IGNORED

Maxwells on the road and a secret picture!

BigSandy

The facebook page for the Corrals is a great find!

I had found the father's individual fb page when looking previously, but felt uncomfortable posting that, as it is clearly a personal page.

But the family page looks like it is the home of their "ministry". :D

This page is here to be an uplifting place of encouragement to all who visit. This will also be where we will share family news and photos.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason I want feedback from an INTJ is because I'm dating one. His way of thinking and doing things is pretty different from mine, and I'm trying to understand where he's coming from.
Ahhh that makes a lot of sense!
Do I need to get out my Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring? What the hell are you people talking about? :mrgreen:
To be a bit more specific:

"INTJ stands for Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging and represents individual's preferences in four dimensions characterising personality type, according to Jung's and Briggs Myers' theories of personality type."

The four axes are introversion vs. extroversion, intuition vs. sensing, thinking vs. feeling, and judging vs perceiving. You can google if you want to know more, and of course there's wiki pages such as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ

Sorry everyone but I am a bit late to the party, I know the thread has moved but I needed to address this.

I honestly cannot see how being brainwashed and conditioned into following your parents values through fear of punishment and hell can be defined anywhere near freedom of choice, especially if you are an adult! For me it means only that the Maxwell kidults don't have yet the permission to grow up to that stage where a person has full autonomy in his/her ethic, choosing how to behave on their own, according to their own values developed through their own life experiences(that they cannot have because the world is so so bad), not imposed by their parents because otherwise daddy would be severely upset.

I suppose I'm falling for the old trap of projecting my own experiences and freedoms onto other people. The " brainwashed and conditioned into following your parents values through fear of punishment and hell" thing is something I don't personally relate to so I'm not good at considering the effect that would have on others. Or I even have difficulty imagining that to have happened to others.

My own parents have highlighted the importance of knowing what's right and wrong ourselves, rather than uncritically relying on parental instruction as the final say on authority. And the importance of having our own life experiences. So the idea of adult children doing nothing on their own just doesn't process easily for me.

My point being, my own limited perception of the Maxwells is filtered through a distorted and tinted lens. Or in other words I should probably shut up about people I know next to nothing about.

Hey I wonder whether the Maxwell kids know about the parable of the prodigal son who got his inheritance early and went out and got drunk, laid, and (maybe) wasted. I suppose the lesson they learned from it is that they're not allowed to go out into the world, for their own protection. Which isn't what the parable was about at all :P

Listened to Steve's "one year's time" remarks. Definitely a sales pitch.

The thing is, you can see young families falling for this. The main thing they're afraid of is their kids growing up and moving away from the parent's beliefs. The Maxwells hold themselves up as proof this won't happen if you buy their crap.

Steve sounds so much like those late night t.v. salesmen.

ETA: Good find, uber frau!

Maybe Steve and Teri need a pet. The pet won't grow up and leave them. It can even listen to Bible Time. :D

Maybe Steve and Teri need a pet. The pet won't grow up and leave them. It can even listen to Bible Time. :D

NOOOOOO! They have sucked the life out of enough living creatures...nothing furry and vulnerable deserves what they would be subjected to by these people.

I would be physically sick thinking of their methods of getting an animal to be completely obedient.

They can have a pet rock. Or a paper bird tied to a stick. Nothing that needs love or affection...or has a personality.

https://fbcdn-video-l-a.akamaihd.net/hv ... 0280cff4fb

OMG, check this out that the Corral's posted on their Facebook page. WTF, but Terry (in particular) in this video is just too much for me. They also posted a video on Sept 1, 2015 of one of their daughters using a baby sling to hold her baby. It made me think, lol, maybe Jill Dillard should take some "tips" from their daughter

OMG, check this out that the Corral's posted on their Facebook page. WTF, but Terry (in particular) in this video is just too much for me. They also posted a video on Sept 1, 2015 of one of their daughters using a baby sling to hold her baby. It made me think, lol, maybe Jill Dillard should take some "tips" from their daughter

OMG, Teri's animated head-bobs and shakes are so over-exaggerated and remind me of Sarah's video she made awhile back talking about her Moody books. Yikes.

And the ping-pong head turns between Steve and Teri -- uggggghhhhh! I wonder who dreamed up that kind of head choreography?

ETA: Pass the brain bleach, please!

OMG, Teri's animated head-bobs and shakes are so over-exaggerated and remind me of Sarah's video she made awhile back talking about her Moody books. Yikes.

And the ping-pong head turns between Steve and Teri -- uggggghhhhh! I wonder who dreamed up that kind of head choreography?

ETA: Pass the brain bleach, please!

I agree, that's terrible head choreography. :lol: And they're standing entirely too close together--it looks like one of them is drunk and the other is holding him or her up. :mouse-shock:

In one of the videos of Steve, he seems to be complaining about how everybody has their own room in a home. They have their own LIGHTING WOW. The horror.

In one of the videos of Steve, he seems to be complaining about how everybody has their own room in a home. They have their own LIGHTING WOW. The horror.

I think he was meaning a TV, though he was awkward and difficult to follow. He said something about lights flashing on and off.

I think he was meaning a TV, though he was awkward and difficult to follow. He said something about lights flashing on and off.

He was probably also referring to people having their own computer screens in their rooms. He considers that evil, too.

OMG, check this out that the Corral's posted on their Facebook page. WTF, but Terry (in particular) in this video is just too much for me.

Is that video still on the timeline? The link goes to an error page. I can see two videos of Steve talking on Sept. 26 and one of the children playing a clapping game on September 24. I can't find a video with Teri.

I'm not a computer person so not sure why the link doesn't work anymore, but the video is still on their Facebook page. It was posted on August 13, 2015. I f anyone else knows how to post the video here so it's "permanent" please do so.

Oh my God, they actually have a picture of the dad cleaning the ceiling fan. These people are totally jonesing to be bffs with the Maxwells! Their kids are really young, but I'm sure they have an intermarriage with one of the Maxwell grandkids in their prayers.

It looks like Teri and Steve have been taking lessons from David and Priscilla! :)

This was exactly my first thought as well. Terry reminded me of Priscilla. :lol:

Oh my God, they actually have a picture of the dad cleaning the ceiling fan. These people are totally jonesing to be bffs with the Maxwells! Their kids are really young, but I'm sure they have an intermarriage with one of the Maxwell grandkids in their prayers.

You couldn't make it up!1!! - I just had to leave a comment.

Whoever found the Corral's FB, great find! How did you find it. I see Anna's singing hasn't improved any.

Archived