IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

The reason they are making specials with Jill and Jessa is that they are devoid of ideas - they have even made a couple of specials recently with the totally obnoxious child exploiter Kate Gosselin, despite the viewing figures for her last two episodes hovering around(and below) one million. They are desperate for programming.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predicted from the beginning that there would be a special about Jessa's birth, no matter what, and when you're right you're right.

People will tune into at least the first special to see how the scandal is addressed (or not.) Will Josh even be mentioned? Will Anna and the kids even be seen? Will Jim Bob and Michelle be as prominent and insufferable? How close will Michelle look to a mental breakdown? And will Jessa say a ton of passive aggressive things about the sanctity of marriage and forgiveness like she has on social media? I believe people will tune in to see if the Duggars are any different after this, and if they aren't they will tune right back out.

I also think that if Josh is indeed in rehab and comes out "reformed" (i.e. doesn't run for the hills and deciding to at least outwardly conform to JB and M's morality rules) we'll see some sort of effort to clean up his image enough to get the whole family on board with TLC again. My prediction is another Fox News interview where he takes all the blame (because blaming Anna publicly for not being accessible enough would be an even bigger PR disaster), talks about demons and Satan a lot and talks about how he's been forgiven by all and redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb. Tears will be shed.

The reason they are making specials with Jill and Jessa is that they are devoid of ideas - they have even made a couple of specials recently with the totally obnoxious child exploiter Kate Gosselin, despite the viewing figures for her last two episodes hovering around(and below) one million. They are desperate for programming.

The question (for me) remains, why are they so desperate for programming ideas? Is everyone at TLC brain dead? They must have promoted every single "yes man" and fired anyone who showed even a shred of originality.

I think part of the problem is they don't want to spend much money on any program. So paying some creepy family $40K per episode to film them in and around their home, or courting and conspicuously not holding hands, or getting married, or having a baby on a toilet -- is just the cheapest way to go and gives them the most profit. They lucked out with the Duggars and made millions. Now they just can't deal with the concept of actually creating a show with some production value, salaries for the principals, a non-fundie-dazzled soundman, that might take awhile to build fans and get decent ratings.

The best they seem able to do is recycle old shows.

Or maybe the people in charge are just a bunch of creeps who put creepy people on tv because that's what they themselves like.

Why would TLC do a show about boring Jessa and Jill? For the same reason they've done a boring show about their famewhore parents for the last 5 years:

So far they've been able to sell advertisers on time and the leghummers on social media justify their existence.

Let's face it--the Duggars have never been interesting. They're a train wreck and a boring train wreck at that.

The "best" we can hope for is for more dirt to come out because they keep putting themselves out there. Sadly, that would be at the expense of other innocent (that is to say children who did not ask to be part of their famewhoring) victims.

At this point, any Duggar over the age of 18 who shows up on these specials has done so fully aware of the potential consequences. Sheltered or not, at some point, they would have to sign off in their own names.

Can we rename this site FreeJenny?

It won't be considered "dirt" but Ben and Jessa keep making asses of themselves on Instagram and youtube by offending people who aren't as Christian as they are. The media will just be more determined to report on it since it's clear the Duggars aren't going away.

Perhaps they could call the show "Two Deadbeat Husbands and Counting". But, I do have a serious question concerning Derrick's timeline when he left Walmart. My gut tells me his giving up his full-time job to become a missionary with Jill was done for story-line purposes for a possible new show. What would be a story-line about working full time while your wife stays home with the baby? The missionary work would be far more interesting to the people who love watching the Duggars. On the other hand, what we may consider mind-numbingly boring to watch is likely not boring to their devoted fans. These fans not only love the Duggars, they are IN LOVE with the Duggars and nothing they do, be it something mundane like washing dishes (washing paper plates?) would bore them. Time will tell if there are enough of this type of fan to sustain a show. We also need to see how People Magazine plays this, though I believe they will get behind the specials and promote the heck out of them.

I also think that if Josh is indeed in rehab and comes out "reformed" (i.e. doesn't run for the hills and deciding to at least outwardly conform to JB and M's morality rules) we'll see some sort of effort to clean up his image enough to get the whole family on board with TLC again. My prediction is another Fox News interview where he takes all the blame (because blaming Anna publicly for not being accessible enough would be an even bigger PR disaster), talks about demons and Satan a lot and talks about how he's been forgiven by all and redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb. Tears will be shed.

Maybe the family can gather round Josh and sing "I've been redeemed". It is one of the two songs they know.

Buzzard, I have a pile of zofran I can give you for taking one for the team! It's like the train wreck refuses to stop! :popcorn2:

I too have wondered how TLC has run out of original ideas. :think: For crying out loud, go back to a wedding story or baby story...those were great! Or better yet, revamp the channel so it goes back to TLC being The Learning Channel, and have programs you actually LEARN from! :doh:

So disgusted with TLC. This is such a slap in the face to every victim of this kind of abuse. I am in no way defending honey boo boo but they kick them off and allow this type of trash back on? Victims of this abuse never get over, we deal with it every day of our lives. There are constant triggers, we have to work, survive and most times therapy isn't something many can afford even with insurance. Between their fox interview, the abuse special they are the worst examples of victims. The only thing they know how to do is beg, ask for things, cover things up get knocked up while unemployed. Why don't they go out and get a real job too good for flipping burgers, cleaning houses? The parents knew, they hid it more than once allowed others to get abused and they get away with and are rewarded with a slap on the wrist. I've said from day one this family is full of some shady stuff and I feel like its only the tip of iceberg. How can TLC continue to support them thru sexual abuse claims, child endangerment, calls about the well being of their own children why? To those who say but their victims they need to heal well then stop begging for free stuff on the internet first your weddings now for your babies grow up support yourself and go away crawl under a rock. I wish as a victim I could just have 1/10th of a normal life let alone all that has been given to them. Instead your left picking up the pieces your entire life, with no support, triggers all the time and most family abuse victims are not believed when they reveal try living with that on top of the abuse. Trust me I would and am in no shape years later to have ever stayed in the home with my abuser, nor would I ever feel good enough about myself to go begging on national tv for free items, posting selfies while doing nothing for a living. Most victims blame themselves, feel they are worthless and will do anything to take the attention off of them. Its disgusting to have seen everything come out about this family and yet it took forever to pull them and yet months later here we are again it makes me sick. I'm also tired of hearing if your good Christian you would forgive well I never forgave my abuser because he was family, he should have protected me and I was raised strict Catholic all it made me feel was I wasn't even good enough for God to save me from the abuse. TLC only cares about making a buck and I hope this is there undoing going with this show.

If incestual molestation is the tip of the iceberg... I don't even know wtf to expect.

Why would they do a show about Jessa and Jill, they are boring. I just can't get behind this at all. The only Duggar thing I could get behind is specials on Jana, Jinger and Joy exploring the World without JB and Michelle dictating everything they do. Specials where JD flies the girls around the USA and the girls get to have adventures (wholesome fun adventures). Maybe specials showing Jana, Jinger and Joy camping in Yosemite, kayaking along the beautiful Lake Superior shoreline, on an Alaska cruise seeing "God's" beautiful creations before their very eyes, experiencing The Met in NYC, Attending a real rodeo in Texas or going to a Pow-Wow on a Navajo reservation and learning about other cultures... now a special like that, I would love to see. Jana, Jinger and Joy seeing the World for the first time on their own and not what they are only allowed to see by their parents. They could call it "On Our Own".. or something corny like that. But that is the only Duggar special I could see worth watching, where the girls get to do really cool things that young girls should do before they marry and start families. It wouldn't have to compromise their belief system, they don't have to turn into the Kardashians to make it interesting.. it could just be a travelogue and full of good clean fun.

Yeah... that'll happen. If there's anything we can do here at FJ, it's dream. :special-flake: :text-freedom:

The only thing interesting would be if they actually explored the fallout surrounding Josh's scandals and documented honestly how the family is dealing with it. No Christianese, no fake smiles, no bullshit. It would still be totally exploitative, and I wouldn't endorse it, but it's just about the only thing in their lives that would be interesting to outside parties.

Can't TLC just see what the issues are that concerning people in 2015 that people want to "learn" about. Shows they would never do but would/could be educational, maybe adult children talking care of elderly parents or parents of kids with autism. Maybe a show, following kids graduating from high school and seeing them apply to college, work, military, or trade school (and compare their lives) or even college grads trying to find jobs or deciding to go to grad school. The could do trading spaces 2.0, my kid is moving back in after college.

I'll admit I like reality tv. TLC needs to just admit it is now basically a all reality tv channel or go back to its roots. I know what I am getting when I watch big brother, amazing race, survivor, or masterchef. I know that the people jobs or lives might be exaggerated but I watch knowing that. TLC is doing a disservice to show the unemployed Seewalds having a baby and living comfortably or Derick just giving up his career to be a missionary.

The only thing interesting would be if they actually explored the fallout surrounding Josh's scandals and documented honestly how the family is dealing with it. No Christianese, no fake smiles, no bullshit. It would still be totally exploitative, and I wouldn't endorse it, but it's just about the only thing in their lives that would be interesting to outside parties.

The sad thing is, I think the Duggars have very little genuine thought/feeling/action by now. Sad.

Normally when a new season or show begins, the "stars" of the show are out promoting it? How do Jill and Jessa do this other than lame People Magazine interviews. If they on a news show like GMA or Today show, the interviewers will have to ask about the scandals or lose credibility. What if someone asks Jill about the ridiculous statement she made about raising Izzy with the same safeguards are parents put in place. Or their acting as though boys molesting their sisters is normal and not a big deal? The Duggars don't have a large enough audience to make kowtowing to them worthwhile. Besides, I think most people that have an interest in the Duggars today are only interested in the scandals, not Jessa giving birth or Jill playing missionary.

that is an interesting question - I doubt we will see ever a hard hitting Megan Kelly interview or even an interview on entertainment tonight - because they are not that kind of people (unless there is another scandal) - yes Kate Gosselin would go on ET - but she is different than the duggar sisters (she is mainstream and normal to a degree) - I am sure they might do another people magazine spread condemning what josh did and promoting the births - but for normal promotion - not going to to happen. Especially if JB is running everything from behind - but again who knows.

this TLC special which will turn into tv show - is purely - in their lives pure christian broadcasting (a way to show the world we are awful) - did they ever do mainstream interviews before - NO (not that i recall - correct me if I am wrong) - and they won't now - they will do and I guarantee you do christian advertising on those silly tracts - those kind of publicity if they do any at all - or the stupid events that Jessa does

The dillards and seewalds will be treated with kid gloves -

Perhaps they could call the show "Two Deadbeat Husbands and Counting". But, I do have a serious question concerning Derrick's timeline when he left Walmart. My gut tells me his giving up his full-time job to become a missionary with Jill was done for story-line purposes for a possible new show. What would be a story-line about working full time while your wife stays home with the baby? The missionary work would be far more interesting to the people who love watching the Duggars. On the other hand, what we may consider mind-numbingly boring to watch is likely not boring to their devoted fans. These fans not only love the Duggars, they are IN LOVE with the Duggars and nothing they do, be it something mundane like washing dishes (washing paper plates?) would bore them. Time will tell if there are enough of this type of fan to sustain a show. We also need to see how People Magazine plays this, though I believe they will get behind the specials and promote the heck out of them.

that is my new faveourite # two deadbeat husbands and counting

I love it :worship:

Thanks, DuggarMemes!

tumblr_nv7mxhbob21u5s9hao1_1280.png

I had never heard of DuggarMemes before and just spent hours combing through their posts and blogs they linked to like Wtffundiefamilies. :lol:

The sad thing is, I think the Duggars have very little genuine thought/feeling/action by now. Sad.

It's almost funny that they could probably do very well ratings-wise--even post-scandals--if they'd actually stop with the manufactured perfect Christians bullshit and just do a truly unscripted show. And I'm not even talking about them dealing with the scandals on camera, though that would be interesting. Just everyday things--Jill's reactions and likely disapproval of Derrick's more secular friends (because you know she had some negative thought about strapless gowns and dancing); Jessa and Ben being the pushy assholes on camera that they are on social media; any of the family's honest reactions to occasionally being told to fuck off by whomever they approach to preach to. Their type of Christianity is absolutely bonkers and there's no way any of them aren't really freaking weird and obnoxious in some way or another. That could make for some engagingly infuriating television, but no, they want to be a sweet face on everything, and no one's buying it anymore.

No doubt Jessa put her foot down and wanted her pregnancy and delivery to get some attention. I mean Jill got a special episode and a bigger house, and a husband who went to college and had a job. She got to get something for herself... :lol:

It's almost funny that they could probably do very well ratings-wise--even post-scandals--if they'd actually stop with the manufactured perfect Christians bullshit and just do a truly unscripted show. And I'm not even talking about them dealing with the scandals on camera, though that would be interesting. Just everyday things--Jill's reactions and likely disapproval of Derrick's more secular friends (because you know she had some negative thought about strapless gowns and dancing); Jessa and Ben being the pushy assholes on camera that they are on social media; any of the family's honest reactions to occasionally being told to fuck off by whomever they approach to preach to. Their type of Christianity is absolutely bonkers and there's no way any of them aren't really freaking weird and obnoxious in some way or another. That could make for some engagingly infuriating television, but no, they want to be a sweet face on everything, and no one's buying it anymore.

I love your version of a tv show way better than what they will portray - and as for Jill - I think she is as intersting as the day she dusted the stairs - :cracking-up:

I would have loved to see the real Ben and Jessa going all freaky on the television - that would have been even more amusing than the regular shit they display

can you imagine

I tend to think that the bulk of the ratings for 19KAC came from viewers tuning in for the freak-show aspect more than from those who genuinely liked and admired the family, so it won't be any different for the upcoming specials.

I think more viewers genuinely liked them in the beginning and actually enjoyed them until their real beliefs came out. If you read older posts on DWOP, you see how the sentiment has changed.

I didnt pay the post about the specials any attention until now -but just wow. 19K FB has a post as well. The thing is Duggar Family Blog, Duggar Family Official, and 19K have all blocked Posts to Page.

I predicted from the beginning that there would be a special about Jessa's birth, no matter what, and when you're right you're right.

People will tune into at least the first special to see how the scandal is addressed (or not.) Will Josh even be mentioned? Will Anna and the kids even be seen? Will Jim Bob and Michelle be as prominent and insufferable? How close will Michelle look to a mental breakdown? And will Jessa say a ton of passive aggressive things about the sanctity of marriage and forgiveness like she has on social media? I believe people will tune in to see if the Duggars are any different after this, and if they aren't they will tune right back out.

Don´t you think it might become as big a PR disaster as blaming Anna if Josh talked too much about demons?

I mean, I do know that for fundies it´s all about Satan. But I´d suppose the more "normal" people would find that rather weird on one hand and somewhat too easy of an excuse on the other. (Hopefully.)

This is so true. I don't have cable at home but was at my parents earlier last night and looking through the programming guide. Saturday night, from at least 9 PM to this morning, TLC was airing a marathon of "Dateline on TLC". LOL I know Saturday night isn't prime time viewing, but damn. They can't air their entire library of "19KAC" or "Honey Boo Boo". They've taken to syndicating shows from other networks to get some sort of ratings? :wtf: They really need new programming.

I wonder how the two younger girls who were molested by Josh feel about the special. Jill and Jessa can say it was no big deal, just light touching over clothes, but it was much more than that for those little girls. I would feel terrible if my sister made light of something like this. They were very young at the time, and probably didn't get any therapy. Molestation issues can reappear when a child reaches puberty. Forgiving Josh and minimizing the trauma, just makes me crazy. :pull-hair:

New opening suggestion:

"This is the story of my family. That's me, I'm Jill; and this is my WONderful husband Derrick. This is our first baby Israel...we totally want tons more, which I am purposed to do because I'm a midwife, and God will decide how many I get to have! OH and we're TOTALLY missionaries too! I come from like, a really big family that was purposed to share our lives on TV and spread news about homeschool and family values because-Jesus. I like to forgive people, even people who were confused and lightly touched me over my clothes while I was sleeping. I plan to have safeguards against this kinda thing for my kids, just like my awesome parents did.

Oh! and this show is also about my sister Jessa and her husband Ben. She's like pretty and pregnant too. BUT I totally got married first and had my baby first.

It isn't always easy but somehow it all works."

:lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived