IGNORED

Maxwells on the road and a secret picture!

BigSandy

Anna always looks great, to me. Women have different types and styles of hair and it's ok. :)

In other news, today I received my used copy of Keeping our Children's Hearts, and I am :o .

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anna's birthday is next month. She'll be 23, I think. Maybe she is starting to see herself going the way of her sister, a spinster. One unmarried adult daughter, ok. But three??? Even the most "hardened" supporter has got to wonder, "what did Steve do wrong that none of his daughters are married???"

Anna's birthday is next month. She'll be 23, I think. Maybe she is starting to see herself going the way of her sister, a spinster. One unmarried adult daughter, ok. But three??? Even the most "hardened" supporter has got to wonder, "what did Steve do wrong that none of his daughters are married???"

I think the hardcore supporters will just say that Steve is such a good father that he will not let his daughters settle down with a man who isn't Godly enough. Or maybe they think he is having trouble finding any man who is a good conversationalist. Although, I do wonder how many supporters they actually have left. They are extreme even under fundy standards.

Sarah was 22 when Keeping Our Children's Hearts was published and she was hopeful back then of having her heart transferred to a husband.

I wonder how Anna rates her own prospects given that Sarah's hopes of independence are almost entirely diminished. Sarah's current life is likely how Anna's own future will pan out, unless Steve ceases to be headship while she is young enough to marry and have her own family. :?

Poor Jesse. It's his 21st birthday and he has to spend it in Maxhell and can't get drunk and laid.
Why should he? When I was 21 I did nothing of the sort. Why do people put so much cultural significance on this behaviour?

Why should he? When I was 21 I did nothing of the sort. Why do people put so much cultural significance on this behaviour?

Not so much that he should, but that he can´t choose to do so if he wants to.

You didn´t do such a thing, probably because you CHOOSE not to yourself. And that´s the big difference.

I can't wait for a rundown of what's in the Keeping Hearts book!

For now, if you search for member gardenvarietycitizen and read her posts in reverse order, you will see many excerpts from the book, and gvc's own summary and analysis. There does not seem to be a dedicated thread, but gvc's summaries pretty much cover most of the book. She includes the passages about Christopher's EMT ambitions being prayed away, and Poor Sarah's thankfulness for being allowed no friends. I am on a tablet right now and am pressed for time, so don't have the resources to create a new thread yet, but if I do so in future, or if anyone else should want to get involved, gvc's posts can easily be quoted and credited for the bulk of the work. :)

I've noticed Christina's eyes not tracking together more than once. This is an older photo, but I saw it in a newer one too.

blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/DSC_3353-267x400.jpg

To me, Anna and Sarah always look tired. Jesse is 21! He looks a lot older than that! Of course, the style of glasses and the slicked- down hair does not help, IMO.

I think they all have their sparkle back, as far as possible, in the latest post about the conference. I imagine that life must feel very closed-in for them, as the immediate family gets smaller and the conference tours get shorter.

I would love to know where John has escaped to...... Run, John, run!!!

Guess who else was on the road?!

Grace Maher posted some wedding pics of her youngest brother, Isaiah. He married a totally normal girl, from a large, Christian family. I looked through all of his and her siblings' facebooks/instagrams and I didn't see any Maxwell pics (Actually didn't see many wedding pics period) HOWEVER according to the Knot website, Bethany Maxwell was the flower girl!

theknot.com/us/isaiah-maher-and-hannah-fox-sep-2015

You can see Grace's pics here:

facebook.com/gracekmaher

It looks like all the siblings were there. There was dancing but I don't know about drinking. I think it is SO NICE that Melanie has her siblings and seems to get together with them regularly (holidays, weddings, there was a pic recently where they were all out shopping), and that the girls get to see normal people. And I have to say, I am proud of Nathan for facilitating this. Because I just do not believe Steve would attend a wedding like this, no way, no how.

Maybe some wedding pics will trickle out in the coming weeks. Maybe there is a hashtag I can find in my stalking internet travels.

I feel like left of center, behind the floral shirt woman, we have the back of Melanie, with Abby to her right, and Nathan opposite them, facing us, looking down at Bethany.

11848973_1676531105910458_1576373731_n.jpg

Pictures are up of their latest "conference". What a small crowd! Sarah couldn't even begin to make it look large.

Nice wedding pictures! I wonder if Mel told Nat "nobody comes between me and my sissy's!!" :lol: I'm going with you or without you!

OMG!!! I looked at her FB pictures. Is that Bethy or Chrissy DANCING with a little boy?! :o If so, Steve's head is going to EXPLODE when he finds out!

I feel like left of center, behind the floral shirt woman, we have the back of Melanie, with Abby to her right, and Nathan opposite them, facing us, looking down at Bethany.

11848973_1676531105910458_1576373731_n.jpg

It appears as though the other children in the background are playing or dancing. Makes me wonder if Abby and Bethany would want to be joining in with the fun and games or if their programming has been so successful that they dare not ask...

It appears as though the other children in the background are playing or dancing. Makes me wonder if Abby and Bethany would want to be joining in with the fun and games or if their programming has been so successful that they dare not ask...

That's what makes me so angry about the Maxwells. It's bad enough that Steve and Teri fucked up their kids and deprived them of a fun childhood, but now the grandkids have the same fate. Fuck you Steve and Teri.

Thanks for the info about Melanie's brother. Can someone tell me how many siblings she has.

Just from memory, I think she is one of ten? Could be 8 or 9.

Pictures are up of their latest "conference". What a small crowd! Sarah couldn't even begin to make it look large.

I tried counting adult heads. Looks like the attendance was no more than 10 or 15 families. Can they really sell enough books to 10 families to make the trip worthwhile?

I'm not thinking about the next 20 years here, or while the folks are still alive, but what happens when Steve and Teri are gone? How on earth will the three sisters support themselves? I can't see the Moody books making enough for one person to live off of let alone three, and I think we are seeing the death throes of the Maxwell book empire. So will it be up to the brothers to help support Anna, Sarah, and Mary or do you think in the next 10 years or so the girls will find a way to earn a living.

This isolation nonsense is going to bite someone on the ass-- I'm just afraid Steve will be dead and buried before the shit hits the fan.

I'm guessing Stevie has been wise enough to invest whatever money he has over the years and probably has done quite well given that, aside from electronics, he's pretty conservative with spending.

I'm guessing Stevie has been wise enough to invest whatever money he has over the years and probably has done quite well given that, aside from electronics, he's pretty conservative with spending.

I hope he has invested money.

I'm not as familiar with this family but find them really interesting. So excuse my dumb question but are the girls not married because their dad refuses all potential suitors or because potential suitors are scared of the dad? Can someone give me more info about it? Thanks!

Archived