IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

I'm rewatching 16 kids and Moving in for the first time in 9 yrs. Wow. Wisdom booklets. The original mention of the TTH. "Everybody say perpendicular. " as an example of their teaching.  The Josh voice over. Oy.  :my_dodgy:

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came across this.  Check out how much they command for speaking engagements:

http://www.celebrityspeakersbureau.com/talent/bob-michelle-duggar/

It cracks me up that Khloe Kardashian is listed next to them as "Similar Talent."  She gets $100,000+

And this... 

Capture.PNG

OMG!  That is :omg:  This must be one of those bogus sites.

Haha they don't even have the right name with the picture!  10-20 grand is absurd!! Why not spread your love of the Lord for free.... Oh wait you're the duggars. 

I'm rewatching 16 kids and Moving in for the first time in 9 yrs. Wow. Wisdom booklets. The original mention of the TTH. "Everybody say perpendicular. " as an example of their teaching.  The Josh voice over. Oy.  :my_dodgy:

I watched it recently too! Soooo weird! Josh's arrogance was front and center! It drives me bonkers the way he says "you won't learn that sitting in a classroom" (maybe not verbatim but something like that).  Right because your education was so top-notch and superior!! Ugh!! 

Could they have paid for Josh's living expenses like his housing and maybe a food stipend and it didn't count toward his salary? Perhaps calling it a bonus. If that was the case, they could get away with paying him much less and it wouldn't show up on the form.

OMG, I just realized that this is an emoticon:  :output_eeMbjt:

Forgive the frivolous post, but I needed an occasion to use that!. FJ is awesome!

This when life is imitating life or .... something.  Horrid, but good, but awful, but necessary, but icky, but relevant.  Or some other mumbo jumbo.  Yes.

OMG, I just realized that this is an emoticon:  :output_eeMbjt:

Forgive the frivolous post, but I needed an occasion to use that!. FJ is awesome!

barfbarfbarf

I am very sorry for saying this, but at least the Duggars can talk about their shit. But over 100000 dollars for kim kardashian? What the fuck is she going to talk about? "It is easy and fashion able to look dead in the eyes!!" "Look at my ass" Really, that makes me even more mad than the Duggars price

The most interesting thing about the Duggar listings on this site is how they are categorized.  They are listed under reality stars and authors/best sellers.  Michelle is also tagged as a celebrity mom.  Neither the DQ/Boob nor Jilly are tagged as faith and religion speakers, which is where I would have expected to find them.   It appears their faith/religion might be too focused to appeal to the greater masses.  Greater masses meaning everyone not in the Duggar family.

$10,000 to hear "like, um, like, totally..." Ugh. I will say they certainly think very highly of themselves. Plus, for that much do you get to ask any questions you like or do they have to be pre-approved by "Bob"? I wonder if they would speak on their religion or for a church for lesser fees or for no fee at all? No, who am I kidding. It is the Duggars. They are grifters.

Were their books bestsellers?

Since when does Jim Bob just go by Bob?  

Has he finally realized how Stupid Jim Bob sounds?

No never! That would never happen! If he realized how stupid he looks and sounds sometimes, this :output_eeMbjt: never would have happened! (Ok so maybe I wanted to use that emoticon too but hey it's true!)

I can't imagine that people actually pay them these prices.  I mean, they don't even have anything important to say. 

One can only hear godly and pray so many times...

an't imagine that people actually pay them these prices.  I mean, they don't even have anything important to say. 

Don't forget "purpose". :-)

an't imagine that people actually pay them these prices.  I mean, they don't even have anything important to say. 

Don't forget "purpose". :-)

Fellowship and precious! 

So if Jill is available for speaking, does that mean another trip back from her "missions?" And if she travels back-and-forth for the sake of $20,000, she's got some nerve asking for donations for her "ministry." Also, why wouldn't any of the other kids be available for speaking? are only the married ones acceptable to spread the word?

Since when does Jim Bob just go by Bob?  

Has he finally realized how Stupid Jim Bob sounds?

FWIW. -- It doesn't sound stupid in the American South.  It sounds folksy and friendly.  I have gotten used to it after 30+ years in the area.  Granted that outside the South (capitalized to indicate the region, not the direction) all Southerners are sometimes looked at as somewhat stupid and potentially backwards.  But it is a normal name for the Bible Belt.

Now it just so happens that JimBob is a stupid person, but I know some men with names like that who are reasonably smart and not sleazy.    That said, I agree that, to the outsider, those double-diminutive Southern names do sound stupid. :my_rolleyes:

The Duggars appear to have been removed from that website. When I click the link, it goes to the homepage. How much were M&JB pulling in?

The Duggars appear to have been removed from that website. When I click the link, it goes to the homepage. How much were M&JB pulling in?

The link still works for me; it says they get between 10 and 20k. 

The link still works for me; it says they get between 10 and 20k. 

I realized they weren't showing up when I was on mobile but they are on the desktop version, thanks! 

I figured they'd be a bit more than Jill/Jessa but it's not like Michelle and JB know anything those two don't.

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived