IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

TLC is going to be using the specials as a "test" to see if they will give Jill and Jessa their own show... Since people will tune into those, ratings will be off the roof, so I think TLC will end up giving them a show whether people get bored in the end or not. With that, they'll be pocketing $40k an episode (specials might be even more than that). I can already imagine how Jessa and Ben will be with that happening. They are really into themselves.

Is that the starting amount for a new show or is that what JB was raking it at the height of the show? I am sure the specials will do well but if they get a regular show it will tank fast.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't going to be a regular show because the premise of the show - nice, wholesome family with a bazillion kids - isn't there. TLC is using Jill and Jessa to cash in on Josh's infamy. That's where the $$$ is! These girls' only lure is as a reality show train wreck. TLC's execs know that. They see an opportunity to make some dollars, so they're going for it. TLC has no interest in promoting a "brand" no one cares about. And they won't. Capitalize on the buzz, make money, maybe recoup some cash if they funded Jill and Derrick's "mission" trip. And then be done with the Duggars (again!) when they don't make a profit.

Now if Jill and Jessa want to trainwreck it up, TLC will gladly eat that up!

I am afraid that there is a chance that I may possibly watch :shifty-kitty: .
me to - remember the week of jessa's weddding and jill's episode of her wedding aired - epic

me to - remember the week of jessa's weddding and jill's episode of her wedding aired - epic

Yes. I do remember. So much fun. I am willing to cast aside my values and principles. I can easily convince myself that it is all in the name of research or something.

Yes. I do remember. So much fun. I am willing to cast aside my values and principles. I can easily convince myself that it is all in the name of research or something.

to see jessa in pain and withering will be worth it :D and to make fun of jill will be even better

Not watching. Jessa and Jill can go grift somewhere else. Or, y'know... get jobs. :roll:

Ditto. Someone needs to teach this family that the American viewing audience is not obliged to support their incessant fame whoring. Do Jill and Jessa think that they're still going to be on TV long enough for Izzy and J'Sewald to have their own shows when they get married? So ridiculous.

Unless you have a Nielsen box, it really doesn't matter whether you tune in. As long as enough Nielsen families tune it, TLC gets to interpret it as a success.

Yep. Tuning it won't make a difference for us regular folk.

I do wonder if what the internet thinks will make a difference to TLC. If it becomes a trending topic on Twitter or whatever, that's probably great for them.

So disgusted with TLC. This is such a slap in the face to every victim of this kind of abuse. I am in no way defending honey boo boo but they kick them off and allow this type of trash back on? Victims of this abuse never get over, we deal with it every day of our lives. There are constant triggers, we have to work, survive and most times therapy isn't something many can afford even with insurance. Between their fox interview, the abuse special they are the worst examples of victims. The only thing they know how to do is beg, ask for things, cover things up get knocked up while unemployed. Why don't they go out and get a real job too good for flipping burgers, cleaning houses? The parents knew, they hid it more than once allowed others to get abused and they get away with and are rewarded with a slap on the wrist. I've said from day one this family is full of some shady stuff and I feel like its only the tip of iceberg. How can TLC continue to support them thru sexual abuse claims, child endangerment, calls about the well being of their own children why? To those who say but their victims they need to heal well then stop begging for free stuff on the internet first your weddings now for your babies grow up support yourself and go away crawl under a rock. I wish as a victim I could just have 1/10th of a normal life let alone all that has been given to them. Instead your left picking up the pieces your entire life, with no support, triggers all the time and most family abuse victims are not believed when they reveal try living with that on top of the abuse. Trust me I would and am in no shape years later to have ever stayed in the home with my abuser, nor would I ever feel good enough about myself to go begging on national tv for free items, posting selfies while doing nothing for a living. Most victims blame themselves, feel they are worthless and will do anything to take the attention off of them. Its disgusting to have seen everything come out about this family and yet it took forever to pull them and yet months later here we are again it makes me sick. I'm also tired of hearing if your good Christian you would forgive well I never forgave my abuser because he was family, he should have protected me and I was raised strict Catholic all it made me feel was I wasn't even good enough for God to save me from the abuse. TLC only cares about making a buck and I hope this is there undoing going with this show.

I am not going to watch their specials. They are not "special" in any way, shape, or form to me. My cats are special to me, not Jill and Jessa.

I'm still thinking...how do we really know this is going to happen? There is nothing on the TlC website about it that I can find. So are we going with what Michelle Duggar posted on the family website, that I assume the 'news' sources picked up and used as their source? Would not TLC issue a press release about this? I could see the already recorded episodes being released somehow, and the language I've read about what is supposedly coming for our viewing 'pleasure' could be that. But I'll believe that TLC is showing new specials when I see a press release from them, and not before.

I know this has been said a lot, but I just wanted to add my own two cents.

What on Earth could possibly be happening in their lives that would be interesting enough for a special. They don't work, they don't go out. All they do is sit at home. Why in the world would I want to watch a tv show about people sitting at home doing nothing! I just don't get it![/quote]

Sorry. Catching up on this thread and this comment made me laugh. I can sit at home and look in a mirror and see this....lololol

I'm still thinking...how do we really know this is going to happen? There is nothing on the TlC website about it that I can find. So are we going with what Michelle Duggar posted on the family website, that I assume the 'news' sources picked up and used as their source? Would not TLC issue a press release about this? I could see the already recorded episodes being released somehow, and the language I've read about what is supposedly coming for our viewing 'pleasure' could be that. But I'll believe that TLC is showing new specials when I see a press release from them, and not before.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/83e5c678 ... -and-jessa

"What we will be following in these specials is Jessa preparing for her first child," TLC Executive Vice President and General Manager Nancy Daniels told The Associated Press, "and we'll be watching Jill preparing to make a major move to Central America with her family, which we know is something our audience will be interested in."

The project, Daniels said, came together quickly "after talking with the girls and understanding that this was something they wanted to do.

"We know that our audience is really excited about what's been going on with Jill and Jessa as they move into young adulthood," said Daniels. "And now they're both at the precipice of big changes. With what was happening in their lives in the next few months, it felt like now is the time (for the specials), and we got going pretty quickly.

Looks like a press release to me. It is not a Duggar fantasy.

This is awful news. They will reap when they sow. There is no amount of money that can make up for that.

The person I am most disappointed in is Derrick. He really had me fooled.

This is awful news. They will reap when they sow. There is no amount of money that can make up for that.

The person I am most disappointed in is Derrick. He really had me fooled.

When the Dillys left his normal person, responsible job, I thought he was protecting his wife and their privacy in a tough time for her. Ha.

Why would they do a show about Jessa and Jill, they are boring. I just can't get behind this at all. The only Duggar thing I could get behind is specials on Jana, Jinger and Joy exploring the World without JB and Michelle dictating everything they do. Specials where JD flies the girls around the USA and the girls get to have adventures (wholesome fun adventures). Maybe specials showing Jana, Jinger and Joy camping in Yosemite, kayaking along the beautiful Lake Superior shoreline, on an Alaska cruise seeing "God's" beautiful creations before their very eyes, experiencing The Met in NYC, Attending a real rodeo in Texas or going to a Pow-Wow on a Navajo reservation and learning about other cultures... now a special like that, I would love to see. Jana, Jinger and Joy seeing the World for the first time on their own and not what they are only allowed to see by their parents. They could call it "On Our Own".. or something corny like that. But that is the only Duggar special I could see worth watching, where the girls get to do really cool things that young girls should do before they marry and start families. It wouldn't have to compromise their belief system, they don't have to turn into the Kardashians to make it interesting.. it could just be a travelogue and full of good clean fun.

Maybe TLC is testing the waters to see how many people tune in. I won't be tuning in.

As someone upthread pointed out, unless you have a Nielson box it won't matter. But be careful with hashtags because those may be monitored to gauge interest as well.

I don't think the specials will turn into a TV show for "the girls". They are boring people who contributed to the brand damage with that awful Fox interview. TLC is no doubt bemoaning the fact that they had to cut a popular show and Dillards and Seewalds are sad that grifting isn't as easy as it used to be.

TLC will use footage it never got to air for the 19 Kids season that never was. Jill and Derek will be seen going on their phony mission that was probably staged for the show in the first place.*** Jessa will deal with pregnancy and birth (I agree with those who say no actual childbirth scenes, but if they throw her enough shekels she might pose for Playboy, so who knows).

But where does an actual show go from there? Jim Bob and Michelle are disgusting hypocrites who raised a piece of shit son whom they allowed to molest their daughters. I can't see TLC re-introducing them without a lot of backlash. And from a family dynamic standpoint, I can't see Jim Bob not going out of his mind with jealousy if there is a spin-off he's not a an integral part of.

***10 bucks says Joy and Carlin Bates will be featured in an episode.

There isn't going to be a regular show because the premise of the show - nice, wholesome family with a bazillion kids - isn't there. TLC is using Jill and Jessa to cash in on Josh's infamy. That's where the $$$ is! These girls' only lure is as a reality show train wreck. TLC's execs know that. They see an opportunity to make some dollars, so they're going for it. TLC has no interest in promoting a "brand" no one cares about. And they won't. Capitalize on the buzz, make money, maybe recoup some cash if they funded Jill and Derrick's "mission" trip. And then be done with the Duggars (again!) when they don't make a profit.

Now if Jill and Jessa want to trainwreck it up, TLC will gladly eat that up!

I tend to agree with this...and for many years, there will not be a bazillion kids, so the whole kid angle is not the premise. People will be tuning in to hear the dirt and TLC knows that. TLC would not be willing to pay these 2 young couples to live life. No one would watch that kind of show over the long haul. It would be a money loser.

Normally when a new season or show begins, the "stars" of the show are out promoting it? How do Jill and Jessa do this other than lame People Magazine interviews. If they on a news show like GMA or Today show, the interviewers will have to ask about the scandals or lose credibility. What if someone asks Jill about the ridiculous statement she made about raising Izzy with the same safeguards are parents put in place. Or their acting as though boys molesting their sisters is normal and not a big deal? The Duggars don't have a large enough audience to make kowtowing to them worthwhile. Besides, I think most people that have an interest in the Duggars today are only interested in the scandals, not Jessa giving birth or Jill playing missionary.

Why would they do a show about Jessa and Jill, they are boring. I just can't get behind this at all. The only Duggar thing I could get behind is specials on Jana, Jinger and Joy exploring the World without JB and Michelle dictating everything they do. Specials where JD flies the girls around the USA and the girls get to have adventures (wholesome fun adventures). Maybe specials showing Jana, Jinger and Joy camping in Yosemite, kayaking along the beautiful Lake Superior shoreline, on an Alaska cruise seeing "God's" beautiful creations before their very eyes, experiencing The Met in NYC, Attending a real rodeo in Texas or going to a Pow-Wow on a Navajo reservation and learning about other cultures... now a special like that, I would love to see. Jana, Jinger and Joy seeing the World for the first time on their own and not what they are only allowed to see by their parents. They could call it "On Our Own".. or something corny like that. But that is the only Duggar special I could see worth watching, where the girls get to do really cool things that young girls should do before they marry and start families. It wouldn't have to compromise their belief system, they don't have to turn into the Kardashians to make it interesting.. it could just be a travelogue and full of good clean fun.

I love your idea.

I feel that we don't know those three very well, but if they could project curiosity (BIG if), an adventurous spirit and a willingness to laugh at themselves just a little, I think it would be really entertaining, and certainly more fun to watch than a semi-genuine mission trip and an unexceptional first baby!

After learning about Josh's extreme hypocrisy, surely even the most ardent leg humper will be watching for signs that all is not right with the Dillards' religious work. And time will tell if Jessa can project anything appealing. If TLC wants to maintain an association with this family, maybe they need to branch out a little!

Why would TLC do a show about boring Jessa and Jill? For the same reason they've done a boring show about their famewhore parents for the last 5 years:

So far they've been able to sell advertisers on time and the leghummers on social media justify their existence.

Let's face it--the Duggars have never been interesting. They're a train wreck and a boring train wreck at that.

The "best" we can hope for is for more dirt to come out because they keep putting themselves out there. Sadly, that would be at the expense of other innocent (that is to say children who did not ask to be part of their famewhoring) victims.

At this point, any Duggar over the age of 18 who shows up on these specials has done so fully aware of the potential consequences. Sheltered or not, at some point, they would have to sign off in their own names.

Can we rename this site FreeJenny?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived