IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

I think the most "real" version of JD that we got, at least in the last season, was when the girls were redecorating their room. Normally JD comes off as really not with it, but he was a little bit funny. I'd also be curious to know what he's like away from the film crew.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like John David.  He works full time and stays out of the lime light.  There were several TLC things where he was absent because they said he had to work, including birthday parties and stuff.  So, I think he has his priorities straight.  He also has a lot of outside interests and hobbies (like flying, being a Constable, etc.)  He also invests earnings in real estate.  I think he puts Josh to shame.  One more thing:  I don't think he lives at the Duggar commune.  I think he's been outa there for a long time.

I know my rant about JD was a little out of know where.  I think it's interesting how we can take in the same source material and come to different conclusions about people.  My theory is that he doesn't stay out of the lime light so much as the camera dose not love him.  I've never met any of them so I don't really know, I just get a very unpleasnt vibe when he's on the screen. 

They just BURNED Josh Duggar on the CMA Awards

I came here to post this - I didn't realize mountain time ha me an hour behind 

:56247958035f1_32(18):

SportsgalAnnie: What did they say about Joshie?

Nothing too major - Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are hosting and they did a few jingles to kind of sum up 2015, and sang about the Ashley Madison leak - when they were finished with the AM song, Brad strummed a few chords and sang out "Josh Duggar" 

:dance:

I came here to post this - I didn't realize mountain time ha me an hour behind 

:56247958035f1_32(18):

Nothing too major - Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are hosting and they did a few jingles to kind of sum up 2015, and sang about the Ashley Madison leak - when they were finished with the AM song, Brad strummed a few chords and sang out "Josh Duggar" 

:dance:

when your wife or sisters dont work out 

I think the  Alberta Homeschool Conference has too much money if they are paying Ma & Pa J'Duggar to speak.  Those two are a pair of idiots who raised a bunch of second generation idiots.  Great examples of homeschooling!  You would think they would want parents who homeschooled successful students who went on to Ivy League Colleges on full scholarships not parents who taught their children little more than how to grift, clean house, cook dinner for 20 people and mow lawns.

I see your point, but most American and Canadian parents are raising kids who will end up being the normal accountants and shop owners and nurses and sales reps ... i.e. typical middle class.  There are not enough jobs in the high power / high profile world for EVERY high school graduate ...    Except for a small handful of prestigious prep schools, there's normal a divergence of some kids off to State U, a few to work with their hands as farmers or master craftsmen, many to small liberal arts schools, one off to Peace Corp or Missions, etc.    

We've just begun homeschooling (oldest is five) but in 30 years if my kids are happy, productive, kind and generous members of society who have found jobs they at least don't hate and hopefully love I'll consider my homeschooling a success.     If one goes on to Harvard or Yale or Penn and becomes a doc, great.    But if not, that's ok too.  

I like John David.  He works full time and stays out of the lime light.  There were several TLC things where he was absent because they said he had to work, including birthday parties and stuff.  So, I think he has his priorities straight.  He also has a lot of outside interests and hobbies (like flying, being a Constable, etc.)  He also invests earnings in real estate.  I think he puts Josh to shame.  One more thing:  I don't think he lives at the Duggar commune.  I think he's been outa there for a long time.

And Constable is an elected position, right?    So their neighbors in what is a pretty small town must respect him ... I can't imagine a 25 year old getting elected to a position of authority like that in the North East suburbs ...

And Constable is an elected position, right?    So their neighbors in what is a pretty small town must respect him ... I can't imagine a 25 year old getting elected to a position of authority like that in the North East suburbs ...

Yes, he was elected to the position.  (I don't think it's a paid position, though.)

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2013/01/john-david-duggar-arkansas-constable.html

John David seems like an okay guy, and he's managed some degree of independence and accomplishment.  Both he and Jana seem to have the same very quiet almost meek personality.  I feel sorry for them both because they seem the types who can be "used" by the more boisterous or pushy types in the family (Jim Bob).  I also sense they really have no stomach for TLC fame and enjoy being part of the family, but in the background.  Jana plays her role, but doesn't have the personality to be a major player in a TLC show.  I can't imagine Jana wanting her courtship and wedding televised.

I no longer care when Jessa and Bin have the baby--or what they name it.  I know longer care how much the Dullards grift.   I no longer care what the disgusting thing Josh does next.

BECAUSE THE ROYALS WON THE WORLD SERIES!

Let's go Royals (clap-clap-clapclapclap):Yes:

As a Blue Jays fan, I seriously considered implementing my prerogative to downvote this post! 

(I decided to upvote it, though, because I know how happy and excited you Royals fans must be!!1!1!)

Just read earlier that Mama June said the family is getting back onto reality tv. It isn't on TLC but they should be on in december as well.

I guess they can't be too mad at the Duggars for being able to get a show back on too!

Mama June and her (ex?)-husband are going on "Marriage boot camp" or something like that.  Reality "stars" just keep chugging out more crap.

I think JD is kind of backwards sort of guy.  I don't think he's particularly smart and I think he's embraced the culture he's been raised in terms of things like guns, trashing cars and probably has some views about other people that would make me boiling mad.  But I think you could say the same thing about most of the Duggar off spring.  What you can't say about many of them is that they actually seem to be pretty hard working.  And he seems to in some ways stand up to his father such as showing no interest in getting married and skipping out on the show sometimes.  I think he's probably thrilled that the show is canceled.

Thought she was slimming down... please lawd don't let her be knocked up again...

Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-41-20.png

i wonder if it's just a weirdly unflattering shirt because her face has looked SO THIN lately

I'd say just a weird shirt.

I was looking at a larger version of that picture because I could have sworn that photo on the wall was Josh with a beard. But...it's not.

It could also be due to where her skirt is resting too. She may feel more comfortable pulling her skirt up high, or low below her tummy.

She has aged a lot since Joshgate.

I know my rant about JD was a little out of know where.  I think it's interesting how we can take in the same source material and come to different conclusions about people.  My theory is that he doesn't stay out of the lime light so much as the camera dose not love him.  I've never met any of them so I don't really know, I just get a very unpleasnt vibe when he's on the screen. 

Yes, I get the same uncomfortable vibe with him. Why on earth does he think it is funny trash people's cars? 

And even if you can look past that / explain it with the Duggar's (lack of) sense of humor, it was his idea to disturb his brother's ACTUAL WEDDING - not just the celebration afterwards - to put the spotlight onto himself (acting as if he forgot the rings,  jumping off the stage, RUNNING out of the church, for heavens sake, and RUNNING back in.) 

During the actual ceremony. A wedding. Just to steal the attention away from what was happening and  onto himself. 

Yeah, I do not get the impression that he is somehow shy AT ALL.

TLC made that whole thing up.

JD is prob. the only Duggar w/any ambition.

It's nice to see Michelle teaching the littles how to sew.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand John-David. Obviously I don't know the guy, but he just comes across as a total buffoon and a total asshole, which really isn't a winning combination. It kind of surprises me that everyone hates Jessa because she's too 'arrogant' and 'self-absorbed' and 'princessy' but John-David is a pet fundie because he's not on social media and he flies around in an airplane. No kidding he's got ambition, he's allowed to as long as it's fundie-approved, because he's a male. Get back to me when Joy-Anna's in flight school or flipping houses.

TLC made that whole thing up.

JD is prob. the only Duggar w/any ambition.

I really do not believe they made it up. This was one of the very early episodes. The camera crew said later that at that time, JimBob was extremely suspicuous of the camera crew and constantly followed them around. He never left them alone with the children, probably because they could "corrupt" them by telling them about evolution, for example.

At that time, I really do not see them having the influence in the family to motivate someone to disturb his own brother's wedding in that way.

I could see them motiasting someone to trash a car. Disturb a wedding? I really don't think so, especially at that time, when the connection to the family was still very fragile.

Even later, I really do not think they would set someone up to disturb a *wedding*. No normal person would think that is okay in any way, shape or form. Just John David.

John-David has pulled this crap at other weddings. He's pulled other fairly mean-spirited pranks, too. He's definitely his father's son.

I think John-David was around 18 when Josh got married.  What he did was very immature.  If he did that today I would think he's a major jerk but I'll give a pass to an immature 18 yr old JD.  For me the jury is still out on him.

I went to a "half" fundie home church wedding and the same thing happened.  The preacher left the rings in the car.  He threw his keys to his son so the rings could be retrieved. I still have no idea of it was staged or not.  (Half of the guests drank, danced and wore immodest clothing. The fundie half watched. )

Considering how important religion is for the Duggars you would think they would have a greater respect for the sanctity of the sacrament of marriage. 

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived