IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

Josh isn't going to do an interview with Fox or anyone else saying he has reformed. No one actually cares about the cheating on his wife. What they want to hear about is the molestation. That's what brings ratings. Had there been no molestation scandal we would be the only people still talking about the cheating because it was just legal sex, outside of any alleged paying of prostitutes.

Sex scandals die fast because there is always another scandal behind it to take its place. Molestation sticks better than gum on your shoe. Josh can't explain away the molestation. There is no answer he can give that will be good enough for the majority of people. If anything, Josh is likely to build himself a bigger hole. You can't reform yourself from that. People will accept murder before they accept child molestation. Josh is done. Everytime anyone looks at him all there will see is a child molester.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing interesting would be if they actually explored the fallout surrounding Josh's scandals and documented honestly how the family is dealing with it. No Christianese, no fake smiles, no bullshit. It would still be totally exploitative, and I wouldn't endorse it, but it's just about the only thing in their lives that would be interesting to outside parties.

Most families with this sort of situation would do this. Even Kate Gosselin did after the divorce, although it was mostly geared toward making her look saintly and thus didn't really work.

The issue with the Duggars is that JB & M have a compulsion to look "perfect" and better than everyone else and let us know that they're beloved by all. Showing any sort of remotely honest fallout would show how that's not their reality at all. As much as they say they're not perfect and are sinners (and boy do we know that now) they are way more focused on platitudes about vague "struggles" and stories about cutting grass in a bikini than actually admitting that, yes, they were too proud of themselves and that their fall is partially due to that.

Josh isn't going to do an interview with Fox or anyone else saying he has reformed. No one actually cares about the cheating on his wife. What they want to hear about is the molestation. That's what brings ratings. Had there been no molestation scandal we would be the only people still talking about the cheating because it was just legal sex, outside of any alleged paying of prostitutes.

Sex scandals die fast because there is always another scandal behind it to take its place. Molestation sticks better than gum on your shoe. Josh can't explain away the molestation. There is no answer he can give that will be good enough for the majority of people. If anything, Josh is likely to build himself a bigger hole. You can't reform yourself from that. People will accept murder before they accept child molestation. Josh is done. Everytime anyone looks at him all there will see is a child molester.

I too wonder what the outcome would have been if we had heard about the cheating before the molestation. Would they be so eager to send Jill and Jessa to defend him then?

19 Kids was TLC's #1 show when it was abruptly canceled. And advertisers left along with it. TLC is probably really this desperate.

I hope TLC doesn't fold because Long Island Medium just got picked up for another season, and I love that pile of something.

Man, if they're really that desperate, they can come film my life. It's really boring and I don't have a lot of kids (or any, actually), but at least I don't have any sex scandals either! lol

Can't TLC just see what the issues are that concerning people in 2015 that people want to "learn" about. Shows they would never do but would/could be educational, maybe adult children talking care of elderly parents or parents of kids with autism. Maybe a show, following kids graduating from high school and seeing them apply to college, work, military, or trade school (and compare their lives) or even college grads trying to find jobs or deciding to go to grad school. The could do trading spaces 2.0, my kid is moving back in after college.

I'll admit I like reality tv. TLC needs to just admit it is now basically a all reality tv channel or go back to its roots. I know what I am getting when I watch big brother, amazing race, survivor, or masterchef. I know that the people jobs or lives might be exaggerated but I watch knowing that. TLC is doing a disservice to show the unemployed Seewalds having a baby and living comfortably or Derick just giving up his career to be a missionary.

Does TLC even call itself The Learning Channel anymore?

So many of their reality shows are just about various large families. It's weird. And really pointless.

No, TLC should definitely come follow my life! So far today I gardened, then made mac and cheese for lunch, then did a supermarket shop.

Later I'm planning on watching some TV while ironing just enough clothes to get me through the next week in work.

Exciting, eh? Can you make the cheque out to cash please TLC?

:D

TLC did not listen until everyone but Lowe's dropped their advertising on 19 Kids. That's where it hurts.

TLC probably counts your feedback as an indication you'll hatewatch, LOL.

I sent them an email saying they need to stop focusing on freak shows and return to being The Learning Channel.

TLC is the definitive proof that the libertarian mantra that everything is better in the private sector is utter horseshit. It used to be owned by NASA, and it was a source of quality, educational programming. And now it's total trash that does everything to get the lowest common denominator demographic.

No, TLC should definitely come follow my life! So far today I gardened, then made mac and cheese for lunch, then did a supermarket shop.

Later I'm planning on watching some TV while ironing just enough clothes to get me through the next week in work.

Exciting, eh? Can you make the cheque out to cash please TLC?

:D

TBH, TLC really could do a show about us. Our members have some pretty awesome and significant lives. We are incredibly diverse yet share a common cause. It would be pretty interesting... Hell, a show just about my dog would be more interesting than listening to the Duggars coo at each other for 45 minutes. My dog definitely licks himself and definitely has been known to put his nose where people dont want it, but he's never molested anyone, cheated, or told others that they're "doing it wrong."

"Hope that helps" is one of my favorite FB pages. This isnt them, but its still pretty awesome. Raise your hand, who is trolling the TLC FB page posting this:

post-315-1445200089269_thumb.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

eta - I'm talking about "customer service"

TLC . . . used to be owned by NASA, and it was a source of quality, educational programming. And now it's total trash that does everything to get the lowest common denominator demographic.

It isn't just TLC that has gone downhill with the passion for "reality" TV and appealing to the "masses." I remember when the Discovery channel had really interesting documentaries, when the History channel had history (even if it was mostly documentaries about war), when the Food channel had interesting shows with recipes and information (instead of contests), when A&E had really good programming, ranging from BBC series (the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice was first broadcast over A&E), reruns of good shows from networks (such as the original Law and Order) and things like An Evening at the Improv which felt like a regular series of comedy specials...

All these cable channels have names that suggest different content, but they are all the same. What has History to do with "Ice Road Truckers"? What do all these odd families to do with "Learning"?

Forgive the rant, please. But the subject stirs up strong emotions.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2449404/duggar-familys-return-to-television-who-is-sponsoring-it-and-who-refuses/

This article runs down the stance sponsors have taken, and how to contact them. I doubt that we can stop it from airing, but we may be able to force them to run it without commercials - making it less profitable and therefore unlikely to continue.

Thanks for the link.

On the subject of the specials running without ads, I wonder if they would do that. I have assumed that the sexual abuse special was counted towards the public service announcement quota that every broadcasting company has to satisfy. (I don't know how it works nowadays and with cable, but as a college student I interned with a local station as part of a team that produced PSAs from the community to satisfy that quota. A one hour special would mean fewer 1 minute free PSA "spots" required and would pay off indirectly by freeing other commercial time.)

There is no way that "Jessa Becomes a Mommy" or "The Dillards Do the Missionary Thing" [double entendre intended] could be seen as a public service so it would be a total loss to broadcast. (There would be money in the DVD or streaming video deals though.)

I don't know. Maybe someone who knows about program marketing and sponsors today could comment on the likelihood of shows like this running without commercials.

I was just on the Panera Facebook page (for unrelated reasons) and saw that there was post after post after post asking them not to support the Jill and Jessa specials.

I was just on the Panera Facebook page (for unrelated reasons) and saw that there was post after post after post asking them not to support the Jill and Jessa specials.

I just went to check and I hope Panera pulls it's ads and not put their heads in the sand. TLC really needs to quit the Duggars.....even though they are their bread and butter.

A long time ago my favorite show was "The Operation" on TLC. I'm talking about 1997 or so. I saw a knee replacement, a caesarean section, a vasectomy reversal, etc.

That was real learning! Funny though, because even at that time I could never stand to watch heart (or eye) surgery. The C-section almost made me sick! Then I had a child with Tetralogy of Fallot. After that I had to have an emergency c-section to deliver my month early white boy, he held up his stereotype by being super whimpy and staying in the level III NICU for a decent amount of time.

edited to say that, I did learn some useful info from TLC back when they actually spread knowledge.

A long time ago my favorite show was "The Operation" on TLC. I'm talking about 1997 or so. I saw a knee replacement, a caesarean section, a vasectomy reversal, etc.

That was real learning! Funny though, because even at that time I could never stand to watch heart (or eye) surgery. The C-section almost made me sick! Then I had a child with Tetralogy of Fallot. After that I had to have an emergency c-section to deliver my month early white boy, he held up his stereotype by being super whimpy and staying in the level III NICU for a decent amount of time.

edited to say that, I did learn some useful info from TLC back when they actually spread knowledge.

I have TLC to thank for giving me the idea of wanting to be a OB/GYN after watching that plus it's a baby story, mind you at age 6! (till I realized although the birthing process is like an amazing thing I just couldn't stomach it)

If Megyn Kelly's evil twin could get Josh into an interview - it might be gold. I think America WANTS to hear from him, maybe not hisremorse (doubtful it exists), but an interview to get closure as in... what in the hell led you to think this sort of behavior was ok...

Edited to bold.

Honestly as much as I have enjoyed the Duggar Schadenfreude this summer, I'm very concerned about these two families and their ability to feed their children now that the show has been cancelled and they have no employable skills / no plans to stop having babies.

So I'm secretly quite happy that these two and their young families can ride the TLC money train for at least a little bit longer.

Nope. Not me. They are fully capable of STOPPING the baby train if they can't afford more kids. Get a job or stop making more people. They completely need to experience REAL life, not Hollywood tv life. Sucks for their kids, but they are the ones choosing to have those kids.

I love d a baby story! I feel that was befoe they faked things up.

I was so sad when I realized how super fake Secret Pregnancy was and realized most all reality shows are "jazzed up"

I think more viewers genuinely liked them in the beginning and actually enjoyed them until their real beliefs came out. If you read older posts on DWOP, you see how the sentiment has changed.

I didnt pay the post about the specials any attention until now -but just wow. 19K FB has a post as well. The thing is Duggar Family Blog, Duggar Family Official, and 19K have all blocked Posts to Page.

Thats How my mom and I were until we found out the truth, for her it was the Jubliee thing for me it was before Michael was born.

Wow, having a hard time understanding why a mother would feel the need to throw around racial stereotypes to call her medically fragile infant a whimp. I’ve dealt with having a NICU baby who needed several major surgeries in her first years of life. It’s hard and I get it that humor can be a coping tool. But sometimes off-color jokes are funny…and sometimes they aren’t.

My daughter has been through more physical trauma than I think I could handle myself. There have been many times when it has taken her longer to recover than expected. Her body may be fragile but she's got the toughest spirit of anyone I know. Can't even fathom disrespecting her, even on an anonymous forum, by calling her whimpy.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived