IGNORED

Maxwells on the road and a secret picture!

BigSandy

Is he an INTJ? Maybe I'll pm him with my romantic dilemmas.

:laughing-rolling:

Ooh, just checked my email. I promise I will get back to you on that!

(And unfortunately, yeah, I think Steve is an INTJ. Maybe ISTJ.)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, just checked my email. I promise I will get back to you on that!

(And unfortunately, yeah, I think Steve is an INTJ. Maybe ISTJ.)

Is there something wrong with being an INTJ?

I think they mean it's unfortunate because no other INTJ wants to share that category with him.

I'm really glad that Sarah refers to the host as Ali and not "Mrs. whatever." These moms they see are all her age, yet in Maxwell world they are adults and she is not. There have been a few posts were Sarah has referred to someone as "Mrs something" when they are really close to her age.

Is there something wrong with being an INTJ?

I love INTJs. I was looking for advice from an INTJ because their way of thinking sheds light on my own blind spots. I definitely don't want any dating tips from Steve, even if he is an INTJ, lol.

I love INTJs. I was looking for advice from an INTJ because their way of thinking sheds light on my own blind spots. I definitely don't want any dating tips from Steve, even if he is an INTJ, lol.

I am an INTJ. I am not like Steve.

Oh good. :D

The most pronounced part of my own INTJ-ness (according to the online test I recently took - it was only within the last few weeks that I was finally curious enough to find out) is the Introversion part. So if anyone ever asked me for dating tips, I don't think I'd be of any help. Or the sorts of advice I'd give would be either useless or just plain bad. Nor do I really envision needing anyone else's advice in the foreseeable future. But I don't imagine myself to be in any way representative, so I expect there's plenty of INTJs out there who do have valuable input on the subject.

The most pronounced part of my own INTJ-ness (according to the online test I recently took - it was only within the last few weeks that I was finally curious enough to find out) is the Introversion part. So if anyone ever asked me for dating tips, I don't think I'd be of any help. Or the sorts of advice I'd give would be either useless or just plain bad. Nor do I really envision needing anyone else's advice in the foreseeable future. But I don't imagine myself to be in any way representative, so I expect there's plenty of INTJs out there who do have valuable input on the subject.

Yeah, like S-cubed ( ;) ) said, I'm an INTJ too and it's embarrassing to think Steve might be in our club.

Do I need to get out my Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring? What the hell are you people talking about? :mrgreen:

The reason I want feedback from an INTJ is because I'm dating one. His way of thinking and doing things is pretty different from mine, and I'm trying to understand where he's coming from.

INTJ here as well. :whistle:

:thumbsup3: :big-heart:

Do I need to get out my Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring? What the hell are you people talking about? :mrgreen:

It's a personality type from the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, a personality quiz of sorts. Some people think it's hogwash and others swear by it. *googles* OMG Stephen Colbert was just talking about it: csplitsider.com/2015/09/stephen-colbert-takes-the-myers-briggs-personality-test-on-the-late-show/

I'm an INTJ as well! But do NOT ask me for dating advice because I am painfully shy unless I'm with my wife, my best friend, talking in court, or doing work things I can "script" out beforehand (seriously, that's how I handled calling clients as a law student; I had a scripted intro and a "here are our legal workshops, we will send additional info" spiel; otherwise it was mostly just active listening- and I feel listening is the most important skill of a lawyer). If you know your material, too, client advice is not so hard- I view it as "if this/client wants this, then that or that." The most important thing is knowing what someone wants to do!

I do know INTJ lawyers are pretty damn rare though.

I'm really glad that Sarah refers to the host as Ali and not "Mrs. whatever." These moms they see are all her age, yet in Maxwell world they are adults and she is not. There have been a few posts were Sarah has referred to someone as "Mrs something" when they are really close to her age.

It's things like this that make me curious as to how Sarah pictures herself. Given the worldview in which she is immersed, does she, a thirtysomething singleton, see herself as an adult, or does she consider herself in adolescence? Come to think of it, I also wonder how Anna pictures herself.

If you ever want to talk just PM me. I promise you that I give better advice than Steve!

Yeah, like S-cubed ( ;) ) said, I'm an INTJ too and it's embarrassing to think Steve might be in our club.

He's not. He may fit the criteria (although if there is a way he can logically be classed elsewhere I will find it) but I will not vote to allow him in. We cannot have him come in and mess up our sandbox with his fallacious thinking. :penguin-no:

Besides - what happens when it's his turn to provide refreshments at the meetings? I don't eat burritos and two animal crackers is just going to piss everyone off. Piss off a room full of INTJs and bad things will happen. I guarantee it.

(I just mistyped guarantee and when I went to correct with spell check the only option it gave me was intrauterine. Clearly there is no AI in spellcheck, or it's a smartass.)

I am intp/j the split for J and P fit me is almost even.

Here's my relationship advice- no surprises, ever. No impulse decisions, and no last minute changes. Introduce change slowly. Allow time for research and fact collection. Teach new skills or knowledge privately, and don't put them on the spot in uncertain or new situations.

For me personally i'd add, don't call me without warning, as I'm not going to answer, or ill see it as an intrusion, even if I say it's not.

After 25+yrs of marriage, my husband still has trouble remembering those things. Especially the surprise and last minute changes.

Agree!!

Seconding what HNIB and Anonymousguest have said; I'm INTJ but have informally come up as INTP as well. I'm very jumpy and hate when the phone rings, so if you've got a big surprise in store, it better be good news, LOL. I usually muddle through unexpected situations okay, but I don't do a very good job at hiding the fact that I'm probably hating every second of it. I handle spontaneity best when I know it's coming, if you will—a long weekend might be like "Okay, Saturday we'll do A, B, and C, Sunday we'll play by ear, and Monday it's X, Y, and Z." I'm not against making an impulse decision if I think it's a good idea, but if it's neutral to bad, I'm hard to budge.

I don't know if my husband has ever done Myers-Briggs, but since he's basically a happy-go-lucky type who rolls with punches easily, we balance out pretty well and buffer each other from any extremes that get thrown at us. I plan the dinner parties, he deals with any sudden car malfunctions and pipe breakages. Life taught me not to be totally inflexible anyway, but I'm still glad to have him around when I start getting brittle about stupid shit. :lol:

Seconding what HNIB and Anonymousguest have said; I'm INTJ but have informally come up as INTP as well. I'm very jumpy and hate when the phone rings, so if you've got a big surprise in store, it better be good news, LOL. I usually muddle through unexpected situations okay, but I don't do a very good job at hiding the fact that I'm probably hating every second of it. I handle spontaneity best when I know it's coming, if you will—a long weekend might be like "Okay, Saturday we'll do A, B, and C, Sunday we'll play by ear, and Monday it's X, Y, and Z." I'm not against making an impulse decision if I think it's a good idea, but if it's neutral to bad, I'm hard to budge.

I don't know if my husband has ever done Myers-Briggs, but since he's basically a happy-go-lucky type who rolls with punches easily, we balance out pretty well and buffer each other from any extremes that get thrown at us. I plan the dinner parties, he deals with any sudden car malfunctions and pipe breakages. Life taught me not to be totally inflexible anyway, but I'm still glad to have him around when I start getting brittle about stupid shit. :lol:

All these fellow INTJs are warming my heart. :)

I'm with all of you on surprises - no thanks! Like public proposals look like my personal hell. And I can be flexible - if we have plans to do "something," I can go with the flow there. But if we don't have plans and you hit me up with some random idea? Sorry, but no.

My choices are based on my morals and upbringing, so I don't see much difference. If Jesse had really wanted to do so, surely he could have found a way. But the way he was raised there was little chance of him wanting to choose that, just like me. And if he had said to his family that he did want to do that, they would have been 'severely' displeased, just like mine. And that's fine by me.

Sorry everyone but I am a bit late to the party, I know the thread has moved but I needed to address this.

I honestly cannot see how being brainwashed and conditioned into following your parents values through fear of punishment and hell can be defined anywhere near freedom of choice, especially if you are an adult! For me it means only that the Maxwell kidults don't have yet the permission to grow up to that stage where a person has full autonomy in his/her ethic, choosing how to behave on their own, according to their own values developed through their own life experiences(that they cannot have because the world is so so bad), not imposed by their parents because otherwise daddy would be severely upset.

As for CK, I have this feeling that she's still high in the Kool Aid, her posts are really very strange at times.

I found the host family:

facebook.com/The-Corrals-1429344387361703/timeline/

I've only had a chance to skim the page, but it's pretty much Fundy Bingo: Numerous posts plugging their family integrated church, footage of their very young girls helping with dinner clean up, a picture of their training session (it's hard work getting five kids under 6 to sit through a 45 min sermon, y'know :roll:), posts about using Bible passages to teach handwriting, footage of street preaching, anti Planned Parenting posts... Oh, and there's a video clip from this weekend's Maxwell Conference.

They look like they're trying very hard to become Maxwells. (Hell, there's even a picture of Mark cleaning the ceiling fans-we all know he won't be the one doing it when his daughters grow up a bit.)

I found the host family:

facebook.com/The-Corrals-1429344387361703/timeline/

I've only had a chance to skim the page, but it's pretty much Fundy Bingo: Numerous posts plugging their family integrated church, footage of their very young girls helping with dinner clean up, a picture of their training session (it's hard work getting five kids under 6 to sit through a 45 min sermon, y'know :roll:), posts about using Bible passages to teach handwriting, footage of street preaching, anti Planned Parenting posts... Oh, and there's a video clip from this weekend's Maxwell Conference.

They look like they're trying very hard to become Maxwells. (Hell, there's even a picture of Mark cleaning the ceiling fans-we all know he won't be the one doing it when his daughters grow up a bit.)

Good find, UberFrau! Steve's head would implode if he knew there was video of him at his own conference online, much less on evil Facebook! I'm sure he has no idea.

Good find, UberFrau! Steve's head would implode if he knew there was video of him at his own conference online, much less on evil Facebook! I'm sure he has no idea.

What I love is that, over the baby's comments, what I hear is a sales pitch to buy the Maxwell stuff, and follow it, and in only ONE YEAR'S TIME you will see a change in your family.

So we aren't getting a true sermon at all, just a part of his sales pitch...

And I have no problem with that. I'm in marketing and my husband is out pitching literally all the time. We just don't call it a ministry.

The facebook page for the Corrals is a great find!

I had found the father's individual fb page when looking previously, but felt uncomfortable posting that, as it is clearly a personal page.

But the family page looks like it is the home of their "ministry". :D

This page is here to be an uplifting place of encouragement to all who visit. This will also be where we will share family news and photos.

Archived