IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

None of the Duggars has ever said anything I would pay even five dollars to hear.  What are their qualifications? None of them have ever spoken eloquently. What a grift.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe when Jubilee happened, Michelle couldn't take the drugs to induce labor because her uterus was injured (weak? torn?) from Josie's birth so they just sent her home for the miscarriage to happen naturally? Does that sound right? That makes me think her uterus is in very, very poor shape.

I agree that Michelle's uterus is probably in very, very poor shape- she has scars from 3 horizontal and 1 vertical c-section. But I don't remember them saying she couldn't be induced with Jubilee due to the issues. IIRC they let her go home to see if things occurred naturally which is fairly normal in those types of situations. If she had gone full term she would have needed a c-section to deliver Jubilee due to the risk of uterine rupture.

Michelle seems so shocked that medical doctors consider her to be a high risk pregnancy. That has always floored me. Really? Woman just are not made to carry such a large number of children. Yes, it probably has been done but it is certainly not the norm. Her poor uterus has done it's time and she has gotten her money's worth out of it. But, I do not see her "accepting" her next season of life very easily. Plus, with Jim Bob always talking about maybe needing the crib back or having "Mama's plumbing looked at to see if there is a problem he certainly is not letting her enter her next season of life with any grace.

Re:  How much the Duggars want to be paid for speaking engagements:

As I understand it (having hired speakers through similar listings in the past) the price is set by what the agents believe the market would pay.  I am guessing the daughters mostly get the lower end of the scale, but I would be surprised if they don't get at least that much.  

We may not think they are worth it, but some people obviously do.  We see people defend the Duggars on Facebook and elsewhere all the time, even after the scandals.   They have successfully marketed themselves as "wholesome" and the fact that the girls are somewhat pretty, new wives and mothers and that people "saw them grow up" on TV gives them an appeal.

It doesn't matter that they have nothing to say. Those teenage girls at the Southern Women's Show asking for shoe sizes and favorite colors have nothing to say themselves.  In fact, for certain audiences, the very mediocrity and dullness may be appealing.  They validate the daydream that anyone can be a star.

Think about who hires the Duggars for these speaking gigs - churches mostly.  The same churches that spend millions on fancy buildings and whose ministers are richer than Midas, but do very little outreach to the poor and under-served, unless they "come to Jesus." The people that donate to these "churches" are probably the same ones that think Jill's "ministry" is worth supporting. It's all part of the sick fundy culture. 

But but Jilly Muffy has a heart for missions!!!!  She must go spread Jesus in Mexico-America!   /end sarcasm

Any other parent would tell Derrick to get his ass working and put Jill in therapy.

Thank you! My kids are 28 and 25- I cannot imagine any parent condoning Derick or Ben's behaviors at this point. There are children to feed, clothe, house and insure. I almost typed educate, but we all know that's not high on their priority list.

I know both JB and M are affected by arrested development, but what about the Seewalds and Derick's mother? Why are none of these folks stating the obvious???

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I just looked at Jonathan Hartono's LinkedIn Profile for the first time: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhartono

His resume entry for "Jim Bob Duggar's Personal Assistant" makes me want to blow chunks.

Personal Assistant

Jim Bob Duggar
May 2012 – August 2013 (1 year 4 months)Springdale, Arkansas

-Executed Mr. Duggar's weekly lawn care assignments for his various properties
-Organized and Maintained Mr. Duggar's storage facilities
-Made 15 wooden bunk beds as part of a project to re-organize bedroom space
-Moved furnitures and equipments from facility to facility
-Executed various campaigning activities for political causes in the area that Mr. Duggar was involved with

HE USED TO BE BEN!!!!!

Now seriously, finally we know where the new bunk beds came from

I wouldn't pay a few thousands to listen to any of these fools speak, but I would pay that much to audit JB's tax records for the last 15 years.

Yes, I would.

I am almost certain he has played foot loose and fancy free with the IRS rules.

JB thinks the rules apply to others.

I read he had a rep for showing up in restaurants all over NWA with his crew in tow for kids eat free night.

HE USED TO BE BEN!!!!!

I wouldn't pay a few thousands to listen to any of these fools speak, but I would pay that much to audit JB's tax records for the last 15 years.

Yes, I would.

I read he had a rep for showing up in restaurants all over NWA with his crew in tow for kids eat free night.

Yes he did.  I have friends who live down there and the only nice thing I've heard was about the ice storm a few years ago that was on the show.  JD had been out for hours cutting and moving trees before JB showed up with the camera crew.

Does this Hartono kid not know how to put together a proper resume? "Carpentry" may have sufficed over "built 15 bunk beds."

Does this Hartono kid not know how to put together a proper resume? "Carpentry" may have sufficed over "built 15 bunk beds."

Indeed-- I cringed when I read it, although I've certainly read resumes from kids attending more prestigious colleges that were equally awful.  I would not employ him. He really needed someone at his crappy alma mater to read it over. Esp. since English isn't his 1st language. He implies that he worked as Jim Bob's pool boy for 16 months straight, when you can clearly from reading the whole resume that he only worked for Jim Bob for 2 summers (and maybe winter vacation). With a sports management degree, he would have been much better off spending those summers in some sort of sports/outdoor related job.  On the other hand, he's Indonesian and I don't know what kind of visa he's on, so I don't know if he was legally employable in summer.

But, yes, I guess this is what Ben's resume would look like.  Why the bazillion Duggar sons can't get off their asses and mow the lawns of the Duggar property empire is beyond me

Sports management degree? Wow. He should've been working at the YMCA or something like that. JB's bitch boy isn't exactly eye catching.

I'm shocked that's an offered degree from Segregated Sidewalk College. 

ETA: i wonder why none of the Hartonos are courting Duggars since they've spent so much time there.

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I just looked at Jonathan Hartono's LinkedIn Profile for the first time: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhartono

His resume entry for "Jim Bob Duggar's Personal Assistant" makes me want to blow chunks.

"Personal Assistant?"  I see the Duggars' penchant for over inflating their experience and qualifications has rubbed off on him. "Gardener" sounds more like it. 

Anyone notice that he lists volunteer work at IBLP Indonesia?  Gothard is sicking himself on the rest of the world???  Ugh!   

Re: kids eat free and the Duggars-- most places around here have a limit of one kid per one adult or at most 2 kids with one adult.  So for each one (or two) kids under 12 (or 10) that got free food, there had to be adults paying full price.  So it's not as awful as it sounds except for the "invasion" element (the space they take and how they might overwhelm the other customers or the staff).

Re: The ice storm, I guess the praise was for JD, not his dad and the camera crews?

Re: The IRS -- I wonder if /when JB will get audited.  We can't be the only ones wondering about his taxes.

Re: kids eat free and the Duggars-- most places around here have a limit of one kid per one adult or at most 2 kids with one adult.  So for each one (or two) kids under 12 (or 10) that got free food, there had to be adults paying full price.  So it's not as awful as it sounds except for the "invasion" element (the space they take and how they might overwhelm the other customers or the staff).

Re: The ice storm, I guess the praise was for JD, not his dad and the camera crews?

Re: The IRS -- I wonder if /when JB will get audited.  We can't be the only ones wondering about his taxes.

I've noticed that in my corner of the South, the kids-eat-free deals tend not to be limited by number at local restaurants. It's the chains that tend to have those policies in place.

IIRC, one of the managers actually said they changed policies based on the Duggar Family's practice- one of those changes was 2 kids per adult...so of course, JB had lots of adult kids and lots of kids to match. JB still made out.

Withaj wrote:"I've noticed that in my corner of the South, the kids-eat-free deals tend not to be limited by number at local restaurants. It's the chains that tend to have those policies in place."

My reply:  In my area of the South, most of the restaurants are chains, and the local ones don't have kids eat free nights.:kitty-wink:

The Duggars at a restaurant sounds awful, I remember them talking about the kids eat free thing on the show. It reminds me of that Gawker article where the female waitress said JB wouldn't speak to her directly. 

I remember they went and got pizza at a kids eat free place on an episode. JB was like "what counts as an adult here?" It was ages 12 and older. They ended up only paying for just over half of the pizza since so many kids were over 12.

I remember they went and got pizza at a kids eat free place on an episode. JB was like "what counts as an adult here?" It was ages 12 and older. They ended up only paying for just over half of the pizza since so many kids were over 12.

Yep- in the Duggar family the adult to kid ratio is now pretty even.

Interesting...

I don't know if Hartano is a naturalized citizen, a permanent resident, or if he is on a student or work visa.  If it's the visa scenario, I wonder if Jim Bob paying him is within the legal boundaries?  Just thinking out loud...

Personal Assistant

Jim Bob Duggar
May 2012 – August 2013 (1 year 4 months)Springdale, Arkansas

-Executed Mr. Duggar's weekly lawn care assignments for his various properties
-Organized and Maintained Mr. Duggar's storage facilities
-Made 15 wooden bunk beds as part of a project to re-organize bedroom space
-Moved furnitures and equipments from facility to facility
-Executed various campaigning activities for political causes in the area that Mr. Duggar was involved with

This is hilarious - and it is so TRUE he used to be Ben - I wonder what he got paid and why he would put it on Linkedin - maybe for experience - but still :)

HE USED TO BE BEN!!!!!

Yes, I would.

Yes he did.  I have friends who live down there and the only nice thing I've heard was about the ice storm a few years ago that was on the show.  JD had been out for hours cutting and moving trees before JB showed up with the camera crew.

I saw that episode - riveting television - an ice storm and JB driving and talking to the crew 

riveting 

almost as riveting as when Jenni got her glasses 

I sometimes wonder why they never cancelled the show after seeing shit like the ice storm 

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived