IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

It's not unusual around here to trash wedding cars. I won't say it's the norm, but it's not unusual. Nothing damaging. Strings of cans tied behind the car, shaving cream on the windows, car stuffed with balloons, etc. The best man usually leads the other groomsmen in this activity.

I've seen situations where the couple will leave a "decoy" car out and hide their true getaway car.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We purposely got a DD who drove their car so that no one could trash one of our's.  Unfortunately, DH's best man was crafty. Another groomsman tricked DH into giving him a key to our apartment, then several of the groomsmen and other friends met up there and "trashed" our place. Nothing was damaged, but it was quite funny to come home too, especially since we were both pretty tipsy/drunk. There were streamers and confetti every where, banners on the walls in multiple rooms, silly string on the stairwell banister, and balloons all over the place (including in every single kitchen cabinet, a standup shower, and even one in a toilet). 

I did actually see a photo of Josh recently with a sort-of beard. It was on a creepy collage on Instagram. Duggar fans are weird.

I've seen a couple of pics posted here where he has a beard, but it is a shortish, not very full beard.  What he needs is a big full beard, and maybe a hairpiece.  Then no one will know him.

I'm guessing trashing wedding car is at least normal in the Duggar circles, because no one said WTF is that freak JD doing to the cars???  What is he thinking???  Keep him the fuck away.  So he gets a pass in my books for that.  So if they are ok with it, keep on keepin' on, JD.

I am assuming the more universal can tie-ing comes out of the same tradition. 

I'm also assuming when JD gets married there's going to be a line of people wanting to return his car trashing escapades in kind.  It could give Joshie something to do since I doubt he will ever again be the self-proclaimed parking lot "wedding reception MC."  

Okay, I'm super curious. What do you do when someone trashes your car/hotel room/house after your wedding? Do you have to interrupt your nuptial makeouts to wipe shaving cream off the windows? Or do you just say the heck with it and start humping in the pile of seasoning salt that your fun-lovin' brother in law dumped onto your clean sheets?

Okay, I'm super curious. What do you do when someone trashes your car/hotel room/house after your wedding? Do you have to interrupt your nuptial makeouts to wipe shaving cream off the windows? Or do you just say the heck with it and start humping in the pile of seasoning salt that your fun-lovin' brother in law dumped onto your clean sheets?

I cannot comment on nuptial make outs or humping since I have never been on either the giving or receiving ends of such antics, but I have seen plenty of people driving the nuptial get away car with the windshield wipers going and the Just Married on the rear windshield flowing away in the wind.  

Most "trashing" is not actually destructive. You just drive around with just married on your car, its more like childish decorations.  

here they dont do the car but the flat. Like my brother and my sister had at their respective weddings. It was just a heap of balloons covering the floor so it was hard to walk through and they had to be disposed off obv.

We pulled up around the corner and removed the cans. The shaving cream wasn't on the front window, so it was ok to drive.  My BIL was driving us to the hotel to have our nuptial makeout, so I guess after that he hosed the shaving cream off the car.  We went away in our honeymoon the next morning, and when we returned the car was normal again.  Hopefully we thanked him - I'm sure we did, but it was 1992 and my memory is a bit vague of those details.  I do remember that a brother who had decorated  many a car, was so determined that his wouldn't be decorated, that he paid for a hire car to pick them up from his reception. Probably a smart move.

I was at a fundy lite wedding where they trashed the outside of the car only. And some experienced married people snuck in a box of stuff the happy couple might need for the deflowering that would follow. Apparently new couples who are virginal don't foresee needing lubricant, a change of nightgown, or... Whatever else they put in there. As an unmarried person myself I was not deemed old enough to be included i. This discussion (I was 23 at the time....)

I was at a fundy lite wedding where they trashed the outside of the car only. And some experienced married people snuck in a box of stuff the happy couple might need for the deflowering that would follow. Apparently new couples who are virginal don't foresee needing lubricant, a change of nightgown, or... Whatever else they put in there. As an unmarried person myself I was not deemed old enough to be included i. This discussion (I was 23 at the time....)

Would be very interested to see what goes in the box and if it is something that is regularly done at fundie weddings.

If they don´t foresee needing lubricant, how are they supposed to know what to do with it even if it is given to them? :my_huh:

But, well, maybe they also put some sort of "operating manual" in the box, so the couple would be informed about how to use all that unknown stuff... "Sorry, hon´, will be with you in a minute, just checking out these instructions first!"

So very romantic indeed!:irony:

At my sister's wedding last year a few friends decorated her car with those special chalk things made specifically for cars - they just wrote normal stuff like "Congratulations", "Just Married", "Mr. and Mrs. Rex."

Thankfully no one did that at our wedding. I think they realized I would die of embarrassment.

I did spend time on a wedding website for a bit and one girl there told about how her new husband's sibling and cousin trashed their house - and when I say trashed, I mean literally. There were gouges all over their wood floors, all their stuff was thrown all over the place, shaving cream on the carpeting - she had pictures to prove it too. You name it, it was probably ruined. They ended up calling the cops on the two of them because it was so bad and the in-laws refused to make them take responsibility.

At my sister's wedding last year a few friends decorated her car with those special chalk things made specifically for cars - they just wrote normal stuff like "Congratulations", "Just Married", "Mr. and Mrs. Rex."

Thankfully no one did that at our wedding. I think they realized I would die of embarrassment.

I did spend time on a wedding website for a bit and one girl there told about how her new husband's sibling and cousin trashed their house - and when I say trashed, I mean literally. There were gouges all over their wood floors, all their stuff was thrown all over the place, shaving cream on the carpeting - she had pictures to prove it too. You name it, it was probably ruined. They ended up calling the cops on the two of them because it was so bad and the in-laws refused to make them take responsibility.

That is horrible!!!! Do the little shits not realize how much that costs to fix??

That is horrible!!!! Do the little shits not realize how much that costs to fix??

Either they didn't realize or didn't care. It was a really shitty thing to do - the newlyweds had to spend their wedding night cleaning up. So now when I see what JD has done in the past, it doesn't phase me too much. Could be a whole lot worse!

If they don´t foresee needing lubricant, how are they supposed to know what to do with it even if it is given to them? :my_huh:

But, well, maybe they also put some sort of "operating manual" in the box, so the couple would be informed about how to use all that unknown stuff... "Sorry, hon´, will be with you in a minute, just checking out these instructions first!"

So very romantic indeed!:irony:

Didn't Josh and Anna listen to some kind of manual audio book on their way to the hotel after the wedding? I thought it was a bit weird, but figured probably a wise move for their situation.

Didn't Josh and Anna listen to some kind of manual audio book on their way to the hotel after the wedding? I thought it was a bit weird, but figured probably a wise move for their situation.

I have been very late to the Duggars. I had hardly started being interested in them when Joshgate no. I happened. So I have not seen much of the earlier shows (a little bit on Youtube). I think I have heard about the audio book thing but have never really thought about it before now...

Poor things, especially poor Anna. :my_sad: Is not that a horribly embarrassing situation, sitting there with somebody with whom you´ve never once before been allowed to exchange a single truly private sentence and listen to how you are, within the next half hour or so, expected to fit construction component A into construction component B, all the while constantly keeping in mind that all this awkward stuff is somehow very godly and holy?

They have so many crazy rules about how to preserve what they call modesty - but they have no respect at all for (imo) quite natural feelings of shame and awkwardness... :pb_redface:

Either they didn't realize or didn't care. It was a really shitty thing to do - the newlyweds had to spend their wedding night cleaning up. So now when I see what JD has done in the past, it doesn't phase me too much. Could be a whole lot worse!

The main thing that gets me about JD trashing cars is that he likes to mess with the actual mechanics of the car. Oh let's mess around with the brakes and connect them to the horn! Nothing could possibly go stop when you fuck with the brakes! Idjit.

For everyone interested in the leghumpers Ellie and Lily's relationship with the Duggars, here is an entry that tells the story.  Per Ellie, they started the blog around 14 & Pregnant Again time as their was no centralized way for leghumpers to worship at the altar of Meechelle's womb.   Through this fan girl blog,  they were able to meet and develop a relationship with the Duggars-- including being one of the 1000 people invited to both weddings.  

Also through this they were able to meet the Bates and give them the same treatment.  And recently they have started a Willis Blog.  So I guess if you or someone you know is a full high capacity baby factory, L & E will write a blog about you too.

www.nashvillewife.com/2015/11/the-story-of-my-blogs.html

Friends of mine had their hotel room destroyed by the groom's fraternity "brothers" -- chocolate syrup on the walls and all over the bed kind of thing.  The couple ended up being charged thousands of dollars for the damage to the room.  I doubt they had as much fun as Keith Richards does when he wrecks a room.

Veering off the present topic, to bring you this:

What Jessa would look like with Michelle's mullet, makeup by Jill-Rod, a case of Jim Bob's hairspray, and a secret shopping trip with cousin Amy.

phiji7l92c1.thumb.jpg.675f4f89db7819d350

Veering off the present topic, to bring you this:

What Jessa would look like with Michelle's mullet, makeup by Jill-Rod, a case of Jim Bob's hairspray, and a secret shopping trip with cousin Amy.

phiji7l92c1.thumb.jpg.675f4f89db7819d350

She looks like she's taking a stylized glamour shot.  

She looks grumpy because she's annoyed because her toddler husband is having a tantrum because baby Spu (spew) had a blowout in his diaper and Jana's nowhere to be found because she took off with one of the lighting guys.

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived