IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

I'm guessing the Jessa birth special will be as edited as Jill's. The real question will be whether they re air the 1.5 hours of Michelle's births in it the same way they did with Jill. I'm also wondering if this will be commercial free, as a "we told you people would watch" to the wary advertisers.

Considering they have no outside friends and the Duggar family is toxic, I'm not sure they can have a baby shower. They'll probably show Jill, Jessa, Jana, and Jinger decorating the baby's room, various ultrasounds, Ben talking to the belly... and the birth (sanitized and after Jessa gets her hair did). There likely will be a shot of all 3 Duggar infants lying together sans any adults...

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for another rousing edition of, "Velocirapture Translates Bullshit!"

Today's Bullshit is from the statement given to the AP by that TLC person:

"What we will be following in these specials is Jessa preparing for her first child spawn of Satan to be born unto the world," TLC Executive Vice President and General Manager Nancy Daniels told The Associated Press, "and we'll be watching Jill the DillZillas preparing to make a major move to Central America with her family in order to terrorize small Catholic villages, which we know is something our audience will be interested in - because we all know Catholics aren't really Christian, am I right?!."

The project, Daniels said, came together quickly "after talking with the girls and understanding that this was something they wanted to do. Because all parties involved are completely desperate for money and will, quite literally, sell their souls to get some.

"We know that our audience is really excited about what's been going on with Jill and Jessa as they move into young adulthood really fucking stupid," said Daniels. "And now they're both at the precipice of big changes. With what was happening in their lives in the next few months, it felt like now is the time (for the specials), and we got going pretty quickly. Now that a few months have passed and everyone has totally forgotten that they minimized sexual assault, we feel confident that our viewers will be stupid enough to welcome them back into their wallet- err. . . I mean, hearts."

The specials will be following a recent documentary clusterfuck TLC commissioned and aired to raise awareness of child sexual abuse nationwide. Both women participated in that film, titled "Breaking the Silence The Duggars Are Only Here So They Don't Get Fined."

"They thought it was an important issue, and they showed an incredible amount of courage in sharing their story because the allegations coming to light made them aware that their gravy train was at risk for derailing," Daniels said. "We were struck by that courage, and by how they are moving forward awareness as well and were shitting ourselves with fear over losing our biggest cash cow. Our audience continues to be engaged with what's going on in their lives mindless robots who will watch anything we claim is wholesome family fun!

"There's no doubt it's been a tough few months on the family, and we've obviously been in close contact with them as they've been going through it," Daniels added "There is no doubt it's been a tough few months for TLC and its obvious the family begged us to put them back on air," Daniels added. "At TLC, we pride ourselves on selling out and rewarding those who make us money - even when it means minimizing child sexual abuse. We have no souls."

Oh c'mon tlc, this damned family road triple was supossed to end today. Couldn't you have waited tilla then to announce this? :pull-hair:

Now Seriously, I wasn't expecting this so soon. Not before a year after joshgate.

In AA, they talk about people needing to hit bottom before they realize the need to make changes in their lives.

This special will keep Jill, Jessa and their husbands from hitting bottom by providing them an artificial and temporary life preserver. They will thus be encouraged to pop out more and more children to keep the cameras focused on them. It might even work.

Why oh why do I keep getting my hopes up that they will actually escape? :angry-banghead:

I totally agree! If the Duggars were making $25,000-40,000 an episode, how much money will the Dillards and Seewalds be making with "two or more" specials? My guess would be at least that much an episode, especially if the rating are through the roof. It's disgusting to think that they could be making $50,000-80,000! :angry-banghead:

What are they going to title this special bullshit?

"So I grew up in a cult, give me money?"

"I like being on Teevee?"

"Here is the link to my registry?"

"Ignore the fact that my life is a lie, I deserve fame?"

"Dont forget that I'm pregnant?'

I just... I cant... no words... :angry-banghead:

:lol:

There is no way I could look at Jill Jessa JimBoob or Jchelle and not think of Josh. And what about Anna and the Mkids? Will they be allowed to show their faces? I bet JimBoob brokered the deal and gets a hefty cut. Sound like a real snoozefest, your sacrifice in recapping this clusterfluck is truly appreciated as I just don't have the stomach to watch. The only reason I do not totally hate TLC is because I love The Little Couple. The only way any Duggars should be on TV if if one of them repudiates their cult and breaks free.

So JB caved. Some money is better than no money, I guess. TLC will air the specials and see what the ratings are as well as if any of the sponsor will stick around. If they are happy with what they see, I can see the girls getting their own show. There are still a lot of leghumpers out there. As long as Josh isn't on the show the the LH will be ok with it.

I really hope no one watches this (except Buzzard for our recaps) TLC needs to have shit ratings for these or else they'll keep bringing these poison people back.

So JB caved. Some money is better than no money, I guess. TLC will air the specials and see what the ratings are as well as if any of the sponsor will stick around. If they are happy with what they see, I can see the girls getting their own show. There are still a lot of leghumpers out there. As long as Josh isn't on the show the the LH will be ok with it.

I never entirely believed the report that JB nixed the proposal of a show centered on the married girls. I don't doubt that after Joshgate 1.0 he was insisting that the old show should come back and that the whole family was still of interest etc. But I believe if it had been a clear choice of "The girls or nothing," he would not have chosen "nothing."

What I suspect happened is that TLC placed the story about JB preventing the girls from getting a spinoff, and later leaked the report about JB's crazy idea about a show of him and Michelle counseling abuse victims, in order to test the waters. If enough people were mad at JB about supposedly nixing the girl's spinoff, but wanted to see the girls again, they could go to sponsors and say, "The public is mad at the parents, but the girls were victims and the public is still interested in them."

Making JB seem unreasonable was a way for TLC to look good and also separated the girls from the parents by making it seem that JB was ready to ruin their chances for his own ego. (This is something I believe he would do in general because the whole show sacrificed his kids for his ego--but not in this case.)

So now that TLC is going through with the specials, the public and the advertisers may see the married girls as outside JB's sphere since they are doing something he supposedly didn't want. So it "cleanses" them of Duggar cooties in a way.

The family's response to Joshgate 2.0 has also helped in an odd way. It has changed them from people who stupidly condoned the abuse of their daughters to parents whose beloved son turned out badly.

This whole turn of events increased my suspicion that the "family sources" leaking to People/etc was just Famy. I have long suspected that Jessa or JB/Mich may have been leaking some information. Now I wonder if it's even TLC crew if they have been in touch with them. Leaking info as a way to make the stories more interesting and to build talk. Then again if it was Debbie Queery or another close family friend and she made $ off it it would be fantastic.

I really hope no one watches this (except Buzzard for our recaps) TLC needs to have shit ratings for these or else they'll keep bringing these poison people back.

I'll watch it... online. I've never watched 19/18/17 KAC on an actual television.

Lord protect our sanity and sensibilities please lord we beg you.

Lord, teach people how to use punctuation. Please, Lord, we beg you.

I am guessing that this will show footage already shot. Wrapping up story lines that were in progress. And that will be it.

It's been clear that the family has been trying to get the gravy train going in spite of the very obvious fact that they are done. Their brand is tainted and there's no going back. There's too big of an elephant in the room. This does delay coming to terms with all that and find other ways to make a living. Hint: specials and youtube videos are not going to cut it. Even if they manage a couple of future specials, which I doubt, it won't come anywhere near the regular TLC paycheck they have been getting.

The family is desperate and in denial. When Josh comes home, if he ends up at the TTH for bit, it's going to be one tense, angry situation. He might prefer being back at rehab. Because you can bet they are all blaming him for derailing the gravy train.

Now this would be a special I'd want to see. The welcome home for Josh and how his parents/sibs treat him and try to put things back together with them and with his wife/kids. That's when true personalities come out. The passive aggressive will be flowing as people try to keep sweet but can't.

Annnnd they'll be back full time by the end of 2016.

If / when they come back, I wonder how they will keep Josh's face out of the intro. Maybe they will use baby pictures for each "kid", which would be a good leeway into showing off the grandkids.

If it is any consolation, the special TLC aired about molestation featuring Jill and Jessa fared poorly in the ratings, not even making it to the top 100. The ratings of the new specials will tell the tale. If only the hard-core supporters tune in the ratings should be pretty low. But that begs the question of whether TLC with stick with the Duggars even through low ratings. I get the feeling that the whole "specials" story is a bone thrown to the hard-right supporters of the Duggars. Whether the parent company, Discovery Communications, will accept keeping the Duggars on despite low ratings is interesting to contemplate.

I have the same wish, but everyone loves a trainwreck. I can't find information about youtube views since the scandals, but I know some of the FJ discussions have sent me over there for some hate-watching of older videos. Honestly, I'd be surprised if viewings (on youtube, etc --- & does amazon still have their episodes up for paid viewing?) had increased. Curiosity and hypocrisy are powerful motivators. I think TLC wanted a slice of the revenue involved.

They're still weird, circus freak types, and now it's known internationally. Even if they're as boring as usual (and they will be -- so, so sorry Buzzard), people will still be interested in the freak factor, I sadly fear. Time will tell and hopefully these specials will remind viewers of just how boring these people are, despite their weird beliefs, and TLC will move on. I hope.

Since it seems as though TLC and the family in general waited for things to blow over (and we haven't heard anything in a long time), does this mean everyone believes Josh isn't hiding anything else? Because I can't imagine TLC risking their network again (then again, maybe controversy and hypocrisy is what attracts for them) if more comes out about Josh. Which makes me think, was that it?

The ratings will be through the roof. The AM scandal especially will have people who've never even watched 19KAC tuning in.

Agree with a heavy heart. Hoping that the sheer tedium of their shows keeps the number of "specials" down...way down. Like, maybe two, then no more. Ever.

The ratings will be through the roof. The AM scandal especially will have people who've never even watched 19KAC tuning in.

I hope not. The overwhelming majority of comments I've seen on this story have been negative, and I imagine the people who watched the show who don't go online probably have already moved on. I don't think the ratings will tank (Though they should, no one should tune in) but I don't think they'll be huge either.

Time for another rousing edition of, "Velocirapture Translates Bullshit!"

Today's Bullshit is from the statement given to the AP by that TLC person:

I cannot tell you how much you ROCK

this was amazing and made me laugh so hard - I need that

:D

carry on :D

I doubt it. The Duggars had a lot of fans because people respected their character and found their huge family funny or inspiring or something. Even the fans who stood by after Joshgate 1.0 didn't say much after Joshgate 2.0. The shine is off.

The Duggars have pissed off even their fans, who have finally figured out it's a lie.

I can't picture families gathering around to watch this. First the girls are too boring, they're no Kourtney and Khloe taking Miami, and second, I think people have finally figured out this family.

I doubt it. The Duggars had a lot of fans because people respected their character and found their huge family funny or inspiring or something. Even the fans who stood by after Joshgate 1.0 didn't say much after Joshgate 2.0. The shine is off.

The Duggars have pissed off even their fans, who have finally figured out it's a lie.

I can't picture families gathering around to watch this. First the girls are too boring, they're no Kourtney and Khloe taking Miami, and second, I think people have finally figured out this family.

While they definitely have alienated a lot of fans, I think plenty of people who used to like the Duggars and don't anymore will tune in out of morbid curiosity, and an even greater amount of haters will tune in because not many can resist a good hate-watch. The curiosity fact alone will bring people in who are only casually aware of the Duggars and their issues--we know better, but I think a lot of people will watching hoping for a mention of the scandals. (Which reminds me, did we ever get ratings for the sex-abuse special?) I tend to think that the bulk of the ratings for 19KAC came from viewers tuning in for the freak-show aspect more than from those who genuinely liked and admired the family, so it won't be any different for the upcoming specials. That's just a guess, obviously, since I have no way of knowing.

I don't think that curiosity/hate-watching ratings would be sustainable for a whole series featuring Jessa and/or Jill--19KAC only worked because of the whole group, not any of the boring and charmless individuals--but for a few specials here and there? TLC is going to be very happy.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived