let the whole family become members of a black pentecostal church. He and Michelle join the choir. 

2 Jana is sent off to the Philippines to join a convent and become an undercover missionary among Catholic nuns.

3 JD starts a barn dance ministry in prison. 

4 The older boys join the fight against Isis

5 JB invites a Syrian refugee family to come live in their guestroom.

6 JB and Michelle adopt an African American embryo and make it hatch

I could go on, but I have a life.

It's official:  Michelle and Jim Bob's appearance at the Canadian homeschool convention has been canceled! 

http://www.aheaonline.com/index.php/blog/61-main-blog/514-convention-speaker-change

"Although early feedback from our members this summer was supportive of having the Duggars come here, recent feedback from our own members points out that their appearance here would not be in the best interests of home educators ... the Duggar’s philosophy is not representative of AHEA as a whole.

"One of our previously scheduled speakers, Chris Butler of the RCMP, will still be presenting his session on preventing child abuse entitled "Protecting the Gift."

It's official:  Michelle and Jim Bob's appearance at the Canadian homeschool convention has been canceled! 

http://www.aheaonline.com/index.php/blog/61-main-blog/514-convention-speaker-change

"Although early feedback from our members this summer was supportive of having the Duggars come here, recent feedback from our own members points out that their appearance here would not be in the best interests of home educators ... the Duggar’s philosophy is not representative of AHEA as a whole.

"One of our previously scheduled speakers, Chris Butler of the RCMP, will still be presenting his session on preventing child abuse entitled "Protecting the Gift."

It sounds to me that they had some dissention but lukewarm support after the Josh scandals in the summer, but the suit being filed against IBLP really tipped the balance against the Duggars presenting.  Good.

wow - now that is progress - Good for Canada 

it must be humiliating to be turned down now opposed to being adored 

Let's hope so.  But I don't really think that humility is something Jim Bob and Michelle will master.

Bolding is mine. Love that part! Glad they put that in there right after mentioning the family who failed at preventing child abuse.

So If I am understanding correctly and I do know who Paul Peterson is - the fact that IDDY and the future Dillard children, plus the current Seewald Baby - need to be protected - and the fact they are minors (and on tv) - this could deter TLC to continue specials - if someone like Paul Peterson gets involved and makes a stink about the underage minors and how they aren't protected.  I say we send emails to Paul Peterson and let him know. 

So If I am understanding correctly and I do know who Paul Peterson is - the fact that IDDY and the future Dillard children, plus the current Seewald Baby - need to be protected - and the fact they are minors (and on tv) - this could deter TLC to continue specials - if someone like Paul Peterson gets involved and makes a stink about the underage minors and how they aren't protected.  I say we send emails to Paul Peterson and let him know. 

He already knows.  He's been working on this for years.  By all means, email A Minor Consideration and "like" the Facebook Page but don't expect miracles.   http://aminorconsideration.org/amc  (I put the facebook link up-thread.)

It's an advocacy group primarily and dependent on donations.  It lobbies politically and helps out former child actors in need, but it doesn't have the power to stop TLC in its tracks.  Only changes in existing Child Labor Laws can do that, and that takes time.  You can help by looking at the laws in your state and lobbying your State Reps and Congress people.

As you know, Paul Petersen was Jeff on the Donna Reed Show.  He was a child actor, knows exactly what the problems with the industry are, and has worked tirelessly to protect children in entertainment, including those on Reality TV recently.  He testified at the "Gosselin Law" hearings in PA a few years ago and knows about TLC and the Duggars/Dillards/Sewalds.

Paul is now President Emeritus (he retired) of A Minor Consideration, but still writes for them.  It is probably better to contact AMC rather than Paul himself.  I'm sure he and they would appreciate the support. 

I'm glad their speaking engagement got cancelled,  and I hope they don't recieve a cent from it either. Jim Bob-s ego deserves that hit.

He already knows.  He's been working on this for years.  By all means, email A Minor Consideration and "like" the Facebook Page but don't expect miracles.   http://aminorconsideration.org/amc  (I put the facebook link up-thread.)

It's an advocacy group primarily and dependent on donations.  It lobbies politically and helps out former child actors in need, but it doesn't have the power to stop TLC in its tracks.  Only changes in existing Child Labor Laws can do that, and that takes time.  You can help by looking at the laws in your state and lobbying your State Reps and Congress people.

As you know, Paul Petersen was Jeff on the Donna Reed Show.  He was a child actor, knows exactly what the problems with the industry are, and has worked tirelessly to protect children in entertainment, including those on Reality TV recently.  He testified at the "Gosselin Law" hearings in PA a few years ago and knows about TLC and the Duggars/Dillards/Sewalds.

Paul is now President Emeritus (he retired) of A Minor Consideration, but still writes for them.  It is probably better to contact AMC rather than Paul himself.  I'm sure he and they would appreciate the support. 

Here are his Facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/minorcon

https://www.facebook.com/ppetersen2

I'm glad their speaking engagement got cancelled,  and I hope they don't recieve a cent from it either. Jim Bob-s ego deserves that hit.

Part of me really wants Boob to sue to try to get his money.  That would truly be the final nail in the PR coffin... you dont sue homeschool groups when they cancel your appearance based on you being a fraud.

I like how on the Lily and Ellie blog, they had just posted about the speaking engagement and now it's down the tubes!! I wonder what those two really think about all this business.

ETA: they have allowed some very dissenting comments on that thread, very interesting that they'd do that.

I wonder what Jboob and Chelle are saying to themselves and others about this cancellation......what "spin" they are putting on it. Since they think....Jesus....and they are so wonderful and so whatever and those bad people in Canada.....probably though not so many people were aware of their speaking engagement but just see the cancellation if they look. And then the suit against IBLP. Truth is surfacing I iguess. 

I wonder what Jboob and Chelle are saying to themselves and others about this cancellation......what "spin" they are putting on it. Since they think....Jesus....and they are so wonderful and so whatever and those bad people in Canada.....probably though not so many people were aware of their speaking engagement but just see the cancellation if they look. And then the suit against IBLP. Truth is surfacing I iguess. 

Probably praying for all those heathen Canadians. 

Let's hope so.  But I don't really think that humility is something Jim Bob and Michelle will master.

Ah, but being "humiliated" can be unpleasant even if it doesn't make them humble.  

What is more important in all this is that it might make other groups and even (dare one hope) tv networks less likely to embrace and promote the Duggars brand.

I no longer care when Jessa and Bin have the baby--or what they name it.  I know longer care how much the Dullards grift.   I no longer care what the disgusting thing Josh does next.

BECAUSE THE ROYALS WON THE WORLD SERIES!

Let's go Royals (clap-clap-clapclapclap):Yes:

I no longer care when Jessa and Bin have the baby--or what they name it.  I know longer care how much the Dullards grift.   I no longer care what the disgusting thing Josh does next.

BECAUSE THE ROYALS WON THE WORLD SERIES!

Let's go Royals (clap-clap-clapclapclap):Yes:

Once they came back from that 8th inning, 6 run deficit in game 4 against the Astros, I figured it was their year.

Boob and J'chelle being cancelled won't humble them I think. If anything they'll just cite "persecution".

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived