IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand how covert taping could be done... aren't they still under a ton of scrutiny? How would anyone miss a camera crew?

inside grandma's mary's house

a single camera

a camera crew at Jessa's speaking engagements

the Alive festival hello

But I am telling you it's the stuff that was already filmed

Ben's graduation - his birthday - the announcement of the baby

it's all been filmed - I bet you $100 Canadian dollars

I imagine there will be a baby shower shown. Are they going to show Michelle and Anna? Theyre the ones who would probably would plan it. Then the birth, a first anniversary episode, a party celebrating Jill's midwifery, leaving for Central America, and of course a Christmas special. Imagine if some of the others start courting. We could have specials all next year!

I imagine there will be a baby shower shown. Are they going to show Michelle and Anna? Theyre the ones who would probably would plan it. Then the birth, a first anniversary episode, a party celebrating Jill's midwifery, leaving for Central America, and of course a Christmas special. Imagine if some of the others start courting. We could have specials all next year!

So many specials and then suddenly they'll be back full time, only it will just be about Jessa and Jill but they will be showing just about everyone but Josh. They're going to do this slow but they are going to get them back on. Not willing to let go!

Seeing Jill and Derrick's copypasted identical statements on Instagram irrationally irritate me, lol. They can't even give their own feelings on the matter- it reeks of generic PR bullshit and lacks any genuine care about 'reconnecting with everyone'. They could have easily opened up their lives more on social media if they cared that much. It's just all about the money for them.

Seeing Jill and Derrick's copypasted identical statements on Instagram irrationally irritate me, lol. They can't even give their own feelings on the matter- it reeks of generic PR bullshit and lacks any genuine care about 'reconnecting with everyone'. They could have easily opened up their lives more on social media if they cared that much. It's just all about the money for them.

yes

100 %

no original thoughts -

and they are going to lead a show

HA

In AA, they talk about people needing to hit bottom before they realize the need to make changes in their lives.

This special will keep Jill, Jessa and their husbands from hitting bottom by providing them an artificial and temporary life preserver. They will thus be encouraged to pop out more and more children to keep the cameras focused on them. It might even work.

Why oh why do I keep getting my hopes up that they will actually escape? :angry-banghead:

Maybe they finally figured out that they're really bad at making personal statements that aren't stupid/execrable so they went with generic to avoid the inevitable and well-deserved backlash.

Who am I kidding? A Duggar developing self-awareness? More likely TLC said, "Post this. ONLY this. DO NOT FUCK THIS UP BY BEING YOURSELVES!"

If that is how they run their social media why not have a shared account like some of the Bates couples? I know fundies in real life who share accounts I'm really surprised the duggar couples don't.

I think it could be just releasing what was already filmed...but I'd like to see a Duggar press release of '2 brides and they're grooms ...100 kids and counting is twice as fun as 20!' :dance:

Who even is going to advertise during this? Chik-Fil-A, Krispy Kreme, and Hobby Lobby (places the Duggars frequent for free food/good Christian shopping)? Who else could possibly want to advertise during it?

And Lowe's. I don't think Lowe's pulled the ads in that weird middle time between yanking off the air and canceling. Pretty much every other advertiser pulled out.

JB after Joshgate 1.0 prior to Fox interview - Nope you can't put the girls on TV. It's the whole family or nothing. This happened a long time ago no one will care.

JB after Fox - Nope you can't put the girls on TV. It's all or none. This will blow over soon.

JB after cancellation - We'll just do our own show on YouTube we've seen how TLC works and they'll beg us back soon.

JB after Josh 2.0 - I guess a manager's cut of the girls paycheck is better than nothing.

I bet they filmed them going to Amy's wedding and the Dillards moving the last of their stuff out of the big house. Remember Derrick said they had some stuff to take care of for a month and this was a planned month home. Well I bet it's all been filmed to show the Dillard's moving away.

ugh, ugh ugh!

I agree except I am not sure about Amy's wedding. That may not be part of the story. But definitely the move.

Also, as someone else has pointed out, I bet TLC will be using some of the footage they had shot for the cancelled season of 19kids.

(Edited to note that others were guessing the cancelled season filming might be repurposed.)

Honestly as much as I have enjoyed the Duggar Schadenfreude this summer, I'm very concerned about these two families and their ability to feed their children now that the show has been cancelled and they have no employable skills / no plans to stop having babies.

So I'm secretly quite happy that these two and their young families can ride the TLC money train for at least a little bit longer.

I am not, because it will just delay their coming to terms with reality. And it will be worse for them in the long run.

I am not, because it will just delay their coming to terms with reality. And it will be worse for them in the long run.

True that. They are just delaying the inevitable at this point.

They were never at a low point where they had to really scrimp and save, I don't think, even if they have been grifting and asking people for shit since they were cancelled. They never knew what it was like to not have any money, so I have a feeling when this money comes in, especially for the new couples, they will just ride it for as long as they can while sustaining their current spending habits. Whereas, if they HAD reached rock bottom, they would probably take this money and invest in their futures. But we haven't seen that at all. We have seen them all "taking breaks" from trying to gain any reputable skills for one reason or another getting ready for this new cash flow to come in.

If they were really at rock bottom financially, we would not be seeing Ben working for JimBoob, and Jill and Derick flying to a fro every few weeks. They have learned nothing from this summer, and will take these VSE's for granted.

Some FJ members had speculated that Jill and Derick's "long term missionary trip" was for TLC to film. Looks like they nailed it!

In terms of exploitation, it has become murky about who is exploiting whom. Jill and Jessa could have said no, but they said yes. Neither TLC nor the Duggars want to lose the cash flow both enjoyed for the decade 19 Kids and it's predecessor's were on TV.

So how long will it take before Jim Bob and Michelle try to make the spin off all about them? I am voting for the first special episode.

This is an obvious trial balloon to see if the advertisers and audience are still willing to pony up for the Duggars.

Poor Izzy not even six months old yet and he has already been sold to TLC by his parents. Baby Seewald isn't even born and has been handed over for hoped for ratings gold.

I agree with many other posters who have stated Jill and Jessa are simply not interesting enough to carry a show.

This does explain by Jessa has text on one of her social media pages telling fans and leg humpers where to send her and Ben gift cards and donations. She thinks now is her time to shine like Jill did as the gravy train gets rolling again. I guess she will get her baby People cover after all.

I hope Baby Seewald looks more like Ben and his family.

So many specials and then suddenly they'll be back full time, only it will just be about Jessa and Jill but they will be showing just about everyone but Josh. They're going to do this slow but they are going to get them back on. Not willing to let go!

Exactly my feelings, as well. The others will slowly creep into the story lines until it's a blurred Jill n Jess/19 Kids hybrid.

I'm sure the specials will consist of the three P's....preaching, pregnancy, and pussyfooting around the elephant in the room.

I haven't watched them in years, and have no problem with not watching them still.

I am guessing that this will show footage already shot. Wrapping up story lines that were in progress. And that will be it.

It's been clear that the family has been trying to get the gravy train going in spite of the very obvious fact that they are done. Their brand is tainted and there's no going back. There's too big of an elephant in the room. This does delay coming to terms with all that and find other ways to make a living. Hint: specials and youtube videos are not going to cut it. Even if they manage a couple of future specials, which I doubt, it won't come anywhere near the regular TLC paycheck they have been getting.

The family is desperate and in denial. When Josh comes home, if he ends up at the TTH for bit, it's going to be one tense, angry situation. He might prefer being back at rehab. Because you can bet they are all blaming him for derailing the gravy train.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived