IGNORED

Maxwells on the road and a secret picture!

BigSandy

And Jesse. Isn't Anna older than Jesse? Shouldn't Jesse have been at the children's table?

Yes, but he's male. That trumps everything. If John had been there Sarah probably been relegated to the kids table too.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked up the hosts of the South Carolina conference, and I think it is the same family they are staying with. If so, the family modesty and fun "standards" don't seem to be anything like Maxwell standards. But maybe that doesn't matter if a wealthy family can provide a week's free lodging. :roll:

I love that the host family kids have plates loaded with burgers and potatoes, and the Maxgirls have taken large bowls of salad. It must be killing Steve to suck up someone else's house rules, for the sake of getting a free ride.

The SC conference is taking place at ultimatelifeministries.com/index-2.html which has its own Christian school campus, and all the usual non-isolationist ministries including KIDZ Club and Counseling Center. The church is also co-pastored by a husband and wife team. :P

I live about 45 minutes away from this. Part of me really wants to go, but the other part does not want to waste my Saturday sitting through their conference.

Jesse was photographed (with two of his sisters) in front of a tunnel. Steve you are slipping.

(It's a "Simpsons" reference. Principal Skinner's mother wouldn't allow him to drive thru a tunnel (even though it took 40 minutes off of his commute).

Jesse was photographed (with two of his sisters) in front of a tunnel. Steve you are slipping.

(It's a "Simpsons" reference. Principal Skinner's mother wouldn't allow him to drive thru a tunnel (even though it took 40 minutes off of his commute).

Ah, but Sarah is careful to mention that the tunnel is CLOSED. Well, duh, of course it is. Ha ha ha.

I noticed last night on the Google map for this weekend's conference that one of the landmarks on the map is Frugal McDougal Beverage which sounds a whole lot like liquor store.

The only way I'd go near a Maxhell conference is make a stop at that store beforehand.

I am having trouble figuring out the pictures. Are there two different families? The dads look so similar that I thought it must be the same family but if so where is the mom in the last picture? If the young woman in the last picture is the mom then she is awfully young to have 5 kids, she looks like a teenager. Also it seems like it must be two different families because it looks like 2 different dining tables unless one is in the dining room and one is in the kitchen, but Sarah writes: We’re grateful for the gracious hospitality of a family we have been staying with since Monday evening so I'm back to thinking this is all one family. If so I count 7 girls and 3 boys.

I am having trouble figuring out the pictures. Are there two different families? The dads look so similar that I thought it must be the same family but if so where is the mom in the last picture? If the young woman in the last picture is the mom then she is awfully young to have 5 kids, she looks like a teenager. Also it seems like it must be two different families because it looks like 2 different dining tables unless one is in the dining room and one is in the kitchen, but Sarah writes: We’re grateful for the gracious hospitality of a family we have been staying with since Monday evening so I'm back to thinking this is all one family. If so I count 7 girls and 3 boys.

I wasn't paying attention. It was the last photo, with the younger parents, that I think is the family named as organizers on the SC conference programme. Of them, Sarah said "We’re grateful for the gracious hospitality of a family we have been staying with since Monday evening."

The older couple are a different family that they drove to see on Wednesday, according to the photo caption. I wonder if the older family has a potential courtship-age young adult, hidden somewhere. :)

Yes, but he's male. That trumps everything. If John had been there Sarah probably been relegated to the kids table too.

Six months ago, I would have made that same assumption. But with the Josh Duggar scandal, it's possible that fundie families simply do not trust their teen/grown sons around little girls. Or their own sisters.

I noticed last night on the Google map for this weekend's conference that one of the landmarks on the map is Frugal McDougal Beverage which sounds a whole lot like liquor store.

The only way I'd go near a Maxhell conference is make a stop at that store beforehand.

Frugal MacDoogal kicks all kinds of ass. It's one of two liquor stores that are basically beside one another in that area. That, plus two fireworks stores and a hotel that (allegedly) had a call-girl on staff until the most recent owners took over.

And if the Maxweasels got tired of saving souls at one of those places, there's always Carowinds, which is basically like the love child of a Six Flags and an opulent truck stop.

New post up. I know Steve reads here cuz it's focused on Ruthie. And Ruthie isn't wearing a frumper! ETA-never mind it's not Ruthie.

Yeah, that's one of the kids from a family they're staying with.

Weird, though, that that random kid gets more pics on their blog than Ruthie has this year, and Lydia has since her newborn pics.

Weird, though, that that random kid gets more pics on their blog than Ruthie has this year, and Lydia has since her newborn pics.

I've noticed that also.

I'm looking at the latest post now. This Ali woman looks really young to have 5 kids already. Damn. In fact, in one of the last posts I thought she was a teenage girl and wondered if one of the boys might be courting her. :shock:

So John was at this conference. I thought he couldn't go due to business? I can't keep track of these people.

Steve standing at the podium while his family sits in a line below him answering questions. Creeeeptacular.

Apparently they are going to be announcing something soon, and it has to do with Keeping Our Children's Hearts. I wonder what is is - a new book or a reissue of the old one?

Apparently they are going to be announcing something soon, and it has to do with Keeping Our Children's Hearts. I wonder what is is - a new book or a reissue of the old one?

Sequel? Follow-up?

"Keeping Our Grandchildrens' Hearts"

"Keeping Our 30-Year-Old Daughters' Hearts"

"How To Systematically Marry Off Your Sons And Keep Your Daughters As Slaves"

Sequel? Follow-up?

*snort* It would be awesome if they did touch on some of those subjects, but I don't think they ever will.

I imagine it would something awesomely stupid and dull.

What could possibly top their piece de resistance, "Making Great Conversationalists"?! It would have to be something absolutely epic. Maybe, "Do You Kids Know Where You're Going When You Die? A Guide for Proselytizing to Sinners Ages 6 and Under"

I know it's kind of standard fundie practice to bung any old jumper/pinafore dress over any old shirt, but in that conference post it seems like some of the kids were wearing a t-shirt/jeans or whatever and then their parents just decided to bung a dress on top to be more modest. In the picture of a load of kids plus Anna and I think another of the girls, one of the kids really looks like she's just put a pinafore/jumper on over her outfit... she's got pink, fairly baggy trousers on underneath, which makes for an odd look. One of the girls isn't wearing a dress at all... Careful kid! Who knows who you're defrauding! :ew: Most of the girls you see at the conferences are wearing dresses/long skirts/frumpers.

(In case I worded this post oddly, which I might have done, check the photos... and then see if you get me. :shrug: )

Sequel? Follow-up?

Love these book ideas.

I know it's kind of standard fundie practice to bung any old jumper/pinafore dress over any old shirt, but in that conference post it seems like some of the kids were wearing a t-shirt/jeans or whatever and then their parents just decided to bung a dress on top to be more modest. In the picture of a load of kids plus Anna and I think another of the girls, one of the kids really looks like she's just put a pinafore/jumper on over her outfit... she's got pink, fairly baggy trousers on underneath, which makes for an odd look. One of the girls isn't wearing a dress at all... Careful kid! Who knows who you're defrauding! :ew: Most of the girls you see at the conferences are wearing dresses/long skirts/frumpers.

(In case I worded this post oddly, which I might have done, check the photos... and then see if you get me. :shrug: )

I got you. Those bright pink baggy pants under a pinafore with a small print, under a cardigan with the top button done up, and the rest open. That's a lot of clothing...

In the fifth conference photo down (not including the first pic of the host family with a bunch of kids), there is a woman or girl pictured from the back running to greet someone, wearing capri pants with a really, long baggy shirt over the top, too.

I bet they're going to release a follow up to Keeping our Children's Hearts where the "children" give testimonies about how awesome their lives turned out due to the fact that Steve and Teri kept their hearts.

I bet they're going to release a follow up to Keeping our Children's Hearts where the "children" give testimonies about how awesome their lives turned out due to the fact that Steve and Teri kept their hearts.

Isn't "Keeping Our Children's Hearts" the only book they've had translated into Spanish? How come it's that one?

Maybe it's a another translation. Or maybe it'll just be too boring for words and they're putting it on sale, or something. :sleeping:

Archived