IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we disnt know izzys name but she did.

No but sometimes she starts speculating on things after they have been speculated about here. We might not always be the source but sometimes, I think that we are. 

seen the recent pics though? Poor jenni and poor jaes sister mom going again and post the photos.

Yeah the picture of Jenni broke my heart! :pb_cry:

Have you all seen this AV club article yet? Apparently someone made a calendar of Michelle Duggar quotes over pictures of clearly overwhelmed animal-moms. Hilarious :pb_lol:

http://www.avclub.com/article/michelle-duggars-sacred-blessings-calendar-pitch-p-227196

ETA: Warning, Spiders on final picture ^ 

Oh I love it !!  But  I wanted to see the other 9 months... The spoof "Calendar" seems to have only three months.  Granted that the problem is that Michelle doesn't seem to say much that is new, just variations on the same themes, so I guess finding 12 utterances worth mocking was hard.  :kitty-wink:

I don't know where to put this, hopefully this thread is ok. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has worked on revamping the site. it looks amazing and the functionality is great. thank you so much for everyone who has put such time and effort into this!! :dance:

Putting in this :output_eeMbjt: because i can!! now :brainbleach:

Have you all seen this AV club article yet? Apparently someone made a calendar of Michelle Duggar quotes over pictures of clearly overwhelmed animal-moms. Hilarious :pb_lol:

http://www.avclub.com/article/michelle-duggars-sacred-blessings-calendar-pitch-p-227196

ETA: Warning, Spiders on final picture ^ 

This is absolutely hysterical! :pb_lol:  I wish Michelle and her daughters and Anna would each receive one for Christmas.

This iblp lawsuit might get crazy, folks!! More exposure showing how toxic the duggars/ bates beliefs are!!

I don't know where to put this, hopefully this thread is ok. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has worked on revamping the site. it looks amazing and the functionality is great. thank you so much for everyone who has put such time and effort into this!! :dance:

Putting in this :output_eeMbjt: because i can!! now :brainbleach:

Oh my gosh that emoticon is.....wow 

But I second you, the site is awesome!

I had no idea that there were tutorial videos on how to do your makeup just like Jana, Jill and Jinger. This is apparently a follow up to the hair tutorials. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jill-duggar-jana-and-jinger-makeup-tutorials-videos-20152210

Sorry to jump topics. Just curious- I'm not on Facebook so I don't read all of what Pickles writes but I'm able to see some. I just started looking there a couple of days ago.  Sorry if this has been discussed before but does she really get insider info? Some of what I read we talked about on here before.  Also is she um.... Grouchy to put it nicely. Some of the comments I read that she posted were very terse seeming.  I guess I'm just looking for a bit of info on what her deal is.  Maybe it's a great site and I am missing something or maybe it is because I can't access everything but it seems like it's kind of a rip off.  Free jinger is wayyyyy better no matter what! 

I think any dope with a facebook can send pickles information.  FJ is awesome, but a forum takes a little more time investment than popping a message to the ~Duggar Exposer~ on facebook.  Most of the time I can trace all the photos she gets back to a Duggar source (DerJill actually do post quite a few on their website) but occasionally a random person will see the Duggars in the wild and send it to Pickles.  She's also stated she doesn't live near the Duggars.

*shrugs*

I had no idea that there were tutorial videos on how to do your makeup just like Jana, Jill and Jinger. This is apparently a follow up to the hair tutorials. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jill-duggar-jana-and-jinger-makeup-tutorials-videos-20152210

As one who typically loves makeup tutorials, this is really terrible quality.  Bless this girls heart, but no. Just no.

This iblp lawsuit might get crazy, folks!! More exposure showing how toxic the duggars/ bates beliefs are!!

Wait...what? Did I miss something?

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2015/10/negligence-lawsuit-filed-against-iblp/

5 women are suing IBLP over the sexual harrassment claims. I've already seen some articles that are mentioning the link between IBLP/ATI and the Duggars. 

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2015/10/negligence-lawsuit-filed-against-iblp/

It appears that Josh was not paid a salary by the FRC!  

I found the latest 990 (IRS required financial reports for non-profits) for FRC Action on guidestar.com. It covers the period of Oct 2013-Sept 2014 (Josh started working there in summer 2013) but does not list him in the section called "Compensation of Officers, Directors, Trustees, Key Employees, Highest Compensated Employees and Independent Contractors."  One would think that the Executive Director of the program would make that list.

Makes me wonder if Josh's job was just volunteer work with a fancy title arranged by JimBob.  He certainly could have lived nicely off his TLC income.  Josh was an under-educated (even by fundie standards) used car salesmen and wasn't qualified for that job at all. Maybe JimBob traded the family name and credibility for an opportunity to establish Josh's political career?  Maybe he was an employee but had a seriously over-inflated title? 

990.png

I still say Amy or one of her friends is Pickles source. I think she runs at the mouth too easily and she and Mr.Pickle like the attention way too much.

:omg: <-- obligatory response to those new emoticons. Well played, helpmeets. 

It appears that Josh was not paid a salary by the FRC!  

I found the latest 990 (IRS required financial reports for non-profits) for FRC Action on guidestar.com. It covers the period of Oct 2013-Sept 2014 (Josh started working there in summer 2013) but does not list him in the section called "Compensation of Officers, Directors, Trustees, Key Employees, Highest Compensated Employees and Independent Contractors."  One would think that the Executive Director of the program would make that list.

Makes me wonder if Josh's job was just volunteer work with a fancy title arranged by JimBob.  He certainly could have lived nicely off his TLC income.  Josh was an under-educated (even by fundie standards) used car salesmen and wasn't qualified for that job at all. Maybe JimBob traded the family name and credibility for an opportunity to establish Josh's political career?  Maybe he was an employee but had a seriously over-inflated title? 

990.png

I don't know, didn't JB not really want them to go?  Also there are not many people listed here and their salaries are very high.  Lastly, many companies have a lot of "Executive Directors" so the title doesn't necessarily mean its truly an executive role.  Its like how the vice presidents at banks are not actually second only to the president anymore, its got new meaning.  

Huh.   Staff making < $50,000 do not need to be listed on the Form 990, but I would have thought he made more than that.

I think he may have been there in an unpaid position, that is very interesting.  It would have seemed at the time to benefit both the Duggars and the FRC.  More so the Duggars, actually - I would think the Family Research Council would have been able to attract more/better talent than Smuggar! 

At least it explains why it seemed like he was only working part-time.

And yes, agree that Exec Director means very little in this context.   

Hmmm.... didn't see the $150k limit at the top of the page.  Maybe he was paid, but not as much as people thought - or as much as the title "Executive Director" would imply. 

I'm sure he got paid a pretty decent wage, but I doubt it was anything like 150k. He had no relevant work experience and no education.

I have to wonder if when Josh got to DC and sat in his first meeting if his head was about to explode with the knowledge that he had no idea for the most part what they were talking about? He has always come across as someone with a very large ego and to sit down and realize that your upbringing has been so sheltered and warped that there are some subjects you have no clue about? Maybe even commonly talked about subjects? What did he have to offer them? Nothing at all. He could not expand their horizons in the least little bit. I would have been angry at my parents for keeping me so isolated that I was socially freakish.

Regarding whether or not Josh was paid, I would be surprised if he was not paid at all.   The Duggars like to be paid, and life in DC is expensive.  I could, however, see it as a part time position with a fancy title.  He might have been paid less than 50 thou for a part time position (and the position would not appear in that document) and since he had other income, the arrangement suited him:  Fancy title, lots of media exposure, no regular work hours, a chance to hobnob with politicians and feel important... 

Or maybe, as someone suggested, this isn't the only list of salaries -- he may have been paid from a specific PAC or under some other category.   Interesting, though, that he wasn't one of the regular "executives."  Not surprising, just interesting.  (And yeah, some places nowadays have more Vice Presidents than staff.)

I have to wonder if when Josh got to DC and sat in his first meeting if his head was about to explode with the knowledge that he had no idea for the most part what they were talking about? He has always come across as someone with a very large ego and to sit down and realize that your upbringing has been so sheltered and warped that there are some subjects you have no clue about? Maybe even commonly talked about subjects? What did he have to offer them? Nothing at all. He could not expand their horizons in the least little bit. I would have been angry at my parents for keeping me so isolated that I was socially freakish.

The question is whether he had any inkling of how ignorant and ill-prepared he was.  Some of these undereducated, self-satisfied people never seem to know that they don't know enough.  He may have thought he knew everything and articulated strong opinions based on the little he knew.

I honestly wonder if any of the Duggars realize how ignorant and "freakish' they are.

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived